PDA

View Full Version : wholesale firings at BSO

12-20-2012, 04:04 PM
I was speaking to a friend at another SO in Florida and asked why his dept. doesn't replace all of the upper echelon when a new sheriff comes in. He said it was because they had a very professional dept. which values experience and doesn't believe in retaliation for backing a different candidate. Some of the command staff are moved to other supervisory positions, but few, if any, are terminated.

I wonder why BSO missed out on that! From the remarks in the posts on this site, it looks like the inmates have taken over the assylum.

12-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I was speaking to a friend at another SO in Florida and asked why his dept. doesn't replace all of the upper echelon when a new sheriff comes in. He said it was because they had a very professional dept. which values experience and doesn't believe in retaliation for backing a different candidate. Some of the command staff are moved to other supervisory positions, but few, if any, are terminated.

I wonder why BSO missed out on that! From the remarks in the posts on this site, it looks like the inmates have taken over the assylum.

Which Department is that?

12-20-2012, 05:02 PM

Perhaps Sheriff-elect Isreal knows of the unethical and borderline criminal activity conducted by those who are no longer needed! May your "FRIENDS" Sheriff Office can youse some corrupt individuals?

12-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Do you want to know about retaliation? Ask all the people who got shafted by Lamberti for supporting Israel the first time around. Better yet, talk to the people in DOD who got an even bigger shaft for endorsing Israel the first time around. Karma is a ***** my friend!

12-21-2012, 01:52 AM

Wow! Maybe newly elected Presidents should do the same as well?

12-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Still would like to know which SO takes that progressive attitude towards retention of personnel? Thanks.

12-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Still would like to know which SO takes that progressive attitude towards retention of personnel? Thanks.

Probably some backwoods, hick town SO, with 8 cops.

12-21-2012, 02:19 AM
As I stated in other posts...Sheriff-Elect Israel is on a personal vendetta against numerous tenured, career service protected employees who didn't hold his sign in the election. Good luck with the terminations, PB County tried that years ago and all affected employees won their jobs back with benefits. This inept decision will cost the taxpayers of Broward County millions of dollars, but who cares...it's not Israel's money defending these lawsuits; it's the citizens of Broward County...Good luck BSO...you will need it with this guy running your shop.

12-21-2012, 04:12 AM
As I stated in other posts...Sheriff-Elect Israel is on a personal vendetta against numerous tenured, career service protected employees who didn't hold his sign in the election. Good luck with the terminations, PB County tried that years ago and all affected employees won their jobs back with benefits. This inept decision will cost the taxpayers of Broward County millions of dollars, but who cares...it's not Israel's money defending these lawsuits; it's the citizens of Broward County...Good luck BSO...you will need it with this guy running your shop.

And the past five years with the Lamer have been peachy? Get lost!

12-21-2012, 05:10 PM

Career Service protected?

12-21-2012, 05:49 PM

Try Orange County you twit. They eat BSO for lunch!

12-22-2012, 08:40 PM

Try Orange County you twit. They eat BSO for lunch!

I remember now! They also ate former Miami Dade Major Aaron Campbell too! LOL! I guess FHP Trooper Watts learned how to go after other cops from Orange County SO! LOL!

12-26-2012, 01:08 AM
It simply amazes me, the seemingly limitless ability of some people on this site, to just make s**t up

Florida employment law is based on the general rule that any employee may be discharged by the employer, or may leave the job, for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason. In other words, an employer in Florida may hire and fire any employee at any time for any reason. It doesn’t matter if there is no reason, a bad reason, a good reason, or just the result of a whimsical decision. Likewise, the employee is free to quit a job at any time without any reason and without any notice. THERE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ANY REASON FOR FIRING OR FOR QUITTING. This is referred to in the law as the “Employment at Will” doctrine.

The above “employment at will” relationship between an employer and an employee changes if there is an employment contract between the parties. Then the relationship is governed by the terms of the contract.

The “employment at will” relationship may also be altered by a labor union contract if the employer and employee are governed by such a contract. The employment relationship here is governed by the labor union agreement with the employer.

Civil Service employees and employees of governmental organizations that have a merit system protection or other forms of merit retention or civil service type protection do not fall under the general rule of the “employment at will” doctrine. Such employees such look to its civil service rule or similar rules to determine the nature of the employment relationship.

A “personnel manual” or “employee handbook” given to employees by a corporate employer does not (at least in Florida) give the employee contractual rights. It is important to know the rules and regulations of the corporation concerning is employees, but these rules do not automatically give employees certain legal rights that are enforceable in a court of law.

Of course, even in an “employment at will” state such as Florida, an employer covered by specific federal and state laws governing employer / employee relations, cannot discharge or attempt to discharge or take any adverse employment action regarding an employee that violates such law(s). All of those statutes and laws are too numerous to discuss on this website.

FOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON EMPLOYMENT LAW GO TO: WWW.FDLES.STATE.FL.US/FAQ/DEFAULT.HTM (http://WWW.FDLES.STATE.FL.US/FAQ/DEFAULT.HTM)

A brief listing of some of the laws governing employment are as follows:

Labor Management Relations Act of 1947 The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1973 The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 The Civil Rights Act of 1866 The Civil Rights Act of 1964 The Civil Rights Act of 1991 Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 Sections 1981 through 1988 of Title 42 of the United States Code The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 The Fair Labor Standards Act The Occupational Safety and Health Act The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 The Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992 The Florida Equal Pay Act, Section 725.07, Florida Statutes Equal Pay Act of 1963 The Florida Whistleblower Act, Section 448.102, Florida Statutes Florida's Workers' Comp. Anti-Retaliation Provision, Sec. 440.205, Florida Statutes Florida's Wage Rate Provision, Section 448.07, Florida Statutes The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 The Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973 The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 Executive Order 11141 Executive Order 11246 Executive Order 11375

Attorney Profiles Office Directions Govt. Agencies

Law Links Search

H