PDA

View Full Version : Vests vests vests!

08-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Guys, I've been one of the biggest proponents of the LBV but give it a rest already!
Posts on this website will not help.

08-14-2013, 03:17 AM
But you don't understand, these little twerps that got beat up all through high school now have a badge and a gun, and they want to look as bad ass as they can. Do you not understand, it isn't about comfort, loadbearing, or any other reason other than looking like a tough-guy. These outer vests are a great way for the sheriff to save money. If you make it a rule that you can wear a tough-guy outer vest, but only if you take a 20% pay cut, these guys will actually go for it. They would gladly sacrifice pay for "looking cool", it is a win/win for everyone, the tough-guys and the tax payers!

08-14-2013, 04:42 AM
does it bother you if they look cool ?

08-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Is this really all you people think about all day? vest vest vest vest vest vest vest

08-14-2013, 08:36 PM
a sign of the times. all these clowns were hired around 8-10 yrs ago.

08-14-2013, 08:48 PM
the Sheriff gave Commissioner Sharief $350,000 of our LETF money for a Homeless Tracking System has nothing to do with her driving voters to the polls and supporting him during the election ( i am taking in account she hates lamberti so that was some motivation also).

$350,000 would have bought a lot of vests. oh well, maybe we can take them off the homeless guys since we are now tracking them.

08-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Hey my taxes and insurance keep going up I'm going into one of those shelters! Hell with it all

08-14-2013, 11:16 PM
But you don't understand, these little twerps that got beat up all through high school now have a badge and a gun, and they want to look as bad ass as they can. Do you not understand, it isn't about comfort, loadbearing, or any other reason other than looking like a tough-guy. These outer vests are a great way for the sheriff to save money. If you make it a rule that you can wear a tough-guy outer vest, but only if you take a 20% pay cut, these guys will actually go for it. They would gladly sacrifice pay for "looking cool", it is a win/win for everyone, the tough-guys and the tax payers!
This was pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh.

08-15-2013, 12:49 AM

What are you talking about? Are you even a cop? I highly doubt it.

You are against technological progress? You are against better, safer, more comfortable, more durable, and more efficient equipment for LEOs? Does the autopistol scare you? Do LED lights instead of bubble lights scare you? Does the MDT scare you? Does anything other than a Dodge Diplomat scare you? Do you feel scared of TASERs? Are you afraid of LPRS, Lojacks, and GPS?

All of these items are technological advancements which were put in place to make our lives better, safer, more comfortable, efficient, or safer.

An outer load-bearing vest would not only make us more comfortable and safer (with composite plates), but also would make us more efficient. If we are buying it for ourselves, the taxpayer doesn't have to buy anything - which means it simply does nothing more make us a better department overall.

You remind me of the old-timers we had in the 1980s who were raving like lunatics when we finally agreed to go to the autopistol from the revolver. "OH that gun is terrible, what are you a commando? It will jam all the time, it's worthless. You just think you're the terminator don't you. If you need more than 6 shots you better start running, kid."

Now, 30 years later, ALL you see is autopistols. The only people I see carrying revolvers are Wakenhut security.

The same will be said of modern uniforms. We now have moisture wicking materials (like under armour), that are NOT FLAMMABLE, fast drying, much more comfortable, etc. We also have nylon gear pouches which weigh less and are more durable. We also have outer load bearing vests which allow us to protect ourselves better with an increased coverage area and also the ability to add composite rifle plates to protect against rifle threats. Not to mention, outer load bearing vests greatly increase mobility, comfort, and reduce back/leg/hip occurrences of injuries/pain.

So the only reason I can think of, that anyone would NOT want to improve our technology and our gear, is someone who inherently hates the police and wants us to be at a disadvantage on the street. The only person who would feel that way, is most likely a criminal and has spent much of his/her life behind bars or running from us.

That being said - if you are not a friend of the law in general, you have no business commenting on what equipment we should or should not use.