PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck is wrong with the Teamsters ?

02-20-2013, 01:24 AM
What the Heck is wrong with the Teamsters ?

The PBA wisely (whether you like them or not) is smartly pushing for a compression raise on top of an across the board raise for their Officers that have seniority while the Teamsters is only pushing for an across the board raise (7% bill) it appears for all state employees that has about the same chance of passing as hell freezing over. I hope they get it together behind the scenes or we might get screwed while the PBA Officers get an extra 3% or so raise for their senior officers over the Teamster Officers with the same seniority. What the heck is lobbyist Silver and that Lady doing on the video ? They need to be pushing for a compression raise for Officers with seniority just like the PBA is. That is what the legislature is inclined to do when they have some money based on past years - give extra for Officer seniority on top of the raise for everyone else. Look at the Teamster website and the video below - Unbelievable imo. They better hurry up and get their act together or we will be screwed compared to the PBA Officers.

PBA talks at about 56:08 and the Teamsters talk at about 68:10 on the video.

http://thefloridachannel.org/video/21813-joint-select-committee-on-collective-bargaining/

02-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Any Teamster Stewards here ?

You need to let lobbyist Silver and President Ken Wood and the rest know that it will be a death blow for the Teamsters with Corrections if PBA gets seniority raises from the State and we don't. That election will be a landslide if that happens. Hopefully they get their act together with lobbying the legislature.

DC Consultant (Ret)
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
I can basicly reflect on my last yrs. with Probation. PBA and no raises. I think it is safe to say no Union 'GREASED' the hands of Tally Politicians who greased the hands of the prositutes, drug dealers and titty bars more than the PBA. For DC alone with no raises came those with deeper pockets. The Private Corrections Industry. DC is this close "_" to be eliminated. The PBA fight. Nobody wants to privitize FDLE or FHP! So you can go after more "Political Hand Outs". What Corrections recognize is their possible elimination as State Employees. What Correctional Probation Officers need to recognize is their elimination cant be far behind.

02-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Sorry Gil and friends! I think the Teamsters are doing a great job. Much better than those PB pukes.

02-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Sorry Gil and friends! I think the Teamsters are doing a great job. Much better than those PB pukes.

:roll: That is why we are getting screwed on special comp compered to FDLE, FHP and them I guess. Great Job.

02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
I can basicly reflect on my last yrs. with Probation. PBA and no raises. I think it is safe to say no Union 'GREASED' the hands of Tally Politicians who greased the hands of the prositutes, drug dealers and titty bars more than the PBA. For DC alone with no raises came those with deeper pockets. The Private Corrections Industry. DC is this close "_" to be eliminated. The PBA fight. Nobody wants to privitize FDLE or FHP! So you can go after more "Political Hand Outs". What Corrections recognize is their possible elimination as State Employees. What Correctional Probation Officers need to recognize is their elimination cant be far behind.

You have to play the game some - I hope Teamsters arent just trying to go on the cheap thinking that will be enough.

The privatization fight is mostly over now due to the court ruling about the full legislature having to vote privatization and the prison population decreasing some - and now that vote isn't possible since Dems picked up a few more seats.

The leeislature acts with how they are lobbied - that is why Corrections got a seniority raise one year FHP and them didnt and how FHP got that 5% that was yanked from other Officers/State employees that year. This is all on the Teamsters and they are finished if they let PBA get extra seniority raises for their officers and the Teamsters don't get them for Corrections.

02-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Only raise I gotten was dropping Pba and not signing up for Teamsters.

02-21-2013, 02:01 AM

Name me two positive things they have accomplished?

02-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Only raise I gotten was dropping Pba and not signing up for Teamsters.

Me to! :lol:

02-21-2013, 02:12 AM

Gave us free pens- and keep us update on all the benefits they keep losing while being our union rep!! Thanks for trying to get us seniority raise like pba is doing. We be sure to tell the new hire on to sign up!

02-21-2013, 02:34 AM

1) got rid of Gil

2) got rid of pba

Those are two of the best things that has ever happened to the workers the department. :D

02-21-2013, 03:01 AM

1) got rid of Gil

2) got rid of pba

Those are two of the best things that has ever happened to the workers the department. :D

:lol: Yep they got us all screwed on special comp compared to the PBA Officers but a petty man who could never win an election was glad it happened due to his constant failures.

02-21-2013, 06:55 PM

1) got rid of Gil

2) got rid of pba

Can't name anything, huh? Seriously, don't pettifog the issue. Name one positive thing they have done?

02-22-2013, 12:40 AM

1) got rid of Gil

2) got rid of pba

Can't name anything, huh? Seriously, don't pettifog the issue. Name one positive thing they have done?

Stopped prison privatization in south Florida and saved my job after I was terminated. PBA would have said there is nothing we can do. :shock: Thank you Teamsters!!!

02-22-2013, 12:52 AM
12 hour shifts is great. PBA was ALWAYS against that.
Finally getting either a raise or bonus (something PBA had not done in last 7 years)

Get over the special comp thing. It was never a guarantee.

02-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Get over special comp because it was never guaranteed? It was before the Teamsters got caught with their pants down. Unforgiveable! I dropped them as soon as they dropped the ball on that issue. In fact, PBA sucked to. I will never join a union again, big waste of money!

02-22-2013, 12:58 PM
?[/quote]

Stopped prison privatization in south Florida and saved my job after I was terminated. PBA would have said there is nothing we can do. :shock: Thank you Teamsters!!![/quote]
Wasn't stopped by Teamster, Teamsters couldn't stop a snail.

02-22-2013, 11:26 PM
The Teamsters dropped the ball and got hoodwinked by the state on special comp not knowing all the tricks like the PBA but that will be a standard rule thing probably one way or another in the next year or so.

The PBA stopped privatization in Court the year before the teamsters took over - that provisio trick the legislature tried to pull knowing the votes might not be there to pass privatization big time with the full legislature and some Rep reps being former Sheriffs.

The way you judge an Officer Union in Florida for state officers especially is by what they get compared to other state employees and many years PBA got Corrections more than other state employees.

The PBA State Officers appear to be poised to get seniority raises on top of the raise that all employees might get. The Teamsters have not been pushing this issue from the legislative meetings I have seen like the PBA has and I hope they are behind the scenes as that 7% bill has almost zero chance of being passed at its current level. I hope I am wrong and the Teamsters have the seniority raise covered behind the scenes where the real work is done with lobbyists but if the PBA gets extra seniority raises for their officers and the Teamsters dont for Corrections - they need to go period for being ineffective.

02-22-2013, 11:29 PM

1) got rid of Gil

2) got rid of pba

Stopped prison privatization in south Florida and saved my job after I was terminated. PBA would have said there is nothing we can do. :shock: Thank you Teamsters!!!

:roll: They only stopped it the year before in Court even when the legislature tried to do it backhanded.

02-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Unions are worthless in Florida. No power! I will just save my $30.00 a month and use it for beer money! :mrgreen:

02-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Unions are worthless in Florida. No power! I will just save my $30.00 a month and use it for beer money! :mrgreen:

:roll: If that was true then PBA would have never got more for Officers than other state employees when something was given out. You are useless is the bottom line and the legislature loves jokes like you to help them screw us easier.

02-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Don't forget that the only reason we lost special comp was because it was approved under the PBA contract for the department to be allowed to take it. :oops:

I guess you forgot about that one. :lol:

02-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Don't forget that the only reason we lost special comp was because it was approved under the PBA contract for the department to be allowed to take it. :oops:

I guess you forgot about that one. :lol:

Nice try. The PBA Officers have the same wording basically but do to the PBA knowing what they are doing kept them from being forced to use their pre July stuff in their agencies like Corrections. The wording was forced on the units by the state at impasse but the Teamsters due to being naive got played like a fiddle by the state. Hopefullt they aren't played again and drop the ball on seniority raises compared to the PBA state officers this session. I hope so anyway because that doesnt come around often in this state. Hopefully the teamsters don't prove to be a total joke.

04-17-2013, 12:41 AM

:lol: :lol: A great job. The initial budgets have us getting nothing extra over any other state employee unlike the PBA Officers.

You aren't the same clown that said the Teamsters would make DOC mgmts life hell because of representing Disney Bus Drivers that get pitiful pay are you ?

04-17-2013, 12:56 AM

:lol: :lol: A great job. The initial budgets have us getting nothing extra over any other state employee unlike the PBA Officers.

You aren't the same clown that said the Teamsters would make DOC mgmts life hell because of representing Disney Bus Drivers that get pitiful pay are you ?

Well... the PBA does represent the Florida Lottery Officer and left them high and dry on a raise! Sound Familiar? If the PBA can't get a few Lottery Officers included in a raise how could they ever include our much larger group in a raise? PBA sells out ALL other for the FHP and FWC! :shock:

04-17-2013, 12:58 AM

Well... the PBA does represent the Florida Lottery Officer and left them high and dry on a raise! Sound Familiar? If the PBA can't get a few Lottery Officers included in a raise how could they ever include our much larger group in a raise? PBA sells out ALL other for the FHP and FWC! :shock:

Show me the line item for them. I dont trust hardly anything you have said you spout so much nonsense. The bottom line is the PBA State Officers are getting extra and we are
not as of right now. Hopefully we can pull it out despite this messed up union. Results matter like the Teamsters say and there has been atrocious so far.

04-17-2013, 01:22 AM

Show me the line item for them. I dont trust hardly anything you have said you spout so much nonsense. The bottom line is the PBA State Officers are getting extra and we are
not as of right now. Hopefully we can pull it out despite this messed up union. Results matter like the Teamsters say and there has been atrocious so far.

Are you an idiot? THE PBA LEFT THEM OUT OR THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE RAISE! Look at the state-wide chapter Department of Lottery Officers All this BS and you have no idea what your talking about. :roll: PBA sold them out just like us over the last 7 years

http://www.flpba.org/pdf/PBA%20Representation.pdf

04-17-2013, 01:30 AM

Are you an idiot? THE PBA LEFT THEM OUT OR THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE RAISE! Look at the state-wide chapter Department of Lottery Officers All this BS and you have no idea what your talking about. :roll: PBA sold them out just like us over the last 7 years

http://www.flpba.org/pdf/PBA%20Representation.pdf[/quote

You are a joke. You were spouting off about University police also and they have a step plan where they get raises based on years. Good way to mix things up since the Teamsters have been pitiful so far.

Oh I forgot they have done great work making DOC mgmts like hell just like you said - that is why we were grounded and have a state car for 1,200 offenders now at some offices. Go back to Disney with your BS as it is starting to really cost me - special comp changes and now in my wallet it looks like..

04-17-2013, 01:43 AM
[quote="ilovethem":1yb2n3ul]Sorry Gil and friends! I think the Teamsters are doing a great job. Much better than those PB pukes.

You are a joke. You were spouting off about University police also and they have a step plan where they get raises based on years. Good way to mix things up since the Teamsters have been pitiful so far.

Oh I forgot they have done great work making DOC mgmts like hell just like you said - that is why we were grounded and have a state car for 1,200 offenders now at some offices. Go back to Disney with your BS as it is starting to really cost me - special comp changes and now in my wallet it looks like..[/quote:1yb2n3ul]

So...Why did PBA not include the Lottery officers? HMMMMM? If they can't include a few Lottery Officers what makes you think the PBA would have included us? Answer the question? :roll:

04-17-2013, 01:50 AM
I will have to look them up and see if you are being deceptive just like on the University police who are getting step raises from the University's budget. Show me the line item for the Lottery officers in the budget if they are PBA then I can tell if you are spouting nonsense again as usual.

Again thanks for the Teamsters making DOC mgmts life hell so that I am not sharing a broken down car with a whole office and I wasnt chained to my desk for months. Maybe you should team up with those Disney bus drivers :lol:

04-17-2013, 01:57 AM
I will have to look them up and see if you are being deceptive just like on the University police who are getting step raises from the University's budget. Show me the line item for the Lottery officers in the budget if they are PBA then I can tell if you are spouting nonsense again as usual.

Again thanks for the Teamsters making DOC mgmts life hell so that I am not sharing a broken down car with a whole office and I wasnt chained to my desk for months. Maybe you should team up with those Disney bus drivers :lol:

Maybe you should get a job at the lottery office so you would have a legitimate complaint! :snicker:

04-17-2013, 10:34 PM
[quote="Guest":1t0yxmdh][quote="ilovethem":1t0yxmdh]Sorry Gil and friends! I think the Teamsters are doing a great job. Much better than those PB pukes.

Oh I forgot they have done great work making DOC mgmts like hell just like you said - that is why we were grounded and have a state car for 1,200 offenders now at some offices. Go back to Disney with your BS as it is starting to really cost me - special comp changes and now in my wallet it looks like..[/quote:1t0yxmdh]

So...Why did PBA not include the Lottery officers? HMMMMM? If they can't include a few Lottery Officers what makes you think the PBA would have included us? Answer the question? :roll:[/quote:1t0yxmdh]

Good job trying to deceive.

Its all State Officers which fall in the bargaining unit of the PBA which fall under the state personnel system which is specifically authorized in the budget -Lottery Officers and University Officers who are already way better paid than FDLE and FHP and the rest if they have any time are funded differently.

04-18-2013, 01:05 AM

:roll: That is why we are getting screwed on special comp compered to FDLE, FHP and them I guess. Great Job.

PBA is currently in contract negotiations now with DMS and are all hollering because DMS is laying down the law of the land about special comp just like they did last year with the Teamsters. How did we get into such a mess with such a huge amount of special comp built up to begin with?? PBA knew that the special comp liability for the state was going to blow up one day. What did they do? They got a memo of understanding with FDLE back in 2008 with the promise to lower the amount accumulated. Since 2008, FDLE has lowered their special comp by more than 7 million dollars. More than a year ago they got a memo with FHP to do the same. DMS is putting their foot down and saying that the memos will not be honored and all agencies will fall under the same rule. Well everyone has PBA to thank for that. They acknowledged in 2008 that this was going to blow up and implemented the memo with FDLE, probably their smallest agency. They KNEW that DOC was accumulating MASSIVE amounts of special comp and did nothing. They did not get a memo with DOC. In not getting a memo and thus not being able to reduce the special comp (ensuring officers were taking it and able to take it) they did not fight. Fight about staffing because DOC was not doing anything to reduce it and purposely running at a lapse so you know it would only increase the amount accrued. Because of PBA and their lack of dealing with the staffing, accrual of comp and taking of comp, now we have what they predicted at least before 2008. That is the reality of the situation. The other units: FHP, FDLE and FWC are screaming now about DMS not budging from the same rule implemented with the Teamsters last year and the sad part is as PBA was all of our representatives, are watchdogs, they should never have allowed such massive amounts to be accrued when they knew it would get to such a point that the state would turn on ALL of us due to the incredible amount of liability. When your union knows for YEARS that these agencies are working people and paying them with an IOU that they would eventually not be able to or won't be able to cash then they had a responsibility to push for change but didnt. Lets keep everything in perspective despite one or two people on here that are trying to pull us apart so that they can feel important again.

04-18-2013, 02:13 AM

PBA is currently in contract negotiations now with DMS and are all hollering because DMS is laying down the law of the land about special comp just like they did last year with the Teamsters. How did we get into such a mess with such a huge amount of special comp built up to begin with?? PBA knew that the special comp liability for the state was going to blow up one day. What did they do? They got a memo of understanding with FDLE back in 2008 with the promise to lower the amount accumulated. Since 2008, FDLE has lowered their special comp by more than 7 million dollars. More than a year ago they got a memo with FHP to do the same. DMS is putting their foot down and saying that the memos will not be honored and all agencies will fall under the same rule. Well everyone has PBA to thank for that. They acknowledged in 2008 that this was going to blow up and implemented the memo with FDLE, probably their smallest agency. They KNEW that DOC was accumulating MASSIVE amounts of special comp and did nothing. They did not get a memo with DOC. In not getting a memo and thus not being able to reduce the special comp (ensuring officers were taking it and able to take it) they did not fight. Fight about staffing because DOC was not doing anything to reduce it and purposely running at a lapse so you know it would only increase the amount accrued. Because of PBA and their lack of dealing with the staffing, accrual of comp and taking of comp, now we have what they predicted at least before 2008. That is the reality of the situation. The other units: FHP, FDLE and FWC are screaming now about DMS not budging from the same rule implemented with the Teamsters last year and the sad part is as PBA was all of our representatives, are watchdogs, they should never have allowed such massive amounts to be accrued when they knew it would get to such a point that the state would turn on ALL of us due to the incredible amount of liability. When your union knows for YEARS that these agencies are working people and paying them with an IOU that they would eventually not be able to or won't be able to cash then they had a responsibility to push for change but didnt. Lets keep everything in perspective despite one or two people on here that are trying to pull us apart so that they can feel important again.

At least they were smart enough to delay for quite a bit of time unlike the Teamsters. Just like they were smart enough to go for compression raises early instaed of chasing some fantasy 7% bill for all state employees.

04-18-2013, 11:45 AM
The Teamsters (Scamsters) ran out of suckers up North so they came down here to find new ones from which to extract more money.

04-18-2013, 06:09 PM
[/quote]

At least they were smart enough to delay for quite a bit of time unlike the Teamsters. Just like they were smart enough to go for compression raises early instaed of chasing some fantasy 7% bill for all state employees.[/quote]

But PBA would of screwed us to. Maybe when they end up in prison they'll think they should of gave DOC a bigger budget. When they have 1 officer watching over 200 plus inmates at any given time.

04-19-2013, 12:35 AM
The Teamsters’ dues are $30.00 and the PBA’s Dues are $30.00.
The PBA membership has to do nothing, but go to work and do their job, then go home at the end of their shifts and spend time with their families or do what they want to do. Their Union is doing the work for them.
The Teamsters wants you to pay them $30.00, they want you to call all these people, you come to Tallahassee, you do this, you do that, because you are the Union. What I’m seeing is, You do all the work and pay me $30.00. What is wrong with picture? At the end of the day, The PBA’s guy is still going to make more money and not have to do anything because his/her Union has taken care of him/her. Bottom line is we are screwed until we can get rid of the teamsters!!!

04-19-2013, 01:23 AM
The PBA membership has to do nothing, but go to work and do their job, then go home at the end of their shifts and spend time with their families or do what they want to do. Their Union is doing the work for them.
The Teamsters wants you to pay them $30.00, they want you to call all these people, you come to Tallahassee, you do this, you do that, because you are the Union. What I’m seeing is, You do all the work and pay me $30.00. What is wrong with picture? At the end of the day, The PBA’s guy is still going to make more money and not have to do anything because his/her Union has taken care of him/her. Bottom line is we are screwed until we can get rid of the teamsters!!!

Well roughly 30.00 but I see your point.

04-19-2013, 02:39 AM

They want officers involved because that is a successful tactic to use. Firefighters, trial attorneys, etc all are active in the political process through their unity association. PBA didn't want officers involved because they would have been like here Probation Officer Smith meet Senator Negron who wrote in the proviso language to privatize you. We know what Negron stands for but we still endorse him so he can end you. More success occurs when you have a united block of officers who vote together. See how well that worked with PBA? They had a united block of voters and it worked wonderful for FHP, FWC and FDLE :devil: Screwing corrections = PBA endorsement. By the way yes YOU are paying PBA $30 to help other officers get a raise and so they can represent you only at the first 2 levels of a grievance however PBA doesn't file grievances. Wise investment.

04-19-2013, 02:46 AM

At least they were smart enough to delay for quite a bit of time unlike the Teamsters. Just like they were smart enough to go for compression raises early instaed of chasing some fantasy 7% bill for all state employees.

Smart enough to delay it? First they did not have contracts expiring last year. Second I would not call their plan a compression pay plan but a quid pro quo plan. A compression plan would not be giving an officer with 6 months a 6% raise and one with 20 years an 8% raise. Our pay disparity as it stands today is shameful compared to the other officers and that is because we were used. Every issue given to push for the 5% for FHP in 2008 and 3% for FWC in 2011 existed with us to a MUCH greater degree but they didn't care and purposely screwed us over and over.

04-19-2013, 02:49 PM

They want officers involved because that is a successful tactic to use. Firefighters, trial attorneys, etc all are active in the political process through their unity association. PBA didn't want officers involved because they would have been like here Probation Officer Smith meet Senator Negron who wrote in the proviso language to privatize you. We know what Negron stands for but we still endorse him so he can end you. More success occurs when you have a united block of officers who vote together. See how well that worked with PBA? They had a united block of voters and it worked wonderful for FHP, FWC and FDLE :devil: Screwing corrections = PBA endorsement. By the way yes YOU are paying PBA $30 to help other officers get a raise and so they can represent you only at the first 2 levels of a grievance however PBA doesn't file grievances. Wise investment.

Mike79
You sound as if you have your finger on the the pulse and know what is happening with the Teamsters, so I will ask you this one simple question, name one thing, the Teamsters has gotten for us this session which no one else is not getting? (Don't talk about the "me too" begging the all mighty Teamsters are doing now, which seems to be falling on deaf ears. We all know this is a PBA compression pay plan, which the Teamsters, after being asleep at the wheel are trying to jump on board, but I'm afraid the train has already left the station.

04-19-2013, 08:55 PM
With the Teamsters bs replies and now this FOP distortion it is clear who is getting the job done better and who is trying to explain their failures.

04-19-2013, 09:00 PM
The Teamsters are even trying to imply with their legislative memos that PBA is why we won't get an extra compression raise like the PBA Officers. Talk about pathetic.