PDA

View Full Version : Road Patrol Deputy Hiring

11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Did the recent election have any affect on hiring for road deputies? Looking to make the move down to the keys. I don't want this to get political or out-of-hand, just some straight-forward answers, guys, thanks. Be safe out there.

11-10-2012, 05:42 AM
You want my honest opinion, correct? I am assuming you are from out of town, correct? Well... If that's the case then stay away. Their resident get special treatment when it comes to promotion and stuff.. If you don't mind the favoritism then this is a place where you put a couple years and then pull out. It seems that is the trend with all officers down here. With the new contract you'll be able to have a take home if you don't mind living in a double wide trailer or share a home with someone in Monroe only. Unfortunately it is not available anymore if you live south Dade county area. You can't use the take home for your personal errands anymore if you live in county while your off duty. You'll drive your vehicle to the station. Road patrol works 12 hour cycles, 5 days on the first week and 2 days on the second. Then it repeats itself
For the most part, we all get along with each other as much as it sucks. This is a good place only if you are retired from another agency and own property in the keys. As far as long term, I don't recommend it or only if you NEED a job. Stay with your current agency if you have one, is not always greener. You are really nothing but a number rather than an employee as our new elected official mentioned during his campaigning. He has 40 other applicants lined up if you do not like it. But yes, there shall be openings soon. YouTube it brother or sister. You got your straight forward answer. This place is a big revolving door and you are about to be part of it.
Watch your back.

11-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info. Be safe

11-27-2012, 05:06 AM
So now new hires from outside the keys wont have take homes? What.about the guys that are parking at the fhp station right now? When does this happen or is the take home going away for sure? Wanted to apply, but was unsure of what really happens down there.

11-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Nope take homes are eventually phased off if you live out of county. New deputies will have a take home if you live in county. Why are you wanting to change agencies? Best of luck.

11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Any word on when hiring will be opened up?

11-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Whenever dade county hires all the whinners from monroe county.

:cop:

12-13-2012, 01:42 AM
It seems like the MCSO website has the status as "Accepting applications for anticipated future openings" forever now. Is there any word on any actual openings they're looking to fill?