PDA

View Full Version : Panel OKs repeal of law permitting red-light cameras

02-15-2013, 02:10 PM
A bill to repeal Florida's law permitting the use of cameras to ticket motorists who run red lights moved through the Legislature.

The law makes owners, rather than drivers, responsible for the fines, regardless who was behind the wheel.

Rep. Daphne Campbell, who is sponsoring the bill, said "This law is revenue-driven."

The state gets $83 of each $158 fine. Local governments and camera contractors get the rest.

Kathy Russell said that her city collected $6.1 million in fines, but had to pay the state and the contractor a cut.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20130215/ARCHIVES/302151043/-1/todayspaper?Title=Panel-OKs-repeal-of-law-permitting-red-light-cameras

02-15-2013, 02:57 PM
IDIOTS.

02-15-2013, 04:27 PM
The law makes owners, rather than drivers, responsible for the fines, regardless who was behind the wheel.

Thats the chief part of the law that is bad. Citizens should not have to give up the presumption of innocence. It sets a very bad precedentfor the future, if that part of the law is not thrown out.

02-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Who cares you run it, you pay for it. It's not rocket science. If your driving it good, if you own it you'll make sure who's driving it.

02-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Who cares you run it, you pay for it. It's not rocket science. If your driving it good, if you own it you'll make sure who's driving it.

The next thing I expect to hear is you slurring "YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!" as you realize you peed yourself once again.

02-16-2013, 05:27 PM
YEAH THAT WAS STUPID. As for red light cameras. They serve several purposes. I bet youll stop next time you get a ticket in the mail and it also adds money to goverment budgets. If thatll keep them from laying off cops and firemean I am all for it. Sorry I just stop at the light. Its not a big deal.