PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

02-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Question: if LEO Affairs is a forum operated by police officers for police officers, why then is the first page of the website devoted to nothing but negative stories about police corruption and misconduct? Is there no good news to report? No links to articles about a cop who saved someone's life or did something positive or heroic? The cop that recently shut down a highway to save a dog's life, could we not post that link to LEO Affairs instead of all the links about cops caught dealing drugs, stealing or screwing underage kids???

I mean, WTF????

02-22-2013, 06:09 AM
ANSWER: Stories about good cops are hard to find. Stories about bad cops are real easy to find.

MOD 1
02-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Question: if LEO Affairs is a forum operated by police officers for police officers, why then is the first page of the website devoted to nothing but negative stories about police corruption and misconduct? Is there no good news to report? No links to articles about a cop who saved someone's life or did something positive or heroic? The cop that recently shut down a highway to save a dog's life, could we not post that link to LEO Affairs instead of all the links about cops caught dealing drugs, stealing or screwing underage kids???

I mean, WTF????

I just read your post and I looked back at the page, plus further back. I don't make the news stories, I just take what I find from other sources and post them here. A lot of what I post is negative, because that is what the news media prints. Plus, I think it gives other officers something to think about.

I do print positive stories. If you look at the page right now, there is a story there about St Pete Officers being awarded the Public Safety Medal of Valor at the White House. This was an update to a story that was initially published on 2/7/2013 when two of the same officers were named Florida Officers of the year by Attorney General Pam Bondi.

There is also an article there about a Coconut Creek Police Officer who got his job back after 14 months of administrative leave. I think that is good news. Then there is the Fort Lauderdale Police Officers being found Not Guilty. Again, I think that is good news. I know they do.

If you click on the News tab at the top of the page it will take you to the previous stories, which include the one about the SAO deciding not to charge the Clearwater Lt with anything for giving out information from DAVID.

There's also an article about 2 Chicago Police Officers who rushed into a burning building to save the residents. Now that is the kind of thing, I know you want to see. These just aren't in the news everyday.

That's all within the last 2 months. I think the thing about the negative articles that I post, is that I hope that other officers will read them, and we won't see other articles like that. I can hope at least.

Mod 1

02-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Moderator,

I will amend my previous remark...your links are not entirely negative towards police officers but they are indeed mainly, and almost exclusively, negative stories about police officers. With all due respect, to say that you post these links because that is what the media mostly talks about is, in my opinion, a cop out (pardon the pun). In fact, a website operated by police officers for police officers ought to serve as a counter balance to the often too harsh, too negative reporting of the mainstream media. As a cop, you should know how unfairly officers can and routinely are treated by the media, so to say 'well, we just run mainly bad news about cops because that is what the rest of the media does' is to admit there is no actual benefit for cops to log into your site. I mean, why should a police officer log onto this forum if all they get is more of what they already get everywhere else?

I do thank you for the response, but your reply, to me, sounds like a bunch of excuse making and rationalization which signals to me and others that nothing is going to change in the way you do business and the front page of your website will continue to feature 80-90% or more of negative stories about police officers because, as you said, that is what all the other media outlets are talking about.

So where were we? Oh, yeah, we were talking about the cop in Philly who slept with a 16 year old girl he met on a traffic stop. Please continue...

04-28-2013, 07:47 PM
I log into LEO Affairs, the site ran by cops supposedly for other cops, and once again what do I see on the homepage?

Link after link after link after link to stories about dead cops, corrupt cops, jailed cops and I stop and I wonder....has there been NO GOOD NEWS about any police officer anywhere in the United States of America that you could use this site to report upon? Is there no good law enforcement news anywhere on earth that would be better than the Geraldo/Jerry Springer tabloid trash that pollutes your homepage???

WTF fellas? Step up your game, "partners".

popowatcher
07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
It's obvious that it's too much a rarity for cops in FL to actually serve or protect the public. Sorry ;(

08-19-2013, 02:39 PM
So let's see....what is on the front page of LEO Affairs today? Cops are getting fired, going to jail, getting killed, forced to resign after an indictment was handed down and what other great news can we be treated on the "voice for law enforcement" website???

Sorry, just bad news today...and everyday, it seems.