PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's Civil Citation Policy Praised

10-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Sheriff's Civil Citation Policy Praised
http://www.sfltimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14490&Itemid=331

10-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice story. Good to see other agencies jumping on board. This is a good statute that should be mandatory statewide.

10-04-2013, 11:31 AM
So he copied Miami-Dade and Hillsborough Counties who have been doing this for years. Big deal. Let's see him come up with an original idea of his own.

10-04-2013, 11:50 AM
LOL, lets be real here...The "Newspaper" article is a propaganda arm for the Sheriff...he hired the main "reporter" for this Homeless Voice-esque "newspaper" in January when he took office.

I had no problem with the program until the recent Command order telling me my victims have no say in the matter...that's dead wrong.

10-04-2013, 04:42 PM
So he copied Miami-Dade and Hillsborough Counties who have been doing this for years. Big deal. Let's see him come up with an original idea of his own.

Not quite. Those counties have policies that reflect the state statute, not policy. BSO now has a mandatory policy, which is a big difference. This is a good policy, hard to see how anyone can argue with this.

10-04-2013, 04:45 PM
LOL, lets be real here...The "Newspaper" article is a propaganda arm for the Sheriff...he hired the main "reporter" for this Homeless Voice-esque "newspaper" in January when he took office.

I had no problem with the program until the recent Command order telling me my victims have no say in the matter...that's dead wrong.

Hi Al! Good to see your are reading LEO again. Really missed your stupid comments and views. Welcome back.

10-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Yeah. I agree. We need Bob Norman to do a story.

Oh, that's right, he is on the hot seat for lying about Commissioner Sharief and has been taken off the air for now. He must also stay away from Sharief and never call, email or contact her again.

10-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Oh, that's right, he is on the hot seat for lying about Commissioner Sharief and has been taken off the air for now. He must also stay away from Sharief and never call, email or contact her again.

Tell the truth now. Norman was on the air Thursday night doing a story about the county mayor/commissioner who is running for a state house district she does not live in. As for Sharief, Norman screwed up when he said she committed a criminal offense when all she did was improperly collect $500,000 from Medicaid. She said oops and agreed to pay it back, plus a $50,000 penalty. Sharief is an indictment waiting to happen.

10-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Great..State law gave us the discretion. ...Israel makes it mandatory to let a juvenile suspect go. Some deserve the discretion. ..but some don't. Now some thug can go free if we catch them loitering and prowling...or go free lying to us ...or go free hitting others..or possession of weed....Sheriff you lost my support on this one....you can't take my discretion aeay...and you certainly can't take a victims choice away to press charges ....

Help

10-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Great..State law gave us the discretion. ...Israel makes it mandatory to let a juvenile suspect go. Some deserve the discretion. ..but some don't. Now some thug can go free if we catch them loitering and prowling...or go free lying to us ...or go free hitting others..or possession of weed....Sheriff you lost my support on this one....you can't take my discretion aeay...and you certainly can't take a victims choice away to press charges ....

Help

Nice try you political hack, first off what makes a juvenile a thug because he is black? Loitering & prowling seriously you consider that a real crime? Bag of weed is that a real crime lol what a joke you are. Oh and if someone commits a battery they will be arrested stop your drama.

10-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Keep up the good work Sheriff. Lamberti's plants are spreading nonsense but voters support you.

10-04-2013, 10:40 PM

Tell the truth now. Norman was on the air Thursday night doing a story about the county mayor/commissioner who is running for a state house district she does not live in. As for Sharief, Norman screwed up when he said she committed a criminal offense when all she did was improperly collect $500,000 from Medicaid. She said oops and agreed to pay it back, plus a $50,000 penalty. Sharief is an indictment waiting to happen. Al, Norman will be let go. You can hired him to work on your campaign.

10-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Help

Nice try you political hack, first off what makes a juvenile a thug because he is black? Loitering & prowling seriously you consider that a real crime? Bag of weed is that a real crime lol what a joke you are. Oh and if someone commits a battery they will be arrested stop your drama.
committing a crime makes a juvenile a thug, color does not matter, L & P with a pry bar and rubber gloves in his pocket is not a joke, that is a precursor to what could be a burglary or home invasion rape. Look at the last few national killings. All juveniles who are now murderers.

10-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Keep up the good work Sheriff. Lamberti's plants are spreading nonsense but voters support you.

Speak for yourself Democrat...

10-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't think this is a lawful order/policy...its like if the Sheriff issued an order/policy that all DUIs get a warning...FDLE will be looking into this..Do what is right by State law....if the thug needs to take a ride..he takes a ride..the sergeant can't stop you..nor lieutenant..npr captain major colonel or Sheriff....Do what's right and lawful...not what makes political points...

10-04-2013, 11:29 PM

Help

committing a crime makes a juvenile a thug, color does not matter, L & P with a pry bar and rubber gloves in his pocket is not a joke, that is a precursor to what could be a burglary or home invasion rape. Look at the last few national killings. All juveniles who are now murderers.

Al, state law and the policy says its for juveniles that qualifies for the program. Those commiting serious offenses do not qualify for the program or policy.

10-04-2013, 11:39 PM

No. I'm a just a human being.

10-05-2013, 12:47 AM

Help

Al, state law and the policy says its for juveniles that qualifies for the program. Those commiting serious offenses do not qualify for the program or policy.

10-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Its discretionary per the State Law...DISCRETIONARY

10-05-2013, 04:27 AM

AND OUR POLICY TAKES THAT DISCRETION AWAY, PER SCOTT AND SATZ, IT IS NOT DISCRETIONARY.

Read the policy. L&P IS MANDATORY under this policy/law, as it is "non-violent" misdemeanor, as long as the juvie has no record, PER POLICY, we ARE to issue a civil citation, yes, crow bar, gloves and all. **** u and get your facts right. This is a part-one -UCR clearance buster. That's all. Thanks to Satz helping Scott.

"Dear Broward, I brought the juvenile crime rate dow XxX% in the past 4 years/ Vote for me again........."

10-05-2013, 07:06 AM

Help

Not Al, and apparently you don't understand crime and escalation. L & P minor crime ( because you stopped it BEFORE it became a burglary, home invasion, rape or robbery.) John Cuey was described as a petit criminal and drug addict before he abducted raped and murdered a little girl in central Fl. Just saying you should not take away discretion from deputy.

10-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Help

You're nuts and should not have a badge. The kids that completes a diversion program and goes on the live a productive life could be the one that saves your life some day. Or they might be sheriff of this agency.

10-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Welcome brother Al, have you forgotten about the meetings you are having with Democratic operatives about switching parties? Do you support the civil citation policy or not?!

10-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Follow the law...no Major can make you unarrest a juvenle..that would be Obstruction of Justice...

10-05-2013, 08:39 PM
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=302&t=153744

10-06-2013, 02:45 PM
great message this sends to all the good kids that do the right thing

10-06-2013, 04:28 PM

What you meant to say was, wow, what a great message to send to all the kids that want to steal for the first time and get away with it. Or punch someone and get away with it. Or, well, you get the idea :wink:

10-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Help

You're nuts and should not have a badge. The kids that completes a diversion program and goes on the live a productive life could be the one that saves your life some day. Or they might be sheriff of this agency. A kid who completes this program may do just what you say, but a kid that was put in this program that should have been put in the system might just go ahead and douse another kid with alcohol and set him on fire ( Michael brewer case) or he might go on and commit a series of burglary rapes because he was let off on the simple L & P that is now required to go to a diversionary program. I am not against the diversionary program, I am against taking away the deputies discretion in using it.

10-08-2013, 12:37 AM

What you meant to say was, wow, what a great message to send to all the kids that want to steal for the first time and get away with it. Or punch someone and get away with it. Or, well, you get the idea :wink:

no I said what I meant, if you keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble you have the same chance is a 3 time loser. Great message.....

10-08-2013, 04:36 AM

AND OUR POLICY TAKES THAT DISCRETION AWAY, PER SCOTT AND SATZ, IT IS NOT DISCRETIONARY.

Read the policy. L&P IS MANDATORY under this policy/law, as it is "non-violent" misdemeanor, as long as the juvie has no record, PER POLICY, we ARE to issue a civil citation, yes, crow bar, gloves and all. **** u and get your facts right. This is a part-one -UCR clearance buster. That's all. Thanks to Satz helping Scott.

"Dear Broward, I brought the juvenile crime rate dow XxX% in the past 4 years/ Vote for me again........."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyenhWOwg8

10-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Help

You're nuts and should not have a badge. The kids that completes a diversion program and goes on the live a productive life could be the one that saves your life some day. Or they might be sheriff of this agency. A kid who completes this program may do just what you say, but a kid that was put in this program that should have been put in the system might just go ahead and douse another kid with alcohol and set him on fire ( Michael brewer case) or he might go on and commit a series of burglary rapes because he was let off on the simple L & P that is now required to go to a diversionary program. I am not against the diversionary program, I am against taking away the deputies discretion in using it.

Good article and great topics for sensible discussion. I beginning to like this Sheriff.

Okay, nice point but speculative and improbable. If it were not made mandatory, how would you ensure equitable application of the statute?

At least Sheriff Israel has ideas and the courage to try new approaches. Every kid deserves second chance and we have to think is terms of success, not the failed, do nothing policies of the past. The rate of juvenile incarcerations indicates our society will reach total failure at some point. These are the leaders of the future and they deserve every chance possible. Good job Sheriff.

10-08-2013, 10:12 AM
[quote="Guest":3dhoksm0]Great..State law gave us the discretion. ...Israel makes it mandatory to let a juvenile suspect go. Some deserve the discretion. ..but some don't. Now some thug can go free if we catch them loitering and prowling...or go free lying to us ...or go free hitting others..or possession of weed....Sheriff you lost my support on this one....you can't take my discretion aeay...and you certainly can't take a victims choice away to press charges ....

Help

Good article and great topics for sensible discussion. I beginning to like this Sheriff.

Okay, nice point but speculative and improbable. If it were not made mandatory, how would you ensure equitable application of the statute?

At least Sheriff Israel has ideas and the courage to try new approaches. Every kid deserves second chance and we have to think is terms of success, not the failed, do nothing policies of the past. The rate of juvenile incarcerations indicates our society will reach total failure at some point. These are the leaders of the future and they deserve every chance possible. Good job Sheriff.[/quote:3dhoksm0]
How can you say improbable, have you seen the latest of national murders committed by juveniles? The murdered Australian college student? The Murdered wwII vet? Both killed by juveniles. Treyvon Martin caught with ladies jewelry later linked to a home burglary, his case was "diverted" and handled internally as a suspension and now he is dead. Would he be alive today if it was handled within the criminal justice system and had more court oversight? Maybe, His mother never even knew about it. If she had known would she have kept a closer eye on him, maybe,... yes I am speculating. Would he be alive today if he had entered the court system? Isn't keeping kids alive more important than looking for excuses for bad behavior. How do we ensure equitable application... what do you mean.... do you not trust the deputies? (and maybe you have reason not to trust deputies) If you don't trust the deputy to make a good decision in choosing maybe we need more deputy training to ensure who and how it should be implemented.

10-08-2013, 11:24 PM
[quote="Guest":2x2db1a6][quote="Guest":2x2db1a6]Great..State law gave us the discretion. ...Israel makes it mandatory to let a juvenile suspect go. Some deserve the discretion. ..but some don't. Now some thug can go free if we catch them loitering and prowling...or go free lying to us ...or go free hitting others..or possession of weed....Sheriff you lost my support on this one....you can't take my discretion aeay...and you certainly can't take a victims choice away to press charges ....

Help

At least Sheriff Israel has ideas and the courage to try new approaches. Every kid deserves second chance and we have to think is terms of success, not the failed, do nothing policies of the past. The rate of juvenile incarcerations indicates our society will reach total failure at some point. These are the leaders of the future and they deserve every chance possible. Good job Sheriff.[/quote:2x2db1a6]
How can you say improbable, have you seen the latest of national murders committed by juveniles? The murdered Australian college student? The Murdered wwII vet? Both killed by juveniles. Treyvon Martin caught with ladies jewelry later linked to a home burglary, his case was "diverted" and handled internally as a suspension and now he is dead. Would he be alive today if it was handled within the criminal justice system and had more court oversight? Maybe, His mother never even knew about it. If she had known would she have kept a closer eye on him, maybe,... yes I am speculating. Would he be alive today if he had entered the court system? Isn't keeping kids alive more important than looking for excuses for bad behavior. How do we ensure equitable application... what do you mean.... do you not trust the deputies? (and maybe you have reason not to trust deputies) If you don't trust the deputy to make a good decision in choosing maybe we need more deputy training to ensure who and how it should be implemented. [/quote:2x2db1a6]
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/pompano-beach/fl-pompano-mail-robber-arrest-20131008,0,3712343.story

10-08-2013, 11:51 PM
I wonder how many diversions those juveniles in Oklahoma recieved before they gunned down that Australia baseball playdr for fun...

10-09-2013, 11:58 AM

no I said what I meant, if you keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble you have the same chance is a 3 time loser. Great message.....

What you typed here in referring what you meant to say doesn't make sense. We wouldn't need any laws if everyone kept their noses clean. but the issue is Israel and Satz taking away our discretion. You're obviously a civilian, so i wouldn't expect you to understand. Some kid walks up to your daughter or son, punches him and breaks his nose, or loses a tooth, and you can honestly say you would rather him not be criminally charged?

Oh, and you're probably upset that I used the name that you were intending to use, except I spelled it correctly. :snicker:

10-09-2013, 09:20 PM
I had me a kid at the corner stoe who took a 50cent can of ritz soda and the owner wanted him locked up. I tolds the owner he go yo 50 cent have a good day!

10-09-2013, 09:26 PM
When one of the citations leads to a homicide... See how many are left on the praise train...... Only Homer Tubbs...... Because he gets paid to be.

10-09-2013, 10:07 PM
I had me a kid at the corner stoe who took a 50cent can of ritz soda and the owner wanted him locked up. I tolds the owner he go yo 50 cent have a good day!

Congrats..you just created a thug to be

10-09-2013, 10:41 PM

What you typed here in referring what you meant to say doesn't make sense. We wouldn't need any laws if everyone kept their noses clean. but the issue is Israel and Satz taking away our discretion. You're obviously a civilian, so i wouldn't expect you to understand. Some kid walks up to your daughter or son, punches him and breaks his nose, or loses a tooth, and you can honestly say you would rather him not be criminally charged?

Oh, and you're probably upset that I used the name that you were intending to use, except I spelled it correctly. :snicker:
what an ass clown you are kid. You missed the point completely,

10-10-2013, 03:35 AM

Congrats..you just created a thug to be

I don't have a problem putting a kid who stole a 50 cent can of soda in a diversionary program. I do have a problem putting a kid in this diversionary program who L&P right before a burglary. That's where the deputy's discretion should come in. Some kids are hungry and steal food. I got no problem putting them in the program, but a bully or batterer needs to go in the criminal justice system.

10-10-2013, 07:05 AM
I like that, because no white children commit crimes. Wayne Treacy was just pretending to be white when he stomped that little girl into brain damage. Dude were not talking race, were talking kids. Please go to the forum at hate.com. I think your message would be better appreciated there.

10-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I would ask the Sheriff to please not take our discretion to make arrests away, but then I would get slammed by Tubbs and Co. for "whining"....

10-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Lee Martin is a fat turd.

10-10-2013, 01:21 PM

Oldlawdog, your example would not fall under civil citation. Civil Citations are for ( 1st time non-violent Misd. ) Just because a Juv. is given a second chance for a simple battery does not mean that if he went out and killed someone later it was because he was given a Civil Citation. 1st time Juv. offenders for a misd. get (0) punishment. So even if he was arrested it would not matter. And again it's only for first time the individual could be charged. After that the Juv. takes the ride. Stop your crying.

10-12-2013, 05:01 AM

Oldlawdog, your example would not fall under civil citation. Civil Citations are for ( 1st time non-violent Misd. ) Just because a Juv. is given a second chance for a simple battery does not mean that if he went out and killed someone later it was because he was given a Civil Citation. 1st time Juv. offenders for a misd. get (0) punishment. So even if he was arrested it would not matter. And again it's only for first time the individual could be charged. After that the Juv. takes the ride. Stop your crying.

http://www.local10.com/news/bso-teenage ... index.html (http://www.local10.com/news/bso-teenager-killed-friend-with-whom-he-had-falling-out/-/1717324/22392132/-/w1xr4d/-/index.html)

10-12-2013, 09:49 AM
[quote="i had":1k7osaiv]I had me a kid at the corner stoe who took a 50cent can of ritz soda and the owner wanted him locked up. I tolds the owner he go yo 50 cent have a good day!
I like that, because no white children commit crimes. Wayne Treacy was just pretending to be white when he stomped that little girl into brain damage. Dude were not talking race, were talking kids. Please go to the forum at hate.com. I think your message would be better appreciated there.[/quote:1k7osaiv]

Wonderful!