PDA

View Full Version : BOYCOTT OFF DUTY

02-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Brothers & Sisters,

Chief Orosa has decided to make all off duty events outside of Calle Ocho and Ultra to be paid at the regular off duty rate. I am asking each and every one of you not to sign up for any external event on these weekends. We have one of the most reasonable off duty rates in the county. If he does not think our services are worth the proper time and a half rate on these extremely dangerous events, then I guess they can call in the National Guard.

By not signing up, the City of Miami will have to draft and pay the overtime rate. Let's stay united and send a message to the administration.

You get what you pay for!

Fraternally,

Sergeant Javier Ortiz, President

Miami Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #20

02-21-2013, 03:44 PM
I sense a growth of MANHOOD?????

FIRE WITH FIRE....

Support our UNION so it can support you...here is your chance.

Stand United!!!

02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Oroas, JR, SR, Ortiz are all good friends and family with one goal is to keep the status quo, plain and simple pretect the friends and family at all cost.

02-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Oroas, JR, SR, Ortiz are all good friends and family with one goal is to keep the status quo, plain and simple pretect the friends and family at all cost.

Hey stupid. Read the first post again. You really as dumb as your post suggest? Wait, my bad, your post proves your dumber than dirty.

02-21-2013, 05:53 PM
They already have some of us working gigs that are supposed to be off-duty, on duty. Smoke & Mirrors people, Smoke & Mirrors.

02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Exactly this is all a show. You would think the union would be in an out media campaign against regalado and the mismanagement of the department but that would hurt the current friends and family plan so instead they focus on smoke and mirrors.

02-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Exactly this is all a show. You would think the union would be in an out media campaign against regalado and the mismanagement of the department but that would hurt the current friends and family plan so instead they focus on smoke and mirrors.

It's election year Ortiz won't do jack. It's part of the game plan that's why you got a 2 year contact.

Mayor doesn't need to worry anymore Ortiz gave him the pass

02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
They sold us out to regalado n got rid of expo n now he wants us to support them ,I have to work to pay my bills

02-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Unfortunately I have to work whatever I can get my hands on. I can't afford to turn down work, I have bills to pay and a family to maintain. As long as there are jobs I will sign up to work. Don't talk about uniting when the FOP is the one responsible for dividing us all. I WILL NOT take short cuts but as long as the off duties are available I will sign up wether is time and a half or not. I'm sure there are many others experiencing my same situation, maybe for the next contract we will have a voice.

02-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Officers at MPD are much too selfish and self centered to boycott off duty. No one needs the money so bad that they couldn't skip the day of off duty. If so, you need to start living within your means.

FOP and Ortiz isnt going to do much more than call for these boycotts because they know you losers won't boycott and the city wins again and the FOP look like they are doing something. The joke is on the losers at MPD that don't realize they are just being played again by the FOP, Orosa and Regalado.

LOSERS

02-22-2013, 12:12 AM
We have a divided union that no politician respects, we are a joke and political pawn to the friends and family plan.

02-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Officers at MPD are much too selfish and self centered to boycott off duty. No one needs the money so bad that they couldn't skip the day of off duty. If so, you need to start living within your means.

FOP and Ortiz isnt going to do much more than call for these boycotts because they know you losers won't boycott and the city wins again and the FOP look like they are doing something. The joke is on the losers at MPD that don't realize they are just being played again by the FOP, Orosa and Regalado.

LOSERS
You are the loser. You dont know anyones pockets and responsibilities. Some of us rather work for out money than come by it through corrupt means. Judge yourself and stay out of other peoples business.

02-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Unfortunately I have to work whatever I can get my hands on. I can't afford to turn down work, I have bills to pay and a family to maintain. As long as there are jobs I will sign up to work. Don't talk about uniting when the FOP is the one responsible for dividing us all. I WILL NOT take short cuts but as long as the off duties are available I will sign up wether is time and a half or not. I'm sure there are many others experiencing my same situation, maybe for the next contract we will have a voice.

This is what happens when you live an inflated lifestyle....

02-22-2013, 01:39 AM
AS long as you guys will work for less there is no incentive to pay more..do you want to be an off duty slave the rest of your career?

02-22-2013, 01:47 AM
I agree with FOP if anything to send a strong message to this administration.

**** YOU NO BALLS AND COMPANY

02-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Javier n lugo are having dinner with regalado n the chief while u work off duty

02-22-2013, 02:57 AM
I back the fop on this one.

02-22-2013, 04:01 AM
MPD=selfish losers

02-22-2013, 07:46 PM
I support the staff n action Jackson so they can drive SUV 's

02-23-2013, 12:00 PM
by Straw Man » 02/21/13 19:50:37

9 to 5 wrote:

This is what happens when you live an inflated lifestyle....

I was living well within my means! I didn't even work off duties because I didn't need to! But after taking a 20% pay-cut I have no other choice. Now I barely see my kids because all of these off duties. So don't ask to boy cut off duty to please a bunch of traders.

02-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Miami Dade County Price Schedule for Off-Duty Services Per Hour:

POLICE CAPTAIN (Holiday Rate) $103.00
POLICE CAPTAIN (Regular Rate) $51.50
POLICE LIEUTENANT (Holiday Rate) $97.75
POLICE LIEUTENANT (Regular Rate) $49.00
POLICE OFFICER (Holiday Rate) $87.50
POLICE OFFICER (Regular Rate) $43.75
POLICE SERGEANT (Holiday Rate) $92.75
POLICE SERGEANT (Regular Rate) $46.25

If you dont believe me? Here is the link: https://was8exp.miamidade.gov/MDPDOffDutyWeb/home.do

02-23-2013, 09:05 PM
....a bunch of traders...???? No wonder you guys are made to look like fools by Regalado, you are stupid, unable to speak, read or write in English. Regalado has told Orosa to cut the off-duty rate and keep the people that hire off duty cops happy. Just like Bay Point a few years ago. You losers can't live within your means and refuse to unite to help your selves. So go ahead and work at a reduced rate and buy some more adult toys that you don't.