PDA

View Full Version : SSO taking over VPD dispatch

04-15-2013, 06:19 PM
The word is out thet Sarasota County SO wants to take over Venice PD, North Port and Longboat key dispatch even though they don't have the funding in place for the new building. They also say it is free. But we all know nothing is for free. What I would like to know is, how does the SSO dispatchers and deputies feel about taking on the extra responsibility of dispatching for a much larger area?

04-15-2013, 06:36 PM
That's why I waited to get on with the SO. Job security.

I do what I am told. I don't get paid to have an opinion

04-15-2013, 06:45 PM
My father was high ranking and he always said that localized control and local governance is best, just as our forefathers designed it. Bigger government is not better and is grosslt inefficient. If bigger is more efficient, then let the federal government take over all dispatching and law enforcement [sic].

The cities are more efficient than the county and they create inefficient pockets of unincorporated land that has to be served by the county, so the county would just like to take over everything, which would be more expensive for everyone in the long run.

It is weird how the county alledgedly has free free free money to take over all city dispatching, but the county sheriff is withdrawing all SRO services from city schools, even when 90% of the students at Venice High live in the unincorporated county.

The county has free free free money to give away to the cities for dispatching? Nuts. :roll: Somebody is blowing smoke.

04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Look at all the criminal arrests of SSO leadership:
- Tom Knight, arrested for disorderly conduct
- Steve Burns, domestic battery affidavit
- Jim Hardcastle, drug trafficking

Has there been even one arrest of a city chief at vpd, nppd, spd or lbkpd? Nope!!!

Too much graft, corruption and politics at the county leadership level, but not at the cities leadership level.

04-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Look at all the criminal arrests of SSO leadership:
- Tom Knight, arrested for disorderly conduct
- Steve Burns, domestic battery affidavit
- Jim Hardcastle, drug trafficking

Has there been even one arrest of a city chief at vpd, nppd, spd or lbkpd? Nope!!!

Too much graft, corruption and politics at the county leadership level, but not at the cities leadership level.
You forgot two other infamous sso leaders:

1. Bill Balkwill, felony theft affidavit

2. Kurt Hoffman, theft of gas at CCSO. He is the current SSO legal advisor. LOL

Somebody else posted links to read this stuff. You can't make this stuff up!!!