PDA

View Full Version : Vericker blog

11-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Wow,how sad about the blog from Mr. Vericker. He knows he sees the Officers patrol by his house every day,about once an hour at least. Too bad he does not see all of the elderly welfare checks done,the watch orders done, the special area checks done. The Officers are checking the parks, going to all sick and injured calls, handling all issued calls for service, writing reports, writing citations, movers, parkers, city ordnance issues. Basically keeping the crime rate one of the lowest in the County. Oh by the ways about the cars that were bought with non resident funds, well too bad most people do not know there are only several police certified type of models available to agencies to keep the liability down. Mr. Vericker prisoner cages and all the other equipment needed to keep you safe are not made but for the few types of these cars, but too bad you did not ask.
All this and more and yes the Officers do have a great response time on top of all of that. Don't worry though I am sure they will keep protecting you and all the other residents, even the elderly. Ho my gosh almost forgot, the police do know where the elderly live when all of the residents were asked over the last several to register.
PS you want PAL go ask the schools police, maybe they have money.

12-01-2012, 11:40 PM
He seldom if ever sees anyone, my family and I never see anyone, and you guys have turned into the kind of cops nobody wants. We are diligently working on a cost analysis and a feasibility study to determine what we are going to do with you. I've heard from several of you who HATE this chief and want help dealing with him. Guess what, you are all on your own. Good luck, you are going to need it.

12-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Dear residents of north bay village, yes you are correct about a few things and we look to address these operational issues in the very near future. Please be patient with us and understand that we do care about this community and the people who live here. We currently have issues with the chief which involves our contract and preferential treatment for some employees while others are ignored. Some would venture to say that this administration and the current police union (FOP) is doing the same things the Former administration and the former police union (PBA) did under their reign. It really is a miserable place to work right now,infighting is At an all time high and its ridiculous how some cops are blackballed if they don't agree 100% with the way the chief operates. We ask that if you have disagreements with our police administration you don't take it out on the patrol officers who put their lives on the line for you everyday. This police department is not the only problem, this City is does nothing for their residents, north bay village has no parks with adequate activities for kids, no basketball leagues, no football leagues, no after school programs. no commerce just condos. the city floated a bond a to have a new building which would include a new city hall, police department, recreation center for kids and new fire department, miami dade county was willing to give north bay 6 million dollars for this project, as long as they could have their fire department there. it was a win-win for everyone! what happened to that? if i lived here i would be very upset. What happened to that money? Mr. City manager I hope you read this because these are issues concerning your office. residents should attend these city comission meetings and ask these questions. City hall has to explain these set back because its their job to explain why things aren't getting done. The city has major issues which constantly go undetected. The cops haven't received a cost of living raise since 2007 and most don't complain because they understand the economy. They didn't complaint when the governor mandated they pay 3% of their pay toward they're pension or when they were mandated by the city to pay a portion for gas for the new cars. The residents don't know about a lot of the crap the cops put up with. So let's give these guys a break and try to understand where the real problems come from in north bay village. Happy holidays.

12-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Ok and we are suppose to believe you guys care. You miserable people are 70% of our budget. Many of us residents see you all as ungrateful. In January you may really have trouble.

Address these questions: Why so many detectives? How much are the detached ones bringing in? Why has the chief spent so much money screwing you over? More so what are you cowards going to do about it? Nothing. If I hear that you are going to do a vote of no confidence, I'll come to the meeting and bring neighbors. Until I see that, you are all cowards not worthy of public trust.

12-06-2012, 09:39 PM
If your Man and I'm assuming That is the case, address those questions to police Chief Daniels at the next commission meeting. We are not cowards I assure you of that, nor are we afraid of Daniels or Verikers mouth. If in January we get pushed, we will push back!

12-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Several of you, 3-5 have reached out. Why, because they want the citizens who never see you guys to help. Some of you have so burned bridges with us. And you're right, not cowards, THE P WORD is more appropriate. Have you top flight security guards gotten rid of those awful PBAers? Now can you have a certain fat LT stop making excuses to other citizens as to why we should not go to Metro, he is only worried that he ca't do real police work.