PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters failing to admit they are the problem...

04-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Teamsters failing to admit they are the problem. Now they have a thing out saying to e-mail/call Sen Negron and them to try to get us the same extra compression raises all the PBA State Officers are going to receive in the budget which as of now we will not get due to their actions and their ineptitude. They are even trying to get us to blame PBA instead of explaining their lack of results mentioning that one year FHP got something from Rubio and the base pay jump a few FWC Officers got due their agency heads lobbying that they couldn't keep anybody when the budget was super tight.

What the Teamsters fail to say is before the budgets came out they were basically just pushing that 7% for all state employee bill that had zero chance of passing instead of being tactical and pushing compression raises to Negron and Gaetz like the PBA was openly doing for many weeks prior to the budgets. Just look at the their releases and asking for a compression raise in collective bargaining only basically in FL is akin to not asking at all as it is done in the budget negotiations. Due to how the Teamsters spend their funds and since they don't know how to properly lobby the FL legislature we will not get extra it looks like until they are gone. With the PBA we got more than the other state employees in the good budget years - getting compression raises and a real raise instead of a bonus one year like the non PBA state employees received. There is 2 Billion or so it looks like they are going to put into reserves this year when just a very tiny fraction (less than 2%) of that would have gave us a compression raise also like all PBA represented State Officers are to receive. That tells you all you need to know about the Teamsters - you get the same raise as the guy who mops the floors for the State.

04-10-2013, 12:09 AM
2 Billion dollars lying around to go to reserves it appears and the Teamsters can't get us any more of a raise than the other non-officer state employees are going to get.

04-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Teamsters failing to admit they are the problem. Now they have a thing out saying to e-mail/call Sen Negron and them to try to get us the same extra compression raises all the PBA State Officers are going to receive in the budget which as of now we will not get due to their actions and their ineptitude. They are even trying to get us to blame PBA instead of explaining their lack of results mentioning that one year FHP got something from Rubio and the base pay jump a few FWC Officers got due their agency heads lobbying that they couldn't keep anybody when the budget was super tight.

What the Teamsters fail to say is before the budgets came out they were basically just pushing that 7% for all state employee bill that had zero chance of passing instead of being tactical and pushing compression raises to Negron and Gaetz like the PBA was openly doing for many weeks prior to the budgets. Just look at the their releases and asking for a compression raise in collective bargaining only basically in FL is akin to not asking at all as it is done in the budget negotiations. Due to how the Teamsters spend their funds and since they don't know how to properly lobby the FL legislature we will not get extra it looks like until they are gone. With the PBA we got more than the other state employees in the good budget years - getting compression raises and a real raise instead of a bonus one year like the non PBA state employees received. There is 2 Billion or so it looks like they are going to put into reserves this year when just a very tiny fraction (less than 2%) of that would have gave us a compression raise also like all PBA represented State Officers are to receive. That tells you all you need to know about the Teamsters - you get the same raise as the guy who mops the floors for the State.

Well, people this is one of your "important" PBA leaders who was serving a leadership role in OUR BARGAINING UNIT who was looking out for your best interests :evil: I think this prior PBA leader, I use this word so loosely, is home crying tonight because he would rather get his self-esteem back rather than see YOU get a raise. How many officers really think that the former PBA leaders will contact their legislators? If you don't say everyone of them without hesitation, then you realize that you had leaders who put their BARGAINING REPRESENTATIVE before their BARGAINING UNIT--THE OFFICERS! I am floored that the first post is not YES LET'S ALL CONTACT OUR LEGISLATORS AND GET FAIR RAISES!!!! Negron was a major player in 2011 (privatization of prisons and probation in proviso) and 2012 prison privatization bill) when he served as the Vice Chair of the Appropriations Committee as he attacked your jobs and your pension. If you think for one second that Negron would have given you, corrections, a raise just because of your bargaining representative then you are a fool. I just e-mailed my senator and let him know that FHP had a 5% raise in 2008 and FWC had a 3% raise in 2011. I let him know that Negron said he wants to give an extra raise to the people who put themselves in harms way everyday for the citizens and that in the last 10 years no FWC or FDLE officers were killed in the line of duty, one trooper was and TWO DOC OFFICERS WERE KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY. I let him know that Negron said he wanted to address veteran officers making only a little more than rookies and that the pay difference from officer to sergeant for FDLE, FHP and FWC is a 7k difference while the difference between officer to sergeant for DOC is a 2k difference. I let him know that Correctional Probation Officers, to the best of my knowledge, are the only FDLE Certified Officers who are required to have a Bachelors degree (no substitution for experience). I let him know that Negron wants to help stop the costs of attrition because officers leave for agencies that pay more however in 2011 140 officers left FHP, 28 left FDLE, 32 left FWC and 3,079 left DOC! I let him know that despite the higher attrition DOC has, DOC officers don't get CAD in as many of the counties that these other officers do and in the counties that they do, it is less than half the amount. I was directed to this information by the assistance of my Teamster business agent. The fact is many of the legislators know that they could crap on corrections WITHOUT crapping on PBA however we are now not only with a new bargaining representative but we are a stand alone bargaining unit that doesn't get used and doesn't have "leaders" who TRULY AND SINCERELY DO NOT WANT YOU TO GET A FAIR AND EQUAL RAISE THIS YEAR! So don't give a fool like this the time of day. Contact your senators to urge them to pass the amendment!

04-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Results Matter - Just use the Teamsters own words to show how inept they are.

Ask them to show you where their FL lobbying dollars went. How much went to the key things that get things done in the legilature ? Why almost 100% focus on a bill with zero chance of passage when the legislature has shown a willingness to give eXtra to DOC Officers in the past when the budget is good.

Just go and look at their website and click legislative update and the rest and you will see why we are messed over with them with our legislature - sad to say but its the truth.

How many screw ups have to happen for everyone to realize they are a joke when it comes to a right to work state like FL with state employees/officers. The Truck drivers fed people a line of crap in the parking lots to get their hands on your dues. Sad but its the truth.

04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Evers pay amendment 04/10/2013
at 12:04 PM Senate: Withdrawn

04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Teamsters
One Labor Attorney with an unproven track record who wants to settle every case and will not take the Department of Corrections on.
Pay Raises – None
Lobbyist – (One) Ron Silver is lobbying for the Teamsters, he is also lobbying for Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe, Inc, Miami General Employees & Sanitation Employees Retirement Trust, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
Bargaining Power – PBA has professional s who bargain on our behalf, look as what we have lost with the all might Teamsters bargaining!!!
The Teamsters have a group of Officers who go to Tallahassee meet for a few days have a good time, decide what they think we want, then they go and meet with DOC and get told what we will get! What kind of bargaining is this?
PBA
A Team of Attorneys with a proven track record of wining cases against the Department. Remember the Million dollar Valdez case when PBA stood side by side with our brothers!!!
Pay Raises – The PBA has gotten raises for us when other units did not, (when FHP was represented by IUPA). Bottom line if we had a real Union representing us when there is a 2 billon dollar surplus, we would be getting a pay raise.
Lobbyist - Gary H. Bradford, Richard L. Brickman, James Futch, Ernest W. George, Arthur (Scott) Hoffman, Gene L. Johnson, John S. Kazanjian, Kenneth Kopczynski, Mike McHale, David B. Murrell, Matthew C. Puckett, John Rivera, Mike Scudiero, William Smith
Now, I have listed all this to make you think a little……………
The Teamsters’ dues are $30.00 and the PBA’s Dues are $30.00.
The PBA membership has to do nothing, but go to work and do their job, then go home at the end of their shifts and spend time with their families or do what they want to do. Their Union is doing the work for them.
The Teamsters wants you to pay them $30.00, you call all these people, you come to Tallahassee, you do this, you do that, because you are the Union. What I’m seeing is, You do all the work and pay me $30.00. What is wrong with picture? At the end of the day, The PBA’s guy is still going to make more money and not have to do anything because his/her Union has taken care of him/her. Bottom line is we are screwed until we can get rid of the teamsters!!!