PDA

View Full Version : NEED ACTION NOW FOR PAY RAISES

04-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Go to http://www.flsenate.gov/

URGENT ACTION!
This Amendment Will Be Voted On 10:00am Tomorrow!

Teamsters Local 2011 is working on your behalf to address the Fair Pay issue for our members.

We’ve been working very close with Senator Greg Evers and we are pleased to announce that we have filed an amendment for additional pay to include all Correctional Officers and Correctional Probation Officers.

The amendment proposed would allow a 3% raise to be given to all officers with less than 5 years of service and a 5% raise for all officers with 5 or more years of service. This equates to a 6% raise for all officers with less than 5 years of service and an 8% raise for officers with 5 or more years of service.

WE NEED THIS AMENDMENT TO PASS!

We are asking you for your help. Call and email as many Senators as you can and urge them to support this amendment and vote YES!

This amendment will be heard tomorrow April 10, 2013 by our legislators.

Find your Senator

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/Find

Please follow link below to view the amendment

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/20 ... 995077/PDF (http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1500/Amendment/995077/PDF)

04-09-2013, 11:01 PM
I will do it hoping for a miracle but it is the Teamsters ineptness that has caused this issue.

What the Teamsters fail to say is before the budgets came out they were basically just pushing that 7% for all state employee bill that had zero chance of passing instead of being tactical and pushing compression raises to Negron and Gaetz like the PBA was openly doing for many weeks prior to the budgets. Just look at the their releases and asking for a compression raise in collective bargaining only basically in FL is akin to not asking at all as it is done in the budget negotiations. Due to how the Teamsters spend their funds and since they don't know how to properly lobby the FL legislature we will not get extra it looks like until they are gone. With the PBA we got more than the other state employees in the good budget years - getting compression raises and a real raise instead of a bonus one year like the non PBA state employees received. There is 2 Billion or so it looks like they are going to put into reserves this year when just a very tiny fraction (less than 2%) of that would have gave us a compression raise also like all PBA represented State Officers are to receive. That tells you all you need to know about the Teamsters - you get the same raise as the guy who mops the floors for the State.

04-09-2013, 11:25 PM
I will do it hoping for a miracle but it is the Teamsters ineptness that has caused this issue.

What the Teamsters fail to say is before the budgets came out they were basically just pushing that 7% for all state employee bill that had zero chance of passing instead of being tactical and pushing compression raises to Negron and Gaetz like the PBA was openly doing for many weeks prior to the budgets. Just look at the their releases and asking for a compression raise in collective bargaining only basically in FL is akin to not asking at all as it is done in the budget negotiations. Due to how the Teamsters spend their funds and since they don't know how to properly lobby the FL legislature we will not get extra it looks like until they are gone. With the PBA we got more than the other state employees in the good budget years - getting compression raises and a real raise instead of a bonus one year like the non PBA state employees received. There is 2 Billion or so it looks like they are going to put into reserves this year when just a very tiny fraction (less than 2%) of that would have gave us a compression raise also like all PBA represented State Officers are to receive. That tells you all you need to know about the Teamsters - you get the same raise as the guy who mops the floors for the State.

The PBA lobbied for FHP to get a raise in 2008 for 5% then the PBA lobbied for Fish and Wild Life for a raise in 2011 of 3%.... we have not received a raise since 2006. This all took place while we’re represented by the PBA. The PBA has always sold us out for raises and advocating for other LEO officers leaving us out year after year. The way I see it, we have a 3% raise coming under the Teamsters and now the Teamsters are fighting to get us the additional pay the legislature is proposing for all other LEO’s. If PBA still represented us…. we would be screwed and the PBA would sell us out just like the last 7 years….No raise for DOC! I’m not a Teamster member but I can read between the lines! The Teamsters are not lying down and selling us out like the PBA!

04-09-2013, 11:39 PM
PBA sell us out? Can this history be true? :shock:

Yep!

04-10-2013, 12:03 AM

The PBA lobbied for FHP to get a raise in 2008 for 5% then the PBA lobbied for Fish and Wild Life for a raise in 2011 of 3%.... we have not received a raise since 2006. This all took place while we’re represented by the PBA. The PBA has always sold us out for raises and advocating for other LEO officers leaving us out year after year. The way I see it, we have a 3% raise coming under the Teamsters and now the Teamsters are fighting to get us the additional pay the legislature is proposing for all other LEO’s. If PBA still represented us…. we would be screwed and the PBA would sell us out just like the last 7 years….No raise for DOC! I’m not a Teamster member but I can read between the lines! The Teamsters are not lying down and selling us out like the PBA!

:lol: Of course they want their people to get extra just like this year. Heck that was in a terrible year for the budget that those people got that. The joke Teamster lobbyists are so inept they can't even get us extra it looks like when they have 2 billion extra dollars to set aside. What does that tell you. ALL PBA represented State Officers from all State agencies are set to get extra while Teamster represented Officers are set to celebrate the same raise the guy scrubbing the state toilets get. They are a joke period.

04-10-2013, 12:06 AM
What did the Teamsters say ? "Results Matter" and now we see theirs is pathetic along with being fools with how to handle that Special Comp debacle.

Where is there lobbying dollars going mostly in the legislature ?

04-10-2013, 12:07 AM
I’m not a Teamster member but I can read between the lines! The Teamsters are not lying down and selling us out like the PBA!

Then why aren't you a member??

04-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I’m not a Teamster member but I can read between the lines! The Teamsters are not lying down and selling us out like the PBA!

Then why aren't you a member??

That is probably Phil who just wanted PBA out because he lost his election when he was a member of them. He ctually thought the Teamsters could do something because of the Disney Bus Drivers. :lol:

04-10-2013, 12:14 AM

:lol: Of course they want their people to get extra just like this year. Heck that was in a terrible year for the budget that those people got that. The joke Teamster lobbyists are so inept they can't even get us extra it looks like when they have 2 billion extra dollars to set aside. What does that tell you. ALL PBA represented State Officers from all State agencies are set to get extra while Teamster represented Officers are set to celebrate the same raise the guy scrubbing the state toilets get. They are a joke period.

Another intoxicated PBA response. :roll: Sell outs! :evil:

04-10-2013, 12:21 AM
Teamsters = Same raise as guy who cleans State Toilets. :(

PBA = Extra raise over all other state employees including Teamster Officers.

Teamsters = No clue how FL legislature works and money going into non productive things as far as DOC officers are concerned. :(

PBA = Actually have a clue how to get extra for their people when 2 Billion dollars is lying around it looks like.

04-10-2013, 12:23 AM

Another intoxicated PBA response. :roll: Sell outs! :evil:

Yep probably drunk off the extra $ 2,000 compression raise that the Teamsters haven't been able to get as of now. :lol:

04-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Well, whoever you are….you’re not a DOC employee! Just an idiot! :lol:

04-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Well, whoever you are….you’re not a DOC employee! Just an idiot! :lol:

I am a DOC employee but I am not an idiot on this issue- I voted for the ones actually getting more for their Officers than the other State employees. :snicker:

04-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Yes you are an idiot who I'm sure has home crying and hoping his fellow officers don't get an equal pay raise. Shut up and e-mail your senator you sellout.

Well, people this is one of your "important" PBA leaders who was serving a leadership role in OUR BARGAINING UNIT who was looking out for your best interests I think this prior PBA leader, I use this word so loosely, is home crying tonight because he would rather get his self-esteem back rather than see YOU get a raise. How many officers really think that the former PBA leaders will contact their legislators? If you don't say everyone of them without hesitation, then you realize that you had leaders who put their BARGAINING REPRESENTATIVE before their BARGAINING UNIT--THE OFFICERS! I am floored that the first post is not YES LET'S ALL CONTACT OUR LEGISLATORS AND GET FAIR RAISES!!!! Negron was a major player in 2011 (privatization of prisons and probation in proviso) and 2012 prison privatization bill) when he served as the Vice Chair of the Appropriations Committee as he attacked your jobs and your pension. If you think for one second that Negron would have given you, corrections, a raise just because of your bargaining representative then you are a fool. I just e-mailed my senator and let him know that FHP had a 5% raise in 2008 and FWC had a 3% raise in 2011. I let him know that Negron said he wants to give an extra raise to the people who put themselves in harms way everyday for the citizens and that in the last 10 years no FWC or FDLE officers were killed in the line of duty, one trooper was and TWO DOC OFFICERS WERE KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY. I let him know that Negron said he wanted to address veteran officers making only a little more than rookies and that the pay difference from officer to sergeant for FDLE, FHP and FWC is a 7k difference while the difference between officer to sergeant for DOC is a 2k difference. I let him know that Correctional Probation Officers, to the best of my knowledge, are the only FDLE Certified Officers who are required to have a Bachelors degree (no substitution for experience). I let him know that Negron wants to help stop the costs of attrition because officers leave for agencies that pay more however in 2011 140 officers left FHP, 28 left FDLE, 32 left FWC and 3,079 left DOC! I let him know that despite the higher attrition DOC has, DOC officers don't get CAD in as many of the counties that these other officers do and in the counties that they do, it is less than half the amount. I was directed to this information by the assistance of my Teamster business agent. The fact is many of the legislators know that they could crap on corrections WITHOUT crapping on PBA however we are now not only with a new bargaining representative but we are a stand alone bargaining unit that doesn't get used and doesn't have "leaders" who TRULY AND SINCERELY DO NOT WANT YOU TO GET A FAIR AND EQUAL RAISE THIS YEAR! So don't give a fool like this the time of day. Contact your senators to urge them to pass the amendment!

04-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Results Matter - Just use the Teamsters own words to show how inept they are.

Ask them to show you where their FL lobbying dollars went. How much went to the key things that get things done in the legilature ? Why almost 100% focus on a bill with zero chance of passage when the legislature has shown a willingness to give eXtra to DOC Officers in the past when the budget is good.

Just go and look at their website and click legislative update and the rest and you will see why we are messed over with them with our legislature - sad to say but its the truth.

How many screw ups have to happen for everyone to realizeb they are a joke when it comes to a right to work state like FL with state employees/officers. The Truck drivers fed people a line of crap in the parking lots to get their hands on your dues. Sad but its the truth.

04-10-2013, 01:26 AM
WOW! Matt "F" uckett sounds like a dog in a corner! good boy good boy now go eat shizat you sell out! and this post is form a DOC employee!

04-10-2013, 01:33 AM
WOW! Matt "F" uckett sounds like a dog in a corner! good boy good boy now go eat shizat you sell out! and this post is form a DOC employee!

This is from a DOC employee also. Take you and your truck drivers back to the states where you have some actual power with their legilatures. You have shown you are pathetic with FL DOC Officers and that is we we got screwed the worst on special comp and look to be screwed again on raises.

04-10-2013, 01:46 AM

This is from a DOC employee also. Take you and your truck drivers back to the states where you have some actual power with their legilatures. You have shown you are pathetic with FL DOC Officers and that is we we got screwed the worst on special comp and look to be screwed again on raises.

It’s obvious that the PBA leadership is educated beyond their level of intelligent! So go post your propaganda on your precious FHP website.

04-10-2013, 01:53 AM

It’s obvious that the PBA leadership is educated beyond their level of intelligent! So go post your propaganda on your precious FHP website.

No just facts the Teamsters can't run from.

1. In the good budget years DOC got extra compression raises some years with the PBA which is more than the state toilet scrubber got.

2. The PBA got us a true raise one year the non-PBA Officers got a bonus and not an actual raise.

3. The Teamsters get us screwed the worse of all state officers on special comp not knowing how to play the game.

4. As of right now the Teamsters have us set to get the same as the state toilet scrubber while the PBA has all their State Officers set to get extra compression raises.

04-10-2013, 02:20 AM
You Sir have an excrement fetish! Stop eating $hit and your propaganda excrement campaign! While you’re at it wipe the brown PBA stuff out of the corner of your lying month!!! SELL OUT!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-10-2013, 02:25 AM
You Sir have an excrement fetish! Stop eating $hit and your propaganda excrement campaign! While you’re at it wipe the brown PBA stuff out of the corner of your lying month!!! SELL OUT!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lying mouth.

Explain why we were messed over the worst on special comp due to the Teamsters and why we are getting messed over in the budget currently compared to PBA ? The teamsters - results matter just like out truckers told you in your parking lots. :lol:

04-10-2013, 02:47 AM
Ask for the Special Comp MOU the PBA signed and then coat your ass with DW40. You have been screwed!!!!! : :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Good luck!

04-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Senate web site shows this amendment withdrawn. Was any watching when this amendment was heard and know why it was withdrawn?

04-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Looks as if they are making changes to the bill, however it keeps getting withdrawn. The last attempt for the bill posted on the senate bill website by Senator Evers shows they included doc officers for the competitive pay adjustment and now included that annually all officers recieve at $133.28 pay additive annually on June 30th of the following year.

SB 1500. 995091 which was late filed at 12:04pm but withdrawn.

They still be making changes to the bill and that is why the amendment keeps getting withdrawn, which occurred several times this morning.

04-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Evers pay amendment 04/10/2013
at 12:04 PM Senate: Withdrawn :(