PDA

View Full Version : New Credo/What do u think?

11-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Service. We are dedicated to the mission, and we pride ourselves on our extraordinary responsiveness to the needs of our citizens.

Integrity. We uphold the highest standards of conduct. We honor those officers (Deputy Sheriff's) who have come before us and we honor the colleagues with whom we work today.

Excellence. We hold ourselves—and each other—to the highest standards. We embrace personal accountability. We reflect on our performance and learn from that reflection.

11-22-2012, 05:18 AM
It sucks just like you, "napster"

11-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Awesome like to see those 3 words on side of cars.

Service-Integrity-Excellence

11-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Awesome like to see those 3 words on side of cars.

Service-Integrity-Excellence

What ever happened to "To Protect and Serve" or "To Serve and Protect" All this BS alphabetical mumbo jumbo that a person can't even finish reading if the car happens to be in motion is idiotic.

11-23-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't like the word "Serve". The public takes that to heart and things we are here to "Serve" them and with that tend to treat us like servants or worse.

11-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Ooops meant to say thinks instead of things.

11-23-2012, 04:02 PM
It sucks just like you, "napster"

Yeah it sucks, it's almost like the last one, only that just 3 words one next to the other
that really don't say much.

let's be more original S.I.

11-23-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't like the word "Serve". The public takes that to heart and things we are here to "Serve" them and with that tend to treat us like servants or worse.

me thinks you've lost the meaning of the job description along the way. You are are paid to be a "servant" not a hero.

11-23-2012, 05:13 PM

me thinks you've lost the meaning of the job description along the way. You are are paid to be a "servant" not a hero.
I'm sorry but me thinks you never understood the meaning of this job to begin with. Please show me in the following state law regarding the authority, reponsibilies, and scope of duties where it says anything about being a servant

30.15 Powers, duties, and obligations.—(1) Sheriffs, in their respective counties, in person or by deputy, shall: (a) Execute all process of the Supreme Court, circuit courts, county courts, and boards of county commissioners of this state, to be executed in their counties. (b) Execute such other writs, processes, warrants, and other papers directed to them, as may come to their hands to be executed in their counties. (c) Attend all terms of the circuit court and county court held in their counties. (d) Execute all orders of the boards of county commissioners of their counties, for which services they shall receive such compensation, out of the county treasury, as said boards may deem proper. (e) Be conservators of the peace in their counties. (f) Suppress tumults, riots, and unlawful assemblies in their counties with force and strong hand when necessary. (g) Apprehend, without warrant, any person disturbing the peace, and carry that person before the proper judicial officer, that further proceedings may be had against him or her according to law. (h) Have authority to raise the power of the county and command any person to assist them, when necessary, in the execution of the duties of their office; and, whoever, not being physically incompetent, refuses or neglects to render such assistance, shall be punished by imprisonment in jail not exceeding 1 year, or by fine not exceeding $500. (i) Be, ex officio, timber agents for their counties. (j) Perform such other duties as may be imposed upon them by law. (2) Sheriffs, in their respective counties, in person or by deputy, shall, at the will of the board of county commissioners, attend, in person or by deputy, all meetings of the boards of county commissioners of their counties, for which services they shall receive such compensation, out of the county treasury, as said boards may deem proper. (3) On or before January 1, 2002, every sheriff shall incorporate an antiracial or other antidiscriminatory profiling policy into the sheriff’s policies and practices, utilizing the Florida Police Chiefs Association Model Policy as a guide. Antiprofiling policies shall include the elements of definitions, traffic stop procedures, community education and awareness efforts, and policies for the handling of complaints from the public. History.—s. 14, ch. 4, 1845; ss. 1, 4, ch. 157, 1848; s. 9, ch. 1626, 1868; ss. 1, 2, ch. 1659, 1868; RS 650, 651, 653, 1241, 1242, 2583; GS 991, 992, 994, 1670, 1671, 3503; RGS 1804, 1805, 1807, 2875, 2876, 5388; CGL 2856, 2857, 2859, 4572, 4573, 7527; s. 4, ch. 22790, 1945; s. 4, ch. 73-334; s. 1, ch. 91-95; s. 179, ch. 95-147; s. 2, ch. 2001-264. Note.—Former ss. 144.01-144.03, 30.16.

Perhaps as agents of the courts was can be construed as servants to the judiciary, but nowhere does it say or imply that sheriffs or their deputies are servants of the citizenry.

11-23-2012, 05:18 PM
In fact not only does it not say anything about serve but section (h) specifically gives a deputythe legal right to 'command' the public within the scope of his duty.

11-23-2012, 09:26 PM
In fact not only does it not say anything about serve but section (h) specifically gives a deputythe legal right to 'command' the public within the scope of his duty.

Hope that made your penis bigger. I am proud to "serve and protect".

11-23-2012, 11:26 PM

Hope that made your penis bigger. I am proud to "serve and protect".
Why are you concerned with the size of my phallus? Clearly you have some issues that you need to work out before anyone allows you to "serve and protect" them.

11-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Protect the Innocent, Punish the Wicked

11-24-2012, 12:37 PM
I serve the public everyday. Get over yourself cornwipe and get out of lawenforcement. We are public servants you moron.

11-24-2012, 05:39 PM
All goverment employees serve the public.This includes the Military and Police.This is part of some Police Officers problems,the attiude.Who do you think pays you and if you make it,will pay you the rest of your life.Ie:Retirement.
I know,being in the Military and being a Police Officer for 28 years....

Change that attiude and you will be a better LEO .......

11-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Define serve.