PDA

View Full Version : Port Details

12-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Lets cut the BS, these scumbags brass that make 110k plus a year are starting to really piss me off. You scumbags that work the port are just greedy. It is unreal that all these losers have this big money detail locked up while regular Deps are stuck getting bullsh*t. They are raping the port. They sit inside and do nothing. You how many deps there are struggling and need that money. I so happy captains won't be hogging all the cake details anymore!!! Also maybe these jack a$$es at the port that run the detail aka "port mafia" will open it up to those who need it. Let the detail office be the people to give it out. I can't wait till Jan! Got a problem with it then call ur congressman. You got guys getting 30hrs a pay check From the port detail.... Isn't that fu*king wrong. I usually don't hate the player but that's BS. Spread the wealth to the common folk!!

12-01-2012, 12:30 AM
That's so true. These guys have had that detail locked up for years. Unreal!!!

12-01-2012, 12:55 AM
The entire reason that the brass is working the detail at the port is because the policy of the agency is being violated and people are not being compensated at the $37 an hour rate as specified by policy. If they were paid accordingly, you would not have the brass working details, take my word for it. I know of businesses who will pay me $47 an hour or whatever the rate at the port is. Why can't I go out and solicit businesses for a higher rate, apparently its good for the port, correct?

12-01-2012, 02:11 AM
True stuff ... All u scum need to suffer!!!

12-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Undertaker you're a douche whole and obviously aren't in the division. Just stick to transporting for those guys and stop talking about people you don't even know, LOSER...

12-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Are you guys serious about Lt. Cady & Captain Fondo working details? And it's some special detail that pays more?
I thought SID personell weren't allowed to work details or do anything in uniform.
I'm not being sarcastic. I really didn't know this.

12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Guys guys guys. I guess I have to fill you in on this too. Ok. Sgt Santaluchia was once briefly assigned to SID/ Homeland Security. The SID scum command to include the lieutenants and up had some free time in between discussions of how the like having their detectives in fear of being transferred out if they don't suck up to them, hatched a brilliant plan to siphon money out of the port budget and right into their pockets. The port, which is considered a homeland security focal point needed a coordinator/liaison between homeland security and the district so they decided they could send santaluchia there as the liaison but more importantly, to have control over giving out the port detail. A lot of people know the connection between the SID command and santaluchia so in his infinite wisdom, Santa man assigns a deputy to issue the details as a buffer so if anyone questions why fondo or cady work the majority of the detail, the Sgt will say " its not me, I have nothing to do with it". Meanwhile these guys are sucking the life out of the port money and the captain is so greedy he keeps taking, despite making a salary of 150k plus. I hope when Sheriff SI makes his changes in SID he doesn't leave any of the command behind. There is no need for it and there are others who were in the division that can help with the transition. If any of the lieutenants, captain or commader currently there are left behind, it will be like leaving a pregnant ****roach behind. MARK MY WORDS. For those deputies who don't know these scumbags, I encourage you to ask around or on here. Many of us in the division will be glad to fill you in. Any chance you get to speak with the sheriff elect or his staff, let them know these guys need to go. Trust me guys. We need new blood in these key positions or the deputies who actually deserve to be in those specialized units will never get in.
Tha's the best story I have ever heard! Mystery and intrigue; I love it! Now go back to your comic books which have better plots than that!!

12-01-2012, 01:03 PM
It's true you dumb F*ck, stop kissing ass Guest as of Jan they won't be able to help u anymore

12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
The history lesson for today is, Lieutenants S.C & D,M. (little tiny man, now retired) came up with a brilliant idea. Instead of the Port having to pay overtime to deputies, who by the way were making $150,000.00 a year,they would convince their spineless leader to talk the Port administration into going for a detail at a rate of $57.00 per hour. That way the Port could budget for the costs and not have to pay the OT, which changes depending on the salary of the deputy working. Sounds good so far, huh? Well the real reason behind the suggestion to change it to detail money was, Lts. S.C. and D.M. were jealous because the deputies in the Port were making more $ than they were, so they came up with the idea so they could make $ if the Port bought into the change. That was because lieutenants don't get paid overtime. The Sgt. that had been mentioned was just a puppet for anyone who he thought could advance his career, or get him to S.I.D., he lost his hook when a certain major left and became a chief in a neighboring city.

12-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Knowing that the $57 an hour rate is a direct contradiction of policy, you would have thought that the brass/ administrators working the detail would have brought this to the Sheriff's attention and have it corrected appropriately. Perhaps this is an issue the incoming Sheriff may chose to address and get corrected.

12-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Sheriff Israel has already addressed the issue, nobody higher than LT will be able I work any details! Reserves are also not allowed to do details. We all know the reasons the reserve Deputies come back is for the $11 an hour anyway right!! What will Marie, Pia an the other one do without their Xmas gifts from all the reserve deputies giving them envelopes stuffed with cash and the gift baskets filled with yummy goodies!! Lets see how far the reserve force drops now!!!!

12-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Just wondering if any of the brass working the port detail had stepped up to the plate the last week since this was posted and attempted to get the incorrect hourly pay rate corrected.

12-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Don't leave off Doriot and his Fab Five who are given total control of their terminal.

12-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Just wondering if any of the brass working the port detail had stepped up to the plate the last week since this was posted and attempted to get the incorrect hourly pay rate corrected.
Why do you insist on saying it's an "incorrect" rate? It's correct and that's the rate. Sorry that you're a slug and not allowed to work there.

12-09-2012, 03:26 AM
Why do you insist on saying it's an "incorrect" rate? It's correct and that's the rate. Sorry that you're a slug and not allowed to work there.

ID works there and he is a slug. After what he did last week, he should be fired

12-09-2012, 06:58 AM
AGREED!

12-09-2012, 07:10 AM
They need to put this guy in serious counseling or fire him!

12-09-2012, 09:59 AM

I don't insist it's the wrong rate, the poicy of the agency says it is. Read the policy, it states that detail rates are paid at $37, correct?

12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
All he got was a slap on the wrist and barred from working there for two weeks. That's it.

12-09-2012, 11:12 PM
And how would you know?? Do you work at the Port?? Are you IN on what is occurring with this incident?? I seriously doubt it. Shut up since you don't know what you're talking about, AS USUAL!!!!

12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Temper! Temper! That's what got you in trouble in the first place. Thanks for the update Sarge! Enjoy your time off from the port.

12-10-2012, 01:07 AM
The misinformation in this thread is out of control. If you don't have the facts, shut-up!!!!. No one is even close to what is really going on. Whether you want to accept it or not Port ID's are limited just like at the Airport. There have been many deputies that have worked for just one day and never asked to return because you actually have to work for that $57.00 an hour. By the way that money comes from the cruise ships not the port administration. The $57.00 rate is to insure that all positions are filled, when one day of cruise ships being debarked and embarked generates millions and millions of dollars in commerce, they don’t want to hear that only 80% of the positions were filled. Like it or not it boils down to money. The Port is not the car dealer down the street or some other detail where you sit in your car, it’s a restricted access installation that could shut down Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach if something happened. Ok; so put some time in and maybe your turn will come, pay your dues and don’t hate others because they are doing better than you. Everyone doesn’t get a trophy, life is not fair. But if you voted for Obama you are not capable of understanding anyway.

12-10-2012, 03:08 AM
Then how come the slug wasn't working with his crew yesterday smart a$$? All his guys were there. No sarge.

12-10-2012, 08:46 AM
The misinformation in this thread is out of control. If you don't have the facts, shut-up!!!!. No one is even close to what is really going on. Whether you want to accept it or not Port ID's are limited just like at the Airport. There have been many deputies that have worked for just one day and never asked to return because you actually have to work for that $57.00 an hour. By the way that money comes from the cruise ships not the port administration. The $57.00 rate is to insure that all positions are filled, when one day of cruise ships being debarked and embarked generates millions and millions of dollars in commerce, they don’t want to hear that only 80% of the positions were filled. Like it or not it boils down to money. The Port is not the car dealer down the street or some other detail where you sit in your car, it’s a restricted access installation that could shut down Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach if something happened. Ok; so put some time in and maybe your turn will come, pay your dues and don’t hate others because they are doing better than you. Everyone doesn’t get a trophy, life is not fair. But if you voted for Obama you are not capable of understanding anyway.

It doesn't matter where the funds come from, that isn't the point. The point is, the policy of the agency is being violated and enforced arbitrarily. The detail rate is $37 an hour, correct?

12-10-2012, 11:16 AM
It also should be a violation of policy.....I've never seen that detail put out for us to have it. I guess I need to up my contribution to the detail office girls! More cash or a bigger gift basket with more fattening foods should do the trick! Can't wait for SI to come in here and clean house, starting with the detail office!!

12-10-2012, 01:21 PM
The girls in the Detail Office do not run the Port detail. It's run by a deputy in the
Port and Sgt. J.S.....The Sgt. is always kissing up to try and benefit from it, so the brass get all your details.

12-10-2012, 01:38 PM
That will stop come January 8th...Israel's first directive will be to stop anyone higher than LT from doing details. Also reserves will be barred from doing details. I say let the reserves do them but give them the crap that nobody else wants and see how fast they take them.. Maybe Covet will want Walmart in the Lakes from 11p-5a or Club Labadee from 10p-5a? See how fast they jump at that!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Ok, I’ll try to explain it to all of you Obama voters, Port details are NOT handled through the Detail Office. The $57.00 rate was based on two reasons, First, Bookkeeping: prior to it becoming a detail it was Over Time because everybody gets a different OT rate, a flat rate makes things easier. Second: as I stated in my 1st post the amount is to ensure the positions are filled 100%. Do you really thing this was done without legal being involved. How Chicken SH!T is it that you entitled rookie little piss-ants would complain about another Deputy making more money. Life is not fair, get over it.

12-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Ok, I’ll try to explain it to all of you Obama voters, Port details are NOT handled through the Detail Office. The $57.00 rate was based on two reasons, First, Bookkeeping: prior to it becoming a detail it was Over Time because everybody gets a different OT rate, a flat rate makes things easier. Second: as I stated in my 1st post the amount is to ensure the positions are filled 100%. Do you really thing this was done without legal being involved. How Chicken SH!T is it that you entitled rookie little piss-ants would complain about another Deputy making more money. Life is not fair, get over it.

I'll try to explain it again to you, it doesn't matter where the money comes from, if the detail office handles it or you just don't understand. It VIOLATES POLICY. Change the policy if you want, but it's a clear violation. The detail rate is $37 an hour. If the current Sheriff was concerned about future pensions being bloated also, he would correct the error.

12-11-2012, 12:05 AM

I'll try to explain it again to you, it doesn't matter where the money comes from, if the detail office handles it or you just don't understand. It VIOLATES POLICY. Change the policy if you want, but it's a clear violation. The detail rate is $37 an hour. If the current Sheriff was concerned about future pensions being bloated also, he would correct the error.
And I'll try and explain it to you again. The Port negotiated a contract and that's what it is; A CONTRACT. To have off duty details paid at $57. an hour. That's the story whether you like it or not!!!

12-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey smart guy. Could you tell all of us uninformed persons, what policy this detail violates. This was and is a PBA contractual issue. Your detail rate is not in policy. It's part of the PBA contract. If you could read you would know the difference between your P&P and contract handbook. So get mad and you still will not be able to change the Port details. Instead of trying to hate you should try to ask how you can get in on this money. Duh

12-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Hey smart guy. Could you tell all of us uninformed persons, what policy this detail violates. This was and is a PBA contractual issue. Your detail rate is not in policy. It's part of the PBA contract. If you could read you would know the difference between your P&P and contract handbook. So get mad and you still will not be able to change the Port details. Instead of trying to hate you should try to ask how you can get in on this money. Duh
Well said! But I doubt the Port will use this moron for details

12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
It's all right there in section 3.16 of the SPM laid out exactly how much....oh wait... NO IT DOESN'T!

12-11-2012, 12:25 AM
It's all right there in section 3.16 of the SPM laid out exactly how much....oh wait... NO IT DOESN'T!
LOL This shows what illiterate morons are on this site. Thanks for outing one of them!

12-11-2012, 12:25 AM

How can you hate the game when you don't even know the rules? Do you just make sh** up on your P/C affidavits too?

12-14-2012, 02:49 PM
OK, not here to argue semantics. Policy/ PBA agreement, same thing. The agency is enforcing it arbitrarily. The point is, its improper, unethical and not fiscally responsible. The detail rate for the agency is $37 per hour, plain and simple. Can I negotiate a rate with a business for more than the $37? The answer is no.

12-14-2012, 06:53 PM
OK, not here to argue semantics. Policy/ PBA agreement, same thing. The agency is enforcing it arbitrarily. The point is, its improper, unethical and not fiscally responsible. The detail rate for the agency is $37 per hour, plain and simple. Can I negotiate a rate with a business for more than the $37? The answer is no.
According to [b]POLICY[b] again 3.16 YOU can't negotiate a detail for BSO at ANY rate of pay. As far as the port detail rate well buddy boy that was played by YOUR PBA.

12-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Sorry meant Okayed* Not played.

12-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Sorry meant Okayed* Not played.
What the hell is going on at the Port??? Word is the entire upper staff is being replaced! And not with any competent people. All Isrealites???

12-28-2012, 02:49 AM
SID commander Donnie Harris is getting demoted to deputy and coming to the port. There goes even more of our details. I've always liked him but this is rediculous.

12-28-2012, 02:57 AM
SID commander Donnie Harris is getting demoted to deputy and coming to the port. There goes even more of our details. I've always liked him but this is rediculous.
Rumor is Harris is getting his bars back and will be the XO. "Spike" is going back also. Yes, the details will be absorbed by both of them.

12-28-2012, 03:18 AM
For any of you guys not at the Port, wondering how to get in on the details. Just join the SWAT team, somehow SWAT guys have the right juice to get the details. When others don't. Fair is fair. Lets see, overtime not capped for call outs and now 30 hours of details at the Port rate also. I think I'll join. I just saw the SWAT from training out there, Jay this is getting sad.

12-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Rumor is Harris is getting his bars back and will be the XO. "Spike" is going back also. Yes, the details will be absorbed by both of them.

I don't think that'll happen. There are some contractual issues involved with leutenants. He was recently blocked from taking a promotional exam. It's deputy or commander or higher. Or black water.

12-28-2012, 08:57 AM

I don't think that'll happen. There are some contractual issues involved with leutenants. He was recently blocked from taking a promotional exam. It's deputy or commander or higher. Or black water.
Just more rumors. Get a life!! Just wait and see what happens.

01-05-2013, 01:57 AM

Just more rumors. Get a life!! Just wait and see what happens.
Hey, if you want Port details then do Sgt JS a favor and he'll reward you with putting you at the top of the list. Either that or be in SWAT or SID and you'll be taken care of. Who is running that district??? Sgt JS or the Chief????

01-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Don't worry, everything is about to change over there.

01-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Looks like M in the detail office is out the door.Well over due.The details should be given out more fair now.

01-05-2013, 02:09 PM
I love seeing the same people at the port getting 20-30hrs a week. At $57 an hour that is a hell of a pay check!!!

01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I love seeing the same people at the port getting 20-30hrs a week. At $57 an hour that is a hell of a pay check!!!
If you see the same people all the time then YOU must be there too. Keep trying to stir the pot

01-05-2013, 05:14 PM

He sure as hell knows because he's there and never at home with me,
his Mama.

01-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Don't worry, everything is about to change over there.
Really?? That remains to be seen. With Sgt JS there nothing will change!

01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Same Entitled scumbags, still working 20-30hrs a week at the port!!! So much for changes and fairness!