PDA

View Full Version : When to apply

09-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello,

Was looking for some answers for those in the LE community. I am active duty in the US Marines but will be separating around Sept of next year (2013) with an Honorable Discharge. Will have 8.5 years in by that time. I have a Top Secret with SCI clearance and CI/Lifestyles polygraph as well on file that is good until Dec 2015. I will be taking the CJBAT as soon as I return from Bahrain. My question is, when should I start applying for a position? I have read it can take 6+ months. I'm just trying to be as proactive as possible as I'd like to, ideally, roll right out of the Marines and into the academy(with sponsorship). My GI Bill covers the academy but I would rather know I have a job to come back to after the academy. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

09-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Apply asap and let them know your situation. Maybe call ahead of time. Also, try going with the feds. The feds can be nicer and are hiring ex-service members over civilians at this time. Browse the blogs bc announcements always pop up on them first. Best of luck and thank you for your service.