PDA

View Full Version : Troop C

09-27-2013, 12:16 AM
Is there still Troop C ? I haven't seen a Trooper on I75 in a very long time like from Tampa up to Gainesville...

09-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Too busy working intersection crashes in all the metro areas to actually patrol the highways. Should either change name to the Florida Intersection Crash Report Service or find a way to crack down on the red light runners.

09-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Sorry but one half of us were doing our stupid, waste of taxpayer money, mandatory yearbook pictures. The other half were 303 due to playing grab ass in a parking lot in 100 degree weather. Normally the grab ass training would have been 6 hours but we love to get treated like misbehaved children and talked down as such, so we made a 10 hour day.

09-27-2013, 01:23 PM
This is a very easy fix. We have statistical data provided every month that shows the counties with the highest calls for service and most traffic crashes worked.

The counties that have the highest calls for service and work the most crashes have the fewest Troopers assigned. For example Hillsborough highest calls for service and traffic crashes has the fewest road Troopers assigned to work the district.

Citrus and Hernando have the fewest calls for service and work the least amount of crashes and have the most road Troopers assigned to work the district.

What do I know I am just a dumb Trooper.

09-27-2013, 07:51 PM
I sort of agree with what you are saying about manpower in certain counties but I don't think its fair to compare the northern counties with Hillsborough. And I'm sure that there aren't more troopers in Citrus and Hernando than there are in Hillsborough. The troopers up there are responsible for three counties and now that Pasco troopers only work the southern half of pasxo county the northern troopers are actually working three and a half counties.

09-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I sort of agree with what you are saying about manpower in certain counties but I don't think its fair to compare the northern counties with Hillsborough. And I'm sure that there aren't more troopers in Citrus and Hernando than there are in Hillsborough. The troopers up there are responsible for three counties and now that Pasco troopers only work the southern half of pasxo county the northern troopers are actually working three and a half counties.

So instead of 3 crashes a week, it's now 10.... The stats for the northern troopers are a joke. You don't work crashes, you don't write tickets, what do you do besides complain about having to work calls in pasco

09-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Ok obviously there is manpower issue then. As a citizen, before you jump all over me, a friend of LEO what can I do or should do? Is this something that needs to be addressed with the Legislature.. I'm not all that familiar with how a State Agency works but would like to do my part if possible to help out. Thanks.

09-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Obviously there aren't going to be high stats in a rural county compared to an urban/metropokitan county. There are going to be as many bad drivers and there aren't going to be as many crashes. But that doesn't mean that the troopers assigned there should be pulled oitand sent somewhere else. The answer to the problem is to get more authorized positions for the busy counties. If you work Hillsborough and ddon't like it transfer to Hernando.

09-29-2013, 12:19 AM
We have unmarked cars here in Troop C. You need to beware of your surroundings.

09-29-2013, 07:21 PM
What exactly does that mean? They still have lights so if they were to be on the Interstate stopping cars we would still see them... I never see any, marked , unmarked whatever

09-29-2013, 11:19 PM
What exactly does that mean? They still have lights so if they were to be on the Interstate stopping cars we would still see them... I never see any, marked , unmarked whatever

You my friend are full of shit. I see them all the time. I see the trooper on motorcycles on 275 almost every morning.