PDA

View Full Version : 01/20/2013

09-14-2012, 02:14 AM
WALL STREET JOURNAL SIZES UP OBAMA

A "deadly" article regarding Obama, at the Wall Street Journal, which today is the most widely circulated newspaper in America .

Article from the Wall Street Journal - by Alan Caruba:

"I have this theory about Barack Obama. I think he's led a kind of make-believe life in which money was provided and doors were opened because at some point early on somebody or some group (George Soros anybody?) took a look at this tall, good looking, half-white, half-black, young man with an exotic African/Muslim name and concluded he could be guided toward a life in politics where his facile speaking skills could even put him in the White House.

In a very real way, he has been a young man in a very big hurry. Who else do you know has written two memoirs before the age of 45? "Dreams of My Father" was published in 1995 when he was only 34 years old. The "Audacity of Hope" followed in 2006. If, indeed, he did write them himself. There are some who think that his mentor and friend, Bill Ayers, a man who calls himself a "communist with a small 'c'" was the real author.

His political skills consisted of rarely voting on anything that might be deemed controversial. He went from a legislator in the Illinois legislature to the Senator from that state because he had the good fortune of having Mayor Daley's formidable political machine at his disposal.

He was in the U.S. Senate so briefly that his bid for the presidency was either an act of astonishing self-confidence or part of some greater game plan that had been determined before he first stepped foot in the Capital. How, many must wonder, was he selected to be a 2004 keynote speaker at the Democrat convention that nominated John Kerry when virtually no one had ever even heard of him before?

He outmaneuvered Hillary Clinton in primaries. He took Iowa by storm. A charming young man, an anomaly in the state with a very small black population, he oozed "cool" in a place where agriculture was the antithesis of cool. He dazzled the locals. And he had an army of volunteers drawn to a charisma that hid any real substance.

And then he had the great good fortune of having the Republicans select one of the most inept candidates for the presidency since Bob Dole. And then John McCain did something crazy. He picked Sarah Palin, an unknown female governor from the very distant state of Alaska . It was a ticket that was reminiscent of 1984's Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro and they went down to defeat.

The mainstream political media fell in love with him. It was a schoolgirl crush with febrile commentators like Chris Mathews swooning then and now over the man. The venom directed against McCain and, in particular, Palin, was extraordinary.

Now, 3 full years into his presidency, all of those gilded years leading up to the White House have left him unprepared to be President. Left to his own instincts, he has a talent for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. It swiftly became a joke that he could not deliver even the briefest of statements without the ever-present Tele-Prompters.

Far worse, however, is his capacity to want to "wish away" some terrible realities, not the least of which is the Islamist intention to destroy America and enslave the West. Any student of history knows how swiftly Islam initially spread. It knocked on the doors of Europe, having gained a foothold in Spain .

The great crowds that greeted him at home or on his campaign "world tour" were no substitute for having even the slightest grasp of history and the reality of a world filled with really bad people with really bad intentions.

Oddly and perhaps even inevitably, his political experience, a cakewalk, has positioned him to destroy the Democrat Party's hold on power in Congress because in the end it was never about the Party. It was always about his communist ideology, learned at an early age from family, mentors, college professors, and extreme leftist friends and colleagues.

Obama is a man who could deliver a snap judgment about a Boston police officer who arrested an "obstreperous" Harvard professor-friend, but would warn Americans against "jumping to conclusions" about a mass murderer at Fort Hood who shouted "Allahu Akbar." The absurdity of that was lost on no one. He has since compounded this by calling the Christmas bomber "an isolated extremist" only to have to admit a day or two later that he was part of an al Qaeda plot.

He is a man who could strive to close down our detention facility at Guantanamo even though those released were known to have returned to the battlefield against America . He could even instruct his Attorney General to afford the perpetrator of 9/11 a civil trial when no one else would ever even consider such an obscenity. And he is a man who could wait three days before having anything to say about the perpetrator of yet another terrorist attack on Americans and then have to elaborate on his remarks the following day because his first statement was so lame.

The pattern repeats itself. He either blames any problem on the Bush administration or he naively seeks to wish away the truth.

Knock, knock. Anyone home? Anyone there? Barack Obama exists only as the sock puppet of his handlers, of the people who have maneuvered and manufactured this pathetic individual's life.

When anyone else would quickly and easily produce a birth certificate, this man spent over a million dollars to deny access to his. Most other documents, the paper trail we all leave in our wake, have been sequestered from review. He has lived a make-believe life whose true facts remain hidden.

We laugh at the ventriloquist's dummy, but what do you do when the dummy is President of the United States .
We the people are coming!
NOBAMA

09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
NOOBAMA! I hope you are correct on this one!

09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Which one of you 2 idiots are the next Mitt Romney working for the State of Florida.

09-15-2012, 12:39 AM
The only idiots are you and the muslim loving, tax collector for the welfare state, Barack Hussien Obama, the worst president in history. I hope he is gone soon!!!!!!!

09-15-2012, 01:15 AM
The only idiots are you and the muslim loving, tax collector for the welfare state, Barack Hussien Obama, the worst president in history. I hope he is gone soon!!!!!!!

Assuming you are married lets hope for your sake your children and grandchildren dont have to give their lives in some Mitt Romney 10 year war so he and VP Ryan can sell War Materials and enhance their OFF SHORE BANK ACCOUNTS. Forget that Bush and former VP Cheney have that market tied up. Maybe Mitt can convert the Muslim suicide bombers to riding bikes, wearing their white shirts and ties and going door to door. Atleast the Mormons and Muslims have one thing in common, Keeping the Women of the World in their place.

09-15-2012, 01:42 AM
You make a stupid statement while our troops are still getting killed in Afghanistan while Hussien is President. How many more Americans will die because of Hussien being such a *****? Romney has not even been elected so for u to say we will be at war for ten years is ridiculous! If Clinton would have done his job instead of getting his pole smoked, 9/1 would never had happened!

09-15-2012, 11:39 AM
You make a stupid statement while our troops are still getting killed in Afghanistan while Hussien is President. How many more Americans will die because of Hussien being such a *****? Romney has not even been elected so for u to say we will be at war for ten years is ridiculous! If Clinton would have done his job instead of getting his pole smoked, 9/1 would never had happened!

You forgot to mention that Rick Scott and Ken Tucker only have YOUR best interest at heart.

09-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Only idiot here is the one that doesn't respect other people, and their right of choice.

09-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Only idiot here is the one that doesn't respect other people, and their right of choice.

You can not be for Mitt Romney if you RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE? Mitt against WOMENS RIGHT OF CHOICE...against GAY RIGHTS...against HEALTH CARE...against COFFEE, TEA, and ALCOHOL. They say Obama is going to take away your guns? Well Mitt and the Mormons already abstain from coffee, tea and alcohol. I HOPE YOU LIKE FLAVORED ......W A T E R?

09-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Against health care? Wasn't he the first one to institute Romeny Care? Right to Choose? The POTUS has zero say so in abortion, its up to the SCOTUS! War on women? Because most people feel that Sandra the tramp Fluke should pay for her own birth control? Why should tax payers pay for he 16.00 a mont birth control? All of your arguments are falicious! Lets talk about 16 trillion in debt, 8% unemployment, 1.3 trilliom dollar annual deficits, middle east in complete turmoil, gas prices at record levels. Obumer has been a total and complete failure! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

09-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Against health care? Wasn't he the first one to institute Romeny Care? Right to Choose? The POTUS has zero say so in abortion, its up to the SCOTUS! War on women? Because most people feel that Sandra the tramp Fluke should pay for her own birth control? Why should tax payers pay for he 16.00 a mont birth control? All of your arguments are falicious! Lets talk about 16 trillion in debt, 8% unemployment, 1.3 trilliom dollar annual deficits, middle east in complete turmoil, gas prices at record levels. Obumer has been a total and complete failure! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will kick some dirt in your face. But, so I can respond on everything will you make more illogical statements at my WATER comment. Maybe you and Mitt also believe in 7.We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth. From the Mormon "ARTICLES OF FAITH". How about a little snake handling. PS: Publix has Maxwell House at $6.99 the lowest in months. Start stocking up!!!

09-16-2012, 11:42 PM
So, what you are saying you are a religious bigot! I think you and Obumer have spent too much time in Reverend Wrights And Sharptons church. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

09-17-2012, 11:33 AM
What I'm not worried about is how Romney spends his money, but I am worried about how Obama spends mine.

09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm more worried about state politics.

09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
So, what you are saying you are a religious bigot! I think you and Obumer have spent too much time in Reverend Wrights And Sharptons church. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

No, I am not a religious bigot but let me give you a brief history lesson! What I am is old enough to re remember Jim Jones in Guyana and all his members drinking a Koolaid Coctail (1978). Then there was Heavens Gate (1997) 39 bodies found waiting for that spaceship. Hell, in Florida we had the Koreshans (1894) who fell in love with the stars and we named a State Park after them. Now, you got these crazy azz Mormons (1830-1840s) who would want you to give up Coffee, Tea and Alcohol so you could donate to their Off Shore Bank Accounts. What do they have in common? C U L T

09-17-2012, 11:36 PM
The Social Security Administration has released new data revealing that 8,786,049 American workers are collecting federal disability insurance payments in September. That sets yet another record for the number of Americans on disability. :devil:

The 8,786,049 workers taking federal disability in September is a net increase of 18,108 from the 8,767,941 workers who took federal disability in August. :devil:

Over the past 45 years, the number of American workers taking federal disability payments has increased four-fold relative to the number actually working.

In August 1967, 74,767,000 Americans were working (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics) and 1,152,861 were taking federal disability insurance (according to the Social Security Administration). That means that at that time there were about 65 Americans working for each worker collecting disability.

09-18-2012, 03:09 AM
The Social Security Administration has released new data revealing that 8,786,049 American workers are collecting federal disability insurance payments in September. That sets yet another record for the number of Americans on disability. :devil:

The 8,786,049 workers taking federal disability in September is a net increase of 18,108 from the 8,767,941 workers who took federal disability in August. :devil:

Over the past 45 years, the number of American workers taking federal disability payments has increased four-fold relative to the number actually working.

In August 1967, 74,767,000 Americans were working (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics) and 1,152,861 were taking federal disability insurance (according to the Social Security Administration). That means that at that time there were about 65 Americans working for each worker collecting disability.

Wow. you can copy and paste staticial information you found on the internet about social security disability. I'm soooo impressed. :roll: Please copy and paste some more useless statistical data because 1 out of 74,767,000 Americans might give a crap.

09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
So let me ask you this - are you better off today than you were since Obama has been elected? This is still America with a "capitalistic" system allowing a person to make and earn money - even if it is an account off shore. This is not illegal, if this is so bad then change the law. He is running for president, not chaplain of the senate. He is a good moral man who made his own money. He gave his inheritance away. Yes he did do health care in Mass, but he did not raise taxes to do so. By the way, why doesn't Obama show you his earnings? How much money does he have - isn't he in the 1%? I don't care who you vote for - just vote.

09-18-2012, 02:38 PM
The answer is YES! In June 2009 this country was possibly on the verge of FINANCIAL RUIN. I wont give a Bill Clinton speech. We are talking about the country. If you are a State Employee? The answer is absolutely ...NO...!!! 3% Taken by REPUBLICAN Gov. Rick (Millionaire) Scott and the REPUBLICAN controled Florida Legislature. Have you gained more the 3% this year. If YES, probably working a Part Time Job.

09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
When the marxist was sworn in the national debt was 10.6 v.16 trillion now. Unemployment was 7.4% and now it is 8.1%, the average worker makes $4,000 a year less than in 2008, and gas was at $1.84 a gallon and now it is around $4.00 a gallon. Obummer is a complete and total failure. Those are the facts! :lol: :lol: :lol:

09-18-2012, 09:15 PM

Wow. you can copy and paste staticial information you found on the internet about social security disability. I'm soooo impressed. :roll: Please copy and paste some more useless statistical data because 1 out of 74,767,000 Americans might give a crap.

That was a 1967 stat, genius!

09-19-2012, 02:03 AM

1967 STATS!!! NO ONE GIVES A CRAP!! STOP POSTING WORTHLESS GARBAGE.

09-19-2012, 10:33 AM
When the marxist was sworn in the national debt was 10.6 v.16 trillion now. Unemployment was 7.4% and now it is 8.1%, the average worker makes $4,000 a year less than in 2008, and gas was at $1.84 a gallon and now it is around $4.00 a gallon. Obummer is a complete and total failure. Those are the facts! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OFFICIAL DoD COUNT OF: Troops Killed in Iraq: 4481. Troops Killed in Afghanistan: 2087. Wounded in Action: 49795. Army Suicides in July: 38

When I started one of my first Probationers was a crazy Vietnam Vet who was the County Commisioners Brother. I hope E-train has a segrement on how to deal with the 10s of thousands men and women returning home from Bushes and Cheneys $$$$ War!
Give me $4.00 a gallon gas if our Military will get the hell out of the Mid-East. Then NUKE the place.

09-19-2012, 11:43 AM
The fact is your talking about Rick Scott, and we are stuck with him for another 2 years. The issue at hand is the presidential election, and the choices we have there. Lesser of two evils all politicians are useless anymore, they would rather cut public safety, health care, and public employees than the checks to welfare receiptants. The federal government is the issue, because we are stuck with Scott. Obama hasn't made a move the last I checked to defend the Americans, and soldiers killed over seas. He has made a move to cut the aide, which would do wonders if they would use it correctly in America. No he just wants to spend money, and allow all illegals to enter as freely as they want, and challenge any state to take a stand a against him.

You can get prepared for Florida's session this time too, because Scott will again attack the state employee. No raise, no gas per-diem for those that drive their own vehicles, probably more into retirement, and more for health insurance. But we are stuck for another 2 years if we survive that long. On the federal level if Obama goes in the USA is done by 2016.

09-19-2012, 11:45 AM
The fact is your talking about Rick Scott, and we are stuck with him for another 2 years. The issue at hand is the presidential election, and the choices we have there. Lesser of two evils all politicians are useless anymore, they would rather cut public safety, health care, and public employees than the checks to welfare receiptants. The federal government is the issue, because we are stuck with Scott. Obama hasn't made a move the last I checked to defend the Americans, and soldiers killed over seas. He has made a move to cut the aide, which would do wonders if they would use it correctly in America. No he just wants to spend money, and allow all illegals to enter as freely as they want, and challenge any state to take a stand a against him.

You can get prepared for Florida's session this time too, because Scott will again attack the state employee. No raise, no gas per-diem for those that drive their own vehicles, probably more into retirement, and more for health insurance. But we are stuck for another 2 years if we survive that long. On the federal level if Obama goes in the USA is done by 2016.

Correction: He has NOT made a move to cut the aide, which would do wonders if they would use it correctly in America.

09-19-2012, 03:41 PM
"Correction: He has NOT made a move to cut the aide, which would do wonders if they would use it correctly in America."

I love the debate but: You are the 47% that are bleeding the gov. dry. Why because your state salary of 36 to 40,000 can be done by the private sector for $28,000 a year.

Secondly, You will never be MIDDLE CLASS working for the State. You are the WORKING POOR of American. Yea, you pay taxes but you get $12,000 back in State Wages but you sill are a BUMP ON THE LOG to Mitt and Rick.

09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Get you a private agency to do my job then, because you are proof that the tax payers do not care how the job is done just who can do it for less.

09-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I wish I did make $36,000 to $40,000. That's a big fat joke, no where that bud.

09-19-2012, 11:57 PM
"Correction: He has NOT made a move to cut the aide, which would do wonders if they would use it correctly in America."

I love the debate but: You are the 47% that are bleeding the gov. dry. Why because your state salary of 36 to 40,000 can be done by the private sector for $28,000 a year.

Secondly, You will never be MIDDLE CLASS working for the State. You are the WORKING POOR of American. Yea, you pay taxes but you get $12,000 back in State Wages but you sill are a BUMP ON THE LOG to Mitt and Rick.

Make that Rick and Barack. Mitt is not in powet. Barack Obama is bankrupting the country. I don't care how you spin it, he is leading us off a fiscal cliff and there is no way you can say different. Lets rid of Obama in 2012 and Scott is 2014! They are both incompetent idiots!

09-19-2012, 11:59 PM

1967 STATS!!! NO ONE GIVES A CRAP!! STOP POSTING WORTHLESS GARBAGE.

You truly are a blind Obummer lover. The article was comparing the number of deadbeats on disability in 1967 compared to the number of deadbeats drawing disability in 2012 under the horrible Obummer economy!

09-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Hopefully, people will wake-up and realize that Mitt and Barry are just the candidates handed us to choose from by the group of Elitists that really control things! Out of everyone in this country, you cannot tell me that either of these clowns are the best qualified to run things :shock:

09-20-2012, 02:49 AM
[youtube:1305l872]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MQ3AG1c8o[/youtube:1305l872]

09-20-2012, 11:06 AM
311,591,917 July 2011 Three Hundred Eleven Million, Five Hundred Ninety One Thousand, Nine Hundred Seventeen!!!

This is the US Population as of July 2011. The previous poster is kinda right. With this population base is Mitt the best the Republicans can bring to the Table???

PS: The Mormons have increased that population by approximately 8 Million. Mormons multiply like Rabbits. Millionaire Mitt has 5 with this wife but no telling how many he has with his other Mormons wives throughout the world while doing his Missionary Work.

09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
I frankly despair. Obama and the Dems have screwed up the country while Dirty **** and Reps have screwed up Florida. Rationally I would have to vote Republican in the National elections and Democratic in the State elections to restore the balance. Doesn't seem right

09-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Admittedly, I have posted a number of times on this thread. So here is another. I am not sure what you believe the Dems. have screwed up. When Obama took office this country was at rock bottom when it comes to the US financial security. The Repulicans had drawn us into a Religious War. If 9/11 is your attack on the US then 15 to 20 crazy azz Radical Muslims hijack a plane and do the dirty deed. How in hell they got to that point in the first place is the issue. Answer, near complete failure of Bushes FBI, CIA, DOD and what else? The Republican answer! Send the majority of your US ground/air forces and 11 yrs later what do you have. In World War 2 this country sold War Bonds to help finance the just cause. What do the Republicans do? Hide and spend Trillions for what. Just to say my Jesus is better than your Allah!

Next! The Republicans just cant stand it that a Black defeated them by a wide margin because the majority of Americans saw Bush and the Republicans for what they were. I attended our Diversity Classes and it isnt much difference than those White Correctional Officers that hated Sec. Singletary for what he was, he was Black.

If your going to blame Obama dumping a couple of trillion to save the US economy how about blameing Bush for spend trillions in the Mideast.

The stock market is as high as it has ever been. The latest I heard is they are blameing Obama over China. Has anybody ever heard of Walmart. If Mitt wants to protect US industry let him anounce that President he will conduct an investigation concerning Walmarts love affair with China its Corporate Policy of turning its back on American Industry.

I just dont see where the Dems. turned their backs on the US people.

Enlighten Me....Please.

09-20-2012, 10:40 PM
US NATIONAL DEBT IN 2008 - 10 TRILLION DOLLARS

US NATIONAL DEBT IN 2012 - 16 TRILLION DOLLARS

OBAMA has almost doubled the national debt in 4 years. What will the national debt be in 2016 if he was to be re-elected?

US UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN 2008 - 7.2 PERCENT

US ENEMPLOYMENT RATE IN 2012 - 8.1 PERCENT

WHERE IS THE HOPE AND CHANGE OBAMA PROMISED? THE CHANGE IS A HIGHER NATIONAL DEBT AND HIGHER UNEMPLOYMENT. THE ONLY REASON THE STOCK MARKET IS HIGHER IS BECAUSE BERNANKE KEEPS PRINTING MORE MONEY IN ORDER TO BOOST THE MARKET.

09-20-2012, 11:35 PM
yawn. this is getting old on both sides.

09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
I frankly despair. Obama and the Dems have screwed up the country while Dirty **** and Reps have screwed up Florida. Rationally I would have to vote Republican in the National elections and Democratic in the State elections to restore the balance. Doesn't seem right

At a result of your equation, BOTh, republican & democrat screw up the country. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

09-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Pick a side you whimp

09-21-2012, 11:54 AM

OBAMA has almost doubled the national debt in 4 years. What will the national debt be in 2016 if he was to be re-elected?

WHERE IS THE HOPE AND CHANGE OBAMA PROMISED? THE CHANGE IS A HIGHER NATIONAL DEBT AND HIGHER UNEMPLOYMENT. THE ONLY REASON THE STOCK MARKET IS HIGHER IS BECAUSE BERNANKE KEEPS PRINTING MORE MONEY IN ORDER TO BOOST THE MARKET.

As I said before the answers are jumping out at you. 6 Trillion Dollar Increase from 08 to 2012. The Bush Religious War costs 1 Trillion Dollars a year. The Govt. should sell US Bonds. There is Trillions of dollars in the US earning less than 1% interest. Sell "US Jesus Bonds" at a rate of 3% interest and the WAR is paid for. Then you have the Trillion dollar dumped into Banks to save the economy. No other President has had to deal with the Economic Crash like Obama. Here I agree there was mistakes. My understanding is for the money spent and often wasted each and every American could have gotten, what? $100,000. That sure would have stimulated the economy.

With your figures not bad difference in unemployment. But, remember those boom years are PHONEY. I had a hiring and firing business backround before DC. Even though in my DC career we (I) had to teach life skills classes. I did Job Application/Interview. I made up my mind during my JOB with DC I would not recommend my Offenders for employment unless 100% deserving. Why, because I wouldnt hire them. During the boom even my most stupidest Offender often found work. At least they could carry a 2 by 4 from point A to point B. Chances are these people will never enter the work force again. Question: Do you believe Unemployment should be canceled?

PS: I taught my offenders to lie on their applications. If your 35 years old and want a job at McDs. who cares whether you didnt grad from High School. I told them to lie. No one every checks. Hell I might have a career in Politics.

09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Jeesh! And people wonder why I vote Libertarian.

09-21-2012, 11:16 PM
That's part of the game... Whoever is controlling at the Federal level screw the slaves one way, while the State Governors screw another, rinse and repeat!
If you can handle the truth, watch this video. If not, continue watching American Idol and masturbating with your thumbs all day on your IPhone:

[youtube:30jxedon]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LWVsV5qFSs&feature=relmfu[/youtube:30jxedon]

09-22-2012, 01:54 AM

It is totally right because it shows you are not a party lemming and you know bullshit when you see it. Scott is a disaster for Florida and Obama is a disaster for the US. I don't care how party hacks spin it, they both suck and the new guys/gals should be given a chance. If they suck, we can fire them to. Screw parties, vote for job performance!

09-22-2012, 01:56 AM

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan do not cost a trillion a year. Maybe 50-80 billion! Get your facts straight.

As I said before the answers are jumping out at you. 6 Trillion Dollar Increase from 08 to 2012. The Bush Religious War costs 1 Trillion Dollars a year. The Govt. should sell US Bonds. There is Trillions of dollars in the US earning less than 1% interest. Sell "US Jesus Bonds" at a rate of 3% interest and the WAR is paid for. Then you have the Trillion dollar dumped into Banks to save the economy. No other President has had to deal with the Economic Crash like Obama. Here I agree there was mistakes. My understanding is for the money spent and often wasted each and every American could have gotten, what? $100,000. That sure would have stimulated the economy.

With your figures not bad difference in unemployment. But, remember those boom years are PHONEY. I had a hiring and firing business backround before DC. Even though in my DC career we (I) had to teach life skills classes. I did Job Application/Interview. I made up my mind during my JOB with DC I would not recommend my Offenders for employment unless 100% deserving. Why, because I wouldnt hire them. During the boom even my most stupidest Offender often found work. At least they could carry a 2 by 4 from point A to point B. Chances are these people will never enter the work force again. Question: Do you believe Unemployment should be canceled?

PS: I taught my offenders to lie on their applications. If your 35 years old and want a job at McDs. who cares whether you didnt grad from High School. I told them to lie. No one every checks. Hell I might have a career in Politics.

09-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Pick a side you whimp

Sisi.....did you take any algebra in college.. Oh! I forget if you have your degree in CHINESE... :devil: :devil: :devil:

09-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Pick a side you whimp

Sisi.....did you take any algebra in college.. Oh! I forget if you have your degree in CHINESE... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Congratulations. You just won the stupid comment award.

09-24-2012, 02:42 AM

In 1967, there were 486,000 American combat troops in Vietnam.

[youtube:2v8729y9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ScisGFllPY&feature=related[/youtube:2v8729y9]

09-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Fact 1: It is not the case that all US troops will be removed from Afghanistan by 2015.
In his drawdown announcement this past June, President Obama did not say that all US troops would leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014. What he did say was 10,000 troops would be removed by the end of this summer, with 23,000 additional troops leaving at the end of the summer of 2012. After that, according to the President:

our troops will continue coming home at a steady pace as Afghan security forces move into the lead. Our mission will change from combat to support. By 2014, this process of transition will be complete, and the Afghan people will be responsible for their own security.
Notice that the President did not say that our mission in Afghanistan will end by 2014, only that it will cease to be a "combat" mission and become a "support" mission. What you should be asking yourself is, "what is a support mission?", "how many troops will be required for it?", and "how long will it last?" We will get to these questions shortly. First, it's important to highlight two things:

Fact 2: There is currently no end date for the war in Afghanistan.
Nowhere in the President's speech did he mention a deadline for the full withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan. No end date for the support mission has been supplied. At present, the expected duration of the war in Afghanistan is indefinite.

Fact 3: Obama's drawdown plan only removes roughly half the number of troops that he introduced into Afghanistan.
When President Obama took office, there were roughly 34,000 US troops in Afghanistan. In two "surges", Obama added to this figure over 66,000 additional troops. By reducing the US troop presence by 33,000, his drawdown plan will leave about 68,000 troops in Afghanistan next September with no timetable and no strategy for their removal.

Fact 4: Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's comments earlier this year about speeding up the transition to Afghan control do not mean that US troops are leaving Afghanistan any sooner.
The administration took a lot of flack following Panetta's February 2012 comment that the US-led mission in Afghanistan could transition control to the Afghan security forces by as early as 2013. To ease confusion over these remarks, the administration made clear that Panetta's comments did not mark any change in the US withdrawal plan as outlined by President Obama in June 2011.

Fact 5: The "support" mission will not necessarily be small, nor will it be free of combat missions.
A "support" mission sure sounds more reassuring than a combat mission, right? Sounds like only a few troops will remain behind to support the Afghan security forces?

Not if Iraq is any example. The combat mission in Iraq ended in August 2010, at which point troop levels were brought down to 50,000. In October 2011, over a year later, there were still about 45,000 troops left in Iraq. Furthermore, these supposedly non-combat troops would engage in combat missions and were described as having a "combat capacity" by administration officials, including former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, in which they engage in "targeted counterterrorism operations" and work and fight alongside Iraqi security forces. In light of this, "support" seems to be nothing more than a euphemism for extended combat.

In fact, reports are indicating that the US presence in Afghanistan will consist of a "slimmed-down counterinsurgency strategy" that would help protect the Afghan population--as well as hunt down Taliban insurgents and al-Qaeda members. There may also be forces dedicated to holding territory won by the US in recent years. In any case, it seems quite clear that the continued US presence in Afghanistan will look nothing like the US presence in, say, Germany.

Per a previous agreement between the US and Iraqi governments, all US troops were supposed to leave Iraq at the end of 2011. That didn't stop the Obama administration from trying to pressure the Iraqi government to extend the deadline, allowing the US to leave up to 10,000 troops indefinitely. Fortunately, this plan has been been abandoned, and all but about 150 US troops attached to the US Embassy left on time. But a similar fight over keeping to a deadline for withdrawal may erupt in the future over Afghanistan--whenever a deadline is, in fact, established.

Fact 6: Reports indicate that the Pentagon wants to keep 25,000 US troops in Afghanistan until at least 2024.
In August 2011, it was reported that the Pentagon is trying to strike a deal with the Afghan government to leave 25,000 US troops in Afghanistan until at least 2024. Keep in mind that there were only 34,000 troops there when Obama took office. That means that the net withdrawal would be a mere 9,000 troops. Furthermore, before 2008, troop levels were at roughly 25,000 or less. So leaving 25,000 troops in Afghanistan would be to merely return to 2007 troop levels.

If this deal goes through, the US will be at war in Afghanistan for at least 13 additional years--that's three more years than we've been at war to this point. Meaning that we wouldn't even be at the half-way mark today, let alone nearing the end!

The US is still in negotiations with the Afghan government about leaving troops in the country indefinitely. While no concrete number has surfaced since last August's report, indications are that the US is still trying to leave thousands of troops after 2014.

Fact 7: Ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq could save the US roughly 400,000 jobs.
$200 billion is a conservative estimate of the savings to the federal budget from 2012-2021 of withdrawing all U.S. troops from Iraq this December (as previously agreed) and withdrawing all U.S. troops from Afghanistan after 2014 (as popularly understood.)

In a 2007 paper, Robert Pollin and Heidi Garrett-Peltier of the University of Massachusetts estimated the impact of an additional billion dollars in military spending on employment compared to other uses, using a standard input-output model of the U.S. economy.

They found that an additional billion dollars in military spending would create 8,555 jobs. In contrast, an additional billion in tax cuts for personal consumption would create 10,779 jobs. Other categories of federal spending examined - education, health, mass transit - created more jobs than tax cuts for personal consumption. [See table 1, page 6.]

Thus, the net effect of moving one billion dollars from the domestic economy to military spending would be to destroy at least 2,224 jobs; moving $200 billion from the domestic economy to military spending would destroy at least 444,800 jobs. Conversely, saving $200 billion by ending the wars as previously scheduled, rather than saving it from the federal budget by using the chained CPI and raising the Medicare retirement age, would save more than 400,000 jobs.

Learn more here >

Fact 8: The lack of a timetable for withdrawal is a key obstacle in peace negotiations with the Taliban.
While major media outlets were recently declaring the peace process in Afghanistan lost due to the assassination of Berhanuddin Rabbani, the Chairman of the Afghan High Peace Council, they failed to point out that one of the primary barriers to peace has been in place for a long time: the refusal of the US government to establish a timetable for the withdrawal of its troops from Afghanistan. Taliban spokesmen have made it quite clear that peace requires a willingness by the US to leave; but the US military has done just the opposite through its negotiations with the Afghan government to keep 25,000 troops in the country until at least 2024.

Fact 9: There are less than 100 al Qaeda left in Afghanistan--but there are over 700,000 Afghan and international forces there to fight them.
Last year, Leon Panetta said that there were less than 100 members of al Qaeda left in Afghanistan. According to the latest Brookings Institute Afghanistan Index, there are 129,895 international troops in Afghanistan under NATO and Operation Enduring Freedom; 336,806 Afghan Security Forces; 90,000 private Defense Department contractors; and 2,000 private contractors training the Afghan Army. Additionally, there are 150,000 Pakistani troops on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. That's a grand total of 708,701 versus 100. Seems a bit overkill.

Fact 10: There is popular support for ending the war now.
A recent CBS poll indicates that nearly 2/3 of Americans support ending the war in Afghanistan within the next two years. Sixty-two percent said troop levels should be decreased immediately. 38 percent want large numbers to return from Afghanistan within a year; 24 percent said they'd be willing to have troops there for one to two more years; ten percent said they'd accept two to five more years; 18 percent said they'd be willing to have troops there "as long as it takes." Thus, 62% want US troops out in no less than two years. Only one in three Americans think that fighting in Afghanistan is the right thing for the United States to do.