PDA

View Full Version : Equal pay increase for all state employees

04-06-2013, 12:19 PM
No wonder we are going to get screwed on raises compared to the other Officers.

"Remember our Message: All state employees should be treated equally with the same percentage pay increase, especially public safety,..... corrections etc......."

http://fdocteamsters.unionactive.com/04.05.2013.Legislative.Update.pdf

:roll: No if you knew what you were doing you would have been trying to secure us extra raises over the standard state raise this session and maybe we wouldn't be in this situation right now. We can get the same as most other state employees without doing anything whatsoever.

Who else do they or their sister unions represent ?

04-06-2013, 07:51 PM
You really should work on your reading comprehension. It does say especially those ensuring public safety. Instead of being on PBA's side or even the "Teamsters" side, wouldn't one be on the side of corrections and probation as a bargaining unit? Why does it seem that there is one or just a few posters that want to see "us" (officers) do bad? We have done bad for years so why not help change that? Believe me changing that is not by supporting a newcomer at the time, Negron, rise to power and support him when he is out to privatize a large part of your bargaining unit. Negron, his beliefs and affiliations have never been a secret. Whoever is paying PBA dues is helping FHP officers, NOT their immediate brothers and sisters, corrections and probation officers. The bargaining unit of officers and the union that represents them is not like a lovers relationship. People with integrity have as their first loyalty the bargaining unit (the officers). If police and firefighters know this! I have spoken to many police officers who think we are our biggest downfall. Many police agencies have changed unions a time or two and they have told me that they go together as a bargaining unit. If the majority thinks its time for a change then that is another issue to take care of however they unite and fight as one unit and don't know what the heck is wrong with us. Right now you are either with us or against us and to be with us is to be a union member. Right now that is the Teamsters. As a member, if you have a question, concern, issue or want them to do more of something in the form of communications then as a member you should be working with them. After speaking with one of the business agents on last week I very comfortable in knowing what is being done in Tallahassee but I lodged a big complaint about their communications. Contact your legislators (really contact your legislators) and demand pay parity and for them to stop raping probation. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

April 5, 2013

Teamsters Local 2011 Legislative Update

PAY – Many possibilities exist with respect to a pay raise in the fiscal year that begins on July 1,

2013. As part of his budget submission, the Governor proposed one-time cash bonuses. There

are also various across-the-board pay adjustment bills advanced by members of the Florida

House and Senate. Teamster lobbyists have been covering a lot of ground in Tallahassee to

maximize the pay increase for our members. It is critical for all Correctional Officers and

Correctional Probation Officers to support pay parity. Voice your opinions to elected officials

immediately by phone, email, letter, and in person. Talking points will be available on this site

soon to help you communicate our message.

ALSO, COME TO TALLAHASSEE FOR MEETINGS WITH OUR LEGISLATORS ON

TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2013 AND THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2013. WE NEED TO BE

VISIBLE AT THE CAPITOL UNTIL A FAIR PAY RAISE BECOMES LAW. Please

notify your Teamster Business Agent or Local 2011 Steward of the days you plan to participate.

Remember Our Message: All state employees should be treated equally with the same

percentage pay increase, especially those ensuring public safety throughout the state (e.g.,

Department of Correction officers). PAY PARITY, NOW!!!!!

PENSION REFORM – The Florida House passed HB 7011 that requires all new states

employees hired on or after January 1, 2014 to only be offered enrollment in the state’s defined

contribution retirement program called the Investment Plan. If this change becomes law, no new

employee contributions will be deposited into the existing defined benefit program (Pension

Plan), which most state employees are a part of, thereby undermining the long term security of

the Pension Plan. The Senate, however, is scheduled to vote next week on SB 1392, which

would change vesting from 8 to 10 years for employees hired on or after July 1, 2014, allow new

employees a period of five months to decide whether to participate in the Pension Plan or the

Investment Plan, and lower employee contributions in the Investment Plan from 3% to 2% The

Teamsters and other Florida Unions (except for the Florida Police Benevolence Association)

have been lobbying Senators for a reasonable alternative.

PRIVATIZATION VIA “SMART” JUSTICE- Despite lobbying from the Teamsters and

other groups in opposition to privatizing the reentry function, proposed legislation is under

consideration that would allow for some or all reentry functions to be carried out by nonprofits or

corporations. House Bill 7121 and Senate Bill 1032 are pending before the respective

Appropriations Subcommittees. Please contact your Legislators and urge them to vote “No”

when the bills come up for a floor vote. Let elected officials in the Senate and House know that

non-violent drug offenders should be directed into a strong probation system run by a properlyfunded Department of Corrections.

04-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Remember Our Message: All state employees should be treated equally with the same

percentage pay increase, especially those ensuring public safety throughout the state (e.g.,

The State Janitor is a state employee (All state employees should be treated equally with the same percentage pay increase...) so I guess we can be equal with him.

We are getting screwed because the Teamsters don't know how to play the game so now they will get their original wish but it wont be that 7% bill - it will be the raise that all non PBA state employees get so they get half their wish I guess. They are useless just like on not knowing how to play the game on special comp to delay things and its cosing me in my wallet now.

04-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Also the Teamsters are the problem. Their very name let alone their incompetence on our issues is messing us over with this legislature which won't be changing for the next 3 years at least. We will never get extra as long as they remain.