PDA

View Full Version : Call and E-Mail Sen Gaetz and Sen Negron Now on Raises

04-11-2013, 12:31 AM
These are the two that mostly control whether you will get an extra raise or not. Also contact your own legislator on this issue.

Tell them you want a fair pay raise along with other State Officers that you havent had a raise in nearly 7 years.

Sen Gaetz

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s1

(850) 487-5001
Senate VOIP: 5001

Sen Negron

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s32

(850) 487-5032
Senate VOIP: 5032

04-11-2013, 12:53 AM
I called now and there was no answer

04-11-2013, 01:03 AM
I called now and there was no answer

Well e-mail now and call tomorrow. :snicker:

04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Dear Mr.

Thanks very much for sharing with me your thoughts regarding pay raises for Florida correction officers.

I appreciate you taking time to discuss the importance of a pay raise and the impact it would have for officers, such as yourself, and their families who devote countless hours and hard work to serving in our state prisons. Like you, I am in support of an across-the-board pay raise for all state workers.

As you may know, the Florida Senate passed the proposed Senate budget (SB 1500) on Wednesday, which included a 3% pay raise for all state employees except state legislators.

With the Florida Legislature continuing to convene over the next 3 weeks, I, along with members of the Florida Senate, will continue to intensely review the state’s budget during budget conferencing with the Florida House of Representatives. Let me assure you that I will certainly keep your views in mind as I, Speaker Will Weatherford, my Senate colleagues and members of the Florida House discuss various budgetary differences including funding for increased pay raises of correctional officers.

If there is a way that we can include an additional pay raise for corrections officers, similar to the program in the Senate budget that would impact law enforcement, I would certainly be open to discussing that option in the budget conference.

Again, thanks for writing. Your comments, criticisms and suggestions make me a better Senator.

Respectfully,

Don Gaetz

Can anyone spell...we ain't gettin no additional pay raise form letter...note to the teamsters...it's called lobbying and committee weeks!!!

04-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Bingo! We aren't getting jack shit! The house passed a $1,000 pay raise effective Nov 1st :oops: and a whopping $400 bonus :oops: for the select few on 7/1/14. :devil: All this from a state government that hasn't given state workers a pay raise since 2006 and has a current budget surplus of 2-3 BILLION dollars! Absolutely criminal. Makes you want to work on weekends, do late night checks, volunteer for extra duties, etc.. Sheeeeetttt! :snicker:

04-13-2013, 12:52 AM
We may pull this out after all. Keep e-mailing and calling next week.