PDA

View Full Version : PBA Can't Stop Bleeding

12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Over 200 members quit so far. Keep up the good work. The Executive Board credit cards are being reigned in finally. They are going broke!

12-10-2012, 04:56 PM

12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Has anyone looked into a legal plan that a number of us could enter into that would provide the same legal protection that the PBA provides. The only reason I stay is because of the legal protection. If something could be worked out with a law firm I would definitely quit the PBA and pay monthly for a separate legal protection plan. Just a thought.

12-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I joined plea.net.
Already have used them. One phone call and had face to face meeting with attorney. You choose off of their list or they'll recommend someone. It's actually easier than the PBA which makes you drive down there just to sign up for an attorney. And the plea attorneys don't act like they're buddies with BSO and are just going through the motions.
I was impressed.

12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Many ways....
However you still need a union so you can collectively bargain with your employer.
There is the FOP which allows you to join the Labor Council. Or you can go to www.fop.net (http://www.fop.net) and utilize the FOPs national defense plan. Lastly, as a FOP Lodge, you have the ability to not use either and contract out for your own legal services like several lodges do throughout Broward like Ft Laud, Sunrise and Plantation.

12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
The fOp is all Lamberti. He used to be a big wig with th
Back in the day.

12-12-2012, 07:15 PM
The fOp is all Lamberti. He used to be a big wig with th
Back in the day.

Lamberti is still an active member of lodge 32. Many captains,lt and upper command staff Are still members of the local in broward. How hard would it be to call in a favor to no defend to properly. We left the fop for a reason. We left because they became just like the current pba. You can keep going back and forth between the same two pieces of garbage or go to the new game in town that has no ties to the sheriffs office.r

12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey Marano, how does it feel to be a lame duck organization. We ARE making a change and you and Brickman will be put out to pasture. You and Brickman underestimated me and you screwed up. What you guys did to Sheriff Israel is unforgivable! Say goodbye to BSO and hello to bankruptcy.

Mark Trudel
Proud to be a former PBA member

12-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Pass this along to anyone who is still a member of the PBA.

The PBA is in serious financial trouble and is about to be bankrupted. The two full time lawyers that we have all known for years, Barbara Duffy and Claudia Estrada are no longer with the PBA. Their vacancies have been filled by one part time lawyer who is an ex Ft Lauderdale Police Officer and he is only used case by case. Do the math. $826,000 a year from BSO Deputies plus another $800,00 from the rest of the municipalities. Over 1.5 million dollars a year. Braverman,Millian, Bogensutz are case by case, 4 secretaries/office staff, lights, supplies and taxes. This does not come close to 1.5 million a year. Where does all of your money go?????? I can tell you. It goes to Tallahassee bars, restaraunts and hotels where your union reps are spending your money. They tell you that it's for trying to push legislation. Well what has Hanrahan, Marano or Brickman accomplished in Tallahassee? Nothing because the state level PBA hire lobyists to do it for them. They spend your money to shake hands.

I can tell you this. It makes no difference what you think you are doing in Tallahassee when the local is suffering. If you can;t take care of the local membership,it does not matter what you think you are doing in Tallahassee. There are allegations of money mismanagement at the PBA. The PBA refuses to release any financial statements and tells you not to worry. Well I have another question for the PBA which raises a good point. Now that Pat Hanrahan is no longer the PBA president and Jeff Marano took his spot, why has there been no effort to remove from your current contract the fact that you still have to give the PBA 2 hours of your earned benefit so they can conduct union business? I personally think this mandatory 2 hr deduction is illegal but I am not a mamber so they can't take my time.

When will everyone wake up and leave the PBA? They are raping your paycheck every two weeks and you gladly let them do it again paycheck after paycheck. I wish everyone wakes up and takes notice of all the B.S that the PBA is doing to you.

12-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Hey Marano, how does it feel to be a lame duck organization. We ARE making a change and you and Brickman will be put out to pasture. You and Brickman underestimated me and you screwed up. What you guys did to Sheriff Israel is unforgivable! Say goodbye to BSO and hello to bankruptcy.

Mark Trudel
Mark you are so full of yourself its becoming silly. No one gives you sole credit for Scott winning. Please get over it you're no hero. :snicker: :snicker:
PS: Maybe you should erect a statue of yourself and placed it at the PSB entrance.

12-13-2012, 04:19 AM
I agree I think Mark and Russ should all be re-psyched. You guys are unstable with all the BS you spew. Mark you worked undercover to get Scott elected. Russ the Feds are going to arrest the Lamberti crime family for the past 5 years now. Wow it is scary.

12-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Lodge 32 is the lodge that represents the DOD Lts. It, like all lodges has a fraternal component.
Any union is subject to corruption like any organization, but it is prevented by a Executive Board which is held responsible to its members through trust, hard work and transparancy.
If the PBA is spending money on its E-Board to go to bars, food, etc....well shame on them.
Either get a new union or throw/elect them out.
Your salary, benefits and future are too important for petty bickering on this site.

12-13-2012, 01:05 PM

Mark Trudel
Mark you are so full of yourself its becoming silly. No one gives you sole credit for Scott winning. Please get over it you're no hero. :snicker: :snicker:
PS: Maybe you should erect a statue of yourself and placed it at the PSB entrance.

You must be one of the eight PBA cowards that are going back to the road.

12-13-2012, 01:24 PM
The PBA is such a dirty, corrupt BS system and when you do the math you have to know that they bring in over 1.5 million a year. The trips are all first class. Cars, booze and gals!

Political favors! Just look who the Governor has on the FDLE Commission and tell me payoffs don't go far!

Criminal Justice
Standards and Training Commission

Mr. Ernest W. George, Chairman Florida State Resident (PBA)

Sheriff Ric L. Bradshaw, Vice-Chairman Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office

Deputy Secretary Michael D. Crews Department of Corrections (Proxy)

Captain Steve Courtoy Office of the Attorney General (Proxy)

Colonel David H. Brierton Director, Florida Highway Patrol

Sheriff John H. Rutherford Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office

Sheriff Susan Benton Highlands County Sheriff’s Office

Police Chief TBA

Police Chief TBA

Chief Steven Steinberg Aventura Police Department

Sergeant Michael “Mick” McHale Sarasota Police Department (PBA)

Sergeant John J. Rivera Miami-Dade Police Department (PBA)

Officer Kathleen A. Connell Tallahassee Police Department (PBA)

Officer Patrick M. Hanrahan Broward Sheriff’s Office (PBA)

Law Enforcement Officer TBA

Warden Edward L. Griffin Marion Correctional Institution

Correctional Officer TBA

Director James C. Brock, Jr. St. Petersburg College

Captain Bennie G. Coleman Columbia County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility

Brian Fernandes, Commission Attorney Office of Statewide Prosecution

12-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Pass this along to anyone who is still a member of the PBA.

The PBA is in serious financial trouble and is about to be bankrupted. The two full time lawyers that we have all known for years, Barbara Duffy and Claudia Estrada are no longer with the PBA. Their vacancies have been filled by one part time lawyer who is an ex Ft Lauderdale Police Officer and he is only used case by case. Do the math. $826,000 a year from BSO Deputies plus another $800,00 from the rest of the municipalities. Over 1.5 million dollars a year. Braverman,Millian, Bogensutz are case by case, 4 secretaries/office staff, lights, supplies and taxes. This does not come close to 1.5 million a year. Where does all of your money go?????? I can tell you. It goes to Tallahassee bars, restaraunts and hotels where your union reps are spending your money. They tell you that it's for trying to push legislation. Well what has Hanrahan, Marano or Brickman accomplished in Tallahassee? Nothing because the state level PBA hire lobyists to do it for them. They spend your money to shake hands.

I can tell you this. It makes no difference what you think you are doing in Tallahassee when the local is suffering. If you can;t take care of the local membership,it does not matter what you think you are doing in Tallahassee. There are allegations of money mismanagement at the PBA. The PBA refuses to release any financial statements and tells you not to worry. Well I have another question for the PBA which raises a good point. Now that Pat Hanrahan is no longer the PBA president and Jeff Marano took his spot, why has there been no effort to remove from your current contract the fact that you still have to give the PBA 2 hours of your earned benefit so they can conduct union business? I personally think this mandatory 2 hr deduction is illegal but I am not a mamber so they can't take my time.

When will everyone wake up and leave the PBA? They are raping your paycheck every two weeks and you gladly let them do it again paycheck after paycheck. I wish everyone wakes up and takes notice of all the B.S that the PBA is doing to you.

Wow... sounds like someone who wants to be in charge and run things himself. Your argument that they are going bankrupt in one snetence, then five sentences later say that they make more than enough to cover attorneys and monthly bills. You and your argument do not seem credible. Why dont you say who you are so that we may judge what you have to gain by attacking the PBA.

Whomever we choose to be our union they are going to have to live on less that the PBA is taking in because a percentage of members will not switch to IUPA, PLEA, FOP, or God help us the Teamsters (aka thugs). I dont know the numbers but our legal bills in the past years have to be through the roof at BSO alone.

If there is theft, fraud or corruption in our union then let's root it out. You cannot convince me that during these last couple years with all the animosity and bashing and other unions trying to move in that no one called the Feds, FDLE or the SAO to file a complaint on the PBA. If that is going on, let it run its course.

Finally, maybe you haven't been watching the news but unions have not been doing so well with any state legislature or the public at large for that matter. Whatever union we pick will have a very hard time in the capitol. For my money the PBA has more juice now in the capitol than any other police union. If Charlie Christ gets back as governor you are going to wish you had the PBA. I'll change unions when I see the benefit for me. I wont change on the word of some anonymous person with a hidden agenda or a personal axe to grind spouting half truths. Not trying to convince anyone else. Just my opinion.

12-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Mark Trudel

You must be one of the eight PBA cowards that are going back to the road.
No I am just a road deputy who has witness all the BS Mark as done during his career. :devil:

12-15-2012, 05:08 PM
EL12034 International Association of EMT's and Paramedics, a Division of the National Association of Government Employees vs. Manatee County Board of County Commissioners 11/28/12 - 12/19/12 Mail
EL12035 Florida Police Benevolent Association, Inc. vs. Santa Fe College 11/27/12 - 12/18/12 Mail
EL12036 Florida State Lodge, Fraternal Order of Police, Inc. vs. Sheriff of Flagler County vs. Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Association, Inc. -
EL12037 Local Number 3990, Professional Firefighters of Lake County, Lake County Fire/Rescue, Lake County, Florida vs. Lake Emergency Medical Service, Inc. 12/13/12 - 12/14/12 On Site
EL12038 Florida State Lodge, Fraternal Order of Police, Inc. vs. City of Flagler Beach vs. Coastal Florida Police Benevolent Association, Inc.

These are the recent PERC elections that are pending. You see, they can't stop the bleeding.

12-17-2012, 08:44 PM
IUPA has a great Legal plan no cap, no out of pocket and no committee. Ask Riviera Beach. They have an Officer whose defense is over $250,000. She has paid nothing

12-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Mark does not take sole credit for Sheriff Israel's Win you tard. His beef with the PBA is being targeted by the PBA and Lamberti for supporting Sheriff Israel. Don't think for a second that Sheriff Israel doesn't know everyone of the sell outs names and current hand out position :snicker: