PDA

View Full Version : Florida Police Departments

jperry3810
05-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I am currently a Police Officer in PA and have been for almost four years. I am considering trying to become a lateral transfer to Florida and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am looking for insight into a good department there, that does not have a high turn over rate and some that are about to hire. Any help would be greatly appreciate!

05-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Try orange county sheriffs office. They are hiring a bunch of guys

05-08-2013, 02:42 AM
You'll need the EOT or equivalency of training 2 week course to become Florida certified. You should get that out of the way before you start looking. It'll make it easier to get hired. Some departments even reimburse you for the school. Here's a link to one such school http://www.spcollege.edu/ac/eot.htm Good luck with your job search.

popowatcher
07-31-2013, 11:01 PM
There are no good police depts. in FL. Sorry :(

heavyd525
08-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Just know that you are coming to a state that does not spport it's law enforcement officers. Trust me, there will be another attempt in the next Legislative session to begin to de-fund FRS. Also, know that our Legislature slashed our training trust fund budget by 40%! Good luck getting training. Oh wait, they want you to pay for your own training going forward. Since 1998-1999, the training trust fund has been cut 64%. The return to Barney Fife law enforcement endangers everyone.