PDA

View Full Version : Follow this !

09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Hey its gonna get super sticky and Highlands and the Lt is gonna get some good PR work.

City may sue pension board

Published: September 22, 2013

AVON PARK - Avon Park City Manager Julian Deleon believes the time to wait is over in his recommendation to file a lawsuit in connection with his public records request of police pension plan officials.

In a Sept. 18 letter to the City Council, Deleon said it has been more than seven weeks since a public records request was initiated from police pension board administrator Carol Knapp and board chairman Greg Warner.

"The administrator and chairman have not complied and released all records as we have uncovered controversial communication, which came from the city of Bartow," he said.

Based on the limited review of Bartow records, staff has uncovered emails that appear to outline that Knapp and Warner communicated with the law firm of Klausner and Levinson over adverse legal action against the Avon Park police pension board and the city, Deleon said.

Deleon said staff is recommending the removal of Warner as the Council-appointed trustee to the police pension board.

Also, staff recommends the authorization of litigation for violation of Florida Statute 119 in releasing public records by Knapp and Warner.

"Under Florida's Public Records Law, we have the right to file a lawsuit to compel timely production of nonexempt public records, which would include any public records that Knapp or Bubba [Warner] may not have produced," Deleon said.

Councilman Parke Sutherland said he agrees with Deleon that Knapp and Warner have had an adequate amount of time to produce the records that were requested.

At the same time, Sutherland said he doesn't want it to appear as if the City Council is trying to undermine Warner's political effort since he is running for mayor.

"But, Greg Warner sits as an appointee to the pension board that was appointed by our City Council," Sutherland said.

The copies of emails that he has seen indicates that Warner has received copies of Knapp's emails that discuss pension plan closure and termination.

A pension plan termination would require an immediate $20 million payout by the city, which would be "catastrophic," he said.

"I see this as probably one of the most important issues, if not the most important issue, to come before this city since I have been sitting on this council," he said.

Sutherland has been on the City Council since Jan. 1, 2011.

The police pension records issue is on the agenda for Monday's city Council meeting.

mvalero@highlandstoday.com

(863) 386-5826

09-26-2013, 01:55 AM
AP council removes Warner from pension board

Marc Valero | Highlands Today Published: September 25, 2013 AVON PARK - Following

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

City Manager Julian Deleon's recommendation, the city council has removed Greg Warner from the police pension board and the city will take legal action regarding its records request of the board. City Manager Julian Deleon said it has been more than seven weeks and Police Pension Plan Administrator Carol Knapp has provided only one month's worth of records. "We have come across some controversial communication from the City of Bartow where I also did a records request," he said. It was evident that Knapp and Pension Plan Chairperson Greg Warner were exploring the possibility of closing or possibly terminating the police pension system. After a review of more than 7,000 pages of documents, none of the documents show that the other four police pension board trustees had any knowledge of the communications among Warner, former police chief Mike Rowan and Lakeland attorney Robert Grizzard, who is part of four separate lawsuits against the city. Deleon called for the city council to remove Warner from the pension board and authorize litigation due to inadequate response by Knapp and Warner to the public records request. "Also, I want to make you aware that Councilman [Garrett] Anderson had been getting blind copies to his G-mail accounts over city matters," he said. Deleon added that Councilman Parke Sutherland, the council liaison to the pension board, is being kept in the dark. The trustees are being kept in the dark and all these "adverse activities" against the city's taxpayers are happening in the background. Anderson said every communication he received was sent to other people and they were turned in (in the records request). "There were no laws broken," he said. "There was nothing wrong with what I did in an official capacity." Also, staff and council are planning on having a meeting on this issue with the attorneys and Warner so why is this being brought up now when they are not here to defend themselves? Anderson asked. Only one side of the story has been heard and a meeting will be coming up. Deleon said he has received a copy of an email from Warner that states he does not plan on attending any joint meeting of the council and the police pension board and he is the primary person who would have to answer questions on the issue. Concerning the city's records request, Sutherland said there has been no meaningful response from Knapp. City Attorney Gerald Buhr said a reasonable amount of time has passed. City Labor Attorney Brian Koji said if the police pension plan were to be terminated it would likely cost the city at least $10 million. Mayor Sharon Schuler said, "That would destroy the city." Sutherland made a motion to send a letter to the pension plan officials requesting a response to the public records request by Oct. 11 and advising that failure to comply would prompt a lawsuit from the city. Council approved the motion by a 4-1 vote with Anderson voting "no." Concerning Warner, Deleon said he is the only trustee on the police pension board who is "in the know relative to all these adverse activities against the city. The staff recommendation is for you to remove him from the board." Sutherland said there is evidence in the emails, known to only one pension board member, that are not in the best interest of the citizens of the city. Councilman Terry Heston said that was his biggest concern, also. Deputy Mayor Brenda Giles said it doesn't appear that Warner's conduct has been in the best interest of the city. Anderson said, "We desperately need to hear from him ... ." Giles said, "but, he won't come." Heston made a motion to remove Warner from the police pension board. Giles seconded the motion. The motion carried by a 3-1 vote with Anderson voting "no" and Schuler abstaining because Warner is opposing her in her bid for reelection as mayor. mvalero@highlandstoday.com 863-386-5826

09-29-2013, 02:21 PM
When I posted last there was only 50 hits on LEO. how many hits are there now? I just made you look again. Does this have your attention? The fat man is getting calls from Highlands nonstop about all the butt banging the Lt did up there. You ain't no Assistant Chief so I will strip those bars right off your chest. I wonder if Gutless has had a candid discussion with the Fish Camp manager and commissioner about all the booty you dincked up there? If not the fat man will need to go live at 5.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

10-01-2013, 03:14 AM
I did a little looking and poking and found some heated stuff quick. Me thinks Lt is a fighter, but his battles in Highlands will bring a bunch of heat on this agency if he loses his balls in Highlands Circuit Court. Me hopes that he wins and he says "told you so" because if not we will deal with more reasons for elected puppets to screw with the pd.

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

10-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Nothing new coming from Highlands County. Word is that someone from Clew is running for sheriff and getting the old signs recycled and ready.

10-05-2013, 08:54 PM
This is what happens with negligent retention.

published: Friday, October 04, 2013

Former deputy and his wife arrested on drug charges

LAKE PLACID -- A former Highlands County Sheriff's Office deputy and his wife were arrested Thursday and charged with arson which is a first-degree felony, producing marijuana, owning a structure where drugs are manufactured, and possession of marijuana over 20 grams all of which are third-degree felonies.

The warrant stems from a July 17 house fire that occurred at the Obregon's home, 3335 Northern Blvd. in Lake Placid. During the fire investigation by the State Fire Marshal's Office, an insurance investigator and HCSO detectives, items -- such as lighting and electrical products that are typically associated with an indoor marijuana grow operation -- were found.

There appeared to be marijuana plants in the residence that had been shielded from the fire by topsoil. The root systems were submitted to the University of Florida for examination. Tests on these samples confirmed they were cannabis sativa, commonly referred to as marijuana.

Hiram Obregon was hired by the Avon Park Police Department as a police officer on Oct. 3, 2011. With the Avon Park contract for services with the Highlands County Sheriff's Office, Obregon was hired as a deputy on Oct. 3, 2012. During his new hire probationary period, Obregon was found to be in violation of Sheriff's Office general orders regarding the operation of his Sheriff's Office vehicle, driving at excessive speeds on numerous occasions without regard to adverse road conditions. During an internal investigation following a complaint of erratic driving and review of the in-car camera system, the allegations were sustained and Obregon was terminated from the Highlands County Sheriff's Office on July 3, 2013.

Hiram and Lissette Obregon were booked into the Highlands County Jail with no bond.

??? (by: D.J. Steward - 10/4/2013)

It is a shame that drugs and money will do this to someone. The fact that he is a law enforcement officer is even worse.
I don't think you can blame the Sheriff's office because I am sure he had to pass drug testing and background checks, so obviously he didn't have anything there before.
Very sad.

Up In SMOKE (as usual) (by: Sorry don't want to get pulled over by a bad cop. - 10/4/2013)

This is unfortunate and becoming more and more apparent that some law officers are NO BETTER that the criminals around these parts. Things like this need to be kept from the public, we already don't feel safe with the current Regime. The fact that he was rooted out (no pun intended on the roots getting him caught) from the Sheriffs Office dose not help when he got through the hiring process and was sworn in. I't makes all the hard working, honest, dedicated and professional officers look bad as well.

I just got an idea Honey (by: Stoned to tha bone - 10/4/2013)

On July 3, a former deputy was terminated and less than two weeks later his house catches on fire? Home insurance including contents can pay double actual worth if your not stupid enough to leave a joint in the ash tray.

what a tool (by: tax payer - 10/4/2013)

Who allowed this guy to a be a cop in the first place? Good ole avon park pd surely trained this guy well.

APPD (by: You know it - 10/4/2013)

Another dirty cop hired by former Chief Rogue

Perfect (by: Blindman~ - 10/4/2013)

So Avon Park saves money by shifting most law enforcement duties to the County Sheriff and she weeds out a bad guy.

10-06-2013, 08:30 AM
The former Deputy that was 10-15 has nothing to do with CPD. Why are certain people trying to stir $hit? According to my calculations from their news sites, the Lt. You guys are talking about also had nothing to do with the hiring of the former Deputy. Give it a rest.

10-07-2013, 02:15 AM
The fat man is on it, and will keep the troops all informed. The fish camp manager is also tracing and tracking that booty. How do you like that fresh shit sandwich right out of whitten's ass?

10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Just detected this from the locals up there. The word is dat Mike is hanging signs for the waldress with wiskers. There could be vacancy soon if fat ass gets in and hires skinny ass to come run AP. with his own lawsuit in play then how would that work. This might be good for morale at clewiston as the fat man sayz that officers have no rights up there, and skinny ass is everything including the lawyer, jury, judge and excutioner. Not a well liked dude anywhere he goes.

AP candidate Warner leads in contributionsMarc Valero | Highlands Today
Published: October 20, 2013 AVON PARK - The four candidates running in the Nov. 5 city election have received a total of $7,143 in campaign contributions to date with mayoral challenger Greg "Bubba" Warner easily leading the pack with $3,348 in monetary donations.

Mayor Sharon Schuler has received $1,465 in donations for her reelection bid.

The donation totals are much closer in the city council race with challenger Jonathan Remick receiving $1,230 and incumbent Parke Sutherland receiving $1,100 in monetary donations to date according to each candidate's campaign treasurer's report summary provide by the Avon Park City Hall.

Warner's contributors include: former police chief Mike Rowan ($44.30 in-kind for labels) and former mayor Tom Macklin ($50) and his wife Tammy.Five Avon Park firefighters have contributed to Warner: Warren West ($40) and his wife Cindy, Craig Marans ($100), Lonnie Shields ($125) and his wife Janet, Clinton Culverhouse ($100) and his wife Ashley and Andy Marcy ($100) and his wife Renee.

Warner's largest contributors, with their occupations as listed on the campaign treasurer's report, include: Robert Malcolm ($320) of Sebring, manager; Erik and Brittany McGuire ($300), teacher; Entocon, Inc. ($200); Mr. & Mrs. Woods ($200), homemaker; Katherine & Eugene Gorman ($700), homemaker and Technology & Investments Inc. ($200), rental investor.

Schuler's contributors include: Stanley Wells ($100 in-kind for four signs) auto dealer, Long's Air Conditioning ($200), Avon Park Administrative Assistant Brenda Sliva ($50), Avon Park Administrative Services Director Maria Sutherland ($50), Devtech Sales ($200) and Joe Wright ($100) former councilman/dairy owner.

Schuler's largest contributors were the afore noted $200 donations.

Remick's contributors include: Avon Park firefighter Warren West ($30), Macklin ($50) and Rowan ($44.70 in-kind for labels).

Remick's largest contributors include: Entocon, Inc., ($500), agriculture consulting; Richard Emmerth ($345 in-kind for signs), Frostproof and USMC Lance Cpl. Ginger Paddock ($345 in-kind for signs).

10-29-2013, 08:31 PM
So what if he donated and is helping a candidate. Nothing illegal or immoral about that. The guy has been through enough, let it rest.

10-30-2013, 08:38 PM
I hope we are kept informed. This is getting interesting.

11-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Here is what happens when a bid is placed on a losing and nasty breath horse. Their asses got kicked, and their wounds are still bleeding.

UPDATED STORY: Schuler, Sutherland re-elected handily

Marc Valero | Highlands Today
Published: November 6, 2013 | Updated: November 6, 2013 at 04:31 PM

AVON PARK - Mayor Sharon Schuler and City Councilman Parke Sutherland handily won re-election Tuesday as most voters chose to stay the course over making any changes on the city council.

Schuler, with 520 votes (61.8 percent), defeated Greg "Bubba" Warner, who garnered 322 votes (38.2 percent).

Sutherland defeated Jonathan Remick by a vote count of 529-311 (63.0 percent to 37.0 percent).

Schuler was reelected to her third term as mayor and Sutherland was reelected to his second term on the city council. The mayor and council members serve three-year terms.

Schuler said Wednesday that she and Sutherland ran on the facts of the accomplishments of the city for the past three years and they want to continue with business as usual.

"I really appreciate the citizens out there. I think they supported Parke and I," she said. "I think they are happy with what the city has accomplished."

She and the city council will continue to work toward cutting costs for the city's citizens and keep moving forward, Schuler said. "We can't go backwards."

Sutherland said Wednesday: "The City of Avon Park won two elections last night. I didn't particularly win nor did Sharon. We ran on our record of improvements to the city and the citizens spoke and they want that continued direction of improvement."

The councilman chuckled that he was tired after spending 3 1/2 hours Tuesday night picking up his and Schuler's campaign signs.

The results were known soon after the polls closed at 7 p.m., with the Supervisor of Elections Office releasing the early and absentee votes to the media at 7:13 p.m. and then the total vote, including the four city precincts, at 7:24 p.m.

Deputy Mayor Brenda Giles served on the election canvassing board.

"Yes, we won; we won all away around," she said, while phoning the results to city Administrative Services Director Maria Sutherland, who is Parke Sutherland's wife.

"I hope that we can all get back together for the betterment of the city," Giles told Highlands Today.

A total of 844 ballots were cast for a voter turnout of 19 percent, including 152 early voting and 92 absentee ballots.

Voters also approved the city's amended city charter by a vote of 526-272.

mvalero@highlandstoday.com
- See more at: http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news ... h2xoZ.dpuf (http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/updated-story-schuler-sutherland-re-elected-handily-20131106/#sthash.8Bmh2xoZ.dpuf)

12-21-2013, 07:32 PM
http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/complaints-by-employee-union-against-avon-park-dismissed-20131218/

http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news ... -20131218/ (http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/complaints-by-employee-union-against-avon-park-dismissed-20131218/)

Deleon said the cost of the arbitrator was $5,800 and according to the collective bargaining agreement, the AFSCME is responsible for paying, not city taxpayers.

Deleon said he was confident about the results of the complaints. "As an organization, we have dealt with a number of baseless complaints. As these cases have moved forward, we have prevailed on every instance"

01-14-2014, 03:04 AM
Fat man has heard that things will be heating up soon. You need to stay tune as the battle of the titants continues. Here is another loser paying the City.

Avon Park city manager seeks to recoup attorneys fees
BY PAUL CATALAHighlands
Today Published: January 12, 2014 AVON PARK -

After having the complaint against him twice dismissed, a hearing has been set to decide whether Avon Park City Manager Julian Deleon can recoup attorneys fees in his defense against alleged ethics violations. Florida's Division of Administrative Hearings in Tallahassee has set 9 a.m., March 11 to 13 in the Avon Park City Council Chambers for the hearing. During that time, an administrative law judge will decide whether Deleon will get back the approximately $8,000 Deleon paid Tallahassee attorneys Albert Gimbel and Mark Herron to defend him. Sept. 23, the city council voted to pay for Deleon's legal fees in defense of Councilman Garrett Anderson's ethics violation claims, However, since the complaints were dropped, Anderson, who brought up the allegations, could be responsible for repaying Deleon. Anderson originally filed the complaint with State of Florida Commission on Ethics March - See more at:

http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news ... RPSyH.dpuf (http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/avon-park-city-manager-seeks-to-recoup-attorneys-fees-20140112/#sthash.a8XRPSyH.dpuf)

01-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Here is your cookie right out of the ove. You read it here first. I wonder if that city will go after attorney's fees and personal liens.

Another request for jury trial in Rowan case submitted -

See more at: http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news ... bTtJF.dpuf (http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/another-request-for-jury-trial-in-rowan-case-submitted-20140114/#sthash.UaPbTtJF.dpuf)

01-15-2014, 04:02 AM
Who r u guys so against the LT? I want serious answers

01-15-2014, 11:27 PM
We are the ones that will make you famous. This show belongs to the fat man, and he will ask the questions. Got that?

03-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Two EEOC cases against AP dismissed
Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 8:00 am

By PHIL ATTINGER Staff Writer
AVON PARK — Two federal cases against Avon Park have been dismissed.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission was unable to conclude that discrimination had occurred in cases filed by former city employees Sally Perry and Gloria Shrum.

The two women still have the right to sue the city in state or federal court, according to the EEOC ruling. However, they already had cases in federal court that have been dismissed.

Both Perry and Schrum were officers in the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, Local 3597, and have alleged that layoffs that dropped the city’s workforce from 103 full-time employees to 50 people targeted union members.

However, an arbitrator ruled against that complaint.

One of the cases the city is still facing is Michael A. Rowan v. City of Avon Park. Rowan, who was on contract as city police chief, was suspended without pay by City Manager Julian Deleon on June 13, 2011, after Rowan and the city could not come to terms on a separation agreement.

His dismissal followed his investigation of city council members, including Mayor Sharon Schuler and Deputy Mayor Brenda Giles, on citizen complaints of corruption and Sunshine Law violations.

A major issue in the case is whether Rowan was put on administrative leave, then suspended, then fired in response to his investigation.

Rowan states that he is protected as a whistleblower under Florida law and is asking the court to order the city to reinstate him, to state there is no basis for suspension without pay and to have the city pay back pay, damages and attorney’s fees.

No ruling has been made in his case.

Perry’s case dates back to July 27, 2012, from an inspection of two vehicles Perry used in her job with the city. She alleged that her supervisor, Jimmy Runner, and coworker Brenda Sliva overstepped their authority by looking in the glove compartment, behind and under seats and inside her handbag.

Perry, a 15-year-employee, named Runner, Sliva and Jason Lister, of the Avon Park Police, as defendants. Allegedly Lister told her at the time of the search that she had no rights in the matter.

She told the News-Sun at that time that everything inside her handbag was scrutinized, that she was deprived Constitutional rights and that the city failed to protect those rights.

The court dismissed claims against Sliva, Lister, Runner and City Manager Julian Deleon on Jan. 22, 2013, and ruled against Perry on Sept. 3, stating that the city’s personnel policy allowed city officials to search her handbag.

That policy states that anything brought onto city property is subject to inspection, including personal equipment, clothing, property and belongings — even trunks and lunch bags.

The case was dismissed on Oct. 30, 2013, and the city sought to have legal fees paid by Perry.

However, the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, ruled in January against the city’s request for $53,670 in legal fees, dropping that bill to $4,981.96, on the basis that the city’s legal team would have to have shown Perry’s claim was frivolous and that she had continued with the lawsuit after that became obvious.

Although Perry sued more than just the people directly involved, the court did not consider that frivolous. The court said other defendants had some connection to the search, either in a supervisory or employer role, and were spared further trial expenses by having their cases thrown out.

Defendants who actually did participate in the search were found to be immune to lawsuit since they were carrying out an established city policy, the court said.

04-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Will the Lt win or lose? This will be the year to make or break. The City wins again another $12K is due. Stay tune, its decision time, pedal to the metal.

Deleon, Anderson settle dispute

AVON PARK -A hearing had been set to decide whether Deleon could recoup attorney's fees in his defense against alleged ethics violations.

After having the complaint against him twice dismissed, the case was set to go before Florida's Division of Administrative Hearings this week in the Avon Park City Council Chambers.

However, settlement between Deleon, Anderson and their attorneys, Albert Gimbel and Bernard Dempsey, was reached in February.

Anderson will pay the City of Avon Park $12,683.58 to reimburse for Deleon's attorneys' fees. The agreement stipulates the money be paid "in one lump sum by March 31, 2014."

The settlement specifies Anderson must "refrain from alleging that Deleon is or has engaged in any illegal or unethical activity unless the statement has been verified as true in advance."

Anderson originally filed the complaint with the State of Florida Commission on Ethics March 8, 2013, alleging after his election to city council, Deleon threatened him, saying if he interfered with Deleon's personal business that "he would cause serious ramifications for my personal business," Anderson wrote in a March 7 letter to the commission, referring to his ammunition manufacturing company, Anderson Arms.

Feb. 10, the Avon Park City Council voted unanimously to reject a 50 percent settlement offer by Anderson which stemmed from a complaint against Deleon in January 2013 stating Deleon threatened him, saying if he interfered with Deleon's personal business that "he would cause serious ramifications for my personal business," Anderson wrote in a March 7 letter to the commission, referring to Anderson Arms.

Deleon said Tuesday he was glad city council had rejected Anderson's initial offer. "We held out; we were ready for court, but Anderson opted to paying 100 percent of our legal fees. My position regarding the basis for his complaint has not changed any," he said. "I am professionally ready to move forward, although based on last night's interactions, it appears that some individuals are not. That's too bad."

Anderson said Tuesday the settlement was the "best thing to do for the city." He said there was no need to drag an issue between himself and Deleon and get taxpayers involved and said he had spent about the same amount to pay his attorney fees.

"It was a simple issue between me and him, but yet he gets backed by the city," he said. "It's been dragging on for way too long. I want to do what's better for the city and hopefully just get back to work."

- See more at: http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news ... x9Hdp.dpuf (http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/deleon-garrett-settle-20140311/#sthash.fg0x9Hdp.dpuf)

05-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Trial for former police chief could be held by January

AVON PARK – The case involving the City of Avon Park against former Avon Park Police Chief Michael Rowen has taken another step closer to going to jury trial. In addition, another judge in the case has been recused, to declare that the judge should not try a case or is disqualified to act, the second since the case was first filed. Following a May 12 Case Management Conference involving the council and litigants, Judge Robert Fegers of the Tenth Judicial Circuit Court ordered a trial date be taken “under advisement” before the actual trial date be assigned. Former Avon Park Police Chief Michael Rowan filed suit against the city of Avon Park June 16, 2011, after he was suspended with pay by Avon Park City Manager Julian Deleon. His pay was stopped in June 2011 after it was found Rowan had investigated the mayor, deputy mayor, city project manager and a councilman for alleged illegal activities. These activities, according to a Sept. 6, 2011 letter from City Manager Julian Deleon, included “insubordination or the refusal to perform work assigned, or to comply with written or verbal instructions of a Supervisor; threatening, intimidating, coercing, or interfering with fellow employees or supervision at any time; on or off the job conduct which adversely affects the ability of the employee to perform his duties and/or adversely affects the efficient operation of the City government or any department or area of City government; and division, or area of City government; discourteous, insulting, abusive, or inflammatory language or conduct toward the public or coworkers.” When a trial date is “taken under advisement,” it means the judge is going to consider the matter, read the legal briefs filed by the parties, have a clerk do some research on the legal issues and then eventually come to a ruling: it is a formal way of the judge saying he’ll get back to the parties. In addition, Judge Peter Estrada was recused from hearing the case Feb. 12 after Rowan and the City requested the Tenth Judicial Circuit Court disqualify him from presiding due to “substantial relationships” with “numerous anticipated witnesses. Estrada told the parties he saw the trial witness list, which included State Attorney Jerry Hill, Assistant State Attorney Steve Houchin, Highlands County Sheriff Susan Benton and Avon Park Council members Terry Heston and Parke Sutherland. The case was reassigned by Chief Circuit Judge Bruce Smith to County Court Judge Robert Fegers and finally to Jeffrey McKibben, a county judge for the Hardee County Court of Florida. Once set, the trial would be held in Sebring. In a May 12 order, Fegers mandated all “discovery” - the pretrial phase in a lawsuit when each party, through the law of civil procedure, can obtain evidence from the opposing party - and pretrial motions be completed by Dec. 15. Highlands County Clerk of Courts Bob Germaine said if the case goes to jury trial, it would probably take place at the latest in Feb. 2015 but as soon as the beginning of Jan. 2015, depending on McKibben’s docket and schedule, Rowan’s Lakeland-based attorney Robert Grizzard II, speculated late January or February for the trial’s start date and the change of judge shouldn’t affect the proceedings after discovery is closed. “I’m eager to move forward and I’m certain so is Mike Rowan. I’m hoping we’re heading to closure,” he said Thursday. Deleon, who suspended Rowan with pay by April 19, 2011, said despite the length of the case - over three years - a conclusion is in sight. He said even if it goes on another six months, he is “standing ready.” “I am standing committed and I regularly check with our lawyers to ensure that we are doing everything possible to get to court,” Deleon wrote in an email. “I really like our arguments; I think we have very strong arguments. I think that our track record speaks for itself. We have not lost anything. I regularly check with our lawyers to ensure that we are doing everything possible to get to court. I am not in favor of settling (any) of these employment related cases. I am of the opinion that any type of settlement encourages more of the same.” pcatala@highlandstoday.com (863) 385-6866

05-30-2014, 02:15 AM
Are you ready for your ripe banana? You too will be famous when compared to that corrupt city manager who likes to flash his badge.

Avon Park city manager pursuing defamation damages

BY PAUL CATALA
Highlands Today
Published: May 29, 2014

AVON PARK – Avon Park City Manager has filed a defamation lawsuit against Avon Park City Councilman Garrett Anderson, his mother, Sherrie Anderson and his sister, Brittany McGuire.

According to the complaint filed Wednesday with Highland’s County Tenth Judicial Circuit Court, Garrett Anderson, owner-operator of Anderson Arms, an Avon Park firearms reconstituting company, has used his position on the city council to influence Avon Park and Highlands County officials to “condone the violations for the economic benefit of Anderson Arms.”

The complaint is seeking action for defamation where damages are over $15,000.

According to the complaint, Anderson Arms has been previously warned by inspectors concerning ordinance violations and safety codes. Garrett Anderson and those working with him have been frustrated by Deleon’s unwillingness to grant Anderson Arms “special favors.” It stated other city council members feel the company should not get special treatment and supported Deleon’s decision to not grant special privileges.

In retaliation, the complaint alleges Garett and Sherrie Anderson and McGuire launched an effort with public agencies to “discredit Julian Deleon through false publication of defamatory matter.”

March 12, Garrett Anderson filed a complaint with the Florida Commission on Ethics that Deleon “abused his power and authority” as city manager, citing unwarranted inspection of his company by the Highlands County building inspector, the Avon Park Fire Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

As a result of the ethics complaint, city council retained investigator Al Smith to investigate Deleon’s alleged “misconduct.” According to the first complaint, the investigation stated the building inspector, S.Y. Moseley, said he never spoke with Deleon about shutting down Anderson Arms nor did Deleon threaten to fire him. David Cloud, interim fire chief, said Deleon’s threat to his job if his company wasn’t inspected was untrue. And Liza Ryan of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, stated Deleon didn’t file a false report that Anderson Arms was engaging in illegal activity.

Smith prepared a report for city council and based on his investigation, found the allegations in the ethics complaint were “unsubstantiated.”

Anderson’s ethics’ complaints were dismissed Sept. 18, 2013, based on a preliminary investigation by the Florida Ethics Commission, finding no probable cause finding Deleon had used his position to threaten Anderson.

In early March, rather than take his ethics violations case against Deleon to court, Anderson settled his case against Deleon. A hearing had been set to decide whether Deleon could recoup attorney’s fees in his defense against alleged ethics violations.

After having the complaint against him twice dismissed, the case was set to go before Florida’s Division of Administrative Hearings in the Avon Park City Council Chambers. Anderson was required to pay the City of Avon Park $12,683.58 to reimburse for Deleon’s attorneys’ fees. The agreement stipulated the money be paid “in one lump sum by March 31, 2014.”

A second complaint filed by Deleon is against Sherri Anderson for filing a complaint with the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office alleging the same misconduct as her son and the third complaint involving McGuire stated March 3, after the original settlement keeping Anderson from pursuing allegations against Deleon, another grievance was filed with the sheriff’s office to “circumvent” the March settlement and validate the previous complaints filed by Garrett and Sherrie Anderson against Deleon after Garrett “promised he would not make again in the future.”

Garrett Anderson said Thursday he, his mother and sister find the new complaint to be “ludicrous” and thought it was over. He said he and his family would now pursue “due diligence” and “do what we need to do to get this done” against Deleon and his attorney, Robin Gibson of the Gibson Law Firm, Lake Wales.

“I thought everything was in good standing and we were making progress and moving forward,” he said. “I didn’t expect this.”

Deleon’s complaint also includes four other counts: conspiracy to defame and defamation by Garret and Sherrie Anderson and McGuire.

In an email, Deleon said the lawsuit “speaks for itself” and deferred comments to Gibson. Gibson wasn’t available for comment Thursday.

pcatala@highlandstoday.com

FL patriots matter
03-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Are you ready for your ripe banana? You too will be famous when compared to that corrupt city manager who likes to flash his badge.

BY PAUL CATALA
Highlands Today

AVON PARK – Avon Park City Manager has filed a defamation lawsuit against Avon Park City Councilman Garrett Anderson, his mother, Sherrie Anderson and his sister, Brittany McGuire.

According to the complaint filed Wednesday with Highland’s County Tenth Judicial Circuit Court, Garrett Anderson, owner-operator of Anderson Arms, an Avon Park firearms reconstituting company, has used his position on the city council to influence Avon Park and Highlands County officials to “condone the violations for the economic benefit of Anderson Arms.”

According to the complaint, Anderson Arms has been previously warned by inspectors concerning ordinance violations and safety codes. Garrett Anderson and those working with him have been frustrated by Deleon’s unwillingness to grant Anderson Arms “special favors.” It stated other city council members feel the company should not get special treatment and supported Deleon’s decision to not grant special privileges.

In retaliation, the complaint alleges Garett and Sherrie Anderson and McGuire launched an effort with public agencies to “discredit Julian Deleon through false publication of defamatory matter.”

March 12, Garrett Anderson filed a complaint with the Florida Commission on Ethics that Deleon “abused his power and authority” as city manager, citing unwarranted inspection of his company by the Highlands County building inspector, the Avon Park Fire Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

As a result of the ethics complaint, city council retained investigator Al Smith to investigate Deleon’s alleged “misconduct.” According to the first complaint, the investigation stated the building inspector, S.Y. Moseley, said he never spoke with Deleon about shutting down Anderson Arms nor did Deleon threaten to fire him. David Cloud, interim fire chief, said Deleon’s threat to his job if his company wasn’t inspected was untrue. And Liza Ryan of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, stated Deleon didn’t file a false report that Anderson Arms was engaging in illegal activity.

Smith prepared a report for city council and based on his investigation, found the allegations in the ethics complaint were “unsubstantiated.”

Anderson’s ethics’ complaints were dismissed Sept. 18, 2013, based on a preliminary investigation by the Florida Ethics Commission, finding no probable cause finding Deleon had used his position to threaten Anderson.

In early March, rather than take his ethics violations case against Deleon to court, Anderson settled his case against Deleon. A hearing had been set to decide whether Deleon could recoup attorney’s fees in his defense against alleged ethics violations.

After having the complaint against him twice dismissed, the case was set to go before Florida’s Division of Administrative Hearings in the Avon Park City Council Chambers. Anderson was required to pay the City of Avon Park $12,683.58 to reimburse for Deleon’s attorneys’ fees. The agreement stipulated the money be paid “in one lump sum by March 31, 2014.”

A second complaint filed by Deleon is against Sherri Anderson for filing a complaint with the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office alleging the same misconduct as her son and the third complaint involving McGuire stated March 3, after the original settlement keeping Anderson from pursuing allegations against Deleon, another grievance was filed with the sheriff’s office to “circumvent” the March settlement and validate the previous complaints filed by Garrett and Sherrie Anderson against Deleon after Garrett “promised he would not make again in the future.”

Garrett Anderson said Thursday he, his mother and sister find the new complaint to be “ludicrous” and thought it was over. He said he and his family would now pursue “due diligence” and “do what we need to do to get this done” against Deleon and his attorney, Robin Gibson of the Gibson Law Firm, Lake Wales.

“I thought everything was in good standing and we were making progress and moving forward,” he said. “I didn’t expect this.”

Deleon’s complaint also includes four other counts: conspiracy to defame and defamation by Garret and Sherrie Anderson and McGuire.

In an email, Deleon said the lawsuit “speaks for itself” and deferred comments to Gibson. Gibson wasn’t available for comment Thursday.

https://www.yoursun.com/sebring/news/parkview-prep-prepped-for-new-building/article_af489d4c-aa02-11e8-84db-e7bdaf1c7a7e.html

Leo woman 87
03-13-2020, 06:17 PM
https://www.yoursun.com/sebring/news/parkview-prep-prepped-for-new-building/article_af489d4c-aa02-11e8-84db-e7bdaf1c7a7e.html

Omg 😲 are these the same people who were sued by the city manager? Those poor boys look like they are being abused by the woman in the blue dress..hash tag protect our youth from bullies!

Srt sgt
03-14-2020, 06:07 PM
Omg 😲 are these the same people who were sued by the city manager? Those poor boys look like they are being abused by the woman in the blue dress..hash tag protect our youth from bullies!

Yep that's them. Not a very good indicator on how they treat their students. They are full of drama, there brother is the Mayor now of AP. He is a big cry baby and is fake as a $3 bill.

Rdpatrol 91
03-18-2020, 01:33 PM
Crybaby 😂😂😂

Unregistered
06-19-2020, 02:08 AM
This crap is so old. Nothing in AP has anything to do with Clew. Let it ride.

Faithful leo89
06-22-2020, 07:59 PM
Yes it's old, but is a pattern of behaviours consistent with corruption and cover ups. This family portrays an image of squeaky clean, but are truly corrupt to the core. Character matters, right Garrett?

Unregistered
06-22-2020, 09:24 PM
Yes it's old, but is a pattern of behaviours consistent with corruption and cover ups. This family portrays an image of squeaky clean, but are truly corrupt to the core. Character matters, right Garrett?

take your eurohmo spelling to another city board. You got the wrong type of sweetest city velvet slipper pajama wearer.

Faithful leo89
06-23-2020, 03:42 AM
Yes, behaviours! It's very evident your highlands bred and born bigotry education is shining through. Anderson is an english surname. Go hide behind your lapel cross and cast out demons in the name of Jesus! Go learn proper english and stop being a bigot! I knew that was you James G!

Unregistered
06-29-2020, 03:35 AM
Go make an Avon Park message board if you want to continue. Once again, AP affairs have nothing to do with CPD. Anderson has nothing to do with CPD. Honorable Lt. Rowan has nothing to do with CPD anymore.

Unregistered
06-30-2020, 12:35 AM
Go make an Avon Park message board if you want to continue. Once again, AP affairs have nothing to do with CPD. Anderson has nothing to do with CPD. Honorable Lt. Rowan has nothing to do with CPD anymore.

Go to the Hendry board to keep in touch with Roweee

Blue lives matter 2
07-09-2020, 01:28 AM
Lol, I saw a whole bunch of YouTube videos of this Mayor throwing temper tantrums because he didn't get his way. He kind of reminds me of the whiney preacher from the movie "there will be blood". How embarrassing, thank god I live in Lake Placid!

Fighting evil 2
07-22-2020, 10:25 PM
I love how he scolds all the other Council members in referencing how they don't follow the rules, or the previously agreed criteria for tabulation purposes. He about blew a gasket when David Flowers was exposed and fired. He kisses everyone's behind, and I mean everyone who he thinks he can gain financial, religious or political points with. I heard him speaking one day on how he plans to run for a congressional district seat, 😂😂😂. His politics, scandals and sloppiness is the very reason why all Americans are fed up with politicians. He is not good at lying or being deceitful. He should stick to making ammunition or running his church or his fathers construction company. Please resign your tenure as Mayor, and let's get someone in our city that's not about fattening their own pockets or agendas!

Transparency Matters
08-19-2020, 08:14 PM
I love how he scolds all the other Council members in referencing how they don't follow the rules, or the previously agreed criteria for tabulation purposes. He about blew a gasket when David Flowers was exposed and fired. He kisses everyone's behind, and I mean everyone who he thinks he can gain financial, religious or political points with. I heard him speaking one day on how he plans to run for a congressional district seat, 😂😂😂. His politics, scandals and sloppiness is the very reason why all Americans are fed up with politicians. He is not good at lying or being deceitful. He should stick to making ammunition or running his church or his fathers construction company. Please resign your tenure as Mayor, and let's get someone in our city that's not about fattening their own pockets or agendas!

Does anyone know what's going on with Eden Park Assisted Living INC company ran by Candice Anderson? There was a recent transfer of power to her sister, Brittany McGuire. Is this another umbrella company to shuffle their shenanigans and non-profits? I wonder if the elderly care worker who was recently caught stealing over 20k from elderly client's was employed for Eden Park Assisted Living INC? I called Mid Florida Publications and Barry Foster and both media outlets were mum when I acquired about the Anderson's and McGuire families past scandals. Barry Foster went on a tirade about Julian Deleon which was irrelevant to my inquiry. Makes one wonder how much these individuals have penetrated via persuasion on our local media outlets. Looks like journalism is one sided in our county. This whole thing stinks of cover up and collusion. Any anonymous leo inputs are welcome.

Unregistered400
08-20-2020, 03:11 PM
Think of it this way, when multiple operators have multiple non-profits, there is always a mother ship INC or Dba that filters profits and losses, and washes the other dirty hand. Good luck getting any info from our local media. They suck all the way. The Anderson's MO has always been of what can we maximize for minimum input. This is the way of ultra right evangelical party and movement. They say they are doing good for their communities, and offering irreplaceable services. I'm sure you are some sort of investigative publication and or journalist. Barry Foster is not a reliable news source, he professes far right views, but this is coming from a man who thinks Mayor Tom Macklin is best thing since sliced bread. Tom Macklin is the perfect example of one who alleges to the white supremacy movement through our lord and savior JC. I am a registered republican, and a proud christian. I cannot associate myself with any persons, even in my own political party who advocate bigotry, hate and ignorance. Mid Florida was recently purchased by some micro media group. They have strong ties to the Anderson Family and want to perpetuate their agendas both fiscally and religiously. Good luck in your quest, you will be railroaded big time. Your best source of info will be older newspaper articles and forums such as this, to draw your own conclusions.

The truth will set u free
09-12-2020, 07:20 PM
Here is the laundry list of the Anderson/McGuire non-profit tax evading companies, compliments of Florida Dept of State. In case your wondering why you pay more taxes than your friendly god fearing neighbors! Remember this for the next time when you whip out your checkbook to pay your local, state and federal tax collectors. Who's fooling who? Hope you are sleeping well at night! Shady shady.....

James Patrick Anderson/James Garrett Anderson/Sherri Anderson/Candice Anderson/Brittany McGuire

1.Florida Not For Profit Corporation
LIFE AND PRAISE MINISTRIES, INC.
2.Florida Not For Profit Corporation
PARKVIEW ESTATE MANAGEMENT SERVICES HOMEOWNERS' ASSOCIATION, INC.
3.Florida Not For Profit Corporation
EDEN PARK ASSISTED LIVING INC.
4. Florida Not For Profit Corporation
PARKVIEW PREP ACADEMY INC.
5. Florida Not For Profit Corporation
FAITH ON FIRE INC.

Unregistered
10-01-2020, 02:06 AM
All of you dirty cop's and county attorneys need to stop. The Anderson's are great god fearing Christians. You all have made the deal with the devil. Our Lord will protect us from you evil doers.

Unregistered
10-06-2020, 10:51 AM
I follow you but you should also support me in draw eyes nose and lips (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBN1hO1qps&t=16s). so I can also get something

Unregisteredalways
10-09-2020, 02:03 AM
Are we phishing today?? Nice try Mr. McGuire

Unregistered
11-09-2020, 04:46 AM
OMFG!!

I saw the photo posted by the news sun! Does anyone know if their is a active investigation on Brittany and Candice? That's Candice Anderson for sure digging her nails into the red head boys arm! Her hair, flip flops and physique are a dead give away! Brittany is the one in the black and white striped dress looking directly at the abuse. Come on HCSO special victim's unit, you guys are supposed to protect our communities most vulnerable, our children and elderly! Maybe our attorney general's office in Tallahassee need to get involved if the 10th judicial are waiving on any prosecution. Scandalous and evil for sure! 😡😡😡😡😡😡

justice4@ll
11-17-2020, 03:49 AM
Yep, if no arrests have been made, you can bet your britches bottom that they snaked their way out of this entanglement. I have heard many disturbing rumors about this whole entire family and their business models. From corruption, abuse, fraud, racketeering and bad business deals. At what point do individuals push the envelope? One has to question the perversion and habitual shenanigans this whole entire family have been caught doing! You are right....Where the heck are the special victim's unit? If this happened in a public school setting, FDLE and the inspector general's office would've acted quickly and swiftly. God is always watching and will dish out the punishment for this abuse on the boys!

Backing@theblue
11-28-2020, 01:26 AM
I'm sure one of the four, either Candice, Brittany, Garrett or Sherri started this thread to deflect their anger towards Julian DeLeon to continue their defaming tactics. In return, they got exposed, further reiterating what many have suspected all along. You better start explaining to the public eye why Candice is abusing the two boys in the photo? Brittany, the students and staff who are key spectators/witnesses in the photo clearly observed the battery of the little red head boy. This is a major felony offense which needs major explaining to the tax payers who fund your business! Shameful! Shut this business down and enforce the law!

Unregistered
01-02-2021, 03:16 AM
Parkview prepped for new building? Omg this photo of Candice Anderson and Brittany McGuire is so incriminating. Has anyone heard on a update? It seems that inquiries about the clawing of this little red head boys arm has successfully made it to the HCSO and school board. Pending investigation is all I have been told? How disgraceful!

Unregistered
01-03-2021, 08:47 PM
Bubba, the Anderson's need your good ole charisma at their most desperate hour! Your supporters are in deep need of your good ole boy ways of getting AP back to its white anglo saxin superiority! You have abandoned all of us. Help us Obiwan "Bubba" Warner, you are our only hope! 😂😂😂

Unregistered
01-04-2021, 05:11 AM
Good god guys. Go start an Avon Park message board and keep this bullshit out of Clewiston. None of the blowhards you guys keep mentioning have anything to do with CPD.

Saw it coming
01-04-2021, 06:50 PM
Good god guys. Go start an Avon Park message board and keep this bullshit out of Clewiston. None of the blowhards you guys keep mentioning have anything to do with CPD.

This thread never had anything to do with CPD? Only crybabies, swampy corrupt local politicians family members, leo's and masters of defamation tactics. Only for it to all backfire in their face, it also painted a true masterpiece to expose what many already knew and suspected. Most of these comments were propagandist in nature. They made it seem that they were victim's of bad city managers and Sheriff's administration. True Americans are seekers of truth, equality and full transparency. Stop playing the victims card. Go cry and deflect elsewhere bub!

Unregistered
01-08-2021, 02:54 AM
This thread never had anything to do with CPD? Only crybabies, swampy corrupt local politicians family members, leo's and masters of defamation tactics. Only for it to all backfire in their face, it also painted a true masterpiece to expose what many already knew and suspected. Most of these comments were propagandist in nature. They made it seem that they were victim's of bad city managers and Sheriff's administration. True Americans are seekers of truth, equality and full transparency. Stop playing the victims card. Go cry and deflect elsewhere bub!

How's that for your ripe banana? Amen to our brave women and men in law enforcement who are not afraid to expose wickedness in our community via these forums. I suspect that we will see charges brought against Candice Anderson and Brittany McGuire for the abuse caught on camera. This is such an easy slam dunk case which needs little probable cause due to the clarity of the photograph along with the injury Candice is clearly afflicting with her nails on the red head boys arm! Our elected Sheriff, Paul Blackman and State Attorney, Brian Haas have a constitutional duty to act. If they do not act, it will be political suicide for both of their political careers. No elected law official likes it when their constituents start to question their abilities to prosecute crimes and enforce the written laws. Especially when children are the victims, regardless how it is perceived. Throw the book at both of them, this reeks of cover up and favoritism. We need law officials who do not consider one's race, political party or religious preferences to decide whether they receive a get out of jail free card! Evil and shameful, god is watching!

Blessed
01-10-2021, 07:06 PM
Do not worry! This whole entire family have been on multiple local, state and federal agencies radar for some time. People who break laws always get exposed. Let the chips fall where they may. Karma has a funny way of auto correcting the many injustices that they have been caught doing! We couldn't ask for a better person leading our county's law enforcement services, TY Sheriff Paul Blackman for your sincere dedication to our communities!! Back the blue!!

Libertyprevails
01-13-2021, 04:45 AM
This was not reported to law enforcement until fairly recent. This picture was taken in August of 2018! Why in the world didn't the journalist, the photographer or publication report the incriminating photo? Someone from the paper obviously witnessed the battery in person as well! This is so shameful and disgusting. It is the ultimate scandal and cover up! Brittany will be held just as accountable, due to the reporting requirements that the state mandates to licensed child care centers. I did not get the big stink about the link, until I looked closely at the photo posted by the highlands news sun. Protect our most sacred investment and future! OUR CHILDREN!

Unregistered
01-15-2021, 02:34 AM
This was not reported to law enforcement until fairly recent. This picture was taken in August of 2018! Why in the world didn't the journalist, the photographer or publication report the incriminating photo? Someone from the paper obviously witnessed the battery in person as well! This is so shameful and disgusting. It is the ultimate scandal and cover up! Brittany will be held just as accountable, due to the reporting requirements that the state mandates to licensed child care centers. I did not get the big stink about the link, until I looked closely at the photo posted by the highlands news sun. Protect our most sacred investment and future! OUR CHILDREN!

why is this here MR ...

Unregistered
01-15-2021, 10:17 PM
why is this here MR ...

Keeping everyone accountable. No one is above the Law. Transparency is paramount in these uncertain times. Especially how corrupted AP and certain families who's rule has come to end, and not soon enough it was! Go cry somewhere else!

Libertyprevails
01-16-2021, 01:09 AM
Since unregistered is here, maybe they do not mind explaining to our law enforcement community and the citizens why one of the owners of parkview prep academy is ripping her nails into the red head boys arm? Furthermore, I am MRS, not MR! The community will be awaiting your answers and explanation! This forum is the the only way of expressing our concerns! FB and Google is flooded with fake reviews and fake news! I do not believe in communism or covering up crimes or scandals, hence libertyprevails! I will be waiting!

Unregistered
01-26-2021, 02:46 AM
Since unregistered is here, maybe they do not mind explaining to our law enforcement community and the citizens why one of the owners of parkview prep academy is ripping her nails into the red head boys arm? Furthermore, I am MRS, not MR! The community will be awaiting your answers and explanation! This forum is the the only way of expressing our concerns! FB and Google is flooded with fake reviews and fake news! I do not believe in communism or covering up crimes or scandals, hence libertyprevails! I will be waiting!

They most likely will not justify their felony behavior caught on camera. They are more worried about collecting donations, maintaining their perceived image both online and via social networking, getting the 2020 highlands news sun summit award "best private school" unilaterally, and hoping this scandal goes away. They painted a beautiful portrait and hide their skeletons very well. In reality, they had this coming for a long time now. I know a couple of them very well. My interactions were not healthy! They will kiss your ass and charm you in your face. When your back is turned, they gossip, defame, and stab your back! Their viciousness and determination is strong and very counterintuitive. Stay away and for God's sake, protect your children!

Unregistered
02-09-2021, 09:25 PM
We are still waiting for both of your explanations why the red head boy's arm is being clawed to death by Candice Anderson.....????? Jeopardy theme 🎶 🎶 🎶 😡

Unregistered
02-12-2021, 02:49 AM
Parkview prepped for new building? Omg this photo of Candice Anderson and Brittany McGuire is so incriminating. Has anyone heard on a update? It seems that inquiries about the clawing of this little red head boys arm has successfully made it to the HCSO and school board. Pending investigation is all I have been told? How disgraceful!

HCSO is the last chance department of rejects. Pending investigation means drag the case for a month let it cool down and nothing will happen.

NE15
02-13-2021, 03:52 AM
HCSO is the last chance department of rejects. Pending investigation means drag the case for a month let it cool down and nothing will happen.

Yes they were in out with different investigations this past fall. Last year was an investigator from the state about something serious. I saw they posted some flyers on their school websites to report crimes directly to the owners. I want to report an owner physically abusing a student. The owner says ok its noted. I want to report a teacher acting nasty with female student's. Ok it's noted. Nothing will ever happen because this place is not a real school. Its a private business. Their is nothing the state can do. If you have money and can afford a good attorney it seems you can commit any crime and get away with it. I am a previous student and I do not recommend this business to anyone! The owner's are super shady! It's a glorified daycare! Nothing more, nothing less!

Unregistered
02-28-2021, 11:48 PM
So they were making false police reports and slandering a public official? Then they settled out of court which is usually a indicator of guilt. Then the photo of co-owner Candice Anderson digging her 💅 into the red head boy's arm? Then they get back to back highlands best private school awards by the same paper who documented the physical abuse? Something is super fishy about these chain of events! Didn't anyone teach the owner's about battery and unwanted touches? This is really disturbing and sickening! I hope this boy and his family takes this academy to the cleaners by a hefty lawsuit!

Unregistered
03-01-2021, 07:22 AM
We have attempted to get straight forward answers from the State of Florida, Highlands County School District and Department of Licensing for quite some time regarding Parkview Prep Academy and it's owners. We have been given the typical politically driven run around, that usually ends up deferring my inquiries to other agencies. The state and its regulatory commissions possess no conceptualized idea on how to deal with the grave issues at hand. I see that they had another press article in the Highlands News Sun today. It's very apparent that this article was another advertising and marketing campaign geared under the guise of Covid-19. What's even more concerning, is M.Valero wrote todays article, the same Journalist who captured the damming photo of one of the owner's physically battering a young student's arm. This is truly unfathomable and disturbing.

"A free press is instrumental for our democracies longevity"

https://www.midfloridanewspapers.com/highlands_news-sun/corona_coverage/private-schools-adapt-to-meet-pandemics-challenges/article_eafaa2f2-77c0-11eb-87ed-9b1ce05d6838.html

Unregistered
03-25-2021, 12:58 AM
You are not going to get any answers! These people are masters of deflecting and blaming others for their short comings. They fired a whole bunch of their old staff because they told investigators the truth about the abuse of the boys arm and what really went down that day. Candice Anderson loves power and gets off on firing staff employed at the daycare. She has a super nasty violent temper and is a master of deception! Good luck getting any answers! Move on!

Unregistered
03-27-2021, 03:34 AM
You are not going to get any answers! These people are masters of deflecting and blaming others for their short comings. They fired a whole bunch of their old staff because they told investigators the truth about the abuse of the boys arm and what really went down that day. Candice Anderson loves power and gets off on firing staff employed at the daycare. She has a super nasty violent temper and is a master of deception! Good luck getting any answers! Move on!

Violent tempers must run in the family. This woman's brother, who happens to be our City Mayor, Garrett Anderson also has a bad temper. He blows up and whines when anybody calls him out on his BS and scandals. The apple must not fall far from the tree. Anyways, private schools are a joke, especially in Florida!

Unregistered
04-02-2021, 03:26 AM
Hello to all. Please wear blue to show your support for all abuse victims. I am completely taken away by this photo of this woman ripping her nails into this childs arm! I was removed from my grandmothers house when I was a child. Foster care is the most terrible experience any child could go through. I was abused terribly by both caretakers and foster parents. The system is a joke and dcf are the evil keepers of the gate! Keep your children safe and for the love of God punish this evil woman for her blatant act of abuse.

Unregistered
04-03-2021, 08:06 PM

BY PAUL CATALA
Highlands Today

Seems Mayor Garrett Anderson was the one who abused their power! He has abused his power and position since the beginning. What a cry baby and loser!

Unregistered
04-08-2021, 10:48 PM
Seems Mayor Garrett Anderson was the one who abused their power! He has abused his power and position since the beginning. What a cry baby and loser!

Yep the whole family are trouble makers. They love drama and seem to have habitual patterns of making up stories and defaming other persons and businesses. They have lost a credibility at the SO! The boy and girls who cried wolf too many times.

Unregistered
04-08-2021, 11:41 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3788155521281016&id=237032243060046&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

So this teachers aide gets attested and nothing happens to Candi and Brittany?? Anyone care to explain or elaborate?

Unregistered
04-09-2021, 03:23 AM
Attested? Don't you mean arrested? No nothing will happen to the sister's. Would you rat your own sibling out? Especially if the sibling is the driving force who generates boko bucks and grants for their organizations? At least the publication posted the photo of Candi digging her nails the boy's arm. A photo is priceless and forever, it will haunt these 2 sea hags till times end!

Unregistered
04-09-2021, 06:54 PM
Attested? Don't you mean arrested? No nothing will happen to the sister's. Would you rat your own sibling out? Especially if the sibling is the driving force who generates boko bucks and grants for their organizations? At least the publication posted the photo of Candi digging her nails the boy's arm. A photo is priceless and forever, it will haunt these 2 sea hags till times end!

Them c*nts aren’t being haunted they’re loving the attention and the power they think they have cause they get away with it. Let the boys momma beat that b*tch into the fetal position until she pisses her panties then call it even

Unregistered
04-11-2021, 06:33 AM
The whole family is shady. They love power and think they are slickos. The only people they fool are the common sheeple, religious zealots or the kool aid drinkers. The abuse of the red boys arm is just the tip of the iceberg. They have been accused of much more and can not be trusted. You r right. Both of them are attention whores and are loving the gossip and drama!

BLM
04-15-2021, 02:21 AM
Voted Highlands County best private school. People, they will not be charged and arrested. This is white privilege at it's very best. Had they been black or brown, like the teacher's aide in Sebring, they would've been charged, crucified and rotting in jail. Shady fake ass snakes. Let me catch someone roughing up my children. It would not end well for them. Come on Sheriff Blackman, I thought you were better than this? I hope these children get justice one way or the other!

Unregistered
04-21-2021, 12:27 AM
The physiological profile on Miss Candice Anderson is simple and self explanatory. She is in her mid 30s, is single and was married briefly in her late teens. An older used car salesman swept her off her feet briefly and momentarily that ended quickly in divorce. She still lives at home with her parents. Her older sister is happily married with children. I can imagine these events have caused some sort of anger and middle child syndrome deficiencies. I'm sure she is angry and takes out her deprived frustrations and anger on the Academy enrollees when they misbehave. Also, it seems both owner's are control freaks and play the victim cards frequently. This behavior is dangerous and one can only imagine who else has been bullied or battered by her shortcomings. I do not think violence is a solution mentioned earlier by a previous poster. Mental illnesses is real, maybe she should step out and work in another profession. They have the Eden Park Assisted Living Center and Anderson Elite Travel Agency now. This would limit the liability to lawsuits or arrests. I will pray for things to get better for all involved. And please people, violence is not the answer.

Unregistered
04-22-2021, 01:30 AM
These two slick b**ches had a female detective from hardee county coaching them during their investigations. She knows who she is. More corrupted local police. You right...this is white privilege. If they were brown or black they would be slammed up in the jail and courts. Let me tell you that we all are woke the f**k up now. Mr. Floyd got his Justice. Y'all losing the power.

Unregistered
04-22-2021, 10:54 AM
Why do you keep posts here you have nothing to do with CPD

Unregistered
04-22-2021, 09:56 PM
Why do you keep posts here you have nothing to do with CPD

I pay taxes shut up and do your job. Troll.

Unregistered
04-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Taxes where? Make a post about the above information on its own post it has nothing to do with Clewiston PD

Delta Echo Alpha z7712
04-23-2021, 02:19 PM
Neither does "how's that for your ripe banana". Is that you Bubba? Another local trouble maker! How did it feel being removed from the pension board? You are another local swamp creature who got exposed. Did you return all the money the Anderson's and McGuire's gave you for your mayoral run?

Unregistered
04-24-2021, 03:02 AM
All you crazies need to stop. We all know that these 2 women got exposed. We all know their Brother Garrett Anderson is a self righteous know it all a**hole. We all know Avon Park will never change and the whole town is filled with Meth Heads, pedophiles, criminals, drugs and good ole boys. I hate that we are ranked the 4th racist city in Florida too. Let the old guard die off or be voted out! There is nothing good to report about this City and businesses. They all are related and god help you if you move to this demon infested town of inbreds.

Unregistered
04-24-2021, 04:21 PM
These two slick b**ches had a female detective from hardee county coaching them during their investigations

YH, AS or am I missing somebody? Interested to know. A lot of rumblings about Hardee being corrupt.

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 09:56 AM
If you are a wasp (white anglo saxin protestant) you are safe. I'm sure Sheriff Blackman struggled on this one. He is very familiar with the whole Anderson family and cannot stand any of them. The whole family are trouble and consider themselves AP political elites! Not surprised about Hardee County, I foresee a mass house cleaning soon on the bad Leo's statewide!

Unregistered
04-25-2021, 03:52 PM
The office manager at the Academy is another attention seeking local trouble maker. It's one big clique of local sour'ed women who love to gossip and defame others and scream scandal all the time. Stay completely away from this Hornets nest!!

Unregistered
04-27-2021, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with Eden Park Assisted Living INC company ran by Candice Anderson? There was a recent transfer of power to her sister, Brittany McGuire. Is this another umbrella company to shuffle their shenanigans and non-profits? I wonder if the elderly care worker who was recently caught stealing over 20k from elderly client's was employed for Eden Park Assisted Living INC? I called Mid Florida Publications and Barry Foster and both media outlets were mum when I acquired about the Anderson's and McGuire families past scandals. Barry Foster went on a tirade about Julian Deleon which was irrelevant to my inquiry. Makes one wonder how much these individuals have penetrated via persuasion on our local media outlets. Looks like journalism is one sided in our county. This whole thing stinks of cover up and collusion. Any anonymous leo inputs are welcome.

You nailed this one! They really haven't contributed anything to our community except for making the papers and trying to sue everyone. They are super nasty individuals who have generated an unprecedented amount of trouble and drama for many in the city and county. They really have a problem with gossiping and rumor spreading. You should hear some of the whoppers they tell. From accusing a local business man of insurance fraud via arson, slandering Dr. Brenda Longshore and the superintendents office, our current Sheriff and past Sheriff and the list goes on and on. Get a life! Worry about your own! Try being a productive member of society and stop with your crap!

Unregistered
04-29-2021, 02:24 AM
As if this can't get any worse. A reliable source has heard them bad mouthing Biden and his liberal agendas. They are urgently scrambling now to get registered for the pre k federal funding program to get more enrollees subsidized by wealthy tax payers. I love how all our so called local Republicans scream radical left wing conspiracies, then in secret, are relishing at the thought of being subsidized by free federal money handouts by Sleepy Joe and his endless gravy trains. Our census data states that both of the owners of Parkview Prep are registered Republicans. How politically convenient! Nothing conservative by taking hard earned money from other person's to build your business and wealth, that's socialism and it's ugly face of wealth distribution!

Unregistered
05-01-2021, 04:55 PM
As if this can't get any worse. A reliable source has heard them bad mouthing Biden and his liberal agendas. They are urgently scrambling now to get registered for the pre k federal funding program to get more enrollees subsidized by wealthy tax payers. I love how all our so called local Republicans scream radical left wing conspiracies, then in secret, are relishing at the thought of being subsidized by free federal money handouts by Sleepy Joe and his endless gravy trains. Our census data states that both of the owners of Parkview Prep are registered Republicans. How politically convenient! Nothing conservative by taking hard earned money from other person's to build your business and wealth, that's socialism and it's ugly face of wealth distribution!

Don't forget about all all the money they have been billing the scholarships and the parent's children un enrolled them for a long time now. Y'all some shady ass crooks, thieves, lying fakes and doing it all in the name of the good lord. Please have the authorities shut this business down for good! They thought they were running a good scam. Ain't that slick no more are you? Y'all know what you did wrong! 😡

Unregistered
05-03-2021, 03:33 AM
Why the hell are you posting here? What dose this have to do with Clewiston?

Unregistered
05-04-2021, 01:30 AM
All you crazies need to stop. We all know that these 2 women got exposed. We all know their Brother Garrett Anderson is a self righteous know it all a**hole. We all know Avon Park will never change and the whole town is filled with Meth Heads, pedophiles, criminals, drugs and good ole boys. I hate that we are ranked the 4th racist city in Florida too. Let the old guard die off or be voted out! There is nothing good to report about this City and businesses. They all are related and god help you if you move to this demon infested town of inbreds.

Compliments of Urban Dictionary; "I once came within a 50 mile radius of Highlands County and could feel a demon inhabiting the town and began to tear the soul from my body" - Barack Obama

Looks like President Obama knows better. This whole county is evil. KKK still strong in 863. AP has the most drama, racism and pedophiles for sure. Y'all need to lock these 2 up for real. Let me tell you it would not end good if y'all ripped your nails into my nieces and nephews arms.

Unregistered
05-04-2021, 02:19 AM
Why the hell are you posting here? What dose this have to do with Clewiston?

What does supposed corrupt city managers that like to flash their badge have to do with CPD?

Unregistered
05-04-2021, 09:14 AM
I’ve been thinking the same thing! Is this thread even about Clewiston? Who ever this person is who keeps posting on an on do you mean to post on a Clewiston site??? Sleepy Joe Biden is this you?

Unregistered
05-04-2021, 01:59 PM
Who cares? I find it very interesting. Shows everyone, including Leo's how corrupted and scandalous our community is. We are supposed to enforce laws, not cherry pick them. If citizens are corrupt and break laws, let them be exposed.

Unregistered
05-04-2021, 05:38 PM
Hi Sherri, Brittany, Candice, Alice and Stacy. Hope all is well!

Unregistered
05-05-2021, 11:05 AM
Find your site this is not the location you need to be posting no one knows what you are talk about.

Liberty prevails
05-05-2021, 02:51 PM
People are mad about the photo of Candice Anderson clawing the little red head boys arm in the photo. You obviously are trying to deflect the grave issues at hand. No arrests or prosecutions were made, and this felony child abuse caught on camera. Let someone abuse and batter your child, how would you feel? Again, law enforcement officers and prosecutors have a duty to act. Let a jury figure out whether they are innocent or guilty. This photo and the actions of Candice Anderson and Brittany McGuire sends a strong message to our community and makes one wonder why they are immune to the law? I bet if they red head boy was your child, you would be up on arms! I don't care how bad the boy's were misbehaving, adults should not put hands on any student, it is against the law!!! The special victim's unit has arrested two employee's this past month for aggravated child abuse, one at Sebring High, and the other at Park Elementary in Avon Park. How is this any different?? Please explain unregistered?

Unregistered
05-08-2021, 03:06 AM
It's not any different. This would get shuffled through the courts for 2 years, they would take a plea for a lesser charge and life moves on. I get your angry but these people are politically connected and always play the victim's card. This is not the first instance of this family being tied to questionable events or situations. Yes they are rotten, yes they should've been arrested, the Sheriff most likely stalled the trigger on this one because he can't stand the Anderson's and they would try to use his past intimate knowledge to defer prosecution and expert witness testimony. Stop giving these 2 women more reason to get on their soap boxes!

Unregistered
05-10-2021, 03:06 AM
Yup, and stay away from AP period! I can only imagine all the other shit that has went down. I remember when Sherri Anderson was trying to throw Heston, Lister and Robinson under the bus publicly in the council chambers. She also was whining about the unfair treatment that her son Garrett, (now mayor) received. They have made too many enemies locally and the caveat were all the lies they made up about Deleon to the SO criminal investigations division. It was a complete waste of time and gross mis-allocation of revenue and man power for nothing but BS! They should've 10-15 them and billed em for the fraudulent claims. That would've shut down the drama factory then. The whole bunch are the worst type of bottom feeders and parasites! Move on!

Unregistered
05-11-2021, 11:38 PM
Terry Hestin and James P. Anderson have been battling each other for years. Always been a pissin match about their construction companies bidding for jobs. AP has been the biggest Joke for decades. If you aint related or in the circle of cliques u are screwed. FYI Avon Park is ranked #1 for the lowest quality standard of life in the entire state now. All the councilmen and women brag about their achievements, voting records and accolades. They are the biggest joke to all in the county and my guess is that the majority of them will be permanently gone soon.

Unregistered
05-15-2021, 03:26 AM
Does anyone have any update on the investigation of the abuse of the red head boy from Parkview Prep Academy? I cannot get a straightforward answer from the school district, sheriffs office or DCF. Is there going to be any charges on Candice Anderson or Brittany McGuire? I cannot believe the photo of Miss Candi and that she would commit such a horrendous act, especially to a innocent child!

Unregistered
05-17-2021, 06:17 PM
No updates, still under investigation.

Unregistered
05-30-2021, 10:06 PM
Seems certain individuals are immune to our State laws and statues. I guess grown adults are allowed to claw the shit out of a child's arm? Had this been my child, it would've been game over for these 2 woman. Miss Candice Anderson and Mrs. Brittany McGuire would be working till they are 90 to pay off the lawsuit I would've rained on their little academy. Must be nice to get away with aggravated battery ona child! You 2 should be rotting in jail!

Unregistered
06-02-2021, 01:33 AM
Plus be banned from any public or private child care ever again! They tried to keep this article and photo on the hush for a long time! It was the employees who rat them out not the students. Anyone from the special victim's unit want to explain why there were no charges?

Unregistered
06-20-2021, 05:29 PM
Why would anyone in their right mind give these 2 women a free pass from prosecution from physical child abuse! What makes them so special and immune from our state laws? I hope the directors feel ashamed when they look in the mirror everyday. You have brought gross amounts of shame and humiliation to our community Parkview Prep Academy and the State Attorneys office! No one is above the law!

Misty H
07-03-2021, 02:22 PM
What a shame. I knew this family a long time ago. We attended their church, Life and Praise Ministries. Regardless, this is no justification for her digging her nails into this young childs arm. You can clearly make out the intense amount of force being used on the child's arm. She should at minimum be removed from her position. I hope no other CHILDREN have been battered by this teacher!

Unregistered
07-10-2021, 02:28 PM
What a shame. I knew this family a long time ago. We attended their church, Life and Praise Ministries. Regardless, this is no justification for her digging her nails into this young childs arm. You can clearly make out the intense amount of force being used on the child's arm. She should at minimum be removed from her position. I hope no other CHILDREN have been battered by this teacher!

The suspect who clawed the red head boys arm was Candice Anderson, one of the owners. It was not a teacher. They both lawyered up and slithered away from the charges. Do not and I repeat, do not even consider sending your kids to Parkview Prep Academy!

Unregistered
07-14-2021, 01:32 AM
Yep the whole family are trouble makers. They love drama and seem to have habitual patterns of making up stories and defaming other persons and businesses. They have lost a credibility at the SO! The boy and girls who cried wolf too many times.

This is such an understatement. I am a previous employee who worked for this toxic family run business. I cannot believe they have not been sued yet. They have nothing else better to do. They conjure up the most despicable stories about other employees, student's and their families, our city management and the local elected government. They both have a unhealthy obsession with local politics, gossiping and conspiracies. Both of the owner's have a zealous sense of entitlement, and my guess is that it stems from their brother who holds an elected office. I witnessed the friendly fake smile multiple times during student pickup to the parent they had just been bad mouthing and defaming earlier in the day! Avoid this business at all costs! And you call yourselves Christians?

Unregistered
07-23-2021, 03:13 PM
AP Krap politics, Krap families, Krap person's and Krap businesses. Both these women and thier family's have a long naughty list with APPD and the SO. Goes back to 2010 right when thier brother Garrett Anderson got elected. Avoid thier scams at all costs!

Unregistered
07-25-2021, 03:59 PM
DCF has placed a lengthy strict safety plan for both owners to adhere by. It was signed by the owner's and is in effect for the duration of life for the occupational license. All you whiners on here really screwed up a strong case the CID had going. Keep your mouths zipped from now on. Let the professionals build cases without the sideline gossiping and exposure. We work super hard on case's. The only person's effected by the blowhard comments are the victim's!

Unregistered
07-30-2021, 02:13 PM
Looks like she's trying to join her brother Garrett on the goon squad aka Avon Park City Council. Another embarrassment and conflict of interest. My god, this is narcissism at it's very best. How in the world is she going to convince the public she is the best candidate? What a joke! 🤣

Unregistered
07-30-2021, 04:03 PM
Revenge of the Walrus! Bubba Warner is back to his bag of tricks! The goon squad are scheming ways to get Schrader fired or removed. Payback and revenge is flowing through thier veins! Schrader put a dagger into the Promise Technologies scandal. Mayor Anderson is hell bent on revenge and pay back! It now is personnel! Brittany Anderson aka (Brittany McGuire) has too much baggage, collateral damages, scandals and a super rocky past. The Anderson Klan is hell bent on getting things back to normal for thier business models. If Sutherland or Grey lose, Mark will be done! Mark has been the "throne in the side" and has cost the Anderson's a lot of financial and emotional grief due to being a rule player and by the book! I hope they publish the video debates for all to see!

Unregistered
07-30-2021, 08:18 PM
City government is sleazy and easy. You get 2 types. The first type is generally caring for the majority of their constituents, citiens and their concerns. The 2nd type are usually the selfserving types who are narcissists and love power. Let's see who else gets on board for the fight. The Anderson's have major beef with Sutherland and Grey. Pass the Popcorn please, another shit show and circus! Is Walrus Greg Warner the code enforcement officer?

Unregistered
07-31-2021, 03:22 PM
Yup. Bubba is known as the Walrus. Anderson's and McGuire's lobbied for Warner back some time ago when he ran for Mayor. Now he is going to return the favor for Brittany. Another joke for all to laugh and gossip about. Anderson's have took this political shit too serious. If they are planning on running thier campaign based on their track records it will be quite the comedic event and show. Sherri Anderson is steering the ship and everything and everyone is a conspiracy or scandal. Hope she don't win. It will definitely reverse the little progress the city has made and will end Darth Schrader's reign! I can't understand how these local types believe they can make a difference? Must be a power and control thing.

Unregistered
08-06-2021, 01:28 PM
They want Schrader out ASAP! They hate him with a burning passion. He f**ked up thier goals and racketeering scams they had going with Mayor Anderson. Sutherland put her foot down and exposed the family. You r right this is now personal and they want revenge and have lost too much money with Mark steering the ship. My $ is on Sutherland and Grey. McGuire would be a perfect fit. She is just as corrupt as her brother and only cares about her and the family's businesses. What a Joke!

Unregistered
08-17-2021, 05:06 PM
It was David Flowers and Mayor Garrett Anderson who brought aboard Promise Technologies LLC. It wasn't Sutherland who exposed the nepotism and corruption, multiple citizens complained to the Council about all the job award's the Mayor's Father's company was getting that violated city laws and charters by not going out for bid. Schrader shut it down and Mayor Anderson knew he was caught. McGuire needs to win so they can keep thier hand in the cookie jar and have adequate control over their business interests and politically controlled assets in the event the Mayor losses.

Unregistered
08-21-2021, 04:44 PM
I think this is dangerous. Mrs. Brittany McGuire was sued by previous City manager Deleon. She along with her Brother, who is our current Mayor and her Mother made proven false criminal complaints to try to get Deleon fired. That in itself is a crime, and went unpunished? He didn't buy into thier innocent "I'm a Christian" routine. I think they exposed themselves and their true colors were shown for all to see. Why would anyone in their right mind want to serve on city government? What score's still need to be settled? What more needs to be gained or controlled?

What happened to her sister Candice Anderson who was photographed clawing a young student's arm with her fingernails? Why have so many individuals complained about their nasty habit of rumor spreading and defamation tactics? Does anyone here know why she wants to serve with her brother on the city council? This is very disturbing to say the least. Why can't Avon Park get their act together? These questions need to be addressed so everyone can come up with their own conclusions. When will the debates be held and where?

Unregistered
08-26-2021, 12:56 PM
Just detected this from the locals up there. The word is dat Mike is hanging signs for the waldress with wiskers. There could be vacancy soon if fat ass gets in and hires skinny ass to come run AP. with his own lawsuit in play then how would that work. This might be good for morale at clewiston as the fat man sayz that officers have no rights up there, and skinny ass is everything including the lawyer, jury, judge and excutioner. Not a well liked dude anywhere he goes.

AP candidate Warner leads in contributionsMarc Valero | Highlands Today
Published: October 20, 2013 AVON PARK - The four candidates running in the Nov. 5 city election have received a total of $7,143 in campaign contributions to date with mayoral challenger Greg "Bubba" Warner easily leading the pack with $3,348 in monetary donations.

Mayor Sharon Schuler has received $1,465 in donations for her reelection bid.

The donation totals are much closer in the city council race with challenger Jonathan Remick receiving $1,230 and incumbent Parke Sutherland receiving $1,100 in monetary donations to date according to each candidate's campaign treasurer's report summary provide by the Avon Park City Hall.

Warner's contributors include: former police chief Mike Rowan ($44.30 in-kind for labels) and former mayor Tom Macklin ($50) and his wife Tammy.Five Avon Park firefighters have contributed to Warner: Warren West ($40) and his wife Cindy, Craig Marans ($100), Lonnie Shields ($125) and his wife Janet, Clinton Culverhouse ($100) and his wife Ashley and Andy Marcy ($100) and his wife Renee.

Warner's largest contributors, with their occupations as listed on the campaign treasurer's report, include: Robert Malcolm ($320) of Sebring, manager; Erik and Brittany McGuire ($300), teacher; Entocon, Inc. ($200); Mr. & Mrs. Woods ($200), homemaker; Katherine & Eugene Gorman ($700), homemaker and Technology & Investments Inc. ($200), rental investor.

Schuler's contributors include: Stanley Wells ($100 in-kind for four signs) auto dealer, Long's Air Conditioning ($200), Avon Park Administrative Assistant Brenda Sliva ($50), Avon Park Administrative Services Director Maria Sutherland ($50), Devtech Sales ($200) and Joe Wright ($100) former councilman/dairy owner.

Schuler's largest contributors were the afore noted $200 donations.

Remick's contributors include: Avon Park firefighter Warren West ($30), Macklin ($50) and Rowan ($44.70 in-kind for labels).

Remick's largest contributors include: Entocon, Inc., ($500), agriculture consulting; Richard Emmerth ($345 in-kind for signs), Frostproof and USMC Lance Cpl. Ginger Paddock ($345 in-kind for signs).

Looks like the complaints are legit people. Straight from the media horses mouth. Connect the dots. I guess a private day care owner constitutes as a teacher? The swamp is much deeper than it appears. This appears to be revenge and a resurgence of old wounds. This looks like the deal clencher that will force the ethics commission to finally act and shut down the city charter once and for all. Good riddance and not one of them will be missed.

Unregistered
09-06-2021, 08:20 PM
Of course the complaints are legit people. Nothing worse than local politicians and the perceived power behind their agendas. I'm sure all of you complainers in here would do the same, if the opportunity presented itself. Who wouldn't want direct control and inside 10-43 on ways to better your situation on business and political deal breakers as a sneaky insider.

Unregistered
09-09-2021, 02:10 PM
Interested to know what her intent is? AP is like a revolving door when it comes to their politicians. There has to be some validity to all the complaints about the shaky history of the Anderson's. Sounds like they are trying to pull a power move. She will surely win due to the number of person's running and the abyssal turn out of the voters. Would love to see her mission statement and campaign promises.

Unregistered
09-12-2021, 09:57 PM
Ask Jim Bernard. He and the Mayor were the ones who pushed for her running. I have never seen this much corruption and collusion in a small community. I thought LaBelle and Arcadia were bad. AP takes the crown for most corrupted and nepotistic city of all.

Unregistered
09-15-2021, 03:39 PM
Just arrest both of them HCSO! Why did they get a free pass from prosecution and the child abuse laws? Let me tell you that it would've ended very badly for these women if they clawed my grandson's arm like the young red head boy in the photo. They got Highlands best private school the same year to? EVIL!

Unregistered
09-21-2021, 12:55 PM
Agreed. Why the hell were they allowed a get out of jail free card and collect $200? A lot of questions need to to be answered. Someone obviously screwed up during the investigation and they got off on a technicality. Slimy lawyers are always looking for the angle. Let the boy's Mother dish out the restitution to Miss. Anderson and Mrs. McGuire for the felony battery. Which btw is a enhancer b/c the victim is a child. Another scandal and not surprised it revolves around the Anderson name. Surprised it didn't escalate from our local news outlets. Unless they were paid hush money??

Unregistered
10-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Wish we could get a statement from Brittany McGuire or Candice Anderson regarding the photo and treatment of the red head boy in the photo? Maybe mid Florida publications could chime in as well? They act like nothing wrong happened. The elements of forced battery are strong in the documented photo. The crime of battery is enhanced to a 2nd degree felony according to the Florida State Statues and Candice should be charged at minimum!! I smell another cover up!!

Unregistered
10-07-2021, 01:59 AM
There's a special place in hell for people who hurt children. The photo clearly shows this woman clawing the young child's arm with her fingernails with excessive strength and force! She might have escaped our legal system. She is going to answer to the Lord one day! Shame on her and whoever was tasked for investigating this incident! 😡 😡 😡 I pray the boys parents have peace!

Unregistered
10-11-2021, 04:11 PM
This is such an understatement. I am a previous employee who worked for this toxic family run business. I cannot believe they have not been sued yet. They have nothing else better to do. They conjure up the most despicable stories about other employees, student's and their families, our city management and the local elected government. They both have a unhealthy obsession with local politics, gossiping and conspiracies. Both of the owner's have a zealous sense of entitlement, and my guess is that it stems from their brother who holds an elected office. I witnessed the friendly fake smile multiple times during student pickup to the parent they had just been bad mouthing and defaming earlier in the day! Avoid this business at all costs! And you call yourselves Christians?

Nailed it! These two women really do have a unhealthy obsession with local politics. I couldn't of said it any better! 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 Bravo!

Unregistered
10-13-2021, 09:33 PM
Yes they must be sick in the head. They have caused a lot drama, pain and money for the City. Now she wants to participate in government when she has bad mouthed AP city government for a long time now??? Please explain Mrs. McGuire!

Unregistered
10-15-2021, 02:57 PM
McGuire wants to give back to her community? I have never seen her active in any city or community events. She has been big on fund raising for her and the family's business financial interests only. Most of the businesses are 501 3c platforms which rely heavily on grants and tax payer subsidiaries. I wonder what her true motives are? No one jumps into any sort of politics without an agenda or purpose. Our previous council representatives have proven this time and time again. Sound's like she is saying what the rest of the candidates are saying. " I want to give back to the community" how typical and really doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. This election smells more funny than the past one's. How embarrassing!

Unregistered
10-15-2021, 07:14 PM
More reason for her to run. There should be a law that bans any persons who operate or own a 501 3c from running in any form of government. They are tax evaders plain and simple! They are nothing more than a bunch of legal money smugglers and tax cheater's! They take from the hard earning bee workers and reap the benefits of not being liable for any taxes. Good God, please help AP tax payers!

Unregistered
10-17-2021, 03:02 PM
That's your opinion!! McGuire wants to give back to her community, what's wrong with that?

Unregistered
10-29-2021, 08:47 PM
Does anyone question why Parkview is losing students & staff members hand over fist? They can’t keep their heads above water running that school, but they want your money to build more. Let’s take a look at the teachers salaries vs their personal vehicle payments.

Unregistered
11-02-2021, 06:07 PM
They got over 190k in PPP loans. I'm quite sure the bulk of the money went to the owners and operators of the non-profit in the form of back pay and or retention bonuses. They are playing a very dangerous game getting into politics. The IRS strictly forbids any domestic non-profit owner or co-owner campaigning for one or another.

The pay to the employees is a joke, but this place is a private day care. Too many red flags have been raised and it's in one big smoke screen for their political exploits and aspirations. The media refuses to cross examine the ethics and behaviors that have been perpetuated by the Anderson's. Their is no rhyme or reason for anyone to take them seriously on a political or personal bases at all.

Unregistered
11-14-2021, 05:31 PM
Give me, give me, give me. Please give us your hard earned money! So that way we don't have to work for anything! That sums it up people. These people are laughing all the way to the bank. The joke was on us! Many were fooled into believing that the cause was just and godly for the good of our community. The truth is always revealed by the good lord!