PDA

View Full Version : Don Prichard for Sheriff 2016

09-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Vote for Don Prichard in 2016. He had nothing but good intentions for the agency and employees. He helped with fleet, baseball caps, and for those of you remember the D7 Deputy that command would not give off for his sisters wedding, he offered to cover all of the Deputy's shifts so he can attend. Check your old emails. Don is a 10-8 guy!

09-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Thank you so much Sean!

09-02-2013, 10:49 PM
He has my vote. I did another stupid thing by making DiPerna XO, I should of kept Prichard.

09-02-2013, 11:37 PM
He has my vote. I did another stupid thing by making DiPerna XO, I should of kept Prichard.
Diperna is worthless. He is only for himself. I'm sorry he supported Scott.

09-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I agree....Don for Sheriff 2016...He's connected as well...I believe he has$$$$ a Bergeron connection

09-03-2013, 02:52 PM
I agree....He has our interests in mind! He is connected, but he is also one of us. Not a Captain, Major, Colonel, or clown, but a real road man!

09-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Don is a great guy.

09-03-2013, 04:19 PM
OK, Don is a good guy... I am sure of that. He is not Sheriff material at all.

09-03-2013, 06:39 PM
ok, then what is Sheriff material? Spewing out BS promises? Telling lies? Hiring for political favors at high salaries? Ruining the department and morale?

At least with Don, he is a hard working educated person who knows the reality of the agency. The last thing we need is another empire builder politician like Jenne, or a clueless guy that don't care about anyone but himself and his friends like Israel. As for Lamberti, at least he was kinda sorta, but not really a deputy.

09-03-2013, 08:44 PM
For starters it takes more than one person to pull BSO together. The sheriff needs to be a true leader with a flexible plan to keep the agency on track. Just as important he needs to bring in or develop in house talent that can do the job, not friends or repaying favors.
He needs a finance director who can correctly advise him on the status of the budget and what the yearly and long term funding and liabilities are. Equally important is the command structure. Anyone familiar with the concept of the inverted pyramid would understand that those on the front lines in both dle and detention get top priority for staffing, equipment etc. listen to the troops, they have great ideas. Be part of their solutions not their problem.
Everybody know somebody who they would perhaps like to see get the top spot but most candidates mentioned have or will have a lot of baggage they bring along. The below is a suggested reference guide that should help in the selection of who should be supported.
Qualities wanted in a Sheriff:
1. Honesty is right up on top
2. Un corruptible....power corrupts absolute power absolutely. Look at any sheriff in the past, the more power they felt the worse they acted.
3. Common sense
4. Serve others rather than being self serving.
5. Make the job fun again....people who are appreciated and are allowed to do their job will do it because they want to and do it well.....what a concept!
6. Gain respect by being respectful of those you work with and those you serve.
7. Take nothing or favors from anyone who wants something in return unless it is the full spirit of cooperation for the public good not for personal gain.
8. Someone who will unselfishly help to groom those who will have a positive effect on the agency's future.
9. Be fair to all and be above board with promotions, transfers, assignments etc.
10. Leave the place, when it is time, in a better state than when they came.
That is what you should look for.

09-04-2013, 05:46 AM
He would have approved the load bearing vests that's for sure...great humble man that cares about our safety over public politics. ..

09-04-2013, 11:03 AM
I think Don can do it if given the support by our folks at a grass roots level. If I recall he was thinking of running for state senator or house. I think you described Don to a tee!

09-04-2013, 06:05 PM
He has my vote!

09-05-2013, 02:56 AM
BSO needs an appointed non political Sheriff... The organization has been running without guidance and a plan for too many years... A real law enforcement leader with the power to make changes and not worry about politics or paybacks will get the place back on track. A four year "change agent" with the freedom and intellect to make the hard decisions is the only thing that will save BSO.

09-05-2013, 11:20 AM
BSO needs an appointed non political Sheriff... The organization has been running without guidance and a plan for too many years... A real law enforcement leader with the power to make changes and not worry about politics or paybacks will get the place back on track. A four year "change agent" with the freedom and intellect to make the hard decisions is the only thing that will save BSO.

And who do you propose appoints the sheriff? The corrupt county commission? That adds even more politics and favors as to who the commission owes a favor too. Let the taxpayers choose the right person for the job. Don would have my vote too!!!

09-05-2013, 02:33 PM
He got my vote! He has always done right in my book!

09-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Oh, you mean the Don Prichard who committed perjury in the Arbitration Hearing and was like the only guy in BSO history where BSO actually won the arbitration. And thats the guy's IA file that they 'forgot" to send to Tallahassee as required by law. Yea stand up guy in the same league with Ken, AL and Scott. He will fit right in! He's got my vote (IF he makes me a Lt. General or Admiral!) otherwise i am voting for someone else.

09-06-2013, 10:22 AM
He is better than the criminals that are planning to run....SI, Louie, and Al!

09-06-2013, 06:43 PM
I'd really like to hear Don's thoughts on this. Some people here have penis envy because Don was an XO for Al, and they weren't.

I think being the XO is a good jumping point for Don, as he saw what being Sheriff was about, and did the ground work without being political

09-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Got my vote!

09-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I've worked with Don. He sees the big picture. Straight shooter. I'm in. Don in 2016. Now......let the bashing begin.

09-09-2013, 11:37 AM
It would seem the bashing already started...Ask Tubby!

09-09-2013, 11:53 AM
one of the biggest things I would want to hear from a sheriff's candidate is getting rid of all these Disney captains that were brought in from Fort Lauderdale Police and let rank-and-file BSO career people woek their way up the ranks.. and also get rid of the Fast Pass promotions where deputies in sergeants become command staff with the flick of the pen bypassing Union grade ranks like sergeant and Lieutenantthis kind of stuff did so much damage in the first 90 days it's ridiculous

then you need to do something about the specialt units...honest hardworking career deputies have no fair shot at places like SET and SID unless they are on one of the Disney captains Facebook friends lists

09-11-2013, 02:16 PM
We need Don NOW! SI is destroying this dept one fiber at a time. He is the dumbest person ever in an elected office.

09-11-2013, 02:29 PM
We need Don NOW! SI is destroying this dept one fiber at a time. He is the dumbest person ever in an elected office.

Shut up, lamer.

09-12-2013, 12:57 AM
He's got my vote if he ever decides to run.

09-12-2013, 01:09 AM
I know Don and he's a great dude. If he is considering it, why would you idiots put him out here on Leoaffairs? It takes a special dude to handle you idiots critiquing his every move, looking for a crack in the armor. Ignore these dudes Don, you were stand up at Fausts funeral. Stay strong and ignore the peanut gallery.

09-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Tubby....Maybe Don does check this board, did you ever think of that? This place unfortunately is the pulse of BSO where people can speak up, even the cowards. But since certain people alerted the media, to this site which directed the civilians and other losers here we have had issues. Some people just can't grow up! Don is 10-8 and I would support him in a heartbeat!

09-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Count me in...I will put a sign on my lawn for Don!

09-14-2013, 03:39 AM
I know Don and he's a great dude. If he is considering it, why would you idiots put him out here on Leoaffairs? It takes a special dude to handle you idiots critiquing his every move, looking for a crack in the armor. Ignore these dudes Don, you were stand up at Fausts funeral. Stay strong and ignore the peanut gallery.
STFU

09-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Russ....will you please go away! Don is more of a man and Deputy than you ever were or ever could be!

09-16-2013, 11:21 AM
I'd like to hear how DOn would deal with the Health Care issue, the contract cities, and the budget. And before you jump in Tubby....we all know about the vests, the cars, and the pants with black stripes.....all that matters to you!

09-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I'd like to hear how DOn would deal with the Health Care issue, the contract cities, and the budget. And before you jump in Tubby....we all know about the vests, the cars, and the pants with black stripes.....all that matters to you!

Just curious....why would Tubby support ANYONE but SI "for the next 20 years"

09-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Got my vote!

09-23-2013, 06:13 PM
I bet Don would of had our vests long before now! :cop:

09-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Seriously, has anyone even spoken to Don about this?

09-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Don would do a good job!

11-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Don in 2016!

11-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Congrats Don on your return to the PSB, joining team Israel is going to be the best move you ever made. The info you gave about Lamedirti and his co-conspirators will be put to good use. Sheriff Israel has all the right people in place now and will be our Sheriff for many years to come.

11-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Congrats Don on your return to the PSB, joining team Israel is going to be the best move you ever made. The info you gave about Lamedirti and his co-conspirators will be put to good use. Sheriff Israel has all the right people in place now and will be our Sheriff for many years to come.

Don is a nice guy, but that's as far as one should go. When your short career is peppered with conflict and controversy you should not be casting stones. How did he get back to the PSB? I guess uncle Ron Bergeron and his conversation with the Sheriff worked for you. It is either that or are you saying that because he is snitching on Lamberti he deserves a cake job at the PSB?

As far as Lamberti goes, he got just what he deserved, he forgot where he came from, neglected the needs of the troops and lost the election to a man that couldn't write a police report if his life depended on it!

The only "Team" team Israel can be compared with might be the Dolphins. A bunch of bullies that continually make the wrong decisions.

It is very clear when the Sheriff removed "Integrity" from the BSO credo that his intentions were to conduct business without any.

11-23-2013, 01:51 PM

Jealous slugs making up stories again. Don is 10-8 and not political. Maybe they brought him back simply because he was best qualified for whatever it is he is doing now.

11-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Not all the right people are in place. Still some Benedict Arnolds in the mix. Better watch out come campaign time.

11-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Danny Marks is going to make a run at it too

11-24-2013, 02:59 AM
So what exactly is Don doing at the PSB?

01-01-2014, 01:00 PM
DP would do anything for the men, unlike the useless dirtbags we have now!

03-10-2014, 11:51 AM
I heard the word Don is interested. He has campaign experience!

03-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Here's a guy I could actually get behind, but I'm not sure that being a sergeant gives him the managerial experience to run an agency with 6000+employees and a 700,000,000+ budget.

03-10-2014, 11:29 PM
I heard the word Don is interested. He has campaign experience!

I really don't think Don will attempt a run for sheriff just yet. First, he is a democrat and it would be ill advised to challenge the very popular and well liked incumbant in a primary. Secondly, I do believe that he wants to run for sheriff, and he will ... but not in 2016.

03-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Currently your very popular and well liked incumbent has no chance in winning any primary.

03-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Currently your very popular and well liked incumbent has no chance in winning any primary.

Thanks Lameberti for your input you putz. :roll:

03-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Here's a guy I could actually get behind, but I'm not sure that being a sergeant gives him the managerial experience to run an agency with 6000+employees and a 700,000,000+ budget.

and you think SI from his little PD does? He never even showed up for work! :evil:

03-11-2014, 10:29 AM

and you think SI from his little PD does? He never even showed up for work! :evil:
even our president is faking his way through it.

03-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I would support Don!

04-02-2014, 03:21 AM
Great guy! Will rise like a Phoenix!

04-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I agree. Has anyone spoken to Don about it? I think with the backing of the rank and file, we can make this real!

04-02-2014, 10:21 AM
2016 will be wide open, especially with the dem primary. it's anybody's to take.

04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
It is never "wide open" when an incumbent is seeking reelection. Any incumbent, any office. Just a fact. Israel is probably sheriff for as long as he wants it, unless he majorly f's up (and Bob Norman stories don't even come close).

04-02-2014, 11:42 PM
I agree. Has anyone spoken to Don about it? I think with the backing of the rank and file, we can make this real!

Don will not run against the incumbent. Don is a democrat and has enough sense not to muddy the coffee of the only political party that has balls!

When Sheriff Israel is done with his charge, Don will still be young enough to grab the brass ring, and I'll be there to help him.

04-03-2014, 12:17 AM

Don will not run against the incumbent. Don is a democrat and has enough sense not to muddy the coffee of the only political party that has balls!

When Sheriff Israel is done with his charge, Don will still be young enough to grab the brass ring, and I'll be there to help him.
Well it would be nice if he could stop the bleeding sooner :(

04-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Hopefully SI will be with the alphabet men soon! I think he is a one term sheriff period!

04-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Hopefully SI will be with the alphabet men soon! I think he is a one term sheriff period!

Sorry, sport, but Israel is probably sheriff for life (unless he really f's up, and he hasn't come remotely close).

04-03-2014, 03:27 PM
People lets be real. Don may be a nice kid but has no experience in running a district let alone an agency. Its great that he wants to help out but he has some baggage, was promoted because of connections, and cant speak worth a Dan. Your fooling yourself even talking about this. He is no different then other deputies in the past talking about it. Zero experience as a leader

04-03-2014, 09:17 PM
People lets be real. Don may be a nice kid but has no experience in running a district let alone an agency. Its great that he wants to help out but he has some baggage, was promoted because of connections, and cant speak worth a Dan. Your fooling yourself even talking about this. He is no different then other deputies in the past talking about it. Zero experience as a leader

You just described the current boss.

04-03-2014, 11:38 PM
deja vu

04-04-2014, 10:16 AM

You just described the current boss.

Ditto...SI is no different. The difference is the troops like Don! What experience did Ken Felon Have? Would you rather have a political machine? Remember SI is KJ's puppet!

04-06-2014, 11:01 AM
He would get my vote!