PDA

View Full Version : Imapass and our city

05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
The link below is to the section of FSS 447 dealing with the subject. This is not a slam post but, one designed to educate the concerned bargaining unit member or reader. After reading, and doing more research, one's opinion on the immediate subject can be formed with a more educated perspective. It should be noted that although the proceedings normally must be narrowed to specific points in dispute, the city commission, not the union will have the final say. With a commission that has little if any love for police unions, our political influence will be tested, and we will be totally at their mercy. I think at this point, those who wanted change, are getting more than they wanted. Those that did not, are made to suffer. It is ashame that the agency has taken such a turn. We need to pray, as it is our only hope.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/labor/447.403.html

05-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for putting the link up for us but you forget, we are North Bay Village’s Finest but most of us are too stupid to understand what the words are about.

We’re a little slow and my face hurts from being ***** slapped so many times by the City I can’t think straight.

So, bottom line, what does it mean? Who makes the final decision of what we get? Is it binding? Does an Arbitrator make the decision? If not, who? Can we lose more than we get? Is there an appeal if we don’t agree? How much longer will it take? We have already been three years without a pay raise or even a step increase. Boy, that last contract was really stuck up our A$$. Someone should have explained it before we voted it in.

We need leadership. I have never been treated so badly in my life, at any other job, as I am being treated here. Some here are applying for jobs with other Departments so quickly their pens heat up and the ink dries. They’ve begged the departments they have applied to to not contact the City until the end of the background process for fear of being back stabbed by the current management team. Others are too lazy to look elsewhere and just hope Bob will die or go away so that a normal life can be lived.

WHERE IS OUR LEADERSHIP?

05-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks for putting the link up for us but you forget, we are North Bay Village’s Finest but most of us are too stupid to understand what the words are about.

We’re a little slow and my face hurts from being ***** slapped so many times by the City I can’t think straight.

So, bottom line, what does it mean? Who makes the final decision of what we get? Is it binding? Does an Arbitrator make the decision? If not, who? Can we lose more than we get? Is there an appeal if we don’t agree? How much longer will it take? We have already been three years without a pay raise or even a step increase. Boy, that last contract was really stuck up our A$$. Someone should have explained it before we voted it in.

We need leadership. I have never been treated so badly in my life, at any other job, as I am being treated here. Some here are applying for jobs with other Departments so quickly their pens heat up and the ink dries. They’ve begged the departments they have applied to to not contact the City until the end of the background process for fear of being back stabbed by the current management team. Others are too lazy to look elsewhere and just hope Bob will die or go away so that a normal life can be lived.

WHERE IS OUR LEADERSHIP?

All great questions.
The process can take months. First of all a special magistrate can be brought in or a mediator. Their decisions are NOT binding. They basically make recommendations and the whole thing goes back to the commission. There are certain things that can't be touched such as established rights of officers. Benefits are on the chopping block, cars, raises, pay cuts, insurance costs, etc.... It could take months, or more than a year. I think the FOP should bring in an attorney, like we use to do with the PBA. He can basically give us a real education on the issues and we will feel more comfortable with the process. Or our president can give us a class. It would be nice if we had leadership, but sadly we don't.

05-25-2013, 02:40 PM
We had bad times here in days gone by, but nothing like this. I really believe the representation makes a huge difference. People here were sold a crappy pipe dream and look now, we have zero citizen support, zero support from the commission, and a really bad chief.

05-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Remember way back when the PBA was here and we used to get all kinds of Dolphins 59's? And here is Memorial Day weekend and is anyone working 59's? Maybe, but only a select few.

05-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Remember way back when the PBA was here and we used to get all kinds of Dolphins 59's? And here is Memorial Day weekend and is anyone working 59's? Maybe, but only a select few.

PBA had nothing to do with the dolphins 59s then and less now, MGPD runs the show now, if you want to work the games why don't you quit crying and apply with them, but that would mean you have to WORK and since you are scared to do traffic stops, you wouldn't last a day. as for Mbpd 59s, you can't even work an 80 hour week with out calling in and you expect to work Alfa bravos on the beach? Really? You fab5 PBA loyalist are as sorry as they come, you are lucky you have a job, the only thing you know how to do is ***** and moan

05-26-2013, 05:09 PM
[quote="Memory Dude":21yopzgb]Remember way back when the PBA was here and we used to get all kinds of Dolphins 59's? And here is Memorial Day weekend and is anyone working 59's? Maybe, but only a select few.

PBA had nothing to do with the dolphins 59s then and less now, MGPD runs the show now, if you want to work the games why don't you quit crying and apply with them, but that would mean you have to WORK and since you are scared to do traffic stops, you wouldn't last a day. as for Mbpd 59s, you can't even work an 80 hour week with out calling in and you expect to work Alfa bravos on the beach? Really? You fab5 PBA loyalist are as sorry as they come, you are lucky you have a job, the only thing you know how to do is ***** and moan[/quote:21yopzgb]

Good one! Tell them 5 azz holios where to go, and how to get there. Yeah baby. Heard that! Yeah baby!!! Thats what I'm talkin bout. The five smartest people here stayed in the PBA.