Johnny McCray
T-Dog
Roger stone
William Rubin
Todd Wilder
Barbara Sharief
Ken Jenne
Ricardo Tubbs
Scott Rothstein (sorry I supported Al in the second election)
A. Castillo
Mrs. A Castillo
All other payback employees.

09-24-2013, 08:49 PM
We the undersigned want to keep Scott Israel Sheriff

Jorge Forte
Shervin Jones
Karen McCray
Johnny McCray
T-Dog
Roger stone
William Rubin
Todd Wilder
Barbara Sharief
Ken Jenne
Ricardo Tubbs
A. Castillo
Mrs. A Castillo

Don't forget,,,

Diperna
Goldberg
Elgin Jones

09-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Three of SI's ridiculous statements that turned out to be lies

1. "the good ol boy days are over"
2. "I've put together an all star team"
3. "you deserve the best insurance"

Any others worth noting?

09-24-2013, 09:59 PM
We the undersigned want to keep Scott Israel Sheriff

Jorge Forte
Shervin Jones
Karen McCrayg
Johnny McCray
T-Dog
Roger stone
William Rubin
Todd Wilder
Barbara Sharief
Ken Jenne
Ricardo Tubbs
A. Castillo
Mrs. A Castillo
You forgot, the voters of Broward County.

09-25-2013, 02:27 AM

Any others worth noting?

4. "open door policy" --- Inauguration
5. "no more fear and intimidation" ----Also Inauguration
6. "Outer load bearing vests are coming soon." ---2nd friday email sent

09-25-2013, 02:30 AM
How have you been intimidated? Don't speak for the 28, speak if your personal experience. Inquiring minds are dying to hear this one.

09-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Disciplined deputy hired as Broward sheriff's consultant

BROWARD SHERIFF'S OFFICE. SCROLL DOWN TO SEE SOME OF KAREN MCCRAY'S RECOMMENDED CHANGES OR ADDITIONS TO BSO POLICIES

McCray's recommendations

ADVERTISEMENT
Related Content
BSO budget cuts rankle rank-and-file
Sheriff says he won't pull ambulance from Alligator Alley after all
By Brittany Wallman, Sun Sentinel
11:23 pm, September 21, 2013
A jail deputy with a history of discipline for violating policies is being paid $4,000 a month by the Broward County Sheriff's Office to review the agency's policies and recommend changes.

Karen McCray retired from BSO in April after 27 years with the agency. She transitioned from retirement to consultant in April with a one-year contract.

While an employee, she was investigated by the Internal Affairs Department 17 times, reprimanded five times, suspended three times and fired once, though she won her job back. The allegations included absenteeism, unbecoming conduct, insubordination and untruthfulness.

Sheriff Scott Israel is paying her $1,000 a week to spend 15 hours poring over policies and recommending changes. He said her consulting job will be cut short, though, due to lack of money. It will end this month, and she'll have made $24,000.

Israel said he was aware of her history but felt her institutional knowledge and willingness to speak her mind were valuable.

"I'm a humble person,'' Israel said. "I believe in second chances.''

McCray said she has immense knowledge of the agency and good insights to offer, including those drawn from her own troubles within the agency.

"My years of experience, the areas I worked within this department, some of the problems and experiences I had with the department — I thought I make an excellent consultant,'' she said.

McCray's Internal Affairs record shows a growing disciplinary file, starting in 1991, when she was counseled for absenteeism and then for unbecoming conduct.

According to BSO records:

• McCray was reprimanded in 1994 in four separate cases for insubordination, not meeting office standards, being absent without leave, and violating rules about conduct standards and promptness.

• In 1995, she was suspended five days without pay for absenteeism, then lost another day of paid work for another promptness violation.

• In 1997, she was suspended three days when the agency found probable cause to believe she had not been truthful and hadn't met BSO standards, according to the Internal Affairs files.

• In 2005, she was fired for official misconduct, not being truthful and violating rules of discretion. She won her job back. An arbitrator recommended a month's suspension without pay. The state Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission dismissed the case.

McCray said she was accused of lying during BSO's investigation of her and other employees' handling of an inmate who was left behind at the jail and hid in a stairwell.

• In 2009, she was reprimanded for not being truthful and for unbecoming conduct.

Over the years she was also investigated — but cleared — for eight other alleged violations, including rules regarding the "treatment of persons in custody."

She said much of her trouble stemmed from a "nasty divorce'' and subsequent difficulties getting her daughter to day care while still making it to work on time from Miami-Dade County.

Israel summed up her disciplinary problems as being mostly about tardiness and noted that even though she was fired, she was returned to the job.

He drew a parallel to Ray Lewis — an NFL linebacker who was charged with murder but ultimately cleared— who he said was "larger than life'' as a leader.

Likewise, McCray's name came up continually as a leader when he spoke to employees in BSO's detention wing, Israel said. He said it was her attitude and willingness to "[stand] up for what she believes in'' that made her superiors quick to write her up over the years.

Israel said it was his idea to offer the consulting job to McCray, wife of prominent attorney Johnny McCray and a campaign supporter. The two had spoken before; McCray embraced his first sheriff's candidacy in 2008, attending debates and events, she said. McCray said she connected with Israel's promises to increase diversity in the top ranks at BSO.

The sheriff's spending and hiring have been in the spotlight since his Jan. 8 swearing-in. Israel said he does regret giving a consulting contract to lobbyist Jorge Forte, a campaign supporter of his who was paid $15,000 for a report the agency said was sub-par. Forte was charged in a federal public corruption case in Miami-Dade County in August.

Invoices submitted to BSO by McCray show she spent hours reading the agency's policies. In her June invoice, for example, she billed BSO for 65.5 hours of policy reading.

Though her recommendations have not been adopted, the agency is still undergoing a review of all policies, officials said.

Among her suggestions: that during traffic stops, deputies take down a driver's race or ethnicity, note whether a search was conducted, whether it was consensual, and whether an arrest was made. She suggests BSO track that data to determine whether the agency has a problem with racial profiling.

She also recommends greater responsibility for deputies to report allegations of bias-based profiling.

McCray made just one recommendation related to sick leave: That employees be allowed five consecutive sick days before being required to fill out a form and be medically cleared to return to work. Currently, the threshold is three days.

bwallman@tribune.com or 954-356-4541

09-25-2013, 03:39 AM
How have you been intimidated? Don't speak for the 28, speak if your personal experience. Inquiring minds are dying to hear this one.

You don't want inquiring minds.......you don't want the truth, you can't handle the truth.

09-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Ok...."everybody deserves a second chance" said SSI so while Karen and Johnny McCray owe about $24,000 in back taxes for Homestead fraud, former Deputy McCray gets a BSO contract that amounts to.....$24,000.......wow. It's like the taxpayers made up their fraud out of their own pockets. You couldn't make this up if you were writing a novel.
Boy, Diogenes would have a rough time around SSI's friends.
Tubbs, you do know who Diogenes was don't you?

09-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Ok...."everybody deserves a second chance" said SSI so while Karen and Johnny McCray owe about $24,000 in back taxes for Homestead fraud, former Deputy McCray gets a BSO contract that amounts to.....$24,000.......wow. It's like the taxpayers made up their fraud out of their own pockets. You couldn't make this up if you were writing a novel.
Boy, Diogenes would have a rough time around SSI's friends.
Tubbs, you do know who Diogenes was don't you?

You wanna know what that's called????? Money laundering. Dirty money going out, clean money coming in. Come on Tubsy, look at the evidence. They owe 24k in back taxes, Johnny is a campaign supporter, the job she consulted in paid 24k. Seems a little fishy to me Remember if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it probably is a duck

09-26-2013, 12:18 PM
REPOST
I would post the number for the FBI Public Corruption Unit in Dade County but, we all know you won't call because you're talking out of your azz. If you have evidence of "money laundering" as you put it, you should immediately call and report this criminal activity. We will all be waiting for the report of this investigation that was started by you. Don't talk a big game, live a big game.

09-26-2013, 12:57 PM
REPOST
I would post the number for the FBI Public Corruption Unit in Dade County but, we all know you won't call because you're talking out of your azz. If you have evidence of "money laundering" as you put it, you should immediately call and report this criminal activity. We will all be waiting for the report of this investigation that was started by you. Don't talk a big game, live a big game.

Stop it Tubby... You are embarrassing yourself and this agency. Such a tool.. you just say the same sh*t over and over.

09-26-2013, 11:30 PM

AGAIN with the 28. Wow, that's old already. I am here. I am employed by BSO. I am collecting a check. Yes, I am disappointed!

07-09-2014, 02:35 PM

Any others worth noting?

4. "open door policy" --- Inauguration
5. "no more fear and intimidation" ----Also Inauguration
6. "Outer load bearing vests are coming soon." ---2nd friday email sent

Dont forget #7
I DO NOT HIRE POLITICAL PEOPLE. ONLY THOSE WITH CREDENTIALS FOR THE JOB. LOL :lol:

07-10-2014, 01:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Petition to keep Sheriff Israel
Postby James T Lamberti » 07/09/14 15:44:56

James T Lamberti wrote:

Wow of all of the names you could choose, you got stuck picking mine. I guess you lack imagination. Hey imposter. You really are the biggest loser. My name is a huge dig at Al Lamberti and you dummies still use it to blast Israel. Hahaha.

James T Lamberti

Sorry I forgot some, poser.
T-Dog
A. Castillo
Elgin Jone

And I have a huge dig and it's for Lamo. #HotForTeacher. Hahaha. Dumb azz. The real James T Lamberti.