PDA

View Full Version : Vote of No Confidence

09-24-2013, 01:25 AM
The last seven months have been the worst in our history as the BSO. Without citing our horrible Sheriff's misdeeds, lack of leadership, bad decision making, criminalfriends, constant lies, screwing over people it is time to pursue a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE!! We cannot take three more tears of this worst Sheriff in history. Spread the word and let's make sure the PBA does what we as dues paying members want done.

09-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Totally AGREE!!! Enough said.

09-24-2013, 01:48 AM
I vote that you quit or retire. The Sheriff is not the problem, negative misereable employees like you are why this place sucks. We dump you guys or gals and we can move on. I vote that you go to work, do your job, go home and take care of your family. Deal with it, he was elected and is doing his job he was elected to perform. Maybe we should start a petition of a no confidence for the misereable slugs within the ranks who were not elected and don't do there jobs daily. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut, you might be on that list.

09-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Put it out to vote....that liberal has embarrassed the agency

09-24-2013, 02:40 AM
I vote that you quit or retire. The Sheriff is not the problem, negative misereable employees like you are why this place sucks. We dump you guys or gals and we can move on. I vote that you go to work, do your job, go home and take care of your family. Deal with it, he was elected and is doing his job he was elected to perform. Maybe we should start a petition of a no confidence for the misereable slugs within the ranks who were not elected and don't do there jobs daily. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut, you might be on that list.

Boy, aren't you one dumb blind *******!

09-24-2013, 03:33 AM
Why not? It really worked in 2010 when they filed a vote of confidence in Lamberti. Go for it. Good luck.
May 11, 2010|By James H. Burnett III, The Miami Herald
The largest union representing Broward Sheriff's Office workers issued a vote of no confidence in Sheriff Al Lamberti on Monday night.

The Sheriff's Office's unit of the Federation of Public Employees acted after Lamberti's recent announcement that members of the union would bear the brunt of proposed job cuts to balance his budget.

Ads By Google
We Buy Timeshares
No pressure or hidden fees to sell. A+ with the BBB. Licensed agents.
GiveBackTimeshare.com/BuyProgram
Online Checking Account
Find more sources/options for what you are looking for
www.webcrawler.com (http://www.webcrawler.com)

Broward County commissioners earlier this year ordered Lamberti to trim 14 percent — or approximately $60 million — from the Sheriff's Office's $706 million budget for the 2010-11 fiscal year.

"We have lost confidence in Sheriff Lamberti and his ability to work with us in good faith," Sheriff's Sgt. Tony Marciano said Monday evening. "All trust has been broken, we feel, and Sheriff Lamberti's office has demonstrated to us that we simply don't mean as much to him as other employees."

Lamberti e-mailed employees saying that 124 layoffs, and the elimination of 62 vacant positions, could be accompanied by another 250 demotions, as certain positions — particularly in the detention or jail division — are reclassified to lower pay and skill grades.

The union represents about 2,500 members in the Sheriff's Office. The vote was 263-3. An online vote ballot was planned later Monday evening so other union members not in attendance could weigh in.

Lamberti said late Monday that while the no-confidence vote was disappointing, he believes it represents the feelings of union leadership only, not the rank and file.

"Because I talk to people who work in the jails, and they don't have that opinion," Lamberti said. "They understand the tough decisions, and I feel very good about them supporting me."

Marciano said the union is concerned that a disproportionate number of employees facing layoffs are black.

"No matter how you look at it, whether intentional or not, the sheriff's decision to target detention officers disparately hits minority officers hard. And unless the sheriff can show necessity, that's a potential civil rights violation," Marciano said.

County Commissioner Albert C. Jones, whose 9th District includes largely black communities, expressed concern Monday that with such a large percentage of job cuts proposed among jail guards, African-American deputies will be laid off disproportionately.

"In these difficult economic times, I feel for anyone facing job loss — black, white, Asian, what have you," Jones said. "My concern is raised when any group is represented out of proportion when job reduction is the issue. I think we need to make sure there aren't other ways to trim the budget and salvage some of these jobs."

Lamberti dismissed the racial concern, pointing out that the union supported a Sheriff's Office policy of "last hired, first fired."

Many of the Sheriff's Office's newer employees are detention officers and many detention officers are black.

The sheriff still has the support of the Police Benevolent Association, which represents deputies in the Sheriff's Office's law enforcement division.

Ads By Google
Public Arrest Records
See anyone's past criminal history. Unlimited Searches
ArrestRecords.InstantCheckmate.com

The PBA generally represents sworn law enforcement officers serving in that capacity. The Federation of Public Employees represents detention officers and others who may be sworn, but not serving in a law enforcement capacity.

Federation union leaders speculate that support comes at the price of job security and pay increases PBA members were guaranteed in last year's budget negotiations.

Lamberti said he has to make "painful but necessary" job reductions in keeping with the budgetary demands of his bosses.

"I don't want to lay off anybody, black or white, male or female," he said. "But the county has asked us for a 14 percent reduction." The jail is 60 percent of the sheriff's budget, he said.

"When I started here 30 years ago, I worked in the jail. It was 40 percent of the budget and law enforcement was 60 percent. Now it's just the opposite."

09-24-2013, 10:35 AM
tubby we need you on the other thread. hurry get over there and make it all better

09-24-2013, 01:37 PM

Boy, aren't you one dumb blind *******!

Did that hurt your feelings, that sounded like you took that personal. You need a hug little fella ?

09-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Why not? It really worked in 2010 when they filed a vote of confidence in Lamberti. Go for it. Good luck.
May 11, 2010|By James H. Burnett III, The Miami Herald
The largest union representing Broward Sheriff's Office workers issued a vote of no confidence in Sheriff Al Lamberti on Monday night.

The Sheriff's Office's unit of the Federation of Public Employees acted after Lamberti's recent announcement that members of the union would bear the brunt of proposed job cuts to balance his budget.

Ads By Google
We Buy Timeshares
No pressure or hidden fees to sell. A+ with the BBB. Licensed agents.
GiveBackTimeshare.com/BuyProgram
Online Checking Account
Find more sources/options for what you are looking for
http://www.webcrawler.com

Broward County commissioners earlier this year ordered Lamberti to trim 14 percent — or approximately $60 million — from the Sheriff's Office's $706 million budget for the 2010-11 fiscal year.

"We have lost confidence in Sheriff Lamberti and his ability to work with us in good faith," Sheriff's Sgt. Tony Marciano said Monday evening. "All trust has been broken, we feel, and Sheriff Lamberti's office has demonstrated to us that we simply don't mean as much to him as other employees."

Lamberti e-mailed employees saying that 124 layoffs, and the elimination of 62 vacant positions, could be accompanied by another 250 demotions, as certain positions — particularly in the detention or jail division — are reclassified to lower pay and skill grades.

The union represents about 2,500 members in the Sheriff's Office. The vote was 263-3. An online vote ballot was planned later Monday evening so other union members not in attendance could weigh in.

Lamberti said late Monday that while the no-confidence vote was disappointing, he believes it represents the feelings of union leadership only, not the rank and file.

"Because I talk to people who work in the jails, and they don't have that opinion," Lamberti said. "They understand the tough decisions, and I feel very good about them supporting me."

Marciano said the union is concerned that a disproportionate number of employees facing layoffs are black.

"No matter how you look at it, whether intentional or not, the sheriff's decision to target detention officers disparately hits minority officers hard. And unless the sheriff can show necessity, that's a potential civil rights violation," Marciano said.

County Commissioner Albert C. Jones, whose 9th District includes largely black communities, expressed concern Monday that with such a large percentage of job cuts proposed among jail guards, African-American deputies will be laid off disproportionately.

"In these difficult economic times, I feel for anyone facing job loss — black, white, Asian, what have you," Jones said. "My concern is raised when any group is represented out of proportion when job reduction is the issue. I think we need to make sure there aren't other ways to trim the budget and salvage some of these jobs."

Lamberti dismissed the racial concern, pointing out that the union supported a Sheriff's Office policy of "last hired, first fired."

Many of the Sheriff's Office's newer employees are detention officers and many detention officers are black.

The sheriff still has the support of the Police Benevolent Association, which represents deputies in the Sheriff's Office's law enforcement division.

Ads By Google
Public Arrest Records
See anyone's past criminal history. Unlimited Searches
ArrestRecords.InstantCheckmate.com

The PBA generally represents sworn law enforcement officers serving in that capacity. The Federation of Public Employees represents detention officers and others who may be sworn, but not serving in a law enforcement capacity.

Federation union leaders speculate that support comes at the price of job security and pay increases PBA members were guaranteed in last year's budget negotiations.

Lamberti said he has to make "painful but necessary" job reductions in keeping with the budgetary demands of his bosses.

"I don't want to lay off anybody, black or white, male or female," he said. "But the county has asked us for a 14 percent reduction." The jail is 60 percent of the sheriff's budget, he said.

"When I started here 30 years ago, I worked in the jail. It was 40 percent of the budget and law enforcement was 60 percent. Now it's just the opposite."

Thank you for posting the truth! By the way, since you always mention me, I own you...you are my biatch!

09-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Hey we could have a two for one sale get rid of Israel and out the door with all his cronies Russ what will u do

09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Please hurry and compile your signatures for the Vote of No Confidence. Heck since it caries of real weight, I'll even sign it. The Vote just officially let's the Sheriff know that the union has no faith in him, period. It doesn't get him removed from office, or fined or even forced to skip desert. It didn't matter in 2010 and it won't matter tomorrow or whenever you decide to waste your time and organize it. Hey good luck and I'm sure Israel will lose at least 3 or 4 minutes of sleep worrying about your vote of no confidence. Hahahaha

09-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Please hurry and compile your signatures for the Vote of No Confidence. Heck since it caries of real weight, I'll even sign it. The Vote just officially let's the Sheriff know that the union has no faith in him, period. It doesn't get him removed from office, or fined or even forced to skip desert. It didn't matter in 2010 and it won't matter tomorrow or whenever you decide to waste your time and organize it. Hey good luck and I'm sure Israel will lose at least 3 or 4 minutes of sleep worrying about your vote of no confidence. Hahahaha

The public will see..that's all we want...for them to see we are not happy and have no confidence in his leadership and decision

09-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Yep. Just like in 2010. They saw it in 2010 and it was forgotten by 2012. What 17 employees will you get to sign this thing? I think you need to put a survey out in the districts. Only friends of the infamous 28 are unhappy. And that only brings your numbers up to 33

09-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Yep. Just like in 2010. They saw it in 2010 and it was forgotten by 2012. What 17 employees will you get to sign this thing? I think you need to put a survey out in the districts. Only friends of the infamous 28 are unhappy. And that only brings your numbers up to 33

Lol same strategy as Obama..."those dumb voters will forget about all that bad stuff at election time"...

09-24-2013, 08:44 PM
I didn't write that but, that wasn't even brought up during the 2012 election. Lamberti still lost the election to a man you bash everyday. Hey. Read this. Scott Israel is the Sheriff of Broward County

09-24-2013, 08:47 PM

You are such a tool!!! Dumbass.....how was it forgotten about in 2012 if the voters voted him out of office? It was in very large part because of the DOD's work and vote of no confidence. You use so much doubletalk you can't even understand when you are making an opposing viewpoint, douchebag!!!

09-24-2013, 08:56 PM
No you are clueless enough to believe that a vote of No Confidence signed by DOD was the reason Lamberti lost the election. We (DLE) had nothing to do with the vote and we definitely helped unseat your dumb azz ex boss.

09-25-2013, 10:02 AM
No you are clueless enough to believe that a vote of No Confidence signed by DOD was the reason Lamberti lost the election. We (DLE) had nothing to do with the vote and we definitely helped unseat your dumb azz ex boss.

This is why it is so hard to get anything threw your thick head. I never said it was "the reason" I said, and please, for clarity, go back and re-read, it was a large part because of DOD's work and vote of no confidence. Damn you are such a tool. Nobody said the road didn't have anything to do with it, and nobody said it was only the vote of no confidence. If you want to debate semantics, you need a certain level of reading comprehension. But, alas, that is not your desire at all. You are a LIBERAL, which, debate is not what you partake in. Your game is twist truths, distort issues and when all else fails, blame someone else.

09-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Nope. Sounds like your thing. I'm just proud to support a man that unseated a complete turd. No matter what excuse you find on why HE lost, the fact remains...Scott Israel Is The Sheriff Of Broward County. But, he hired friends. Still the Sheriff. But, he invited KJ into the building. Still the Sheriff. But, people he knows got arrested. Still the Sheriff. Were mad that he beat Lamberti so were going to sign a vote of no confidence. Still the Sheriff. You may begin crying into your pillow now and he'll still be the Sheriff. I know reality hurts.

09-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Where do I sign?

09-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I don't understand why you guys are suprised by the decision Isreal has made. Look at the people he associated with prior to being elected; Goldberg, Diperna, McCray, Hicks, and the list go on and on. The guy wasn't ready to run an agency the size of BSO and now most people realized his incompentence. Yes, he made promises and said what you all wanted to hear. But I ask you, how many of those promise has he delivered? Some of you, his inner circle, will answer that by saying he has made a few mistakes, and ask that we give him more time. Well, we don't have a choice because he has at least 3 more years. I leave you with this, we all should learn from this. When the next election rolls around we MUST vote for someone who has the credentials. Let's look at what the canidate has done, not what he/she promise us. In the mean time, we have to stick together (DLE, DOD, and Fire Rescue) because all we have is each other.

Stay safe!

09-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Nope. Sounds like your thing. I'm just proud to support a man that unseated a complete turd. No matter what excuse you find on why HE lost, the fact remains...Scott Israel Is The Sheriff Of Broward County. But, he hired friends. Still the Sheriff. But, he invited KJ into the building. Still the Sheriff. But, people he knows got arrested. Still the Sheriff. Were mad that he beat Lamberti so were going to sign a vote of no confidence. Still the Sheriff. You may begin crying into your pillow now and he'll still be the Sheriff. I know reality hurts.

No dipshit.....were not made because he beat Lamberti, most of us thought he was a moron. we're mad because he has shown himself to be a horrible sheriff. Yes, for now, he is the sheriff, but that doesn't negate the fact that he has been found to be horrible, a fraud, and a political hack since being sworn in. So, you can keep touting how he is still the sheriff, but you can't argue the fact that he has been horrible.

You, dumbazz....keep faulting the messanger because you can't fault the message. The Johnny McCray story is not an isolated issue, but it is the most obvious of using the political office to filter moneys back to those who supported and helped him get elected. From the Castillos to the Fortes to the Stones, to the McCrays, he has shown himself to be for sale over and over again. And your the moron that keeps blindly backing him in spite of it all because you refuse to admit you were wrong about your savior.

09-25-2013, 02:15 PM
The two most amazing things are:
1. How many wake up call art needed for the Sheriff to realize how his actions are causing untold damage to the perception of BSO to the employees and the public.
2. Tubbs unyielding loyalty that makes him the most blind, ignorant individual who can never answer a straight question without "Lamberti did...." Tubbs you, your sheriff, and your philosophies are equally pitiful and unacceptable to the GOOD people of BSO

09-25-2013, 02:29 PM
I would post the number for the FBI Public Corruption Unit in Dade County but, we all know you won't call because you're talking out of your azz. If you have evidence of "money laundering" as you put it, you should immediately call and report this criminal activity. We will all be waiting for the report of this investigation that was started by you. Don't talk a big game, live a big game.

09-25-2013, 07:05 PM
The two most amazing things are:
1. How many wake up call art needed for the Sheriff to realize how his actions are causing untold damage to the perception of BSO to the employees and the public.
2. Tubbs unyielding loyalty that makes him the most blind, ignorant individual who can never answer a straight question without "Lamberti did...." Tubbs you, your sheriff, and your philosophies are equally pitiful and unacceptable to the GOOD people of BSO
Can you defer this public complaining and hate speech until the black badge bands come off? Just asking

09-26-2013, 07:58 PM
I didn't write that but, that wasn't even brought up during the 2012 election. Lamberti still lost the election to a man you bash everyday. Hey. Read this. Scott Israel is the Sheriff of Broward County

Tubby, have you ever made a comment on LEOAffairs tht didn't either mention Lamberti or his tenure in office? Can you address an issue with Scott without trying to deflect his shortcomings with illustrations of the shortcomings of the previous administration? Try to keep on task...we are taking about what's wrong with the current sheriff. We already know what was wrong with the last one!

09-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Again if you have evidence of criminal activity, call the FBI Public Corruption Task Force. This is hardly the venue to "expose" criminal activity. Since you refuse to call the FBI. I am forced to believe you don't really have any information. It's time to put up or keep screaming that the sky is falling.

09-27-2013, 01:19 AM
This not about criminal but competency. He is just not right for the job. He got elected because no one wanted the other guy.

09-27-2013, 07:05 AM
I believe in Sheriff Israel. He deserves more time to prove himself a worthy leader. Remember he only is in office less than a year. He deserves more time. He inherited a mess!

09-27-2013, 07:17 AM
Agreed! Amen.

09-27-2013, 10:50 AM
I believe in Sheriff Israel. He deserves more time to prove himself a worthy leader. Remember he only is in office less than a year. He deserves more time. He inherited a mess!

Exactly what "mess" was he left that he couldn't take positive steps to correct by now? The budget?.... New cars?.....outer Vests?.......hiring "consultants".......Jenne? ....

09-27-2013, 05:35 PM

Exactly what "mess" was he left that he couldn't take positive steps to correct by now? The budget?.... New cars?.....outer Vests?.......hiring "consultants".......Jenne? ....
Let's see... The budget got approved. Outer vest covers were approved. Jenne came into the building once. Every Sheriff hires consultants. Heck, the last guy had a consultant that had a BSO car and cell phone in Georgia. Cars were in bad shape prior to January 08, if you think the entire fleet went bad overnight you are dumb. Last guy didn't care about uniforms or outer vests or vehicles or raises or insurance, only getting re elected. Keep trying

09-27-2013, 05:48 PM
you tell 'em Tubbs. All inherited; even the corrupt ones still left over from last admin.

09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
[.[/quote]
Let's see... The budget got approved. Outer vest covers were approved. Jenne came into the building once. Every Sheriff hires consultants. Heck, the last guy had a consultant that had a BSO car and cell phone in Georgia. Cars were in bad shape prior to January 08, if you think the entire fleet went bad overnight you are dumb. Last guy didn't care about uniforms or outer vests or vehicles or raises or insurance, only getting re elected. Keep trying[/quote]

So true.

09-29-2013, 06:35 PM
We vote to keep what we have.

10-08-2013, 01:37 AM
We vote to keep what we have.

Me too. WITH CONFIDENCE.. :snicker: