PDA

View Full Version : State Car Scam IIII

03-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Look, it is very easy. We had one car assigned to our office. Within a week we drove it into the ground. Now we have none! See, that was easy. :D

03-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Well the cars are pieces of junk they gave us.

03-18-2013, 01:46 AM
Correct. So what is left will be easy to trash. We went from one to none in weeks. :lol:

03-21-2013, 02:23 AM
We have this crapy old white car (buick I think) assigned to our office that we all have to use. We asked at the staff meeting last month, who is responsible for cleaning it? (inside and out). Got no clear answer from the office supervisor becuase apparently he had no clue.

So we have this state car with multiple months of crud over it! (lol). The interior of the car is reeking because it has never been cleaned since it was issued to our office! Apparently other officers who have used the car have gone thru the fast food drive thru at Wendy's since the car has about 200 nakins in the center counsel, and another 200 on the floor right of the passenger seat from Wendy's! So our co-workers are also eating in the car on top of the lack of it being cleaned by no one. Even our offices our cleaned by the state every day, but they won't clean a state car?

But the icing on the cake from the supervisor in our office came when she sent an email to the office requesting that we not park the state car under tree becuase it might get bird crap on it! Realy! A supervisor requested that we don't park the state car under tree! A car that the state has not bothered to clean in 3 months, but yet they are concerned about a bird deficating on it! Really? This managment mentality is exactily what is wrong with management with DOC!

The line supervisors all the way up to Tallahassee our so out of touch with the job where it is important (field supervision), the job has become a complete joke!

03-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Napkins from fast food restaurants??? Nice! I found a Publix grocery receipt for over $75, during a time my co worker was supposed to be in the field.

03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Are probation officers prohibited from eating? Last time I checked most of them looked like they never missed a meal. :snicker: :snicker:

03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
We have this crapy old white car (buick I think) assigned to our office that we all have to use. We asked at the staff meeting last month, who is responsible for cleaning it? (inside and out). Got no clear answer from the office supervisor becuase apparently he had no clue.

So we have this state car with multiple months of crud over it! (lol). The interior of the car is reeking because it has never been cleaned since it was issued to our office! Apparently other officers who have used the car have gone thru the fast food drive thru at Wendy's since the car has about 200 nakins in the center counsel, and another 200 on the floor right of the passenger seat from Wendy's! So our co-workers are also eating in the car on top of the lack of it being cleaned by no one. Even our offices our cleaned by the state every day, but they won't clean a state car?

But the icing on the cake from the supervisor in our office came when she sent an email to the office requesting that we not park the state car under tree becuase it might get bird crap on it! Realy! A supervisor requested that we don't park the state car under tree! A car that the state has not bothered to clean in 3 months, but yet they are concerned about a bird deficating on it! Really? This managment mentality is exactily what is wrong with management with DOC!

The line supervisors all the way up to Tallahassee our so out of touch with the job where it is important (field supervision), the job has become a complete joke!

Our cars all go to the work release center twice a month to be cleaned.

03-21-2013, 11:18 PM

Ours never sits still long enough to get cleaned that often. It gets cleaned about once a month when it goes over for an change.

03-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Ours smells like french fries and ass! :snicker:

03-22-2013, 05:14 AM

Ours never sits still long enough to get cleaned that often. It gets cleaned about once a month when it goes over for an change.

Even after an oil change, are car still does not get cleaned! Just don't park it under a tree!

03-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Does your area rotate cars or do the cars remain in the office that originally got them.

04-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Does your area rotate cars or do the cars remain in the office that originally got them.

Stop complaining, I have seen some PO's cars and not any cleaner. In fact some PO's cars are downright nasty outside and inside.

John Augustus
04-03-2013, 06:02 PM

Stop complaining, I have seen some PO's cars and not any cleaner. In fact some PO's cars are downright nasty outside and inside.

In fact, some PO's are downright nasty outside and inside.

04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
In my circuit there is one less piece of junk to use since the CA uses one of the state cars to come to work and go home. That's one less death trap in the motor pool.

04-04-2013, 12:31 PM
In my circuit there is one less piece of junk to use since the CA uses one of the state cars to come to work and go home. That's one less death trap in the motor pool.

If they fire your CA, there will be two less pieces of junk in your Circuit.

05-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Our car has never been washed or vaccumed in over 6 months. It looks like hell and is embarrassing to drive. We have no way to check air pressure in tires, yet we must lie and say the tire pressure is correct at all times.

05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
:idea: Then drive to your closest prison and have the inmates wash it, inside and out and check your tires. :idea: Simple enough?

John Augustus
05-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Our car has never been washed or vaccumed in over 6 months. It looks like hell and is embarrassing to drive. We have no way to check air pressure in tires, yet we must lie and say the tire pressure is correct at all times.

Just file an OSHA complaint and stop whining. It will be illegal for them to fire you or take any adverse action against you in retaliation for doing so.

05-21-2013, 10:52 PM
[quote="Bubba Taylor":1ljrspe8]Our car has never been washed or vaccumed in over 6 months. It looks like hell and is embarrassing to drive. We have no way to check air pressure in tires, yet we must lie and say the tire pressure is correct at all times.

Just file an OSHA complaint and stop whining. It will be illegal for them to fire you or take any adverse action against you in retaliation for doing so.[/quote:1ljrspe8]

No, just called Rev. Al Sharpton....that's it!

05-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Um... I have to use the state car per my supervisor (or use my personal vehicle without reimbursement). I have allergies to certain perfumes and colognes. WTF am I supposed to do when the officer using the car before me bathes in cologne to hid her smoking from her husband? Do I just use the vehicle knowing I'm going to get sick, or should I notify the Justice Department now with an ADA complaint?

05-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Um... I have to use the state car per my supervisor (or use my personal vehicle without reimbursement). I have allergies to certain perfumes and colognes. WTF am I supposed to do when the officer using the car before me bathes in cologne to hid her smoking from her husband? Do I just use the vehicle knowing I'm going to get sick, or should I notify the Justice Department now with an ADA complaint?

You lack discipline.......

05-23-2013, 12:17 AM

The problem is no one is voicing their concerns in writing. All we do is ***** and complain on this board. I really feel there are some valid arguments against the state car. The state car in my office hasn't been cleaned since we got it. A few months ago, half my office had the flu/cold. I'm sure having multiple officers in a germ infested car contributed to half the office getting sick. It smells and has ketchup stains on the seats. I wished my office's state car smelled like perfume.

At least we have a wide assortment of fast food napkins, straws, and plastic forks in the center console. :devil:

05-23-2013, 12:26 AM
The main problem is the state cars are junk and safety hazards but we are basically bullied into using them anyway when no local agency will touch them.

05-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Just spray it down with Clorox before you go out. Quit crying, what a bunch of wimps! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
I've heard claims whereby officer left stranded in the field. Car had no brakes or power steering control. HAZARD!!

John Augustus
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
[quote="Bubba Taylor":15qft4ie]Our car has never been washed or vaccumed in over 6 months. It looks like hell and is embarrassing to drive. We have no way to check air pressure in tires, yet we must lie and say the tire pressure is correct at all times.

Just file an OSHA complaint and stop whining. It will be illegal for them to fire you or take any adverse action against you in retaliation for doing so.

No, just called Rev. Al Sharpton....that's it![/quote:15qft4ie]

I guess that'll do just as well.

Glok007
05-23-2013, 10:59 PM
if the car is dirty clean it...if the mechanical components are breaking down, report it...wtf is so difficult. you're just pissed that you can't make extra money off the state anymore...guy who has allergies...you have a point - follow the chain of command and try and resolve your problem. and yes i know how much we are underpaid and overworked and the state took our 3% and all that jazz...you have a job...they provide you equipment...you are supposed to do all you can to keep it operational/functioning...regardless of how it looks or how old it is. would fhp drive our cars? HELL NO! sheriff's deputies? HELL NO! municipal police officers? HELL NO! but we don't drive their cars, and we don't do their jobs...we are all we got...

05-24-2013, 01:29 AM
I am going to pay out of pocket to get my office's state car cleaned. But I wonder If I'm allowed to use the time at the car wash as state time? Two hours of my salary is more than the "WORKS" car wash!

05-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Stop crying and do your dam job.

05-24-2013, 01:49 AM

05-24-2013, 01:52 AM

Definition of dam
noun

1a barrier constructed to hold back water and raise its level, forming a reservoir used to generate electricity or as a water supply:

05-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Definition of dam
noun

1a barrier constructed to hold back water and raise its level, forming a reservoir used to generate electricity or as a water supply:

What an a??