PDA

View Full Version : 100% proof the Teamsters have no Clue

04-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Unbelievable.

Ask the Teamsters lobbyists/business agents to explain this.

http://thefloridachannel.org/video/41213-press-availability-with-house-speaker-will-weatherford/

Absolutely Pathetic - just prior to the 2 minute mark Weatherford is asked about the DOC not getting the same extra raises as the PBA Officers and he doesn't even have a clue what they are talking about and the other legislator has to step in and say they were approached about FHP retention problems (ours is worse than theirs actually) and moves on real quickly. The Teamsters lobbyists didn't even have this on the House's power players radar so they could even give a bs answer to the reporters on why we aren't included. Simply pathetic representation for us specifically whether a CO or PO.

04-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Wow! That was bad. Weatherford and his aide had no idea about a DOC request for more money. It did not register. :oops: Don't you think that Weatherford should have been the first person the Teamsters talked to? He is only Speaker of the House and he didn't have any knowledge of the DOC money request. The Teamsters have dropped the ball again. If you are still a member, you are a fool. Who needs a lousy union?

04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
So how is it possible that PBA PO's get more money than Teamster PO's. What about PO's that are not in either union? This makes no sense.

04-15-2013, 01:03 AM
So how is it possible that PBA PO's get more money than Teamster PO's. What about PO's that are not in either union? This makes no sense.

All that matters is who is your rep and the Teamsters is yours and you get nothing extra as of right now... :snicker:

04-15-2013, 01:46 AM
The Teamsters appear to be a joke..... :devil:

04-15-2013, 02:05 AM
From who knows when to December of 2011 all of us were under the representation of the PBA. The PBA got the FHP a 5% raise in 2008 and FWC a 3% in 2011 and we DOC employees received NOTHING! THIS WAS ALL UNDER THE REPRESENTATION OF THE PBA! What makes you think the PBA would stand by us for a raise in 2013? I believe the PBA would have sold us out again! Now the Teamsters are standing up for our raise and as usual the PBA is pissed the trying to muck us again. If the posters on this thread are true DOC employees they would not be badmouthing the Teamsters but asking how they could help in securing a raise. :roll:

04-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Teamsters suck... I am going to keep my dues in my pocket starting next paycheck.

04-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Teamsters suck... I am going to keep my dues in my pocket starting next paycheck.

LOL! Your going to cancel your membership with the Teamsters before you know if your getting a raise? LOL! Thanks for your comments GIl! :roll:

04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
From who knows when to December of 2011 all of us were under the representation of the PBA. The PBA got the FHP a 5% raise in 2008 and FWC a 3% in 2011 and we DOC employees received NOTHING! THIS WAS ALL UNDER THE REPRESENTATION OF THE PBA! What makes you think the PBA would stand by us for a raise in 2013? I believe the PBA would have sold us out again! Now the Teamsters are standing up for our raise and as usual the PBA is pissed the trying to muck us again. If the posters on this thread are true DOC employees they would not be badmouthing the Teamsters but asking how they could help in securing a raise. :roll:

:roll: I want to know how the Speaker didnt even know about the DOC pay raise issue. We got extra just like the other PBA people in the good budget years like this year and now may get left out because they waited to the last minute to get on this issue pushing that other bill that had no chance for 7% for all state employees. They dropped the ball so far.

04-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Teamsters
One Labor Attorney with an unproven track record who wants to settle every case and will not take the Department of Corrections on.
Pay Raises – None
Lobbyist – (One) Ron Silver is lobbying for the Teamsters, he is also lobbying for Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe, Inc, Miami General Employees & Sanitation Employees Retirement Trust, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
Bargaining Power – PBA has professional s who bargain on our behalf, look as what we have lost with the all might Teamsters bargaining!!!
The Teamsters have a group of Officers who go to Tallahassee meet for a few days have a good time, decide what they think we want, then they go and meet with DOC and get told what we will get! What kind of bargaining is this?
PBA
A Team of Attorneys with a proven track record of wining cases against the Department. Remember the Million dollar Valdez case when PBA stood side by side with our brothers!!!
Pay Raises – The PBA has gotten raises for us when other units did not, (when FHP was represented by IUPA). Bottom line if we had a real Union representing us when there is a 2 billon dollar surplus, we would be getting a pay raise.
Lobbyist - Gary H. Bradford, Richard L. Brickman, James Futch, Ernest W. George, Arthur (Scott) Hoffman, Gene L. Johnson, John S. Kazanjian, Kenneth Kopczynski, Mike McHale, David B. Murrell, Matthew C. Puckett, John Rivera, Mike Scudiero, William Smith
Now, I have listed all this to make you think a little……………
The Teamsters’ dues are $30.00 and the PBA’s Dues are $30.00.
The PBA membership has to do nothing, but go to work and do their job, then go home at the end of their shifts and spend time with their families or do what they want to do. Their Union is doing the work for them.
The Teamsters wants you to pay them $30.00, you call all these people, you come to Tallahassee, you do this, you do that, because you are the Union. What I’m seeing is, You do all the work and pay me $30.00. What is wrong with picture? At the end of the day, The PBA’s guy is still going to make more money and not have to do anything because his/her Union has taken care of him/her. Bottom line is we are screwed until we can get rid of the teamsters!!!

04-16-2013, 12:33 PM

I canceled them as soon as they dropped the ball on special comp. Those ass clowns let us down and have done nothing for us except take our money. No more worthless unions for me. Cancel your membership and give yourself a monthly pay raise of $30.00. :devil:

04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Teamsters...PBA... whats missing time and time again is the Dept. fighting for your raises. If the Dept. doesn't care why should the politicians care. Your Sec. came from FDLE and he knows LEOs and DC doesnt have LEOs working for them. Well maybe Prison Inspectors.

John Augustus
04-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Florida is a non-union state. Why does everyone act so surprised that neither the Teamsters nor the PBA are working for them?

04-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Florida is a non-union state. Why does everyone act so surprised that neither the Teamsters nor the PBA are working for them?

I agree unions aren't as strong in a right to work state but I would consider the PBA working a little if I was one of their officers since they were getting extra in the initial budgets this session showing they at least can get extra when reserves are to be almost 3 billion dollars.