PDA

View Full Version : Elections Office

01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Word on the street is that the Outgoing Elections Supervisor has been Indicted.

Anybody have any info on that piece of work?

After all it would not surprise us since WS and her were so tight, and the fact that he miraculously quoted percentages of results with accuracy only a person with such connections could know..

HOPE ALL THE CHICKENS START GETTING ROUNDED UP IN THIS MEXICAN GOVERNMENT WE CALL HENDRY COUNTY.

01-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Not surprised

01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
When is this taking place, or should i just watch news to see if this rumor flops?

01-20-2013, 10:09 PM
I was told it was true by someone who works closely with the elections office, however I have not heard anything else about it. Seems they are keeping it hush hush. I agree, I bet there are alot of brown stained undies running around Hendry County right about now! Jackasses!

02-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Confirmed! The retired SoE plead "no contest" to charges of influencing a voter to change her party affiliation with threats to do bodily harm if the SoE's candidate "lost by one vote."

The tip of the iceberg??? :?:

02-08-2013, 03:29 AM
Election Official Guilty After "Breaking Legs" Comment
Retired Supervisor Of Elections Guilty Of Interfering With Election
LABELLE, FL. -- Former Hendry County Supervisor of Elections Lucretia Strickland has been found guilty of extortion after using her constitutional office to interfere the November 2012 election.

Strickland was sentenced January 23 to a $250 fine, $220 court costs, $50 cost of prosecution. Adjudication was withheld after she plead "no contest' to the charge.

The complainant was Kathalina Monacelli, of the Montura Ranches subdivison in central Hendry county, who may recover any damages and costs incurred in making the complaint.

State Attorney Stephen B. Russell assigned Assistant State Attorney Amira D. Fox to prosecute Strickland after a complaint was filed by Monacelli.

The complaint said that Strickland attempted to coerce Ms. Monacelli to change her political party affiliation and to vote for Brenda Hoots who was a candidate for the office. (And subsequently won the election.)

Monacelli said Strickland threatened bodily harm to her. She heard Strickland say she would "break my legs" if Hoots "lost the election by one vote." Strickland later said she was just joking with her.

The Executive Director of the Commission on Ethics noted that based upon the information provided in the complaint, the above-referenced allegations were sufficient to warrant a preliminary investigation to determine whether Strickland violated Section 112.313(6) of the Florida Statutes, misusing her public position.

Strickland was Hendry County Supervisor of Elections since 1991 and announced her intention to retire from her elected office following the November 6, 2012 general election.

Brenda Hoots was a 21-year employee of the Hendry County Supervisor of Elections Office who served as an Assistant Supervisor of Elections and was elected to serve as the new Hendry County
Supervisor of Elections during the November 2012 general election.

Ms. Monacelli said that although she did not request an absentee ballot from the Handry Courty Supervisor of Elections Ofiice, on July 14, 2012 she received an absentee ballot in the mail for the State-wide primary election for August 12, 2012.

Ms. Monacelli said she preferred to vote it her precinct on election day and-that on July 16, 2012 she visited the Supervisor of Elections Office to make that request.

Ms.Monacelli said while at the office she initially spoke with Ms. Hoots about her request. Subsequently, she spoke with Strickland while Ms. Hoots was making the necessary changes to allow her to cast a ballot on election day.

Ms. Monacelli recalled that during the conversation Ms. Strichland suggested that she change her political party from Republican to Democrat. She was advised her husband Carlos Gonzalez had changed his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat and during their conversation Ms. Strickland told her she should do the same.

Ms Monacelli further recalled that Ms. Strickland said she should vote for Ms. Hoots as the Supervisor of Elections. Ms. Monacelli maintains that Ms. Strickland said if Ms. Hoots lost the election by one vote she would break Ms. Monacelli's legs.

Ms. Monacelli said she took Ms. Strickland's comments seriously. She asserted it was inappropriate for Strickland to have requested that she change her political party affiliation and that she support a candidate favorable to Ms. Strickland even if she attempted to conceal the request in the form of a ridiculous statement such as that Strickland would break her legs if she did not comply.

Ms. Monacelli said Ms. Hoots and another employee of the Supervisor of Elections Office, Mr. Emilio Hernandez were witnesses to her communications with Ms. Strickland on July 16, 2012, as was her husband, who accompanied her to the office that day.

Regarding the comment Ms. Strickland stated, "I had no idea that she would take my nonsensical joking comment as seriously as she apparently has." Ms. Strickland acknowledged she made the above-referenced comments, but she denied they were intended to coerce or persuade Ms. Monacelli into changing her political party affiliation or voting for Ms. Hoots.

02-08-2013, 06:55 PM
NOW we know HOW WS knew of the EXACT count PRIOR to the results coming out.

That woman is guilty of a HELL OF A LOT MORE than just this incident. The whole MEXICAN GOVERNMENT of LaBelle is guilty.

So glad we have a State Law Enforcement Agency that looks the other way. As well as a States Attorney who guaranteed would not have pursued this charge she was fined for if the State Elections did not get involved and pretty much made them do it.

Friggin Joke.

02-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Are you actually serious?
Have you ever met the woman? She talks like that, she is harmless. It's one of her unique charms that she has zero filter, and treats everybody like a best friend that you would and could talk to like that.

You people really have no lives do you? The very sentence proves it was a stupid charge. She got slapped on the wrist and told bad girl.
It was a lack of judgement to speak to people that have no clue that they were being treated like family. You want to be strangers forever, move out of the old South! My dad used to tell me;"Son, when you cross the Hendry County line, you go back in time 40 years."
Get over it.
But we all know you will sit here behind a keyboard and cry big baby tears over it.

02-10-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/21087778/for ... oters-legs (http://www.nbc-2.com/story/21087778/former-elections-supervisor-jokes-about-brekaing-voters-legs)

02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/21087778/former-elections-supervisor-jokes-about-brekaing-voters-legs
Yes it was !! It's also the same reason no one takes Hendry County very seriously...

03-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Well more charges are on the way according to the words on the street for the former elections supervisor.

Maybe we will all get lucky if they continue to probe and sift through the garbage known as government here in Hendry County.