PDA

View Full Version : New UnderSheriff

12-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Cameron tabbed in Monroe County
Share this story:

By DREW WINCHESTER Charlotte county Sun
Staff Writer
Text Size:

Outgoing Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron has been selected to be second in command to Monroe County Sheriff-elect Rick Ramsay, according to a release made public by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. Ramsay takes office in January. According to the release, Ramsay announced it to his employees Wednesday afternoon. “After long, hard thought and much consideration, I have chosen current Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron for the position,” Ramsay was quoted as saying in the release. “I have known Bill for some time now, having met him four years ago in Tallahassee while attending the conference for new sheriffs. Over the past four years, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office have worked closely together in a number of areas, including overhauling the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Property Division, and on Corrections and Law Enforcement Accreditation inspections.
“I have continued to be impressed with him both professionally and personally,” Ramsay said. “He has owned a home here in the Keys for a number of years, spending a lot of time here in our county. I know he looks forward to becoming a permanent resident and an involved community member.

12-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Cameron tabbed in Monroe County
Share this story:

By DREW WINCHESTER Charlotte county Sun
Staff Writer
Text Size:

Outgoing Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron has been selected to be second in command to Monroe County Sheriff-elect Rick Ramsay, according to a release made public by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. Ramsay takes office in January. According to the release, Ramsay announced it to his employees Wednesday afternoon. “After long, hard thought and much consideration, I have chosen current Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron for the position,” Ramsay was quoted as saying in the release. “I have known Bill for some time now, having met him four years ago in Tallahassee while attending the conference for new sheriffs. Over the past four years, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office have worked closely together in a number of areas, including overhauling the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Property Division, and on Corrections and Law Enforcement Accreditation inspections.
“I have continued to be impressed with him both professionally and personally,” Ramsay said. “He has owned a home here in the Keys for a number of years, spending a lot of time here in our county. I know he looks forward to becoming a permanent resident and an involved community member.
This selection says a lot about the new Sheriff and what he thinks about the current employees.

12-26-2012, 04:43 AM
Dear brother and sister deputies of the Monroe County Sheriff's Office:
As a veteran of the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office I feel compelled to warn you about your incoming under-sheriff. The gentleman in question "BC" has been the Sheriff in Charlotte county since 2008 and served as under-sheriff prior to that for several years . BC Is a gifted politician and will do his level best to convince the line-level deputies that he is a square dealing, fair and honest leader who has nothing but the purest intentions of serving the agency and public. The reality is BC cares only about whats good for him and his buddies. He will bring in friends from outside your agency to fill do-nothing positions at high pay while putting a strangle hold on your benefits and compensation. The last four years BC spent most of his time as an absentee Sheriff in Charlotte County only appearing when it was convenient and beneficial to him while his "Leadership" team did nothing but in-fight and run ruff shot over the agency. They hired friends and family at will while squeezing out longtime, committed members of the agency, the blood of one will forever be on BC and incoming Sheriff BP's hands forever. He had Captains who should have been investigated for criminal actions overseeing entire divisions and hired pals from Lee County who were under severe scrutiny for issues such as conduct and integrity failings at their previous agency's. BC had dreams of Tallahassee in his head when he ran four years ago and when that didn't work out he spent the rest of his term trying to decide if he really wanted be be Sheriff. That lead to him pulling the plug in the middle of the night just six week or so into his re-election bid this past spring. BC submitted an explanation indicating he decided it was time to retire after 30+ years in the law enforcement business to spend time with his ailing family members. That's sound very honorable but last time I checked being the under sheriff at a big time outfit such as the Monroe County Sheriff's Office is nothing short of a very time consuming and demanding position. In closing I know many of you will read this and think this is being submitted by some deputy with a grudge against his boss or some sour grapes type of thing. The truth is I don't even like LEOaffairs.com , I feel it is a caustic and negative tool but as I said after learning of the news a few days ago I feel compelled to for warn my colleagues just as we were warned by our friends at the Lee County SO a few years ago.

Be safe and God Bless

01-06-2013, 03:26 AM
You guys are so screwed. I am so sorry this idiot has been chosen as your undersheriff. Praying for you guys.

He will probably run for sheriff in 4 years.

- CCSO Employee....

01-06-2013, 01:16 PM
read the ccso posts and good luck to you guys. Bc is only about BC and his roving eyes

01-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Tjank you brothers. We figured he would be the same. This the same wsy ramsay is. Ramsay is currently dating his sgt's ex-wife. Birds of a feather flock together. Be safe up there.

01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Just hope you don't have a major Hurricane like Charlotte Co did in 2004. We had to beg after the storm to get some time off to find places for our families to live after homes were destroyed. We were threatened with being fired if we didn't show up for work, even though some of the employees were homeless. Other agencies came to help so they could take over day to day operations so those who needed to attened to personal needs could get the time off. They were told no, that his people needed to work. That is the reason we had a wave of people that left the agency soon after Hurricane Charley, due to the lack of compassion the administration had for their employees after the storm. Very sad.

watercop
02-15-2013, 03:07 PM
I’m just a front line boot myself, but I would like to comment on a couple of the above quotes; to the first Guest stating “He will bring in friends from outside your agency to fill do-nothing positions at high pay while putting a strangle hold on your benefits and compensation” this is a stupid or maybe just an uneducated statement, unless your living under a rock you would know that the current/future budgets will not even foster the opportunity for “do-nothing positions” let alone bringing outsiders to fill such positions, and unless you’re a complete idiot (or again uneducated to Ramsay and the AOR) Sheriff Ramsay would never allow this nor will he allow anyone to run the Sheriff’s Office out from under him.

To guest#1 who states; “Tjank you brothers. We figured he would be the same. This the same wsy ramsay is. Ramsay is currently dating his sgt's ex-wife. Birds of a feather flock together”. My first comment to you is this; Your writing skills have a lot to be desired for, PROOF READ WHAT YOU WRITE, and if you’re reading skills are equal to your writing skills then get one of your partners/buddies to proof read things for you (yes I have said this before in other posts). So what the Hell is wrong with dating someone’s ex-wife? Ramsay didn’t cause or facilitate the breakup or divorce. God forbid two SINGLE people meet, fall in love and be happy together, are you jealous? Miserable with your own partner/relationship? Seriously, get a life and get off the hate band-wagon. If you’re a good cop, professional, do your job and get involved in the community you serve, you will never have to fear an administration that holds its employees accountable, in fact you will probably move swiftly up the promotional ladder. It’s that simple.

Stay vigilant, stay safe.

Watercop.