PDA

View Full Version : MOD 661 (Coconut Creek)

01-29-2013, 09:56 PM
MOD 1,

Please take a look at what MOD 661 (Coconut Creek) is editing and deleting. No names are being used in posts that are being edited. Furthermore, links to current and accurate newspaper stories are being deleted.

Thanks

mod 661
01-29-2013, 11:15 PM
MOD 1,

Please take a look at what MOD 661 (Coconut Creek) is editing and deleting. No names are being used in posts that are being edited. Furthermore, links to current and accurate newspaper stories are being deleted.

Thanks

To be fair, a past news story is just that, in the past. To be on the safe, and fair side, I have deleted all links to anyone's past with respect to a news story, especially one of the more recent in which the story itself cited an allegation/investigation which did not even occur. The author was contact and he retracted it from his own article. Again, to be fair to everyone, past news aticles are either all allowed, or none will be. And yes, I realize anything in the paper can be considered 'past'. However, 1 year or 10 years ago is reasonable to say is in the past, and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Thank you.

Mod 661

MOD 1
01-30-2013, 04:16 AM
I am looking into it. A few things that I would like to point out.

It is impossible for me to know what was Edited out of a post, unless I have read the post and memorized it, or someone tells me. I can only tell when and who edited a post.

Old newspaper articles are generally deleted. This is done as they are generally only used to slam somebody or make somebody look bad. Current newspaper articles are acceptable as long as you either provide a link to it, or if you quote it, you credit the source.

Moderating the Message Boards is not an exact science. Plus there is a learning curve for new moderators. Mod 661 is doing a good job and is still learning.

I am getting with Mod 661 and if anything is going wrong, we will get it going in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mod 1

02-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Are you kidding me? Please MOD 1 give it a break

MOD 559

02-01-2013, 05:06 AM
The creek moderator is doing a good job cleaning up the vile trash posts

02-01-2013, 02:10 PM
If you start banning the trash posters this nonsense will eventually stop. They will run out of hot spots and wi fi spots and have to travel too far from home to post.

02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Mod 1

Let the Creek moderator continue to try and clean up what has become a vile, nasty character assassination site. I know why you started LEO Affairs and hopefully it will soon go back to exchange of ideas, like problems and information but it can't happen if you let the bottom feeders high jack the site.