PDA

View Full Version : HPD ???

12-28-2012, 01:00 PM
How is it working for HPD. Honest answers please...pay, schedule, advancment, etc...I have 2+ yrs road patrol experience with a county agency and looking to move to the Hollywood area. Spoke with HR who advised that you don't do ride alongs. Thanks in advance.

12-30-2012, 05:18 AM
It sucks open your eyes. City hall manipulated their budget forecast to take advantage of a week statute coined "financial urgency" which allowed them in their minds to break our contract.They took away our pay -pension which we contribute aprox 10 percent -shoved a lesser one up our rear ends and eliminated our step raises. An independant audit caught them hidding over 20 million in one of their funds. All of this is going to court . They even have the balls to speak about ethics . If you or I conducted ourselves as such we would go to prison . Officers are fleeing this shithole in mass . There are plenty of worthy agencies why take such disrespect ?

01-03-2013, 03:09 AM
It sucks open your eyes. City hall manipulated their budget forecast to take advantage of a week statute coined "financial urgency" which allowed them in their minds to break our contract.They took away our pay -pension which we contribute aprox 10 percent -shoved a lesser one up our rear ends and eliminated our step raises. An independant audit caught them hidding over 20 million in one of their funds. All of this is going to court . They even have the balls to speak about ethics . If you or I conducted ourselves as such we would go to prison . Officers are fleeing this shithole in mass . There are plenty of worthy agencies why take such disrespect ?

Sound great go ahead and leave there are plenty of applicant ready to take your place and at starting pay rates. Thanks, hope you listen to yourself and leave this bad place. Please leave.

01-03-2013, 10:46 AM

Sound great go ahead and leave there are plenty of applicant ready to take your place and at starting pay rates. Thanks, hope you listen to yourself and leave this bad place. Please leave.

Oh I see a city Hall troll on here, yes the quality applicants are applying in droves, they are failing the academy tests and crying while working out because you have captured the top applicants. Never in HPD History has standards been so low, but they will find a uniform to fit them so go ahead, hire away!!!

01-05-2013, 12:04 AM

Oh I see a city Hall troll on here, yes the quality applicants are applying in droves, they are failing the academy tests and crying while working out because you have captured the top applicants. Never in HPD History has standards been so low, but they will find a uniform to fit them so go ahead, hire away!!!

I tend to disagree with you. There are many qualified applicants who apply and can pass the entire process but often times do not even get an interview or go beyond it. Take a look at some of the applicants and their background for yourself.

01-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Well every agency has someone whining about their pay including my current. That's not a real issue to me. What id really like to know is what tyoe of shifts do you work? 8hr, 10hr, 12hr?? How do weekends off work? Alternate or by seniority? Also is there good oppurtunities to get into specialized units once the time/seniority is given?

01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
YOU WOULD DO WELL TO CHOOSE AN AGENCY THAT IS NOT THE LOWEST PAY SCALE - HAS NOT HAD THEIR PENSION GUTTED- HAS A D.R.O.P. AND IS NOT AT WAR WITH SHITTY HALL

01-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Well every agency has someone whining about their pay including my current. That's not a real issue to me. What id really like to know is what tyoe of shifts do you work? 8hr, 10hr, 12hr?? How do weekends off work? Alternate or by seniority? Also is there good oppurtunities to get into specialized units once the time/seniority is given?
Rotating days off in patrol. Days work 8 hrs, aft and mids 10 hrs. Specialized units is by way of the Good Ole Boy system....

Starting pay is decreased by 9.15% after the first year for pension and no pay raises in sight. Work 30 years and leave with 60% (2% a year). Stay away from Hollywood, go to BSO or Seminole...

01-18-2013, 04:50 AM
[quote=Guest]It sucks open your eyes. City hall manipulated their budget forecast to take advantage of a week statute coined "financial urgency" which allowed them in their minds to break our contract.They took away our pay -pension which we contribute aprox 10 percent -shoved a lesser one up our rear ends and eliminated our step raises. An independant audit caught them hidding over 20 million in one of their funds. All of this is going to court . They even have the balls to speak about ethics . If you or I conducted ourselves as such we would go to prison . Officers are fleeing this shithole in mass . There are plenty of worthy agencies why take such disrespect ?

I tend to disagree with you. There are many qualified applicants who apply and can pass the entire process but often times do not even get an interview or go beyond it. Take a look at some of the applicants and their background for yourself.[/quote:hfucfhzk]

This might be true, the City Leaders Choose the bottom of the barrel, giving friends and family preferential treatment forgoing the better candidate. It still ends up with the same outcome, failing trainees.