PDA

View Full Version : FAILED BACKGROUND

12-03-2012, 07:25 PM
The DC elect. BTW he was on his way out under the new sheriff. The only good news is ONE MORE VOTE and they are all gone.

12-04-2012, 01:59 AM
If this is true, Where is the City Manager? Furthermore, how is it legal that the City is paying a detective around $100,000 a year to do absolutely no police work and work at the PBA full-time? To make matters worse, the detective is also getting paid almost $1,000 per month by the PBA. It is time to start writing letters to the Sun Sentinel and Miami Herald.

12-04-2012, 05:20 AM
Yes it is time. Think about it. Chief allows a $100,000+ a year salaried detective (who could and should have been out of that job) to be at the PBA full-time......? Why?
As a side note, why don't you ask any 1 of 3 PBA reps we have, which one is going with a Detective to Orlando, TODAY, December 4th, to 'stand up' for her while she explains her DAVID misuse ! Um, that would be ZERO reps. Why? well here's a hint: a unmarked PD vehicle will be missing from the #1 spot in the lot, then see which high-level ADMIN is not here, and you will have your answer. That's right, our reps must be too busy, so find out who. Then ask if he'll do the same for all.
FYI.....
Lead counsel Barbara Duffy gone.
PBA Counsel Claudia Estrada gone. Who's left, and why, after Barbara won back a Sgt's job, did she suddenly leave?
RS new VP of Broward PBA ?!?! hmmmm
Cops, investigators, etc, look for motives...... one might consider the 1 commission seat opening up as the Chief/City Manager's chance to have the new VP PBA influence, errrr, I mean endorse who THEY want, not the MEMBERSHIP.

12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
The DC The only good news is ONE MORE VOTE and they are all gone.

The DC elect is a good guy. You have (obviously) no idea who he is or what he has done. He was cleared, never charged end of story. As opposed to the FIRST DC who was INDICTED by a FEDERAL GRAND JURY. When you get a chance, look up what it means to be federally indicted. There's something in the definition which includes 'probable cause' def committed the act/s. That sounds a helluva lot more serious, or even worthy or notice than what occurred with the DC 'elect'. He wasn't even in county of the allegation, an the informant lied about it all together. Where were you 2 years ago ??

12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
So 2 wrongs make a right?
Go kiss the Chiefs ass a little more

12-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Once thing is certain- the DC elect does not have to worry about failing the Creek background. Is there anything above board with this administration?

12-05-2012, 01:35 AM
The creekers got it wrong again. Lees background was done months ago for the FBI academy he was scheduled to go in January, he just informed the BSO brass last week he was taking the job in the creek and gave up his spot. Do you guys ever get the facts right or do you just make up what you don't know?

12-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Once thing is certain- Is there anything above board with this administration?

Wow, with grammar like this, you MUST know something !!

12-05-2012, 01:58 AM
So 2 wrongs make a right?
Go kiss the Chiefs ass a little more

Where the F@&\ is the UNION, the 3 UNION reps during all of this. In at least to keep us informed, but, in the words of the great Ditka, C'mon Man!

:?

12-05-2012, 02:20 AM
The biggest cry babies work here and I would gladly get away from you losers if I could afford to. People, be grateful that you have a job with a pension.

12-05-2012, 12:59 PM
The biggest cry babies work here and I would gladly get away from you losers if I could afford to. People, be grateful that you have a job with a pension.

So says the owner/slave driver of the Chinese factory....?? ???? ?? ????? ????????????, ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ???? ?? ??? ???????!

12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
The chief must think we are all stupid. You would have to be a complete idiot not to responding with defenses for the DC elect. Who else would know details like "he wasn't even in the county". As far as the DC elect dropping out of the fbi academy, guess what people? The new sheriff takes office in Jan and the DC elect was not going to the fbi academy on his watch, the sheriff's own loyal people will be the first to attend. This is so transparent and insulting to the intelligence of coconut creek police officers. The city manager, city commission and the pba need to wake up and finally take some action. Maybe the previous post was right? Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel should be next.

12-05-2012, 02:26 PM
The chief must think we are all stupid. You would have to be a complete idiot not to know its responding with defenses for the DC elect. This is so transparent and insulting to the intelligence of coconut creek police officers. The city manager, city commission and the pba need to wake up and finally take some action. Maybe the previous post was right? Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel should be next.

Yes, he thinks most of us are stupid. He's sort of right, as most of us are lazy and will do nothing, so, 50/50.
Greg is a GOOD guy. He was suspended while the investigation went on, in which time the FBI academy passed on him. Investigation ended with no fault on him. Too late for the FBI Academy as they already passed.
Please stop misspelling 'physical'. You have typed 'physiological" and "phycologicial. Please stop doing that.
If you think the City Manager,3/5 Commissioners, and the ......... :snicker: P B A :snicker: are going to help Patrol, then you are right, except it proves you are stupid.....or naive, or both.

If you do go to the papers, please correct your grammar. Buddy Nevins and James G Kane at Broward Beat (.com) would like to help I am sure. Or go bigger.
Just do something besides bashing Greg who is a great cop, and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty to help EVERYONE.

12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
The chief must think we are all stupid. The new sheriff takes office in Jan and the DC elect was not going to the fbi academy on his watch, the sheriff's own loyal people will be the first to attend. This is so transparent and insulting to the intelligence of coconut creek police officers. The city manager, city commission and the pba need to wake up and finally take some action. Maybe the previous post was right? Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel should be next.

I don't think the Chief is responding to ANY of these. Going off your reasoning, YOU are him, or vice versa. (Yes, this may or may not be rhetorical). You say ONLY the Chief would know he was in another county..... It's PUBLIC RECORD, so my 12 year old can look it up! YOU then go on to state how the DC elct had no chance of going because of the new Sheriff, which means, what, you KNOW he applied to go again?!

You are a jerk. The Chief can do what he wants as he is the top administrator for the PD. The DC-elect and ANY other administrator hired does not have to follow sworn, collective-bargaining employee policy as THEY ARE NOT COVERED BY AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEEMENT.
P.S. Greg is THE long-time SWAT Commander for BSO. I am willing to bet he can a helluva lot more than run circles around you and 99% of the PD.

12-05-2012, 02:41 PM

So says the owner/slave driver of the Chinese factory....?? ???? ?? ????? ????????????, ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ???? ?? ??? ???????!

Altruism at it's finest, right 'Joe" ?

12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
By the way do you think the majority of us are stupid.

12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
In order to clean up the problems in the police dept, we need changes in the City Commission. Three commissioners presently are a cheering squad for the city manager who, through their rubber stamp votes, give him the power to do anything he wants, and he in turn gives the police chief the power to do his deeds. These 3 commissioners are Lou sarbone, Marilyn Gerber and Mikki Belvedere.

In March, three commission seats will be up for election: Mikki Belvedere, the seat being vacated by Marilyn Gerber and Lisa Aronson. Ms. Aronson is the strongest supporter of cops on the beat and in the schools... actually their best ally. She should be strongly endorsed and supported by the police.

Ms. Belvedere, since she is in the pocket of the city manager, should be voted out. Trouble is she is the only candidate from District B. We need a viable opponent. We are working on this. The police need to help find a candidate.

Marilyn Gerber is supporting Bruce Augello. Gerber's endorsement alone, she is the most avid and close-minded supporter of Rivera, should be enough reason to vote against Augello. But a check of Broward County's Clerk of Courts, Civil Division will tell you this man has a questionable past. There is a candidate opposing him: Sandra Welch. The police must rally behind her

We are Going To Do Something. You need to also: Talk up votes for Lisa Aronson and Sandy Welch and (hopefully) a candidate who will oppose Belvedere. Give money to the candidates; money determines elections. Give as much as you can, but even 10 bucks can help

12-05-2012, 07:21 PM
[quote="We know"]By the way do you think the majority of us are stupid.

Seriously, why, from anyone, would you pick on a guy that isn't even around anymore?
And your grammar is horrible. He's a good cop in a bad spot. As opposed to the opposite. :devil:

12-05-2012, 08:52 PM
By the way do you think the majority of us are stupid.

Seriously, why, from anyone, would you pick on a guy that isn't even around anymore?
And your grammar is horrible. He's a good cop in a bad spot. As opposed to the opposite.

12-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Come to work and do your job. Stop whining and blaming others for your miserable existence you pathetic people who wear a badge.

12-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Picking on are you kidding me. Everybody who reads this crap knows . Hey give it a rest.

12-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Picking on are you kidding me. Everybody who reads this crap knows. Hey give it a rest.

If you can't sleep, count sheep. Don't count endangered animals. You will run out.

12-08-2012, 05:12 PM
“If I care to listen to every criticism, let alone act on them, then this shop may as well be closed for all other businesses. I have learned to do my best, and if the end result is good then I do not care for any criticism, but if the end result is not good, then even the praise of ten angels would not make the difference.”
Abraham Lincoln

12-10-2012, 01:12 PM

The same corporal that lives with the police chiefs secretary? The same corporal that is JY's brother in law? Na it couldn't be, could it?

12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Once thing is certain-Is there anything above board with this administration?

The same corporal that lives with the police chiefs secretary? The same corporal that is JY's brother in law? Na it couldn't be, could it?

Your point?

12-14-2012, 01:21 PM
They don't have a point. Just posting anonymously to show ignorance. Funny how people think they are big and bad behind anonymity. Could I be wrong? Nah!

12-14-2012, 01:26 PM
amen!

12-15-2012, 07:42 PM

They don't have a point. *Just posting anonymously to show ignorance. *Funny how people think they are big and bad behind anonymity. *Could I be wrong? *Nah!

Dear LEO Affairs Readers,

It had been a long time since I had stopped by these pages. *Only heard about the recent bad mouthing going on in here on my very few trips to the PD. *I will not hide behind and anonymous guest name and only hope that this post is read by the right people. *

It's been a tough 2.5 years for many of us. *Our department has seen major changes...both good and others not so good. *I have grown up amongst all of you...have been here since I was 14. *Twenty years have come and gone right before my eyes and all that are left are memories. *We take nothing with us when we leave/die, but we leave behind a legacy of who we have touched in our lives, both positive and negative.

This department has become foreign to me and many people have lost sight of who they are. *I guess change, hurt, mistakes, and injustices will do that to people.....but it's time to turn the page. *There is a saying that says "Waiting for someone else to make you happy is the best way to be sad." *The negative posts written here are written by sad, angry, and hurt individuals.

I challenge you to find out what will make you happy as a person, and work toward that goal. *Your wasting your life by being hateful..."When you choose to forgive those who hurt you, you take away their power."

These posts about our new Deputy Chief are an embarrassment. * *Everyone deserves a fair shot. *When I heard the news that Lees was coming to our department, I was ecstatic. *Unbeknownst to most of us (which have lived in the CCPD bubble for our entire careers), *Lees is a fair and experienced leader; whose reputation precedes him. I know that now; as I've had the opportunity to work under his command. *

If you haven't noticed....gone are the days where you see something written positive about LEOs in the paper....and we are our own worst enemies (as you can see from the posts written on this blog). *So stop reading/writing negative propaganda and do something positive. *

Chief Lees is very well respected among the BSO community, and it's a GAIN to have him come on board. *I have never been one to Kiss A$$ (as many of you well know) so this post is not about that, but working at BSO has allowed me to gain a different perspective.

Lastly, when we all decided to take our oath in public service, we made a conscious decision to help others. *If you've lost your way and you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. *Start with the place you spend most of your time at; here. *

Your posts about DP and CB are ridiculous.....just goes to show how much you have to learn about life. *They have probably been more affected by the changes here than anyone else; yet you"re quick to throw stones....give it up and move on..."One of the happiest moments ever is when you feel the courage to let go of what you can't change."

As for the rest of us...."Just keep swimming!" *XO CB Have and will always love ya!

Ang

12-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Is it really possible that Ang could be so naive? A nice cushy job at a BSO task force makes for a loss of brain cells I guess. She missed the point completely. There was nothing against DP or CB. Drink some more koolaid at the Chiefs invite only christmas party.
one more vote people

12-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Is it really possible that Ang could be so naive? A nice cushy job at a BSO task force makes for a loss of brain cells I guess. She missed the point completely. There was nothing against DP or CB. Drink some more koolaid at the Chiefs invite only christmas party.

one more vote people

Predictable :)

No...haven't missed the point completely. It's obvious that you never won any verbal debates by using your brain cells and had to revert to meaningless and childish attacks. Grow up.

I've worked harder these past two years than you'll ever will in the cushy litte town that we work for. You have no clue...maybe you should try the other side and find greener pastures.

Loss of brain cells???? WOW for someone that doesnt know the difference between physical, psychological, and physiological....it just goes to show....Naive? You obviously don't know me that well... And lastly as far as the koolaid...I'm sorry I wasnt in attendance, but I'm sure a fine Cabernet would have been in order.

"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."

Ang ;)

12-16-2012, 03:51 PM
[CONTENT DELETED FOR VIOLATION OF TERMS OF USE BY SYSOP]

12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Just leave already you dumb fool. Angela the chosen one/chiefs choice? Humorous since that was a punishment if you rememberl. If you think you have all the answers why not post your name? Too scared I guess. Maybe afraid of YOUR punishment?

12-16-2012, 09:42 PM
No...haven't missed the point completely. It's obvious that you never won any verbal debates by using your brain cells and had to revert to meaningless and childish attacks. Grow up.

I've worked harder these past two years than you'll ever will in the cushy litte town that we work for. You have no clue...maybe you should try the other side and find greener pastures.

Loss of brain cells???? WOW for someone that doesnt know the difference between physical, psychological, and physiological....it just goes to show....Naive? You obviously don't know me that well... And lastly as far as the koolaid...I'm sorry I wasnt in attendance, but I'm sure a fine Cabernet would have been in order.

"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."

Ang ;)

Nice Ang taking a shot at the Creek with your comment " cushy little town that we work for." The last time you were on the road was nine years ago. The Creek has changed and not for the best. Try pushing a sled today. You have been lucky in your career to have been in so many positions.

12-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Wow the XDC is now posting. Only he would sing his own praises. Enjoy ur retirement

12-17-2012, 05:21 AM
Angela = 9 points ... Like her or not she had the guts to say what feels and didn't hide

Squad member= 2 points afraid to come out of the shadows and took a cheap shot.

This is the worst site in the world nothing makes the haters happy and the worst part is you can post any lie you want. I think I am going back to watching the History Channel, at least you get real facts.

12-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Amazing that the initials are the same for different people. DC- Deputy Chief or the other one in a position of power-DC. AH tried to do right and you miserable people had to play your games and bad mouth her. Let it go and get on with the important shit. Have you not learned anything in the past few days. Grow up and get over it.

12-18-2012, 01:42 AM
CONTENT DELETED BY SYSOP FOR VIOLATION OF TERMS OF USE

What does it matter about overtime. And was sent there as a punishment, you fool. But don't confuse you with the facts, right? Chief's choice?!?! This only proves you know absolutely nothing about what she has gone through. Just like the idiot that made a reference to her stats as a detective. She's was the hardest working one in there. She rescued a child from Peru, and actually care and worked cases. And as far as her road experience, again, I would match her up against 99% of what is out there now AND 9 years ago. She's an excellent cop, and investigator. She had the cojones to post her name and say what she had to say. That initself speaks volumes.

And as far as slamming the incoming deputy Chief, once again you obviously know nothing. Greg is a good guy, a great cop.

4/4/4

Sysop
12-18-2012, 02:31 AM
Greetings,

I must say I rather like it when someone is willing to post these days using their real name, especially when the topic is a bit controversial. Let the other users posting under their real names cast the first stone! Personally I found Angela Hofer's post refreshing because she is encouraging effecting change by being positive. You may not agree with everything she has to say (or anyone else for that matter), but you have to respect her opinion and guts. It is true that negativity can breed negativity (like a cancer). That's why it's important to post about the positives with your agency as well. Thanks for the air time!

12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Re: FAILED BACKGROUND

Postby Sysop » 12/17/12 21:31:01
Greetings,

I must say I rather like it when someone is willing to post these days using their real name, especially when the topic is a bit controversial. Let the other users posting under their real names cast the first stone! Personally I found Angela Hofer's post refreshing because she is encouraging effecting change by being positive. You may not agree with everything she has to say (or anyone else for that matter), but you have to respect her opinion and guts. It is true that negativity can breed negativity (like a cancer). That's why it's important to post about the positives with your agency as well. Thanks for the air time!

Sysop
Site Admin

Wow the moderator is taking sides so much for staying neutral. I wonder who he is, Whommmm!!!!

The truth is Angela is a hypocrite so stop drinking her juice. Oh this may come as a shocker she was not the hardest working detective or patrol officer. The detectives and patrol officers she worked with over the years were all hard working, competent; some which are now retired. That's the problem we know her true colors and her little essay is just hot air.

Grow up and stop being fake!!!!

12-18-2012, 04:10 PM
While commendable she had a resolution to the one case she was assigned it is outrageous you would say she was the hardest working detective in the CID. You continue to promote her as the hardest working and discount the rest of the detectives hard work. Since you know about the cases you must know the truth. A task force job a punishment. Ha ha. Wish I was punished taking family vacations out of the country working out everyday and creating new relationships with coworkers.

12-19-2012, 02:35 AM
hey - User avatar Sysop Site Admin
overtime info is public info you should not have deleted anything to do with OT
I guess we are slanted the other way now

12-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Working out everyday? Lol you lazy sack. I cant believe you would use that against someone. You obviously dont use your break to workout and im sure you dont waste your valuable time when your off 14 days a month. Lol your uselessness is glowing through your words. I bet you spend most of your shift hiding or at your house. Wow! Your two average dispatched only arrests a month shouldnt make you feel productive.

Sysop
12-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Wow the moderator is taking sides so much for staying neutral. I wonder who he is, Whommmm!!!!

The truth is Angela is a hypocrite so stop drinking her juice. Oh this may come as a shocker she was not the hardest working detective or patrol officer. The detectives and patrol officers she worked with over the years were all hard working, competent; some which are now retired. That's the problem we know her true colors and her little essay is just hot air.

Grow up and stop being fake!!!!

Let me help you out, "Sysop" stands for System Operator and I am not a Moderator but the Operator and Owner of this site. My identity is no secret and you can simply read my bio under Chip DeBlock if you still have doubts.

Unfortunately if you don't understand how forums work, there's not much I can do to make you get it. Encouraging users to utilize their names and post positively is hardly a character flaw (i.e. taking sides). Whether you want to admit it or not, it takes guts to come on a public forum and post using your name when the topic is heated and you're on the receiving end of criticism. I noticed you're not using yours but you're casting stones! Postings should be a healthy mix and not all negative unless you really have some serious problems at your agency. As our posted Terms of Use say, postings made by people using their real names have a higher right to exist than those of anonymous posters. It's a credibility standard and I haven't seen you step on the scale yet..?

12-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Mr. DeBlock

The majority of the CCPD want nothing to do with some of the vile things that are posted. I wish our moderator would block those indivuals that choose to abuse this site and keep blocking them until they run out of IP addresses.

I want you to know that what the vile anonymous post is not representative of a great Police Department. If the moderator starts blocking you will see our site clean up in a hurry. We all know it is a very small percentage of the dept