PDA

View Full Version : 411

12-07-2012, 04:51 PM
These are the topics I would like to address this week:

Holiday Open House TODAY – It is my pleasure to invite all BSO personnel to my annual Holiday Open House today (Friday, December 7th) between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. in the administrative offices on the 5th floor of the PSB. I look forward to celebrating the holiday season with refreshments, fellowship and good cheer. Unless you are Scott Israel

Open Enrollment Reminder - The 2013 Open Enrollment information is now available on BSOinformant. Please review your current benefit information before Sunday, December 9th. If you have any questions, please visit the 2013 Open Enrollment link on BSOinformant. Scott Israel will have to wait until January 9

Semi-Annual Awards Ceremony Reminder – Our agency’s Semi-Annual Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday, December 13th at 10 a.m. at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (Amaturo Theater). A list of award recipients is located on BSOinformant. I look forward to recognizing all of the deserving men and women who will be honored that day – especially our Medal of Honor recipients. Everyone is encouraged to attend unless you are.....wait for it....wait for it....Scott Israel

Cooper City Structure Fire Results in Kindness- Recently, fire rescue crews from Cooper City responded to a structure fire in a two-story townhouse. After extinguishing the fire, firefighters and deputies learned the owner of the home did not have homeowner’s insurance and lost everything. The home had to be boarded up and secured before deputies could leave the scene. That’s when members of the Technical Rescue Team jumped in to install plywood, which was generously donated by The Home Depot, to secure the home. While their job required them to put out the fire, not board up the structure, crews took the extra step to assist a home owner in need. That is the definition of Pride in Service with Integrity. Actually this is the definition of charity and assistance above and beyond. It actually has nothing to do with pride, service, or integrity, or any combination thereof. In fact had one of those employees got injured doing that good deed they would've likely been written up and denied workmans comp benefits. That's BSO's meaning of Pride in Service with Integrity.

Florida Model Jail Inspection – Last week, our agency’s Department of Detention underwent our annual Florida Model Jail Inspection. Members of the Monroe County and the Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Offices inspected more than 225 state mandated items for compliance in each of our facilities. I am proud to announce that all facilities passed with flying colors. I would like to extend a sincere thank you to everyone in DOD who keeps our agency’s facilities “audit ready” at all times.Were Donny Prichard and Scott Israel involved in assisting.

Airport Live Fire Training- I commend our Department of Fire Rescue Airport (ARFF) Command, assigned to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Station 10, who conducted their mandatory FAA live fire training at the Homestead Air Force Reserve Base inMiami. The “live burn,” which is required to be performed annually, is necessary to maintain FAA compliance. Our personnel conducted this training jointly with Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue members, who serve the Miami International Airport. This type of regional collaboration further enhances regional readiness.

Movember Fundraiser –Congratulations to the personnel who participated in “Movember.” The program raises awareness of men’s cancer issues, including testicular and prostate cancer. “Team Justice” was lead by Lt. Christopher Moffat, with 41 team members proudly sporting mustaches for the month of November. The team raised $700. Globally the program raised $115 million dollars. Special recognition goes to Deputy Jason Moreno who individually raised $200. Congratulations to all involved with this most important fundraiser.

All Points Bulletin Radio Show – The All Points Bulletin radio show can be heard this Sunday on WWNN 1470 AM radio and www.wwnnradio.com (http://www.wwnnradio.com) <http://www.wwnnradio.com/> from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. If you miss this week’s show, you can download broadcasts from www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org) <http://www.sheriff.org/> . If you have an idea or comment, please feel free to email us at: allpointsbulletin@sheriff.org <mailto:allpointsbulletin@sheriff.org> .

Whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you enjoy them to the fullest. Stay safe and always practice our BSO team credo – Pride in Service with Integrity. And remember, we are always “Raising Standards. Elevating Integrity. Delivering Excellence.”

Sheriff Al Lamberti Civilian Elect Lamberti

12-07-2012, 05:04 PM
"civilian elect Lamberti" that is just to funny.... made my day.

12-08-2012, 08:54 AM
sickening