PDA

View Full Version : hiring for a year, why isnt it closed?

07-07-2013, 09:53 PM
i see that you guys have been hiring for a year.

whats taking so long for you guys to get enough applicants for your department?

im a p.o with experience interested in applying to your department but the lengthy hiring announcement has me thinking twice, obviously something is going on with the benefits or department.

Thanks in advance for the heads up.

07-14-2013, 02:57 AM
Listen....If you want to work as a Gables PO then stay in the process. There is no question that benefits are important. However, if you are worried only about benefits then police work really isn't in your heart. Everyone in the public sector is going through some type of pension reform or financial crunch. Think of being a COP first and then everything will fall into place.

08-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks for your generic answer but obviously you are either brass or a rookie cop that still drinks kool aid for lunch.

anyways, ill start it off from what ive dug up myself by asking around........

you guys need to work 30 years, not only 25 years for the pension, so the pension has changed.

you guys have issues with your chief..

you guys lost your 4 10's

Anything else?

and Yes, you will find problems with people and problems with benefits everywhere you go (why else would i be inquiring about coral gables while i work for another leo agency?) but im interested in seeing what benefit issues are going on here? Maybe its worth taking Coral Gables PD crap rather than XYZ department's crap because the benefits are better at the gables.

and of course, lets be honest man, you guys have been openly hiring for more than a year, thats almost unheard of for any leo agency let alone coral gables.

thanks for the any info anyone wants to share.