PDA

View Full Version : Underglow laws in alachua and UF

09-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone can tell me or tell me where i can find the law for underglow or lighting on vehicles.

i want to add led light pods in my wheel wells and i need to know what colors i can get if any and what would happen if i were to get pulled over with them?

i'd like to have blue because i really like the blue

I've found 316.2397
(1)?No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.

(2)?It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections or any county correctional agency may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies.

but the lights will not be visible in front of the vehicle and they will not be displayed, the only thing visible will be the glow on the ground around the tires.

anyone have any experience with similar situations?