PDA

View Full Version : How much time is left...?

09-22-2012, 02:35 AM
How much time is left until the DOC is totally private? How much time until the P&P Services is private? I am saying another two years, right before the next election...

09-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Prisions, Prison Health Care. Why Not Probation. In the past lots of arguements that Private didnt go out in the field. Scott, Tucker and NIMER made sure FIELD WORK is not essential. Arrests, private cant arrest! Just like the County Probations do a VOP, send it to the Judge forwarded to the SO. For all the years of fighting with Sups. to do an arrest now just not an issue. Costs. Hey, private can do it cheaper. No where near the Salary and Benefits. I just dont know.

09-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Prisions, Prison Health Care. Why Not Probation. In the past lots of arguements that Private didnt go out in the field. Scott, Tucker and NIMER made sure FIELD WORK is not essential. Arrests, private cant arrest! Just like the County Probations do a VOP, send it to the Judge forwarded to the SO. For all the years of fighting with Sups. to do an arrest now just not an issue. Costs. Hey, private can do it cheaper. No where near the Salary and Benefits. I just dont know.

Its off the table for now but wouldn't shock me if they privatized much of it years down the road just leaving s offenders and conditional release and a few others to actual DOC employees.

09-22-2012, 04:19 PM
You just cant privatize P&P. DOC would be the only ones in the country to do such an action. These are not your CO's. These guys are in the public's eyes every day. Say what you will, it would be like privatizing a Police Department. Why do you think they were selected for the RNC and CO's were not. This is really the only part of DOC that can shine. I'm not saying it does, but there is a possibility that it could if done right.

09-22-2012, 08:27 PM
You just cant privatize P&P. DOC would be the only ones in the country to do such an action. These are not your CO's. These guys are in the public's eyes every day. Say what you will, it would be like privatizing a Police Department. Why do you think they were selected for the RNC and CO's were not. This is really the only part of DOC that can shine. I'm not saying it does, but there is a possibility that it could if done right.

Not really. There are states that let quivalwent of our F3's be supervised by private companies right now and there is no legal reason a state couldn't do that. We were set to be privatized in that one bill until the s offender talk scared them into dropping us from it. Just because they asked some PO's to do hardly nothing at the RNC has no bearing on this. :lol:

09-22-2012, 08:54 PM

Not really. There are states that let quivalwent of our F3's be supervised by private companies right now and there is no legal reason a state couldn't do that. We were set to be privatized in that one bill until the s offender talk scared them into dropping us from it. Just because they asked some PO's to do hardly nothing at the RNC has no bearing on this. :lol:

i wonder how much these companies pay people to post on our site?

09-22-2012, 09:11 PM

i wonder how much these companies pay people to post on our site?

:lol: I wonder if you realize how silly some of your posts are. About to be in the FBI ?

09-23-2012, 01:26 AM
"I wonder if you realize how silly some of your posts are. About to be in the FBI ?"

God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump. Listen up, people...

09-23-2012, 02:11 AM
How much time is left until the DOC is totally private? How much time until the P&P Services is private? I am saying another two years, right before the next election...

Bonnie Rogers, Bonnie Rogers, Bonnie Rogers ...

09-23-2012, 02:14 AM

Its off the table for now but wouldn't shock me if they privatized much of it years down the road just leaving s offenders and conditional release and a few others to actual DOC employees.

Who says "it's off the table" ? Where did you get that information from ?

09-23-2012, 02:58 AM

Who says "it's off the table" ? Where did you get that information from ?

The privates just want certain prisons currently and are trying to get Scott to just get DC to bid a bunch out next year.

09-23-2012, 07:46 AM
So if they are targeting certain prisons this year they probably won't look at p&p until no earlier than next year.

09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Everyone needs to wake up! When probation officers were proposed to be privatized in the 2011 proviso language-YES they knew what we do and we were meant to be in the language. Here is a link to the TaxWatch report Corrections 2.0
http://www.floridataxwatch.org/resource ... ctions.pdf (http://www.floridataxwatch.org/resources/pdf/01062011Corrections.pdf)
Bonnie Rogers will probably take over for Tucker. Scott doesn't want a Correctional Expert, he wants a Contract expert. Read the report-the plan is to have every aspect of corrections private. The way some officers talk--like it's in stone that probation cannot be privatized. It's not in the state constitution--it is just a statute that the leg. can easily change. Unfortunately this group of majority legislators that keep on writing us in language or bills to privatize us, the 3% bill, etc. have by a great majority been backed by PBA for years. This is not meant to start a union bashing competition. I think that the interests of the police and sheriffs came first. Corrections paid the price for more police powers, more crimes on the books and stiffer sentences. We did need that 20 years ago but not so much in the last decade. PBA and the board got one thing right in all of their newsletters-the only way to stave off these things is to be united members. Our board members unfortunately had core beliefs of the power of collective bargaining and unity only until they were not board members of our CBU anymore. If we want to survive to have the chance to thrive after Scott, we have to unite, we have to get the right candidates elected. With community corrections dropping ACA-the writing is on the wall. Please vote! And for goodness sake, if PBA is still taking your money, question everyone of their endorsements when they come out.

09-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Everyone needs to wake up! When probation officers were proposed to be privatized in the 2011 proviso language-YES they knew what we do and we were meant to be in the language. Here is a link to the TaxWatch report Corrections 2.0
http://www.floridataxwatch.org/resource ... ctions.pdf (http://www.floridataxwatch.org/resources/pdf/01062011Corrections.pdf)
Bonnie Rogers will probably take over for Tucker. Scott doesn't want a Correctional Expert, he wants a Contract expert. Read the report-the plan is to have every aspect of corrections private. The way some officers talk--like it's in stone that probation cannot be privatized. It's not in the state constitution--it is just a statute that the leg. can easily change. Unfortunately this group of majority legislators that keep on writing us in language or bills to privatize us, the 3% bill, etc. have by a great majority been backed by PBA for years. This is not meant to start a union bashing competition. I think that the interests of the police and sheriffs came first. Corrections paid the price for more police powers, more crimes on the books and stiffer sentences. We did need that 20 years ago but not so much in the last decade. PBA and the board got one thing right in all of their newsletters-the only way to stave off these things is to be united members. Our board members unfortunately had core beliefs of the power of collective bargaining and unity only until they were not board members of our CBU anymore. If we want to survive to have the chance to thrive after Scott, we have to unite, we have to get the right candidates elected. With community corrections dropping ACA-the writing is on the wall. Please vote! And for goodness sake, if PBA is still taking your money, question everyone of their endorsements when they come out.

Better than the useless Teamsters who have no power in Florida whatsoever and just attract bad things towards it employees just by having that name in a right to work state.

09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Better than the useless Teamsters who have no power in Florida whatsoever and just attract bad things towards it employees just by having that name in a right to work state.

The only Union that has any pull. the TEACHERS UNION. And they are saving all your azzs.

09-25-2012, 10:42 PM

The only Union that has any pull. the TEACHERS UNION. And they are saving all your azzs.

BS - We got more than other state employees under PBA many years now we are taking the biggest cuts of state employees.