PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff defies Federal Assault Weapon Ban

01-16-2013, 11:18 AM
The link below outlines the a Sheriff in Oregon as well as others across the nation that will NOT enforce the President's assault weapon ban if passed. I wouldn't expect something like that in our county because people cannot stop killing each other (and the Sheriff says violent crime is lower this year) but it makes for an interesting idea.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/16/us/oregon-sheriff-gun-laws/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

01-16-2013, 04:51 PM
I was just about to post this myself, really great to see a high level LEO interested in protecting the rights of citizens. Too bad our sheriff would never have the guts to do such a thing.

01-16-2013, 05:35 PM
I was just about to post this myself, really great to see a high level LEO interested in protecting the rights of citizens. Too bad our sheriff would never have the guts to do such a thing.

Agreed. It takes a man with a spine to stand up for something like this. All of his admin are jellyfish so we know that nothing like this will happen here.

01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
The Sheriff has already stated publicly on television that he won't allow gun confiscation in Escambia County and that he will uphold the Constitution. You hide behind anonymity and call him spineless?

01-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Ok "Guest"...and where does gun confiscation come into play? There has never been talk of confiscation.

01-16-2013, 11:04 PM
I didn't see that word used either. Another birther or prepper!

01-17-2013, 02:25 AM
The Sheriff has already stated publicly on television that he won't allow gun confiscation in Escambia County and that he will uphold the Constitution. You hide behind anonymity and call him spineless?

Morgan did? I was not aware of that.When? Where? Surprises me, wonder if he would actually write a letter like the Sheriff in Oregon and stick to it.Suppose we may find out.I dislike Morgan for various reasons but could respect him a bit if were to take a stand not just on confiscation but other unconstitutional acts related to firearms.

01-17-2013, 04:13 AM

Morgan did? I was not aware of that.When? Where? Surprises me, wonder if he would actually write a letter like the Sheriff in Oregon and stick to it.Suppose we may find out.I dislike Morgan for various reasons but could respect him a bit if were to take a stand not just on confiscation but other unconstitutional acts related to firearms.

On his recent BLAB show with Dale Tharp, Malcom Thomas & Norm Ross.

01-17-2013, 11:31 AM

Oh, so the Sheriff said he, "Wouldn't confiscate" guns on his BLAB show? Is that what you are referring too? Confiscation is nowhere in any statement from the Government nor in the letter linked by the Sheriff in Oregon. The entire topic refers to Counties and in Mississippi, the State Governor is asking for legislation by his state to NOT enforce the President's Executive Order. So back to your claim, where does "confiscation" come into play? We confiscate weapons all the time when they are used in a crime, by court order or in possession by a mentally unstable person.

Our Sheriff doesn't have the courage to stand up for this. Our murder rate is bad enough and he knows it would politically be his end, regardless if he planned on running again or not. Truth is that assault rifles on count for less then 2.5% of the murders across the country but since the media has made another mess of misreporting, America has spun to the wrong course of action. We all know that the bad guys don't follow the rules, they break into homes and businesses to take your gun(s).

01-17-2013, 06:57 PM
How do you know what our Sheriff has the courage to do? You are just a hater. The fact that Sheriff Morgan may be an ally in a cause you hold dear is too much for your little hater brain to accept.

01-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Sheriff Morgan would have to consult with Sr Commander Haines first before making a decision