PDA

View Full Version : Israel Voted

09-23-2013, 02:41 AM
Congrats to you BSO guys! You must all be proud of your Sheriff! Of all the Sheriff's in Florida, yours is the ONLY one who wants to violate the US Constitution he swore to defend with more gun control AND the only one who went out on his own against the FSA to repeal Stand Your Ground. I hope you guys are proud! You really should be! He is the laughing stock & most hated Sheriff in Florida! Better u than me! Cya & stay safe, a proud Brother from a real Sheriff's Office in FL!

09-23-2013, 11:38 AM
He supports reasonable gun control, which doesn't violate the constitution. And he is far from the only sheriff in Florida to do so. As of last count in news stories about a half dozen Florida sheriffs shared his views including some Republicans.

Remember, the person most likely to have a criminal point a gun at is one of US. It's already happened several times this year with our OIS's. Stay safe.

09-24-2013, 02:22 AM
Survey Finds Law Enforcement United Against Gun Control

Posted on April 8, 2013
Print

99 Percent Believe "Assault Weapons" Ban is Not Most Important
Measure to Stop Mass Shootings

FAIRFAX, Va. – PoliceOne.com released today the results of an extensive survey of about 15,000 active and retired law enforcement officers of all ranks and from departments ranging in size from less than 25 to more than 1,000.

These results strongly show that law enforcement officers do not support President Obama’s gun control agenda. They do, however, strongly support the Right-to-Carry by law-abiding Americans. The survey respondents are united in their desire for politicians to focus on keeping firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill and to reject unconstitutional gun control measures that infringe on Second Amendment rights.

“The American people, and particularly the members of law enforcement, want politicians in Washington to stop pursuing a failed political agenda and get to work fixing our broken mental health system, improving school security, and getting criminals off the streets,” said the executive director of NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox.

The following are some key findings:

99 percent said policies other than an “assault weapons” ban are most important to prevent mass shootings.
Almost 96 percent said that a ban on standard capacity magazines would not reduce violent crime.
More than 91 percent stated that the use of a firearm in the commission of a crime should have stiff, mandatory sentences, and no plea-bargains.
More than 91 percent stated they supported the Right-to-Carry by law abiding Americans.
More than 81 percent said that “gun buy-backs” do not reduce gun violence.
80 percent believe legally armed citizens can reduce casualties in incidents of mass violence.
Nearly 80 percent said that a ban on private transfers of firearms between law-abiding citizens would not reduce violent crime.
More than 76 percent indicated that legally armed citizens are important to reducing crime.
More than 76 percent support the arming of trained and qualified teachers or administrators who volunteer to carry a firearm.
More than 70 percent said that a ban on “assault weapons” would not reduce violent crime.
More than 70 percent opposed the idea of a national registry of legal gun sales.
Nearly 68 percent said magazine capacity restrictions would negatively affect them personally.
More than 60 percent said that the passage of Obama’s gun control legislation would not improve officer safety. :cop:

Click here to read the complete survey: http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_ ... y_2013.pdf (http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf)

09-24-2013, 02:27 AM
The liberal armpit of Florida. ...what do u expect..this administration wont approve load bearing vests for our safety either...we are lucky we have guns.

09-24-2013, 02:39 AM
The liberal armpit of Florida. ...what do u expect..this administration wont approve load bearing vests for our safety either...we are lucky we have guns.

STFU Rookie! A load bearing vest will not save you life azz wipe. A vest will save your life. Not all of the crap attached on the outside. I can't stand you dumb azz rookies begging for an outer vest. There are a lot more important thing out there than that. More money, better benefits, better retirement, etc..... I could care less about an outer vest. Now if he gives them to us freely and willingly, so be it. But stop whinning.....you make us all look like babies. Be safe and wear you vest!

09-24-2013, 03:24 AM

STFU Rookie! A load bearing vest will not save you life azz wipe. A vest will save your life. Not all of the crap attached on the outside. I can't stand you dumb azz rookies begging for an outer vest. There are a lot more important thing out there than that. More money, better benefits, better retirement, etc..... I could care less about an outer vest. Now if he gives them to us freely and willingly, so be it. But stop whinning.....you make us all look like babies. Be safe and wear you vest!

I got a better idea Deputy Really. No 10-50's, No F.I Stops, Be reactive and not proactive, and most importantly, Bravo all calls and you don't even need a vest.

The check is direct deposited every 2 weeks no matter what you do.

TO HELL WITH BROWARD COUNTY AND **** BSO

09-24-2013, 04:27 AM

I got a better idea Deputy Really. No 10-50's, No F.I Stops, Be reactive and not proactive, and most importantly, Bravo all calls and you don't even need a vest.

The check is direct deposited every 2 weeks no matter what you do.

TO HELL WITH BROWARD COUNTY AND **** BSO

Well wrong answer! I'm far from the best and far from the worst. But I still know I was hired to do a job 18 yrs ago. I still do it to this day, and I think very well. I'm just sick and tired of the bickering about not have load bearing vests, having green shirts, etc..... I get it about going with the flow or getting with the times. We should be coming together as one for the better. Whether it be short term or long term. And not stupid crap like, vests. Again, another pay step, raises, better benefits, better retirement package. I would care less what I wore, to an extent as long as I get a good retirement when I leave. Remember vest boys, you are the minority throughout the county, meaning all agencies. Remember you still have to maintain a professional and approachable appearance. Now cotton uniforms or something not as hot, bring it on. But please stop acting like a five yr old who can't get a candy bar at the register and throwing a tantrum. It makes us all look like crap in BSO! If you didnt like the uniform, im sure ft laud or lauderhill is still hiring. You can wear the tough boy vests there. Again, be safe and wear them!

09-24-2013, 06:37 PM
All this noise and opposition against the safety request for deputies to have the option to purchase and wear the load bearing vest is beyond sad. You are trying to tie one issue to another (vests to raises) in an attempt to cloud the issue...it won't work.