PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Wants Deputies Cited for Accident

09-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Someone please tell me it's not true???? It has been spreading around like wildfire since the sad accident in Pompano. The Sheriff said to insiders that politically he has been taking too much heat and needs a way to win back people in Broward and the way to do it is to start citing Deputies involved in accidents because people will like that COPS are getting tickets. WTF!!!! This Sheriff has lost his marbles.......

09-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Total fiction.

09-12-2013, 03:03 PM
You and and everyone you know should be ashamed in the shit you are putting on here. This is a lie.

09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
So tell me? If a police officer is at fault and causes an accident why shouldn't he or she receive a citation? If you were a civilian or off duty you would get one. Are on duty LEO's legally exempted from receiving tickets? that's news to me!

09-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Go away reporter troll. We don't always cite people in signal 4's, I don't unless I witnessed the infraction. Go away and let this deputy get better first, then you can hunt for your story, azz

09-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Go away reporter troll. We don't always cite people in signal 4's, I don't unless I witnessed the infraction. Go away and let this deputy get better first, then you can hunt for your story, azz

You don't issue citations on Sig:4 investigations unless YOU WITNESS the infraction??????

Serious injuries, or likely to die or extensive property damage... At Fault driver identified by the evidence and/or witnesses ----- No Citation unless you witnessed the infraction (which caused the Sig:4)??????????

WOW!

09-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Yep. Serious injuries or death are going to be investigated by THI, I'm just the primary. Dumb azz

09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
You don't cite unless you witness the accident? You shouldn't be a cop, It's called ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION, investigate and cite the responsible person. That means you also don't arrest felons based on probable cause supported by physical evidence or witness testimony! I got you pegged, you're a slug!! I seriously doubt any cop would go to the hospital and tuck the ticket in the officer's hospital gown. Get a new job slug!

09-12-2013, 09:37 PM
You don't cite unless you witness the accident? You shouldn't be a cop, It's called ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION, investigate and cite the responsible person. That means you also don't arrest felons based on probable cause supported by physical evidence or witness testimony! I got you pegged, you're a slug!! I seriously doubt any cop would go to the hospital and tuck the ticket in the officer's hospital gown. Get a new job slug!

Hey Rocket Queen, if you didn't witness the accident and there are no independent witnesses the judge tosses the ticket...so we don't bang the citizen with writing the ticket making them miss a day of work in this economy or hire a lawyer, and we don't fleece you taxpayers with my court overtime for showing up at court off duty since half of us work when you sleep.....Got it?....

09-12-2013, 10:11 PM
One of the reasons cops are not cited for wrecks in the company car is we are subject to department discipline. That amounts to essentially if not actual double jeopardy

09-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Double jeopardy only attaches in Criminal Proceedings and even if the ticket is criminal, the agency has the right to discipline you, one is criminal the other administrative. As you might well know, even if one of us is criminally charge with a crime and acquitted, you can still be disciplined.

09-12-2013, 10:30 PM
That's what I always loved about so many BSO Deputies, they always had an excuse for everything, SLUGS!!!!!

09-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Don't respond. This is a reporter.

09-21-2013, 03:08 AM
YOUR A SHAMEFULL FOWL, I MEAN FOUL, I MEAN FOOOUL, PERSON> IN NYPD WE KNEW HOW TO RIGHT REEL GOOD YA KNOW?????

09-21-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't write it either unless I have independent wheel witness. just saying

09-21-2013, 12:46 PM
please let this thread die. total fiction. si never said this. 'cmon guys , get alife.

09-21-2013, 03:39 PM
they can write tickets to a Deputy if they want, however if they do they can not have a accident review board double jeopardy

09-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Cop in North Carolina shoots reported burglar, who was UNARMED.......Cop gets arrested. :cop:

3 Cops in Coconut Creek shoot at reported burglar, who was unarmed........NOT EVEN AN INVESTIGATION....... :shock:

Yet, a 4 page I.A. and countless hours/salary for alledged DAVID misuse?? :lol: