PDA

View Full Version : One "Solution"

10-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Why are we transitioning to this worthless program? Everything knows how pointless and time consuming this is going to be, except for the butt-kissing supervisors and they don't generally type reports. We are going to be spending so much time typing instead of finding reasons to type (productivity). Nothing is more simple and user friendly than our current MDB, Mars and RAPS, hence the "if it ain't broke, why fix it" term is getting thrown about. I just don't understand why this is being shoved down our throats. Someone please explain how this is going to make things easier/better for the average user.

10-11-2013, 08:14 PM
follow the $$$$$$$

10-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I agree with you. If it ain't broke.... :shock:
To answer, the sheriff has wanted a new system since he first came here! Need I say more? Doesn't matter what we think!

10-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I think once we switch, you will see how more efficient it is. I work the road, and welcome the change. My opinion only.

10-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I have a strong feeling that when they hit the switch, everything is going to crash and will be down for a few days. What a horrible idea and waste of money as this is going to really slow productivity as nobody is going to want to take a "simple report". I don't see any report taking less than 20 minutes to type and that would be something like a trespass warning. God help you if you take a cluster, oh and don't forget to write down which number of crime each victim was a victim of. What the hell is that part all about? Death investigations requires duplicated work. MDB, Mars and RAPS worked perfectly and now someone is trying to reinvent the proverbial wheel and this is definitely not the right way. Sure people ***** about change and I usually welcome it, but this is just plain bad.

10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
I have a strong feeling that when they hit the switch, everything is going to crash and will be down for a few days. What a horrible idea and waste of money as this is going to really slow productivity as nobody is going to want to take a "simple report". I don't see any report taking less than 20 minutes to type and that would be something like a trespass warning. God help you if you take a cluster, oh and don't forget to write down which number of crime each victim was a victim of. What the hell is that part all about? Death investigations requires duplicated work. MDB, Mars and RAPS worked perfectly and now someone is trying to reinvent the proverbial wheel and this is definitely not the right way. Sure people ***** about change and I usually welcome it, but this is just plain bad.

I'm confused do you welcome change or *****ing?

10-15-2013, 10:01 PM
For those of us that can remember HANDWRITTEN reports; remember the talk when the laptops came out?

Big brother was watching on GPS? AVL
We'll never get anything done? We'll be typing all day.

There are some people who can remember that you did a traffic stop without actually knowing EVERYTHING your heart desired. That's right, we used to have to call dispatch on a radio. Hell, there was a day, in my lifetime that people didn't have radios in cars.

Blah blah blah

Technology evolves. How many cell phones have you had in the last 5 years?

Learn it, use it, get over it, or dare I say, retire?

10-16-2013, 03:57 AM
For those of us that can remember HANDWRITTEN reports; remember the talk when the laptops came out?

There are some people who can remember that you did a traffic stop without actually knowing EVERYTHING your heart desired. That's right, we used to have to call dispatch on a radio. Hell, there was a day, in my lifetime that people didn't have radios in cars.

Blah blah blah

Truly spoken like someone who has recently been promoted to a command level position, perhaps one who was on the OneSolution committee?

You see, Sir, I too remember handwritten reports. The ones we had before you showed up, when the different colored sheets were used for different crime classifications. Way before we were REQUIRED to document verbal domestic disputes at the encouragement of one (now retired) Sergeant. And jurats too. So don't try to impress me with your historical knowledge.

This is not the best solution for the agency. It is just another HTE blunder waiting to crash, but since we are already screwed with their products it is cheaper than getting a real working software solution.

If you cannot handle the truth, dare I say, maybe it is time for YOU to retire???

10-16-2013, 10:20 AM

Blah blah blah

Not even close to being in command. I've bo connection to this agency greater than a pathetic paycheck, just like you. Though, I am the master of my own domain.

Get over it.

Truly spoken like someone who has recently been promoted to a command level position, perhaps one who was on the OneSolution committee?

You see, Sir, I too remember handwritten reports. The ones we had before you showed up, when the different colored sheets were used for different crime classifications. Way before we were REQUIRED to document verbal domestic disputes at the encouragement of one (now retired) Sergeant. And jurats too. So don't try to impress me with your historical knowledge.

This is not the best solution for the agency. It is just another HTE blunder waiting to crash, but since we are already screwed with their products it is cheaper than getting a real working software solution.

If you cannot handle the truth, dare I say, maybe it is time for YOU to retire???

10-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Sorry, I'm not anywhere near being a member of command. If I was, well, things might be different. :lol:

10-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Funny how the higher ups and detectives (who have secretaries dictate their reports) like this crappy program because it gives them more information. However people who are actually going to have to be using it (patrol) absolutely hate it as it will allow for much less time being proactive. What a sad waste of money and manpower. If anyone higher up is reading this, WE ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS!

10-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Funny how the higher ups and detectives (who have secretaries dictate their reports) like this crappy program because it gives them more information. However people who are actually going to have to be using it (patrol) absolutely hate it as it will allow for much less time being proactive. What a sad waste of money and manpower. If anyone higher up is reading this, WE ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS!

"WE""? Dont speak for all of us. Are you trying to convince anyone that the system we had (nobody else in the world uses it) is better? We had a system that was obsolete when we got it. We will more information on the road for 10 17 and you can speak for yourself.

10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
You obviously don't work in patrol. Everything we need/use every night was much more user-friendly than this crap. The only people who'll benefit from this are the people who don't have to use it. Sad too because this is going to be a major morale killer.

10-17-2013, 05:52 PM
You obviously don't work in patrol. Everything we need/use every night was much more user-friendly than this crap. The only people who'll benefit from this are the people who don't have to use it. Sad too because this is going to be a major morale killer.

Funny. You think the bosses still care about morale. They don't care about morale until the next election.

10-18-2013, 10:58 AM
What is this? I was always able to tell people our pay sucks but we have the best equipment and software, but that's no longer the case. Just reading the details of calls holding takes to many steps, the mapping program is dead and people are being told to buy a GPS. Thankfully we are still using MARS and it really should stay that way. Patrol is the backbone of this agency and now our job's are going to be much harder. Think about all the money that has been spent in the program, training, new computers and the overtime paid to fill the gaps in patrol due to the training. And this is the end result

10-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Gather round boys and girls while we walk down memory lane. 20 years ago, we were told it was unsafe to go to the Glocks. They were plastic and not as reliable as revolvers. Then 10 years ago, the world almost ended when we put computers in cars. Now, the Onesolution will destroy us all. Progress will continue and there will always be complainers and those afraid of change. Now lets all quiet down, we will end up better with onesolution than with the MDB and MARS. Excuse me, I have to play with my pacman.

10-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Spoken like someone who obviously doesn't work patrol. Progress is always nice, but with regards to patrol functions, this is going way backwards. Sadly, this will bite someone in the next election.

10-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Spoken like someone who obviously doesn't work patrol. Progress is always nice, but with regards to patrol functions, this is going way backwards. Sadly, this will bite someone in the next election.

They are not worried about the next election. Unless you mean Harrington, since he will be the one running.

10-19-2013, 12:20 PM

So the civilians in the county are going to vote against Bob because of this??? Wow, you're out of touch with reality.

10-20-2013, 01:10 PM

So the civilians in the county are going to vote against Bob because of this??? Wow, you're out of touch with reality.

Bob who?

10-21-2013, 03:00 PM
This is the worst program on every level. How much money was spent on this junk? I heard someone from my platoon state "This is Nocco's Obamacare" and sadly I agree. I don't see anything right with this, but several faults. It will severely hinder proativity.

10-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Look its crappy software, slow down take your time and remember you get paid by the hour not how many calls you take or how many reports you do. Maybe this will slowdown the pso standard of doing tons of non crime reports... I mean look how many reports we have that are all really info reports.

10-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Buncha whiny *****es.

10-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Buncha whiny *****es.

Shut your mouth you stupid jail guard, your getting the same program to replace you JMS.

10-24-2013, 09:52 AM
A police department is suing Sungard for their money back because it's such a bad program. They also charge $130k-$165k/year just to maintain the system. I thinks it's funny people who are either non-patrol and/or have not or ever will use it say it's great. News flash, it's useless and it will result in car accidents due to the fact A) without "virtual partner" we have to look at the screen (while squinting due to small font) after running a tag and B) We have to navigate several steps just to read about a call holding. And thank God for Google Maps for looking up an address since the mapping software is completely dead. You'll be hard pressed to find any large agency using this and someone should be fired for recommending this as it was a complete waste of precious money. The worst part of it hasn't even begun yet, wait until we have to start typing reports with MFR and you have to remember if you need to hit / or space bar to bring up the drop down and it takes an hour to type a basic report. Can you tell we are pissed about having this forced down out throats?

10-24-2013, 10:34 AM
A police department is suing Sungard for their money back because it's such a bad program. They also charge $130k-$165k/year just to maintain the system. I thinks it's funny people who are either non-patrol and/or have not or ever will use it say it's great. News flash, it's useless and it will result in car accidents due to the fact A) without "virtual partner" we have to look at the screen (while squinting due to small font) after running a tag and B) We have to navigate several steps just to read about a call holding. And thank God for Google Maps for looking up an address since the mapping software is completely dead. You'll be hard pressed to find any large agency using this and someone should be fired for recommending this as it was a complete waste of precious money. The worst part of it hasn't even begun yet, wait until we have to start typing reports with MFR and you have to remember if you need to hit / or space bar to bring up the drop down and it takes an hour to type a basic report. Can you tell we are pissed about having this forced down out throats?
Im not sure about you but in the class I was in, we were told that the system is not fully live until you have MFR and RMS too. That is in a couple of weeks. The complaining about something that isnt even fully implemented is amazing. When you thank God for Google Maps, remember that we didnt even have access to it until Sheriff Nocco made sure we got the internet in the field. Oh yeah, in our class they mentioned Broward S.O. Clay S.O. and Miami PD as having it.............so much for the BIG agency argument.

10-24-2013, 03:42 PM

Do you have that link where you read that the agency is suing? That would be interesting to read. Also it is a completely different system and it will take time to navigate and understand. My suggestion is finding someone that knows the system and learn how to use it. I'm only suggesting this because some of the complaints you stated are an easy fix. I will give you one thing though, it was easier when NCIC voiced the info to you.

10-28-2013, 04:37 AM
[/quote]
Im not sure about you but in the class I was in, we were told that the system is not fully live until you have MFR and RMS too. That is in a couple of weeks. The complaining about something that isnt even fully implemented is amazing. When you thank God for Google Maps, remember that we didnt even have access to it until Sheriff Nocco made sure we got the internet in the field. Oh yeah, in our class they mentioned Broward S.O. Clay S.O. and Miami PD as having it.............so much for the BIG agency argument.[/quote]

You find it acceptable to roll out a program that isn''t fully operational?

If the private, for profit sector like Yahoo, Amazon, Apple, Walmart, etc roll out a half finished program/website they lose sales/profits and have to answer to their share holders.

You roll out an unfinished program in Law Enforcement and there is the potential people get hurt. Kind of a big difference.

Why not get everything in the program working properly before switching us over? Pushing back the "flip the switch" date would not have hurt anything and would have given I.T. the time it needed to get every aspect of the program working the way it was designed.

As of right now, I am not a fan of the Sungard program. It was not designed well and does not provide a solid user interface. It seems to have most of the pieces to work well but the flow of the program is terrible. The user needs to complete many steps for simple tasks.

The Agency should have spent a few extra hundred thousand dollars more and gotten a much better program. There just has to be something better out there.

10-28-2013, 09:20 AM
It's going to result in vehicle accidents due to having to spend more time looking at it. I want one screen where I can see the holding calls, active calls, the name of the deputy assigned a unit and one double click to read the call (you know, like the system we just threw away). What sense does it make to require us to navigate many steps just to see what I just requested? Even little things such as not being able to just hit "enter" but having to go down and hit "send/submit" takes time and eyes off the road. Oh and I'm sorry, but am I primary or are you because I can't just make myself 10-8. The mapping program is the biggest joke for to many reasons to list, thank God I can look up addresses on my phone. Wait until we have to waste time typing basic reports. Technology is suppose to progressively allow you to reduce precious time to allow for more productivity and this crap went backwards. This is Nocco's Obamacare as everyone is saying and sadly it's going to leave a negative legacy. Instead of "OneSolution", let's call it "OneToManyProblems".

11-06-2013, 09:17 AM
MFR = Mother****eR, as that's what we're saying while using it. What a complete waste of money on something admin was told over a year ago would not be good. "One Solution" has definitely taken us backwards and it's going to become a huge talking point for years to come and not in a good way. Even supervisors are finally admitting it sucks and we're still throwing A TON of money into it trying to get it somewhat near as good as the old system which worked perfectly. MDB, MARS, RAPS and AVL worked great but yet we got suckered into wasting millions on this crap and now we're stuck. Sorry Nocco, you're a great leader but this is your Obamacare.

11-07-2013, 12:19 AM
One Solution totally SUCKS!

11-07-2013, 11:41 AM
It's going to result in vehicle accidents due to having to spend more time looking at it. I want one screen where I can see the holding calls, active calls, the name of the deputy assigned a unit and one double click to read the call (you know, like the system we just threw away). What sense does it make to require us to navigate many steps just to see what I just requested? Even little things such as not being able to just hit "enter" but having to go down and hit "send/submit" takes time and eyes off the road. Oh and I'm sorry, but am I primary or are you because I can't just make myself 10-8. The mapping program is the biggest joke for to many reasons to list, thank God I can look up addresses on my phone. Wait until we have to waste time typing basic reports. Technology is suppose to progressively allow you to reduce precious time to allow for more productivity and this crap went backwards. This is Nocco's Obamacare as everyone is saying and sadly it's going to leave a negative legacy. Instead of "OneSolution", let's call it "OneToManyProblems".

"Everyone" is saying it? I'm not..............leave me out of your rant.

12-26-2013, 10:25 PM
This still sucks and will go down as the worst investment ever. So many damn glitches and I'm sure we've run out of money to pay Sunguard to fix them. MRF is absolutely horrible and RMS is 10x worse.

12-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Gotta laugh it gets worse not better. Someone had to get paid off because the program is junk. MFR lost 2 of my reports. Sarge says do them again EARN the raise you got. Fun more work.

12-27-2013, 03:08 AM
Your Sarge sounds like a clown.

01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
He is new so I just brush it off.

01-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Heard that we are going to have the old AVL back and access to the RMS. Good. This should help us out on the road. Thank you for listening to our needs Sheriff.

02-15-2014, 11:16 PM
We got sold a rotten bag of goods with this. Not one aspect is an improvement. Now they come out with an email saying we aren't updating it, which is obviously false and yet I have still not seen any changes. The call holding screen is still many clicks away. The map is still a complete joke and we now have to use Google maps or personal GPS. The MFR is the worse as you have to keep adding everyones information, even when they live together. The MFR then makes you add a person you've already added. We can't research anything useful like with RAPS. I once posted this would cause accidents due to more time looking away from the road and notice we've unfortunately been having a rise in accidents. Sad part is, the administration was told way prior to buying this that it was going to be junk and they bought it anyways. The next election will be interesting as an opposing candidate will have so much ammunition other than the lowest morale I've ever seen. OneSolution is Noccos Obamacare, it was something everyone knew would be bad and a waste of money and it was force fed to us.

02-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Interesting how two former lieutenants who were the lead proponents of this system have been promoted since it's inception. One to Captain and the other to Major.

Guess there are perks none of us knew about after all!

02-17-2014, 04:46 AM
Interesting how two former lieutenants who were the lead proponents of this system have been promoted since it's inception. One to Captain and the other to Major.

Guess there are perks none of us knew about after all!

Nobody cares except those who got promoted. Just suck it up. We are stuck with this crappy system.

03-26-2014, 03:16 PM

Guess there are perks none of us knew about after all! and anyone who was in charge of IT has been fired. Is this Nochos way of protecting himself and his wifes company.

Doesnt her firm represent the company.

05-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Absolutely horrible and we keep doing "updates". Sure with Nocco would've listened when he was told this would be useless. Sunguard produced the last program it it's sad they sold us a new program that's much worse than the old program. This is going to bite someone in the next election.

05-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Absolutely horrible and we keep doing "updates". Sure with Nocco would've listened when he was told this would be useless. Sunguard produced the last program it it's sad they sold us a new program that's much worse than the old program. This is going to bite someone in the next election.

Ok. I HATED the system when it came out. Yes it still has short comings. However, it is what we have. We mostly know what to expect now and how to work around it.

So what EXACTLY is wrong with it now? Be specific.

05-12-2014, 01:10 AM
Come out and handle some calls for a while, Captain. You will see for yourself how badly it is flawed.

05-12-2014, 12:48 PM
To "Da Truth"

I'm not a Captain. If I was, I wouldn't give a rats a$$ what you thought. I'm just a road guy. So, what is wrong with what we have?

Later genius

05-12-2014, 02:47 PM
"Disagree"----REAL raps guy who use this pathetic excuse for a program are keenly aware of the downfalls and limitations of OneSolution. You obviously aren't a working stiff, hence your lack of knowledge and questions being asked.

Nice try, Poser. Nobody gives a rats a$$ what you think. Do some real work and stop sucking up for another promotion. Just go build some more signs for 2016, you jacka$$.

05-13-2014, 09:07 AM
The problems are very well known. This system was demonstrated to a bunch of people including deputies and they all advised it was horrible, yet purchased anyways. The system was worthless from the start and still is even with daily "updates". They keep wasting money hoping it improves to the level the old system was. What they need to do is admit they screwed up and cut their losses by going back to the old system. Sad when we get a priority call and we have to navigate several screens while hauling ass just to get a description of the suspect. What a freakin waste of money.

05-20-2014, 10:55 AM
The problems are very well known. This system was demonstrated to a bunch of people including deputies and they all advised it was horrible, yet purchased anyways. The system was worthless from the start and still is even with daily "updates". They keep wasting money hoping it improves to the level the old system was. What they need to do is admit they screwed up and cut their losses by going back to the old system. Sad when we get a priority call and we have to navigate several screens while hauling ass just to get a description of the suspect. What a freakin waste of money.

It will all work out in the end. Every start has its beginnings and bugs to work out. Just be patient.

05-20-2014, 11:48 PM

It will all work out in the end. Every start has its beginnings and bugs to work out. Just be patient.

Thanks for the support Bridget. We'll cross are fingers and hope, you just keep making deals.

05-21-2014, 02:41 AM
I want the old system back.
:devil: :devil: :devil:

05-21-2014, 10:19 AM
We all do.

07-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Nocco, you really need to consider taking the financial hit (before wasting even more money) and dump this whole system. Not one aspect of it is better than the previous. We "update" this thing every week and we still have to many steps to view calls which are holding, the map is still horrible, the report writing is a complete joke and most of us don't even put all the requested information in as it's to repetitive and time consuming. I said this in October and it has proven correct, as we're experiencing more deputy at fault accidents due to having to take the eyes off the road. Now on to "RMS", it's severely hurting investigations when we cannot view reports which have not yet been approved as we're getting additional information about someone else's case and unable to properly supplement or take action. When searching for names, it doesn't filter by date, classification or investigating deputy, like "RAPS" perfectly allowed. If you want to impress us (which you obviously don't care, but definitely should as you've lost our support), you should announce something like "due to Sunguard not living up to our high expectations, we are going to transition back to the previous Sunguard software, which everyone told us was much better before we were foolishly convinced to purchase this crappy version". Ok, I'm done as I need to reboot my computer for the fifth time today.

07-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Yep and another clue is nearly every deputy is using a personally owned GPS to find their way to the call.

Great program...NOT

08-01-2014, 12:17 PM
I am surprised that our "union" hasnt tried to bring this issue up in their frequent meetings with the Sheriff.

Ooooooh, thats right. They are probably using their meeting time for political "strategerie".

08-03-2014, 01:45 AM
The Union is a total JOKE! They are all in it or them self

Make me a Detective or promote me and I will do what YOU want Nocco! Shameful

Unregistered
01-28-2015, 09:06 PM
This program still is horrible. That's all