PDA

View Full Version : PBA

02-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Taken from another thread, but just as relevant. We need to explore our options. PBA is broken, and they don't want to fix it. IUPA or FEA or Teamsters.

Report this postReply with quotePBA must go
by Not Happy » 01/07/13 16:47:42

What has the PBA done for us? If you look at the FHP chapter on the PBA web site they are answering questions form their members. I guess they got the word IUPA was collecting cards. This is the only time they will do so is when someone has challenges them. I download a card from www.iupa-fl.org (http://www.iupa-fl.org) and sent it in. Mybe they will answer the question why didnt we get the same raise FHP got in 2008.
They DON'T CARE. Not Happy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: PBA must go
by Guest » 02/05/13 09:15:18

This post needs to be at the top of the list. Where in the world is PBA. Pandering to FHP again. Why is there no question answer here for us? What are you doing for FWC now PBA? If you use my money again for another agency I will be withdrawing my contribution forever. Maybe PBA should realize there is more then one agency they represent. What bills are we pushing for us this year PBA? Are you working to separate us from the other SLEO's like you did FHP?

Where is our question and answer post? Guess our money is not important to the PBA.

Worthless union. How do we join the Teachers Union. At least they have the balls to fight the legislature. PBA rode their coat tails on the 3% lawsuit. Looks like FEA is going to get the state to give the county working teachers a $2500 pay raise. Where is our pay raise PBA? Oh yeah, bet we have to settle with a bonus.

How do we join FEA (Teachers Union). Cops and teachers together, now that's an idea. At least they have the gumption to ask for stuff and to fight for their people.

02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
This last post is a joke. Lets just take a look at what we have got

Highest top out for patrolmen in the county
Best equipment/cars/rifles with laser sights/etc
City pays all uniform expenses
Short and long term disability
At the PBA urging the city picked up the 3% every other FRS cities members had to pay and put in a 457 account to make us whole
Better working conditions at the PD new break area free coffee, state of the art gym.
Details earnings that count towards our high 5
Monthly stipend for cell phones
Take home cars

Do you think this all happened out of the goodness of the Cities heart. HELLO
TIME TO WAKE UP TO THE MEMBERS WHO ARE SO MISERABLE NOTHING WILL MAKE THEM HAPPY....YOU MISERABLE MEMBERS CAN TRY AND SWITCH BUT THE MAJORITY OF US ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE PBA

02-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Best equipment/cars/rifles with laser sights/etc
City pays all uniform expenses
Short and long term disability
At the PBA urging the city picked up the 3% every other FRS cities members had to pay and put in a 457 account to make us whole
Better working conditions at the PD new break area free coffee, state of the art gym.
Details earnings that count towards our high 5
Monthly stipend for cell phones
Take home cars

Do you think this all happened out of the goodness of the Cities heart. HELLO
TIME TO WAKE UP TO THE MEMBERS WHO ARE SO MISERABLE NOTHING WILL MAKE THEM HAPPY....YOU MISERABLE MEMBERS CAN TRY AND SWITCH BUT THE MAJORITY OF US ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE PBA

THANKS CHIEF

02-09-2013, 01:47 PM

The women get paid less?