PDA

View Full Version : Job Security

10-04-2012, 02:46 AM
To all HCSO Employees,

Please don't fall for the continued "gloom and doom" claims by my opponent in regards to who will stay and who will go in the event that I am successful in my campaign bid. I can tell you without hesitation that I will not terminate a single deputy sheriff, regardless of current assignment, party affiliation or who you vote for or support in the coming weeks.

The vast, vast majority of HCSO employees will not be subjected to the provisions of FSS 30.078 as it is a primary goal of mine to stabilize the HCSO. You will be able to count on a single hand the number of command or policy making staff whom I plan to eliminate or replace should I win this election. Why you may ask? I'd rather eliminate "do nothing" positions and keep the employees' pay and benefits intact. I am also obligated to the employees of the HCSO to provide you with proven and professional leadership as my pledge to stabilize the agency is a very high priority.

If you've listened to me during the various forums around the county, I talk of eliminating politics from the HCSO. I don't care whose sign you wave (if any) in the weeks ahead as I understand your RIGHT to support whom you choose. What I do care about is leveling the playing field in the HCSO whereby employees are selected for positions / assignments based upon knowledge, skills and abilities and not by "who you know."

Please read tomorrow's Clewiston News for additional information and if, at any time, you have a question or concern, you can contact me via my website or Facebook.

Your "Patrolman turned Sheriff" will say anything to maintain his position, please conduct your own due diligence and check the facts! Your confidentiality is of the utmost importance to me and will not be violated.

Sincerely,

- M. Chamberlain, Captain, PBSO - Retired

pioneer83
10-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Thank you Mark for putting in print this statement
How many are familiar with the laws regarding rights of new constitutional officers?

10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
To all HCSO Employees,

Please don't fall for the continued "gloom and doom" claims by my opponent in regards to who will stay and who will go in the event that I am successful in my campaign bid. I can tell you without hesitation that I will not terminate a single deputy sheriff, regardless of current assignment, party affiliation or who you vote for or support in the coming weeks.

The vast, vast majority of HCSO employees will not be subjected to the provisions of FSS 30.078 as it is a primary goal of mine to stabilize the HCSO. You will be able to count on a single hand the number of command or policy making staff whom I plan to eliminate or replace should I win this election. Why you may ask? I'd rather eliminate "do nothing" positions and keep the employees' pay and benefits intact. I am also obligated to the employees of the HCSO to provide you with proven and professional leadership as my pledge to stabilize the agency is a very high priority.

Class act. Thanks for bringing your message to the ranks. There is a LOT of misinformation and scare tactics going on.
If you've listened to me during the various forums around the county, I talk of eliminating politics from the HCSO. I don't care whose sign you wave (if any) in the weeks ahead as I understand your RIGHT to support whom you choose. What I do care about is leveling the playing field in the HCSO whereby employees are selected for positions / assignments based upon knowledge, skills and abilities and not by "who you know."

Please read tomorrow's Clewiston News for additional information and if, at any time, you have a question or concern, you can contact me via my website or Facebook.

Your "Patrolman turned Sheriff" will say anything to maintain his position, please conduct your own due diligence and check the facts! Your confidentiality is of the utmost importance to me and will not be violated.

Sincerely,

- M. Chamberlain, Captain, PBSO - Retired

10-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you Sir, you have much respect from alot of us.

10-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Thank you Mr. Chamberlain. I am one of many who appreciate this message.

10-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Thank you Mr. Chamberlain. I am one of many who appreciate this message.

There are many who appreciate Chamberlains clear messages about what he intends to do when elected. This is a man that will follow through and rid the department of the good old boy hirings and replace them with honorable people that know how to enforce the law, treat the deputies with respect and earn their paycheck! (show up to work!)