PDA

View Full Version : The Latest

09-25-2013, 06:57 PM
We boys and girls, did you get today's email on how to properly salute? Make sure you do it right. The next memo will be changed for when command staff walks in "Heil Israel", "Heil Pollack", etc :devil:

09-25-2013, 07:24 PM
http://blog.coghillcartooning.com/wp-co ... artoon.gif (http://blog.coghillcartooning.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/military-major-cartoon.gif)

09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
LOL! Para military organization. Which armed service wears hats(cover) indoors. And never salute if you are not wearing a cover.....whatever! Male us look like fools while in uniform not saluting. I'll stick with what I was taught in the military....not what is being preached by a bunch of has nots and less than honorable staffers!

09-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Well I guess there is the right way to do it and the Israel way to do it. I say lets give him the 1 finger salute!

09-25-2013, 11:22 PM
It was good for a chuckle.

09-26-2013, 12:01 AM
LOL! Para military organization. Which armed service wears hats(cover) indoors. And never salute if you are not wearing a cover.....whatever! Male us look like fools while in uniform not saluting. I'll stick with what I was taught in the military....not what is being preached by a bunch of has nots and less than honorable staffers!

You never served in the military. In the military you do not salute if not wearing cover.

09-26-2013, 06:25 AM

You never served in the military. In the military you do not salute if not wearing cover.

You're actually both right and both wrong, probably because you both served in different branches.

For example: the Navy and Marine Corps will never salute if they're uncovered, however the Army will, but only if rendering a salute to a superior officer.

Also, covers are sometimes worn indoors on certain occasions. The most common reason for wearing a cover indoors is if you're standing guard at a post. If you're on "post" you will remain covered even if indoors. I believe this rule is the same among all branches.

09-26-2013, 09:19 AM
You know what I say " who gives a f@ck" I'm not in the military so I'm not going to salute no matter what. This place is a total joke

09-26-2013, 10:15 AM
At what rank do you become too important to send your own emails and hire a Civilian to do it...

09-26-2013, 11:59 AM
You know what I say " who gives a f@ck" I'm not in the military so I'm not going to salute no matter what. This place is a total joke

Hey genius they aren't asking you to salute the. It is probably in reference to an event in the near future where many deputies will feel compelled to salute and they want to make sure we are doing it right. Maybe am event this friday. Maybe being held in ft. Lauderdale. Maybe being held around 11 am. Don't be a jack@zz.

09-26-2013, 01:02 PM

You're actually both right and both wrong, probably because you both served in different branches.

For example: the Navy and Marine Corps will never salute if they're uncovered, however the Army will, but only if rendering a salute to a superior officer.

Also, covers are sometimes worn indoors on certain occasions. The most common reason for wearing a cover indoors is if you're standing guard at a post. If you're on "post" you will remain covered even if indoors. I believe this rule is the same among all branches.

Ding ding ding... we have a winner here... give the man a cigar... 100% correct. Each branch of the military have their own regulation and traditions.

09-26-2013, 01:04 PM

Ding ding ding... we have a winner here... give the man a cigar... 100% correct. Each branch of the military have their own regulation and traditions.

I forgot to add, this poster should get a consulting fee from BSO for a saluting study and report.... Is 10K okay????

09-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Don't discriminate why should a deputy get 10k when Forte got 15k and EX deputy got 24K.......and out of the 10k they'd take out taxes, detail fees, use of car, consulting on the consulting and the Deputy would wind up with a coupon for a free coffee
But we are doing good because we give LOSERS a lot of second chances........close your eyes and you will hear TDOG sign.....

09-26-2013, 08:11 PM
I give a strong salute every time right before flushing the toilet on a nice # 2. Just bidding farewell!

09-28-2013, 12:18 AM
MCO P1020.34F
MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS
CHAPTER 3: UNIFORM ITEMS AND REGULATIONS FOR THEIR WEAR

3004. CAPS/HEADGEAR
1. General

d. Headgear is normally removed indoors. Marines in a duty status and wearing side-arms or a pistol belt will remain covered indoors except when entering a space where a meal is in progress or religious services are being conducted. Headgear will be worn in Government vehicles, and in privately owned vehicles on base, except when doing so would present a hazard to safe driving.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...CH3.htm#UR3004

Marines/Navy salute only when covered.

Army/A.F. salute when uncovered, however saluting indoors is limited only to when reporting (formally) to a superior officer, or for ceremonies.

We are always under arms, but rarely wear a cover anymore. At ceremonies, when rendering honors to the Flag, we should be covered.

09-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Nothing wrong with all being on the same page.