PDA

View Full Version : hiring process

03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone. Can anyone from inside the agency tell me when the next in house training/FTO starts? I'm currently in the hiring process.

03-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Last Monday.

03-15-2013, 09:36 PM
So if I'm given an offer in a few weeks I won't be able to start for a while?

03-15-2013, 10:56 PM
You can start, but you will be an office errand boy for a few weeks.

03-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Fine by me. I'll be proud to work for ECSO.

03-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Fine by me. I'll be proud to work for ECSO.

Be sure to plaster it all over Facebook and your car and feel free to use it as a pick up line in Beach bars. Women will want you and men will want to be you.

03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Well I was told I passed my background investigation. Presumably all that is left is a psych eval? I've gotten through the poly, PAT/Range test, and oral boards. I have not been contacted in about a week. Any of you readers have an idea about time frame from BI to psych eval?

Thank you in advance.

03-20-2013, 02:12 AM
I think we might be waiving the psych eval. If your a nut we will figure it out in FTO anyway and that will put on on fastrack for management. I am sure it won't be long.

03-21-2013, 01:13 PM
it shouldn't take much longer it's just a matter of scheduling you for your psyc, I had mine about 2-3 weeks after my poly and this was very recent, your in the home stretch!

03-21-2013, 02:19 PM
it shouldn't take much longer it's just a matter of scheduling you for your psyc, I had mine about 2-3 weeks after my poly and this was very recent, your in the home stretch!

I had my poly/range and pat/oral boards the week of the 6th. Was told by my BI that hes recommending me on the 15th. I haven't heard anything yet. Thank you for the insight. I am looking forward to joining the ranks of ECSO. Is there a way I could contact you to fire off some questions?

03-22-2013, 03:34 AM
I find your eagerness and enthusiasm refreshing so don't let the jerks at the agency dampen your spirit. Be dedicated in your training, try not to let the citizens you deal with skew your attitude towards people in your personal life, stay off of this site- trust me, and good luck!

03-22-2013, 03:56 AM
I find your eagerness and enthusiasm refreshing so don't let the jerks at the agency dampen your spirit. Be dedicated in your training, try not to let the citizens you deal with skew your attitude towards people in your personal life, stay off of this site- trust me, and good luck!

Thank you form the words of encouragement. I have no desire let some of the sulfuric attitudes on this board poison my own mind set. I am ready to begin my career, and I have taken a lot of steps to prepare for it. Hopefully I will be one of your colleagues in the near future.

03-22-2013, 11:20 PM
What does the PAT for ECSO consist of.... so many agencies call their physical fitness test a PAT but they are all different. Thanks in advance!

03-23-2013, 03:42 PM
What does the PAT for ECSO consist of.... so many agencies call their physical fitness test a PAT but they are all different. Thanks in advance!

standard PAT. In car, pull flags, baton and gun, run 220 yards, 4 ft wall, low crawl, hurdles, dummy drag, repeat.

03-23-2013, 09:16 PM

standard PAT. In car, pull flags, baton and gun, run 220 yards, 4 ft wall, low crawl, hurdles, dummy drag, repeat.

then, run to nearest tom thumb for free soda and chips. After that learn how to milk calls and screw around on your wife. training complete....youre a perfect fit here.

03-23-2013, 09:52 PM
I think he was applying for patrol deputy... not homeland security division.

03-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Well after all of that, I received my rejection letter in the mail today. after careful review, says the letter, Sheriff Morgan has decided not to accept me as a deputy sheriff trainee. I will be attempting to contact him or Mr. Haines tomorrow in order to determine why I was rejected. Thank you for your help, to those who were helpful.

04-06-2013, 02:39 PM
There are other departments that only require that you say you can do something, then can't, don't fret, you get moved or move yourself and still get to keep your pay. Who could ask for a better place to work.