PDA

View Full Version : Rick Wants a New Toy!

10-23-2012, 03:05 AM
Any other Leo's catch the Marathon candidate forum tonight? After his normal I-I-I-I speech Rick was asked what type of equipment he'd like to have that they don't have now. Rick replied, "a helicopter"! Are you kidding me? The budget is at an all time high, they can scarcely afford new squad cars or the gas for them and he wants a helicopter? Are the taxpayers going to have to pay for it? Oh I know. Let's just fire a few more of we underlings and then he can afford it. Simple MCSO economics.

10-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Yes and now everyone can see the video where Little Tricky Ricky wants a helicopter.
http://youtu.be/R9zRoRTXVb0

No plans by Ramsay to bring in any extra money for the county like Peteck wants to do. We lead the state in boat accidents but hey lets buy Ricky a twirly bird so he has something to waste taxpayer money on.... MCSO can't even account for the gas they spend on their VIP Plane. What does Ricky want? to fly back and forth from Marathon to Key West instead of driving the county car?

Now we see why he pays himself so much, no concept of fiscal responsibility, What a moron! Remember the 2006 budget he quotes is really the 2nd highest budget in MCSO History, NO saving there, Just smoke and mirrors cause Little Tricky Ricky likes to twist the facts to try and make himself look better. He is so stuck on himself you can count the number of times he says "I" in the video. How more conceited can he get?

Glad the public can see this before they vote. Save your tax money! Vote PETECK!

10-23-2012, 05:01 AM
You have got to be joking......Nope just saw it for myself.

I cannot believe this guy. He must live in an alternate reality, to believe for an instant that a helicopter is a necessary piece of equipment for our County SO.

Instead he should be worrying about doing the same job with less money, because that is where this county is at financially (remember us the taxpayers).

Please pray that this opens the eyes of those who drink from the fountain of kool aid that is Ramsay's. What are the odds this outrageous statement will make the news,
0 to none I bet. :x :shock:

10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
A helicopter....seriously!!! There are so many other things MCSO could do with extra money. The deputies are under paid for liviving in the community. They need more money to live here, which will help with cars leaving the county. It infuriates me to hear that he wants a HELICOPTER!!!! Trap robbing is a crime yes, but it's also handled by FWC. I've seen the two newspaper articles aboutt he deputies that helped catch the people who had the Queen Conch and the lobster, so buy more boats to patrol the areas off shore. The USCG and CUSTOMS have the helicopter for search and rescue missions.

10-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I never heard Ramsay state that trap robbing was a priority for the MCSO, even though I feel it should. Ramsay's idea of boat patrol was to spend an entire shift driving up and down canals and waving to the homeowners. The only time the officers could do enforcement patrols was during the mini lobster season , opening day of the regular lobster season and during the boat races in the upper and lower keys.

The boat patrols in Marathon and Islamorada (not under Ramsay's control) are used correctly. They split their time between enforcement and PR.

It wasn't until Tom Peteck began speaking with the commercial fisherman and explaining he could do more trap robbing enforcement with his marine unit than Ramsay currently allows.

My father and some of my best friends are commercial fisherman and we support Tom Peteck for Sheriff. Less taxes, more road deputies for enforcement, eliminating the pay disparity, any way you look at it means more money in our pockets.

10-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I never heard Ramsay state that trap robbing was a priority for the MCSO.

Tricky Ricky was only pandering to the commercial fisherman, but he knows in reality that the traps are the under the jurisdiction of FWC. But hey if he can use that excuse to get the taxpayers to buy him a helicopter why not.

Ricky believes the public is stupid and beneath him. Have you ever heard someone say "I" so much. Unless you are of benefit to him he has no used for you.

I know so many officers who are scared of his retaliation that they wont even comment publicly, it's a shame that his reputation for vindictiveness so so huge. Thank goodness we can vote him out come November

10-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Tricky Ricky was only pandering to the commercial fisherman, but he knows in reality that the traps are the under the jurisdiction of FWC.

Destiny those are all great points but please allow me to clarify for the citizens whop are reading this forum. While it is the sole domain of the FWC to regulate commercial fisherman, they share enforcement jurisdiction with Sheriff's offices and Police Departments whose boundaries include navigable waterways of the State of Florida. After all trap robbing is a felony and Sheriff's and Police Officers arrest felons most every day.

What Tom Peteck realizes is that trap robbing costs commercial fisherman and the local businesses millions of dollars each each year. Tom also realizes it does not take a million dollar helicopter to catch trap robbers, it is more cost efficient to put deputies in boats.

Trust me when I say this the commercial fisherman know they are being pandered to by Ramsay. I should know, I am the proud son of a long time commercial fisherman who is still active in the business including the political side of it. :D

10-25-2012, 01:45 PM
BG, JB, and MK let it go fellas. You guys keep digging the hole deeper. Ricky gonna have his position and that's it. You guys keep posting crap here that isn't being effective. Really, if Ricky wants a helo, let him have it. Don't get me wrong, you guys are good people but Ricky is the only one qualified. If he keeps screwing with us, we already have resumes out there and we will take it from there. Hate to see you guys get canned because the residents of Monroe county has the final saying of the candidate they want. Its not worth it unless you guys are in it for a high-ranking admin position.

10-25-2012, 03:30 PM
I am a Monroe county resident and not affiated with law enforcement. I Di get this link from the nakedconch.com. I have read through all the posts and all I can say is shame on the sheriffs admin. sign stealing, bullying and watching the video of mr Ramsay wanting a helicopter has convinced me that this regime needs to go. To the poster above. Please do not speak for we citizens when you say he has it in the bag. We ate inteligent and can make excellent dicisions when given the facts. I do believe there are ample facts on this board. Mr Ramsay does not have my vote and I do believe there are many more who feel as I do. I and my friends will be sure to tell everyone about this site. The public desperate the truth.

10-27-2012, 02:46 AM
You have got to be joking......Nope just saw it for myself.

I cannot believe this guy. He must live in an alternate reality, to believe for an instant that a helicopter is a necessary piece of equipment for our County SO.

Instead he should be worrying about doing the same job with less money, because that is where this county is at financially (remember us the taxpayers).

Please pray that this opens the eyes of those who drink from the fountain of kool aid that is Ramsay's. What are the odds this outrageous statement will make the news,
0 to none I bet. :x :shock:

You're hysterical. Take a Midol and relax. This is 2012, and helicopters are not exactly high tech anymore.

You have the bad patrolman's mentality anything not spent on raises is called "wasteful".

Which is why JB, MK, and BG were seen as laughing stocks int the election. Sorry, I left out TP; he's a laughing stock too,

10-27-2012, 03:20 AM
The point is, Darwin, is that MCSO doesn't need a copter. Trap robbing is the responsibility of Fish & Wildlife who have a copter and search and rescue is USCG duty and they too have a copter. MCSO could be just as effective helping in watercraft instead of trying to steal their thunder by trying to get there first. Just extra money that does not need to be spent like the driving and shooting simulators which are already outdated.

As for TP you'll see how much of a laughing stock he is come Nov 6. Don't think for a min Ramsay has it in the bag. The difference is people who meet TP like him. People who meet Rick don't care for him and his arrogance. The race will be close.

10-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Hey Darwin, maybe we could eliminate you and your inflated salary to pay for the fuel for a helicopter, eh?

10-28-2012, 03:10 AM
You're hysterical. Take a Midol and relax. This is 2012, and helicopters are not exactly high tech anymore.

You have the bad patrolman's mentality anything not spent on raises is called "wasteful".

Which is why JB, MK, and BG were seen as laughing stocks int the election. Sorry, I left out TP; he's a laughing stock too,

Well I see my personal troll has returned. Your certainly right helicopters are not high tech anymore. You can get an R22 pretty cheap, even cheaper if you build it yourself. However your correctness ends there.

Helicopters are not common place was the point I was making. Lets also explore the cost to illustrate the "wasteful" claim. The most common light helicopter in the police market, especially in south Florida is the Eurocopter AS350. They sell for approx. $2 million, yes folks 2 million dollars. That's before you even talk about up fitting with the latest and greatest that Darwin and the admin would insist on having.

Darmin, you should be able to tell by now by reading my posts that I am not a patrolman, much less a bad one. I have not held the rank of patrolman for over 20 years. I retired several years ago after 12 years as a police chief. I was raised in Key West, I have worked for the MCSO in the early 80's and left shortly after Billy Freeman's passing. However, I remained in touch with my many conch friends over the years and saw through them the decline of the once great sheriff's office.

Honestly I had little interest in this race until early September when I saw the thug tactics being used by the Ramsay camp. It was at that point that I decided to come to this forum to express my support for Tom Peteck. Tom Peteck is the only candidate who has it in his heart to be the best Sheriff for Monroe County.

BTW, perhaps one reason he wants a helicopter so bad is ... an old high school buddy is nearing mandatory retirement age as a helicopter pilot at US Customs and Border Patrol?

Yeah Darwin, that's how long I have been around, long enough to remember John M. and his brother Noel.

10-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Guest4xxx, why do you have so much interest on this race? Do you have a guaranteed position once TP assumes office? And of course, that's if he does. Really, are you discouraged because of the bullying? Who cares? We are pretty sure that you've seen many bullying in your career as a law enforcement officer and especially as a chief. Let tricky Ricks of duval street have his wishes.. Nevermind he will with a 65 percent win of the county votes.

10-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Let tricky Ricks of duval street have his wishes.. Nevermind he will with a 65 percent win of the county votes.

Perhaps we women and our families don't want to live with the fallout from Rick and "Bubbakind". He's so not a nice person.

10-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Honey haven't you realized it yet? Women, children and Gay/Lesbians are not high on Ramsay's priority list! He should remember there are alot of women of both persuasions who vote.

10-29-2012, 01:45 AM

Well I see my personal troll has returned. Your certainly right helicopters are not high tech anymore. You can get an R22 pretty cheap, even cheaper if you build it yourself. However your correctness ends there.

Helicopters are not common place was the point I was making. Lets also explore the cost to illustrate the "wasteful" claim. The most common light helicopter in the police market, especially in south Florida is the Eurocopter AS350. They sell for approx. $2 million, yes folks 2 million dollars. That's before you even talk about up fitting with the latest and greatest that Darwin and the admin would insist on having.

Darmin, you should be able to tell by now by reading my posts that I am not a patrolman, much less a bad one. I have not held the rank of patrolman for over 20 years. I retired several years ago after 12 years as a police chief. I was raised in Key West, I have worked for the MCSO in the early 80's and left shortly after Billy Freeman's passing. However, I remained in touch with my many conch friends over the years and saw through them the decline of the once great sheriff's office.

Honestly I had little interest in this race until early September when I saw the thug tactics being used by the Ramsay camp. It was at that point that I decided to come to this forum to express my support for Tom Peteck. Tom Peteck is the only candidate who has it in his heart to be the best Sheriff for Monroe County.

BTW, perhaps one reason he wants a helicopter so bad is ... an old high school buddy is nearing mandatory retirement age as a helicopter pilot at US Customs and Border Patrol?

Yeah Darwin, that's how long I have been around, long enough to remember John M. and his brother Noel.

Personal troll? Don' t flatter yourself.

I just come on here to laugh at the malcontents and the conspiracy theories. You do realize the SO already has a helicopter? The Trauma Star. The whiners didn't want that when it was being debated either.

Know that I know you're a Conch, enough said, LOL.

Ramsay 65, Peteck 35.

10-29-2012, 03:39 AM
For those confused to who Darwin may be it is Chief Lou C who works out of the upper keys the same 100k plus salaried officer who bullied The Caribbean Club into taking down Peteck signs and displaying Ramsay signs. He is terrified for his job so he would like you all to believe that Ramsay has it in the bag. Any other outcome for him means he may be prosecuted for his various violations of the law. Hence he write a diatribe of numerous BS to attempt to dissuade anyone who has not already voted. He views the public as ignorant and unimportant. His only concern is himself. Shame on him he should have known better. Please vote your conscious. Any candidate like Ramsay who must have a team of thugs bully people for their vote is NOT sheriff material.

10-29-2012, 04:35 AM
The SO doesn't even know how much fuel their plane uses. How the heck are they going to handle a helicopter and its exorbitant fuel costs? Stats show that for every hour of operation the helicopter will require approximately three hours of maintenance. Another certified mechanic will have to be hired. There goes the budget!! We understand, Lou, that you or anyone else in your overpaid group, including your boss, wouldn't know anything about that. Give it up Lou! What's the saying? "Be quiet and have everyone think your not too bright, open your mouth and confirm it".
Firing a couple more deputies should help defray the costs. That''s the MCSO mentality nowadays. Makes me not want to wear this Ramsay shirt but sure helps getting the straight poop. I don't have to worry. You'll never figure it out because, again, your not too bright.

P.S The boss didn't look too good tonight. His BS is catching up with him.

02-20-2013, 06:32 AM
He already did. He got an undercover Charger! Next stop, a cost effective helo like a eurocopter for Ramsay! :evil:

watercop
02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
He already did. He got an undercover Charger! Next stop, a cost effective helo like a eurocopter for Ramsay! :evil:

What's new about a charger with 89k miles on it?