PDA

View Full Version : Due Process Rights in Medley???

12-10-2012, 05:43 PM
By BILL DALEY/Assistant Editor The Miami Herald

In other council news:

• It did not turn out to be a good night for Bob Ruiz, the town’s electrical inspector, because by the end of the meeting, he was the town’s former electrical inspector.

Vice Mayor Griselia Digiacomo made a motion that he be terminated, new councilperson Susana Guasch issued a second and a vote was taken. The vote was 3-2 to pass the motion.
But there was plenty of discussion and plenty of disagreement among the council.
According to Digiacomo, it was recently discovered that, without any council approval or knowledge, potential contractors approaching the town for permits in the Building and Zoning Department were being charged an extra $350 on top of the regular permit fees — fees that were going directly to Ruiz without the town seeing any of the added revenue.

“To be honest, I’m not even sure how legal it is and I just don’t feel Mr. Ruiz can be trusted at this point,” said Digiacomo. “We need to find a way to keep costs down in order to attract new business, not drive them up.”

“I feel it’s very unethical and we as a town do not want to be known as doing business that way,” said Guasch.

After Edgar Ayala voted yes, the necessary votes were there before Jack Morrow voted no and Martell voted no as well.

“I was mayor of this town for nearly 10 years and never once fired anybody,” said Morrow. “Not because I was soft, but just that I did not believe in trying to ruin people’s lives without just cause. I feel that Mr. Ruiz should be given some sort of due process rights here that he’s not being given.” Martell agreed.

“I would have voted for a suspension myself pending a complete investigation, but the vote to terminate has been made,” said Martell. “But we will need to look further into the matter.”

Looking further into the matter will mean that a special workshop will be held soon (no date was given) to look into the entire process of permit fees at, which time exactly what took place in Ruiz’s case will be reviewed. And if it’s determined that Ruiz was wrongfully terminated, the possibility of reinstatement could be discussed.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/06/v ... rylink=cpy (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/06/v-fullstory/3128132/medley-council-reaches-20-year.html#storylink=cpy)

12-13-2012, 01:33 PM
For I say to you that every idle word that people will speak, they will give an answer for it in the Day of Judgment

12-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Sec. 35-29. - Removal of personnel.

All police officers serving under the Chief of Police or any other personnel of the Police Department shall serve at the will of the Town Council and may be removed with or without cause as a majority of the Town Council shall decide, the majority being the affirmative vote of three Councilmembers.

12-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Sec. 35-27. - Direction, control of department.

The Chief of Police shall have the immediate direction and control of the Police Department created pursuant to this article, subject only to the limitations and restrictions set forth in the charter of the town. He shall devote such time as may be reasonably necessary to the discharge of his official duties, and in his absence from the town he shall designate to act as Chief of Police during his absence or disability one of the other members of the Police Department as acting Chief of Police and the member so designated shall serve without additional compensation.

12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
i agree. i guess this loca just wants to justify why she fired these officers. THere is NO JUSTIFICATION! it's wrong on so many levels. she knows it and eventually she's going down.... she knows that too

01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Lt good luck from all of us on Wednesday

01-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Does anyone know if the meeting is open to the public? Is it a special meeting? I thought it had to be at town council meeting?

01-06-2013, 05:55 AM
I heard its a special council meeting open to the public at 5:30. be there. it will be good

01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
whats going to happen at this meeting?

01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Best wishes for Lt. Joe. I will be there supporting you. I encourage all of you to go and hear them out!

01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Dont worry LT you got alot of support coming your way.

01-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Medley should really be in Mexico. The type of govt. corruption is that of the cartel. Very scary. Exposure needs to come...and quickly.

01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Your supporters will be there tomorrow at 5:30 pm. Its so obvious they scheduled it for 5:30 instead of the normal meeting hour of 7pm to male it difficult for people to show up. What do they have to hide? I'm showing up regardless and I know others will too. Good Luck

12-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Hey is it true that our ex zero LT. Joe only lasted one week at the Trump resort? I'm sure they found out vey quick what zero he is.

12-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey is it true that our ex zero LT. Joe only lasted one week at the Trump resort? I'm sure they found out vey quick what zero he is.
He should have taken Freddy with him, oh wait a minute, that couldn't happen since Freddy got him fired

12-19-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm sure you corrupt a holes had something to do with it. Why wont you guys let him be its obvious he has moved on. Haven't you done enough damage already. You got what you wanted he is no longer here. Let it be.

12-19-2013, 06:49 PM

hey pepe, maybe if you would have spent more time doing your job of clearing those innocent officers (joe and jorge) and less time on leo affairs you would have actually won that simple case. then again, since you're on a losing streak....
those guys would have been better off being represented by the PBA that as u can see were able to get freddy his job back. Obviously they are better attoneys that you.
you're garbage and you are just as corrupt as everyone else.
now you wanna cry b/c those guys ain't paying you, and believe me from what i've heard you aren't getting a red cent.
everyone knows and the LT even has proof (so get ready) that you had to do with him leaving doral. You actually did him a favor, b/c there are better options for him however you still don't mess with an innocent man's career or make threats. do you really know what you're getting yourself into????
get ready you no good liar and unethical piece of s--- i smell a bar complaint cooking
Merry christmas because you most certainly will have a lousy new year!

12-19-2013, 08:08 PM
this is ridiculous

apparently our LT was the only interesting thing in medley.
nothing else is ever spoken about

is there anything better to talk about in medley?

is the chief still clueless? how's boyer doing in the cabin? is jack young screwing someone else over? is artie still cheating on his wife? so many other things to talk about .....

get a life

12-20-2013, 12:31 AM
this is ridiculous

is the chief still clueless? how's boyer doing in the cabin? is jack young screwing someone else over? is artie still cheating on his wife? so many other things to talk about .....

get a life

Yeah lets talk about la culona de mantequilla of freddys wife cheating on him :devil:

12-20-2013, 12:54 AM
this is ridiculous

get a life

Yeah lets talk about la culona de mantequilla of freddys wife cheating on him :devil:

No Joe, let's talk about your wife leaving you for another girl.

12-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh boy Retardie don't awake a sleeping giant.

12-21-2013, 03:39 AM
This site is lame. Same old talk. You all need to move on. Boring :roll: