PDA

View Full Version : FAIL

05-31-2013, 08:00 PM
WTH is going on.

06-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Ask the corporal commander.

06-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Is anyone going to talk to the chief and tell him the truth about Dorman? How is he so blind?

07-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Like HE cares.

07-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Dorman is great! If you don't believe me-ask him. He'll tell you.

07-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Are you freakin kidding me? That will run off a few dozen more people.

07-10-2013, 01:55 AM
What's wrong with Dorman?

07-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Can someone name what's right?!?!?

07-11-2013, 02:38 AM
Name something thats wrong.

07-11-2013, 02:43 AM
Name something thats wrong.

07-13-2013, 12:18 AM
whoever asked that question obviously doesn't work at BPD.

07-13-2013, 05:33 AM
I've never had any issues with him at all so I'm not sure what everyone is crying about.

07-16-2013, 01:31 AM
How about his constant lies to "advance" himself in the eyes of the chief? He's told numerous people about his experience in narcotics. Which is what? Street level like the rest of us? Or the fact that he's worked "hundreds" of THI investigations. I've been around for quite a number of years, and in my tenure, we've had maybe 20. And I don't recall him working any of those. Or his "assistance" with the accreditation process when Spenser and Susan did it. He did nothing more than anyone on patrol did. He has an issue with lying. Compulsively. Try telling the truth. He's an intelligent man and has the ability to do the job, but why lie about your credentials. You're no better than anyone else. I have an issue with his integrity. Oh, and telling people he will "discuss their employment status" for calling in when they have time to take? :shock:

07-16-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm 80% sure BD is full of BS.

07-16-2013, 08:04 PM
You mean to tell me he wasn't contacted by FHP and requested to "parallel" their T.H.I. Investigation? He didn't make five D.U.I. Arrests in one night? He wasn't struck by lighting while on duty? He didn't.........oh never mind this is gonna take too long.

07-16-2013, 11:22 PM
He is the cousin of Lars Ulrich people!!!!!! Need i say more? He told me himself. :D

07-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Eventually BD's ego will write a check his a$$ can't cash. Remember karma is a B....

07-22-2013, 11:11 PM
The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. —Kenneth Blanchard

07-25-2013, 03:07 AM
Sounds like someone is just looking for a reason to b****. Just like all the other City people who live to just ***** instead of work together like a team. We're all in this together. Nobody's getting raises because that lazy ass City Manager won't stop smoking cigars and finish the damn pay study. Everyone is frustrated for many reasons. The morale is the worst I've ever seen. So leave Joe alone, he's in the fish bowl too and he's doing just fine. I honestly think that if you have a problem with Joe you just have a problem with authority all together.

07-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Sounds like someone is just looking for a reason to b****. Just like all the other City people who live to just ***** instead of work together like a team. We're all in this together. Nobody's getting raises because that lazy ass City Manager won't stop smoking cigars and finish the damn pay study. Everyone is frustrated for many reasons. The morale is the worst I've ever seen. So leave Joe alone, he's in the fish bowl too and he's doing just fine. I honestly think that if you have a problem with Joe you just have a problem with authority all together.

Reread the post, not *****ing about JH, worried about the influence of BD. Most of us realize JH is doing all he can but that BD is something else.

08-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Once you lose your integrity in this profession, you have lost everything. You may hang around for a few years and continue to cover lies with more lies, but eventually it will all come crashing down. At that point it doesn't matter how intelligent you are or what type of degree you have, it's over. There is too much at stake now for the truth not to come out. With the added responsibility placed upon certain people, it will be awful embarrassing for department heads when they finally see through the B.S. and realize they should have listened when employees spoke. Ask the S.A. How important he thinks integrity is in law enforcement.

08-10-2013, 12:47 PM
The city manager is certainly a problem. The pay study has been completed for some time but has been shelved due to lack of funding. He refuses to consider raising taxes for capital improvements and to establish proper pay scales.

To the person who said JH is doing all he can, nothing is further from the truth. He has done nothing other than place his confidence in BD who has the biggest integrity issues among all those that work for the department. There have been many employees who have told JH about those issues, he refuses to listen and most importantly, he doesn't care. He has given up. When he first arrived, he was all business and stated he would never allow people to "suck up" to get ahead. Over time, he has fallen victim himself and has lost sight of those that actually do the work at the PD. He overlooks those with real experience and knowledge and instead thinks the sun rises and sets on the ass of a man who has no experience other than answering calls. He didn't write any field training manual, just like everything else, he "borrowed" the work from others and stuck a bow and his name on it. Its a shame, he allows him to play day shift interior designer while his "team" begs to be allowed to go out and do police work. He refuses to supervise his team because he refuses to work night shift. Its amazing that he actually convinced JH to replace the internal affairs office for a conference room. Having meetings to discuss how great he is is much more important. Oh, lets not forget that he then convinced him he knew something about accreditation (working so closely with Susan and Chucky) that he created himself a nice little office next to his buddy. I guess the JH never considered or thought it was odd that Dorman would have been working as an officer for 6 months when we became accredited? Oh well, go ahead and make him a captain and watch the remainder of the officers who have any time in leave in droves. The police department is collapsing around him while he and Dorman walk around with measuring sticks, label machines and paint brushes.

Just to name a few of the integrity issues over the years:
1. Told everyone he has a full soccer scholarship and was actually going to become a professional soccer player.
2. Told everyone his father owned Carnival Cruise lines.
3. Told everyone his cousin or uncle was the drummer for a popular rock band and that he owned his most famous drum set.
4. Told everyone he founded and wrote all of the drumming parts for his high school.
5. Told everyone he was asked to be an instructor for IPTM traffic reconstruction after passing the reconstructions school with a perfect score.
6. Told everyone Dave Clark routinely asked for his counsel on reconstruction projects.
7. Told everyone in a class that he designed and wrote the entire reconstruction and dui program at the police department-even though reynolds and rhoden spent months doing that.
8. Told everyone he was the dui leader in the entire state having made 6 dui arrests in one night.
9. Told many that he has worked undercover, worked as a narcotics officer, worked as a detective.
10. Told a shift that he had purchasing power granted to him by JH and that he purchased items for a shift.
11. Told JH he worked closely with Chuck and Susan on accreditation.
12. Told many he has done hundreds of traffic reconstructions when in fact he has never done 1 to completion (including scale diagrams and math)
13. "Borrowed" training manuals from other departments, then claimed he created them.
14. "Borrowed" entire training power points from other instructors and agencies and claimed they were his.
15. Has told other agency staff that he is in third command at the police department and that he and JH routinely discuss all of the "important issues" at the police department.
16. Told many that he was asked to go to Internal Affairs school by JH but turned it down.
17. Told many that he had earned duel bachelor degrees in Business management and Public admin and that he was currently enrolled in a Masters Program.
18. Told many that JH asked him to attend CPM school because his many talents were being wasted in patrol.
19. Told many he is a pilot and has the hours to work fior an airline but has no interest.
20. Is an avid skydiver
21. Can pilot a helicopter.
22. Runs the entire Dixie Youth baseball program.

Thats a few I can think of.....there are hundreds of others...as anyone who has worked with him for any length of time can tell you. He lies in everyday conversation.......but hey, he can swing a mean paintbrush mister..that much i'll give him.

08-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Is there any truth to the rumors that JH has been actively seeking employment elsewhere? If that is true, what can we do to help?

08-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Is there any truth to the rumors that JH has been actively seeking employment elsewhere? If that is true, what can we do to help?

Ask dorman, and I'm sure he knows and will tell you the truth.

08-15-2013, 04:25 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who the educated genius was who assigned a sworn position to decorate the station and NOT go out on the road and do any actual police work. Way to supervise your unit there commander.

08-15-2013, 10:31 PM
I think the briefing room looks 100% better than it did and someone had to handle that so I have no problems with that.

The issue I have is that bd "inflates" everything he does. Not only did he paint the wall, he first grew the tree, chopped down the tree, shaped and sanded the wood, THEN built the wall. He then created the chemical compounds necessary to create the paint and color codes, THEN made and tinted the paint in his garage.......and of course he built the garage.

08-16-2013, 01:42 AM
I agree the briefing room looks great. Did we really need a sworn position to accomplish this feat? Gosh forbid a corporal who is supposed to be in charge of a three man unit participates and actually does something related to actual police work. If JH wants the support of his people, he may want to think twice about these type of decisions which do nothing but chip away at morale. How bout step up and tell him to get out of the station and DO SOMETHING RELATED TO THE UNIFORM YOU WEAR TO WORK EACH day!!!! Kick him out of your office and tell him to hit the road.

08-16-2013, 09:29 PM
I overheard that JH was looking into BD and his reputation of lying. This is part of the reason JH was trying so hard to track down Erik. It's been rumored that JH has also reached out to Chucky and Sue about BD's involvement(or lack there of) with accreditation. BD and his ridiculous lies will be found out soon enough. I think it's time we call bulls#%* to BD's face when he is in the middle of his lies. There are far too many of us working hard to stay afloat while he sits around playing Martha Stewart. I can only hope that JH comes out of his hole in time to figure this mess out before the ship starts sinking. We all know he ain't going down with it. Kudos to those men and a woman or 2 that are actually working hard for the citizens of Bartow. I'm hanging on for my 20.

08-23-2013, 12:43 AM
I've heard JH is looking for a move and another job; if anyone has extra boxes laying around please do your part and stack them in the roll call room.

Noneofyourbusiness
08-23-2013, 11:30 PM
:devil:

08-24-2013, 09:10 PM
:devil:

So the fact the chief is looking for another job wouldn't be "anyone's business"?

Which blowhard figures that? :devil: :devil:

08-27-2013, 09:45 PM
I could care less about the renovations to the roll call room. I thought it looked fine before. If anything, it pisses me off that we get locked out of the room every other month and Patrol has to brief in the hallway, which also becomes our "break/meal" area. I hate the tiny, cheap tables we have in roll call now, and the tiny computer desks. What I would like are some practice rounds without the excuse of budget issues. When I can get some practice rounds, I'll start caring what the roll call room looks like, and maybe I'll start recycling too. And I agree completely with the post that a sworn officer should be doing police related work (in or out of the office) instead of interior designs. It's funny how as soon as something is said to BD about his unit never working nightshift, they all of a sudden appear, along with their commander! This comes AFTER BD insists that they work nights, they just don't appear on the CAD screen because we don't need to know what they're working on. I don't need to know. I KNOW they're not doing anything! That unit is a waste of manpower. And as for CST complaining about working for BD... if you got it so rough, come back to patrol.

09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Any man who must say "I am the king" is no true king.

09-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Any man who wants to be a leader must lead by example. Any leader who wants the support of his people, must be able to talk to his people and actually "lead" them. Telling us we should care and showing us you don't does not cut it. LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!

09-04-2013, 12:42 AM
http://www.theledger.com/article/20100103/news/1035018

Will someone PLEASE let me know when this guy shows up!

09-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Fairy tales and pixie dust my fiend. In my opinion, that person could not lead an ant colony to a picnic. In my opinion, that person does not exist, over four years and all he has to show is failure after failure after failure. In my opinion sir, you have FAILED!!! Times up, bye bye. You had plenty of time to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!!! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL AND FAIL !!!!!!

09-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Based on the ledger article I would like to know where is this person?

The one that believes you should treat others the way you want to be treated. Do you think that people want you to walk by them in the hallway and not even say hello? Do you think they want to see their leader walk around with a sour look on their face all the time? Shouldn't a true leader lead by example? Where is this person that was the comic relief at the last agency? Do you feel like you are following someone else and don't like not being the one always in the spot light?

How and when do you plan on bringing stability and changes to the way the department is run? People have retired and not replaced (well except for your secretary). Others are expected to pick up an excessive amount of work with no compensation. I wonder how the union would react if they knew how people weren't getting appropriately compensated? What changes have been made other than computer and decorations? I'm sure people would work harder and care more if their wallets were a little fuller instead of a rebuilt briefing room that wasn't needed.

What is the department's future? So far, in four years we haven't seen any changes to the future of the PD

Develop a street crimes unit, really? Working mostly days because their supervisor BD feels it necessary to be up the behind of JH. What a joke this unit is. What kind of cases have they actually worked? Have they actually caught anyone in the act of committing a crime? Have they walked they streets and made contacts with business owners? Does any of the citizens know they exsist other than neighborhood crime prevention units that have been formed to stop crime in their own neighborhood? Why are they not working evening/midnight shifts? Why are they not checking businesses after closing to ensure proper closing and that employees are safe?

Hands on COP? It appears you spend more time in your office shuffling papers than being any kind of hands on cop. You take messages and complaints and then pass them off to someone else to handle. Maybe you should be a secretary instead of a chief.

Go back to Panama City! It's obvious you miss it their because you seem to spend a lot of your time off traveling back and forth to there. If its the move you're worried about, don't worry. I'm sure you have a lot of employees that will help you pack. They may even be willing to drive it all up there for you.

09-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Stay focused and remember, without change there wouldn't be butterflies.

09-15-2013, 11:03 AM
I am staying focused, on these new time cards! I must say, although there is no way it work for the majority of the department, It's a swell idea! Using CAD to have 10-86 and 87 times time stamped is just stupid. I betcha the time card idea was Bryan's, he a ****ing genius! :cop:

09-15-2013, 01:48 PM
I am staying focused, on these new time cards! I must say, although there is no way it work for the majority of the department, It's a swell idea! Using CAD to have 10-86 and 87 times time stamped is just stupid. I betcha the time card idea was Bryan's, he a ****ing genius! :cop:

Do I still need to go 10-86 & 87 on CAD while parked in my driveway? Just wondering because once upon a time, this was required to activate GPS, allowing Big Brother to watch my every move. Now there's conflicting stories on if GPS works and/or if its accurate. I just wish whoever created the time card idea would elaborate on this. Only because, if there's one thing I love more than being under the constantly evolving microscope, it would be being required to do twice the work. Exciting!! Let's do this!

09-17-2013, 10:11 PM
I agree! Two and three times the work with no extra benefit and constantly be monitored? It's crazy! Something has to change soon! Someone needs an attitude change for sure, or just leave! Sick of BPD and the negative attitude from the top!

Attitude reflects leadership! Someone doesn't have either! If GL had any sense at all he would promote Sgt. Wyant to acting Chief because we all know he can do the job and be fair with everyone and not just a select few

09-17-2013, 11:50 PM
The obvious solution and the path of least resistance are two different things. The man is not blind to the issues that are present, but he also just doesnt care. We all know the simple solution to alot of the problems, but don't hold your breath if you think GL is willing to do what needs to be done. If JH walked out tomorrow, GM would be COP!, blah, i think i threw up a little.

09-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I say Sgt. Wyant for Deputy Chief and Det. Sherouse for DB Sgt.

09-19-2013, 03:50 PM
I think it is quite obvious that GL sees everything that is going on. What is even more frustrating is that the comissioners are fully aware of his failures and don't do anything about it. What do they care, it is a free paycheck for them. Citizens should really be more involved in their local government. I believe if they knew even a fraction of what they do the citizens would be in an uproar.

09-20-2013, 12:39 AM
Allow me to a little latitude to express myself, even though I shall be protected by not posting my name.

JH started off with a clean slate being the chosen one to right the ship. As time has progressed it has become painfully obvious that his intentions were to merely collect a check. In the 4 years under his command I welcome all to name what he has accomplished and what positive direction he has propelled the department and it's members.

He does not associate nor inner act with other agencies, however this should not be surprising as he does not even speak to his own employees. Greeting him with a "good morning chief" typically is met with a grunt as he stares at the floor without missing a beat.

Do I think Wyant is the answer, I don't know. Its hard to forecast how one would do in that position. I do know, from personal and professional experience both at BPD and another agency that he (Wyant, pudge whatever you choose to call him) goes out of his way to at least be nice and respectful to all the employees.

It makes me wonder, maybe that's what the members need; perhaps someone to take interest in them. We can only sit back and see what JH does or better yet what he doesn't do next.

09-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Roll call room painted, BOOM. Victim Advocate program terminated, BOOM. School Resource position eliminated, BOOM. K9 position eliminated, BOOM. Time cards, BOOM. Created a unit using three sworn positions for "community services", however they don't "service" the "community" past dark, or in the housing projects where their "services" could really benefit the "community". BOOM and BOOM.

09-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Bartow has a police department???

09-22-2013, 04:21 AM
I can say for certainty that if Pudge were to fail as the Chief, it would NOT be due to lack of trying to do the right thing.There is no doubt he loves the city he grew up in, unlike the last 2 Chiefs who were just there to pad their retirements from OTHER communities, and he would care about the BPD employees he's worked WITH his whole career, unlike the last 2..I say give him a shot. Whats the worst he can do? Destroy moral and rely on an incompetent idiot as his do-boy?

09-26-2013, 02:14 AM
Hehehehehehehe. This is some funny reading. However being in it is not. :devil:

09-26-2013, 08:49 PM
If you haven't learned by now: Getting your information from Special K is like getting your information from a bathroom wall at Circle K.

09-26-2013, 11:07 PM
I can only assume you are talking about more rumors from her "reliable" source at Lakeland and the allegations of why the latest LPD officer was arrested. The only thing less "reliable" is her work history.

Now back on topic....

09-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Just that....OUCH! :lol:

09-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Sounds as if BPD and the city need to wake up and take notice to what is going on around in the rest of the county. Start looking to your own staff as leaders and stop bringing in outsiders to run your city into the ground. The citizens are getting tired of not seeing any action. Make some hard decisions, put the right people in leadership roles, and get rid of the dead weight!

:oops:

10-02-2013, 01:52 AM
The employees cannot make the change, It will have to come from the citizens.

10-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Never push a loyal person to the point that they no longer give a damn! :shock:
(Unknown)

10-13-2013, 08:43 PM
All I want for Christmas is............?

10-15-2013, 01:19 AM
All I want for Christmas is for George Long to find a new job.

10-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Soooo, you don't need a deputy chief, a captain, a k-9, a SRO, but you try and justify a fourth person on CST? Wow, classic.

10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
You cannot expect growth, personal or professional, from people whom you have deemed maximized. There is a gross disparity between hard work and the reward of advancement. Personal development and hard work will only garnish you more work. So much so, that you will later be deemed unfit due to the unfathomable increase. Furthermore, you will not be judged by the same standards. The standard, it seems, changes from person to person. Those deemed successful, when given a comparable load would utterly fail. While many would agree to the preceding as true, it holds no value in the real world.

11-02-2013, 05:03 AM
Just a matter of time till SA gets certain info and this nightmare ends.

11-06-2013, 04:42 AM
I could use a "Toni Day" or a "Tew More Months Off".

11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Toni days are nice I suppose, but I'm looking more for one of those "Goff Getaways", that's working the system to your advantage !

11-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Can you really blame them? Obviously this ADMIN is totally out of their element. Managing people was not a strong point or emphasis in their alledged training. What a joke! Circle K treats their people better, in my opinion.

11-07-2013, 05:44 AM
What's irritating is Admin won't address the constant calling out. Frustrating to see the same few officers calling in once a week or taking months off of work at a time, every year. I also thought that supervisors were supposed to be carefully reviewing time cards. Can't be happening when TS is constantly 2-10 minutes late to roll call each day (that she actually makes it in) but she's signing her name to being 10-86 at 0630. Just goes to show that she still suffers no consequences for her lack of work ethics!

11-13-2013, 12:34 AM
If I understand the chain correctly according to the website it's JH and GM. Am I reading that right?!?

11-14-2013, 03:28 AM
Yeeeeeeeep, that's correct.