PDA

View Full Version : Employee Discounts Section removed from BSO Informant!

08-15-2013, 01:05 AM
The "Employee Discount List" was taken down from the BSO information a few days ago.

So apparently Command Staff thinks they are the only ones allowed to receive "discounts".

The little section we had on the BSO Information that showed Discounts for BSO Employees, including places that BSO pays for, such as Tickets at Work, and BJs, was taken down after the Sheriff's email about not taking gifts.

So basically, if a private business wants to discount things for LEOs, we are being ordered not to accept the discount? I assume it's wrong for businesses to offer discounts to Seniors, Florida Residents, Military, Fire Rescue, and Children too, right?

What a crock of boloney. Sheriff, what's got into you? I mean seriously...how petty!

Also, regarding the law, accepting a discount for merchandise is NOT a bribe and not considered public officials accepting gifts. The reason for this is because it does not have anything to do with the performance or commission of our work related duties. We do not offer BJs, Verizon, etc. specialized treatment because they give us a discount.

08-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Ahoy mates!

I dont care what the old sheriff says, everyone at BSO is welcomed on the SS Minnow anytime for free! Its not a gift. you are all my new best friends!!

08-15-2013, 11:38 AM
After he take $190,000 gift, oh excuse me, it was not a gift as he paid a whole $1,500 for it, now he is acting like we are the problem with discounts.

what a joke

08-15-2013, 04:36 PM
The discounts are still there!

08-16-2013, 06:57 AM

No they aren't.....

if they're still there, where on the informant???

08-16-2013, 12:01 PM
After he take $190,000 gift, oh excuse me, it was not a gift as he paid a whole $1,500 for it, now he is acting like we are the problem with discounts.

what a joke
would this rule be retro active back to the day at the galleria mall where he helped himself to merchadise without paying?

08-16-2013, 12:46 PM

No they aren't.....

if they're still there, where on the informant???

On the HR/Benefits page.

08-16-2013, 12:48 PM
... Although I will admit I had to look around to see where it got moved after they redesigned the page. But it is still there.

Unregistered
08-06-2021, 02:43 PM
The sky is falling thanks chicken little

Unregistered
08-06-2021, 04:10 PM
The "Employee Discount List" was taken down from the BSO information a few days ago.

So apparently Command Staff thinks they are the only ones allowed to receive "discounts".

The little section we had on the BSO Information that showed Discounts for BSO Employees, including places that BSO pays for, such as Tickets at Work, and BJs, was taken down after the Sheriff's email about not taking gifts.

So basically, if a private business wants to discount things for LEOs, we are being ordered not to accept the discount? I assume it's wrong for businesses to offer discounts to Seniors, Florida Residents, Military, Fire Rescue, and Children too, right?

What a crock of boloney. Sheriff, what's got into you? I mean seriously...how petty!

Also, regarding the law, accepting a discount for merchandise is NOT a bribe and not considered public officials accepting gifts. The reason for this is because it does not have anything to do with the performance or commission of our work related duties. We do not offer BJs, Verizon, etc. specialized treatment because they give us a discount.

This means that Tony took a gift he shouldn’t of so the entire department suffers. Fuk this guy someone take him down already

Unregistered
08-06-2021, 06:18 PM
This means that Tony took a gift he shouldn’t of so the entire department suffers. Fuk this guy someone take him down already
Club Bliss still allows us to cum in for free with a small bottle of anal lube purchase

Unregistered
08-07-2021, 05:04 PM
Club Bliss still allows us to cum in for free with a small bottle of anal lube purchase

That's effin funny!