PDA

View Full Version : Jail Commander

01-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Why did the current jail commander get removed from her position? Rumors are flying.

01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Very interesting. Maybe another Captain down at court security is in the works.

01-18-2013, 05:48 AM
She never had a chance. She was on the Sr Commanders list of people to get demoted or fired. Unfortunately for her once she was in his cross hairs he was determined to get her removed. She needs to ask around. He made comments about her just after she was promoted saying it wouldn't be long and she would be replaced. She is just the latest one on his list of women supervisors he doesn't like and has given a hard time.
Everything starts at the top and that attitude and behavior is accepted by the Sheriff so it must be ok. There is no way the Sheriff doesn't know how his Sr Commander is and how he treats people. The Sheriff has people who call and tell him things and there is no way he hasn't gotten calls from people complaining about how the Sr Commander is ruining the department. He chooses to believe his Sr Commander so shame on you Sheriff Morgan. And shame on you for getting rid of the Jail Commander.

01-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Rid of her? What does that mean? If people do not perform up to expectations then they may be demoted or transferred. Personnel are only fired for just cause. There is no shame in a management action that is designed to improve the agency. She is not the first person that may be (I haven't seen the order yet) demoted or transferred or fired and she won't be the last. That's the way things work in a responsive environment with high goals and expectations. Especially the closer you get to the top of the chart where your leadership and decision making have measurable impact. With 96% of the vote it's clear that the Sheriff has the support of his "employers." He must be doing much more good than you give him credit for doing. The only thing you can be certain of during life is change. Don't always see it as a bad or malicious event. Changes happen. Learn to roll with them or find another job that you can contribute to in a positive manner.

01-18-2013, 12:48 PM
I agree a person can be demoted or transfered if not performing up to expectations. The expectations should be make clear at the beginning and members on the same staff should not have one of their goals be create enough turmoil that the person fails. If the Administration is going to be successful they need to do it as a team and help each other. Not be the first one to bring another down. The Sheriff received the approval from his "employers" because of so many hard working people at the department who supported him and conveyed that message to his "employers". Unfortunately it appears as if he has forgotten that.

01-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I find it amusing that if something goes wrong at the office it's the Sr Commander's fault. You guys have elevated him to "King" status. I'm pretty sure he has the most power in the world reading all the posts. The only thing you haven't accused him of is using VooDoo dolls. The ironic part is go back several years and you can read the same things about the Chief Aiken. Something like "The Red Baron" .. this or that. Now, it's the Sr Commander. I wonder who will be next. I really enjoy reading all of the posts here, it would make a great soap opera. All we need is the ECSO weekly digest, who's coming, who's going, who's on the list who's not. Keep up the good work, keeps the rest of us entertained, because obviously you don't have anything constructive going on in your own life.

01-19-2013, 12:51 AM
I find it amusing that if something goes wrong at the office it's the Sr Commander's fault. You guys have elevated him to "King" status. I'm pretty sure he has the most power in the world reading all the posts. The only thing you haven't accused him of is using VooDoo dolls. The ironic part is go back several years and you can read the same things about the Chief Aiken. Something like "The Red Baron" .. this or that. Now, it's the Sr Commander. I wonder who will be next. I really enjoy reading all of the posts here, it would make a great soap opera. All we need is the ECSO weekly digest, who's coming, who's going, who's on the list who's not. Keep up the good work, keeps the rest of us entertained, because obviously you don't have anything constructive going on in your own life.

This post is right on the mark, only one error. They have accused him of using VooDoo dolls!

01-19-2013, 01:46 AM
It is well known the Sr. Commander is a holy roller. He does not like gays or women.
I would take the Red Baron back any day.

01-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Who wants a Chief that pouts? He came back, locked himself in his office and wouldn't talk to anyone. This is how he has always been after he doesn't get his way or he's been caught at his crap. The only people on here trying to put his faults on Eric are his family and the two friends he has. It's not going to work. He is useless as a Chief and I'm glad the Sheriff finally figured it out. Now all he needs to do is remove him from that position.

01-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Who wants a Chief that pouts? He came back, locked himself in his office and wouldn't talk to anyone. This is how he has always been after he doesn't get his way or he's been caught at his crap. The only people on here trying to put his faults on Eric are his family and the two friends he has. It's not going to work. He is useless as a Chief and I'm glad the Sheriff finally figured it out. Now all he needs to do is remove him from that position.

You are completely foolish!

01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Somebody finally got it.. If he wants to play with the big boys, he can't keep taking his toys and going home. They have played the blame game, the oh poor Chief game, the you scr...d the Chief game, when those didn't get the response they wanted, they play the I'll get even with you I won't speak or even acknowledge your existence, unless the Sheriff is in view then I will grin and bear it, then go to my office and hide. I say "they" because it pertains to the entire group. Easy to see who the "they" are just watch how "they" treat anyone "they" feel has been involved in the conspiracy to have the Chief removed. Think he might actually ever entertain the idea that he might actually be the problem and admit it? Okay, so I went to far. :snicker:

01-21-2013, 11:09 PM
If it's true he isn't speaking to them then I say good for him. Why should he talk to them when they didn't even wait for him to leave before running to the sheriff with their lies and stories of favoritism. They all went around saying they were ordered by the Sheriff not to talk to him. They can't be trusted. They turned their backs on him I would stay in my office too.

01-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Why don't he just stay at home where he is a King? We really don't want to see him walking around pouting like some one just took his favorite toy. What a kid.

01-22-2013, 03:27 AM
Why don't he just stay at home where he is a King? We really don't want to see him walking around pouting like some one just took his favorite toy. What a kid.

Eric will put a knife in your back soon and we will tell you the same thing.

01-23-2013, 01:03 AM
A little humility would go along way in restoring his reputation. As far as I know there is only one person that was perfect while on earth and guess what it isn't him. His martyr demeanor really is getting old. He either wants to be a leader or he doesn't. He is the only one that can decide what is more important, being personally right or doing what's best for the entire group. It all comes down to his choice.

01-23-2013, 01:58 AM
A little humility would go along way in restoring his reputation. As far as I know there is only one person that was perfect while on earth and guess what it isn't him. His martyr demeanor really is getting old. He either wants to be a leader or he doesn't. He is the only one that can decide what is more important, being personally right or doing what's best for the entire group. It all comes down to his choice.

There is no "personally right." There is right and there is wrong. What is "best for the group" doesn't impact which category the decision falls into.